The largest and most comprehensive Wizard101 Wiki for all your Wizard101 needs! Guides, Pets, Spells, Quests, Bosses, Creatures, NPCs, Crafting, Gardening and more!
As part of the largest Wizard101 Community and Wizard101 Forums online, this is a community wiki that anyone can contribute to!
Location:The Great Spyre
Dragonspyre - The Great Spyre (This is an Instance)
- How To Get To Malistaire Drake:
- Upon entering the Lower Great Spyre from Dragon's Roost, cross the large chain to the The Path of Scales entrance in the north area of the map.
- From the northeast area of The Path of Scales, follow the path down and around to the other Lower Great Spyre entrance in the south area of the map.
- From the west area of the Lower Great Spyre, cross the large chain and then follow the cliff edge to the west and down a ramp to find the Volcano Elevator. The Elevator allows access to the Upper Great Spyre.
- Exit the Volcano Elevator in the central area of the Upper Great Spyre. The objective here is to activate the Crystal Stand, in the south area of the map, in order to unlock the door to The Crown of Fire, which is in the north area of the map. There are two ways to do this:
- Defeat the Gurtok Firebender, then enter Dragon's Maw in the west area of the map. From the northwest area of Dragon's Maw, follow the path down to another entrance to the Upper Great Spyre in the southeast.
- Defeat the Gurtok Piercer, then enter The Howling Cave in the east area of the map. From the northwest area of The Howling Cave, follow the path down to another entrance to the Upper Great Spyre in the southeast.
- Find and activate the "Crystal Stand" along the south wall of the Upper Great Spyre to unlock the door to The Crown of Fire. The Crown of Fire entrance is north of the Volcano Elevator.
- From the north area of The Crown of Fire, follow the path to a room with two groups of Decaying Blackguards. Each group is linked to the locked door and must be defeated to unlock it. Go through the unlocked door and enter Malistair Drakes's room. Defeat the four Soul Servants, then watch the cutscene between Cyrus Drake, Sylvia Drake, and Malistaire Drake.
- Finally, confront Malistaire.
- How To Get To Malistaire Drake:
- A History of Dragonspyre Book Pedestal, for the quest The Secret History, can be found in The Path of Scales.
- "Malistaire's Chest" will appear after defeating Malistaire Drake.
- Cyrus Drake summons a portal to "Ambrose's Office" after defeating Malistaire.
- Quest goals call this location "Malistaire's Lair". The sigil name is displayed as "To The Great Spyre".
- The Gurtok Demons, in the Upper Great Spyre, drop Level 50 Athames & Rings.
- Tumok Gravelbeard, in the Dragon's Maw, drops level 50 Hats & Boots, and a Pet.
- Malistaire Drake, in The Crown of Fire, drops Level 50 Robes.
- Completing the quest The Final Countdown grants the Savior of the Spiral Badge.
- Before Fall 2010, three Crystal Stands were required to be activated at approximately the same time, in order to open the door leading to The Crown of Fire.
- Before Fall 2010, two separate Decaying Blackguards had to be defeated at approximately the same time, in order to open the door leading to Malistaire's area.
Connects ToDragon's Roost
Places of Interest
Reagents Harvested Here
Locked Chests Here
|No Locked Chests are reported here|
Fish Caught Here
|No Fish are reported here|
Fish Chest Items Found Here
No Hats are reported here
No Robes are reported here
No Boots are reported here
No Wands are reported here
No Athames are reported here
No Amulets are reported here
No Rings are reported here
No Decks are reported here
No Housing Items are reported here
No Seeds are reported here
No Reagents are reported here
No Pet Snacks are reported here
No Pets are reported here
No Mounts are reported here
No Jewels are reported here
Hints, Guides and Discussions of the Wiki content related to The Great Spyre should be placed in the Discussion Topic.
If the topic isn't already created (i.e. the link brings you to an empty search) then you must create the topic, using the topic naming convention explained here.
For Documentation on how to edit this page see Template:LocationInfobox/doc.