The largest and most comprehensive Wizard101 Wiki for all your Wizard101 needs! Guides, Pets, Spells, Quests, Bosses, Creatures, NPCs, Crafting, Gardening and more!
As part of the largest Wizard101 Community and Wizard101 Forums online, this is a community wiki that anyone can contribute to!
Taking Screen Captures
Images on the Wiki are in-game screen captures, so please no original artwork.
- 1) Find what you want to take a picture of in-game.
- 2) If the game icons are in the way, Press "ctrl-g" on your keyboard to make them go away!
- 3) Press "Print Screen" on your keyboard to take the picture. (also labeled as "PrtScn")
- 4) Your Wizard101 Screen will show in Blue the name of the image you just captured.
- 5) Find your file in the "Desktop/My Documents/Wizard101" folder and open it.
- Open up a new file in Paint or any graphics program and press "ctrl-v" to paste the image into the new file.
- 6) Crop your image to a decent size (see the examples below)
- Please don't cut-out the images without a background, they don't look great on the wiki.
- 7) FILE TYPES: All static images on the Wiki are .png files, so please save your image as a .png BEFORE you try to upload it.
- To convert other file types to .png format open the image in a graphics editor such as Paint, click File > Save As, and select PNG as the type.
- All Spell Animations are .gif files, so please contact a Wiki-Master about uploading spell animations (they take awhile to get right).
1) Open the page that is missing an image.
2) Click on the RED link for the image (See Below).
Quest Dialogue Images
2) Press "Edit" at the top of the page, then add the line:
3) Press "Save page" at the bottom of the editor window.
4) Now Upload the Images on the Quest Dialogue Tab!
|Please add categories to your images when you upload them. See the Uploaded Image Categories below for names!
Did you forget to add the category?
|Uploaded Image Categories
(number on the right shows how many subcategories, plus on the left to expand)
|Missing Image Categories
(these should not be used as a category
when uploading an image)
|Example Upload Screen with Category|
[−] Images (25 C)
[×] Beastmoon Form Images (20 F)
[+] Creature Images (18 C)
[×] Fish Images (213 F)
[+] General Images (8 C, 11 F)
[×] Gift Card Equipment Set Images (65 F)
[×] Henchmen Images (105 F)
[+] Housing Images (11 C, 20 F)
[+] Item Images (12 C)
[×] Jewel Images (39 F)
[+] Location Images (17 C, 20 F)
[×] Locked Chest Images (4 F)
[×] Minion Images (62 F)
[+] NPC Images (20 C, 12 F)
[×] Other Dialogue Images (386 F)
[×] Pet Ability Images (555 F)
[×] Pet Images (960 F)
[×] Polymorph Images (20 F)
[+] Quest Dialogue Images (18 C)
[+] Quest Goal Images (18 C)
[+] Quest Guide Images (16 C)
[×] Quest Tree Images (17 F)
[×] Reagent Images (325 F)
[×] Snack Images (463 F)
[+] Spell Animations (13 C)
[+] Spell Images (15 C)
[−] Image Stub (13 C, 102 P, 48 F)
[×] Creature Image Stub (74 P, 56 F)
[×] Housing Image Stub (14 P, 103 F)
[+] Item Image Stub (1 C, 3,349 P, 782 F)
[×] Jewel Image Stub (empty)
[×] Location Image Stub (136 P)
[×] Mount Image Stub (21 P)
[×] NPC Image Stub (53 P, 6 F)
[×] Pet Ability Image Stub (36 P)
[×] Pet Image Stub (2 P, 26 F)
[+] Quest Dialogue Stub (18 C)
[×] Quest Image Stub (55 P, 143 F)
[×] Spell Animation Image Stub (1,522 P, 28 F)
[×] Spell Image Stub (292 P, 49 F)
Manual Image Coding
If ever needed, you can manually include a file in a page by using a link in one of the following forms:
- [[File:File.jpg]] to use the full version of the file
- [[File:File.png|200px|thumb|left|caption]] to use a 200 pixel wide rendition in a box in the left margin with a caption
- [[Media:File.ogg]] for directly linking to the file without displaying the file
- For Manual uploads, visit Special:Upload.
You can also: