The largest and most comprehensive Wizard101 Wiki for all your Wizard101 needs! Guides, Pets, Spells, Quests, Bosses, Creatures, NPCs, Crafting, Gardening and more!
As part of the largest Wizard101 Community and Wizard101 Forums online, this is a community wiki that anyone can contribute to!
Basic:Creating a Character
From Wizard101 Wiki
|| This article may contain out-of-date information
- include a more thorough explanation / demonstration of the "Creating a Character" sequence
- If you know about the current state of affairs, please help keep everyone informed by updating this information. (July 2015)
|At Ravenwood, each Wizard enrolls in one of the seven primary schools of magic:
To help choose a school, each Wizard can take a Quiz from the Book of Secrets. This Quiz is not mandatory and Wizards may skip the quiz if they want to (click SKIP THE TEST in the lower left or you can choose a different school after completing the quiz).
- Be sure about your choice, as a Wizard can never change their primary school!
It is best to visit each primary school's page above and read about the strengths and weaknesses between them. The differences between schools become greater as time goes on. Here is quick summary:
||has high damage and spells that do damage over time but has relatively low health
||has the most powerful damage spells but also the highest "fizzle" or failure rate and the lowest health
||has high Health and defenses, but not as much damage as Storm or Fire
||has a variety of different spell types as the central school between all schools
||has healing spells and low damage but the highest success rate of casting
||has the most Minion spells, has attack + stun spells, and many manipulative effect spells
||has spells that hurt enemies and heal the player simultaneously
- In general, the higher the damage of the school's spells, the higher the fizzle (failure) rate for casting spells from that school.
||You choose if your Wizard is a boy or a girl.
||You choose your Wizard's Name. You generate a name by picking from three lists: First Name; First part of your Last Name; and Second Part of your Last Name. For example, you can make the name Andrew ThunderCaller. Each part of the last name can be "(None)", but cannot have "(None)" as a first name. You can click the "Random" button to get a randomized name for all parts of your name.
Visit Character Names for more details about your player name and a full list of name choices.
|Finally, you customize your character by selecting each of the following:
- Face Type
- Hair Style
- Hat Colors
- Robe Colors
- Boot Colors
|Your newly created Wizard will be visible on the Character Selection Screen with any other characters you have created. Each time you play, you decide which Wizard you want to adventure with by clicking on them.
- If you want to make another Wizard, press the "NEW" button on the Character Selection Screen.
- Click "PLAY" to join your selected Wizard in the magical universe of The Spiral.
- All new Wizards begin the game with the basic Tutorial quest, which shows you the Basics of Gameplay and introduces you to the first Storyline. You can skip the tutorial if you already know what you are doing. You still receive the experience when you skip.
Please visit the Basic Game Information Wiki Portal page if you need more Basic Game Information.