•  Fire
      ----

Mood:
      Torn

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Talking Is it just me?

I'm not sure if this is really going to resonate with anybody but I love wizard101 and I always have. It's been a huge part of my life and I've made so many friends over the years playing this, but I've never really ever been able to commit past like level 50 because none of my other friends have ever stayed with me and I end up just quitting when they do...... Lately I've been actually getting kind of depressed about it because one of my close friends that I grinded to level almost 60 with completely stopped being friends with me for no reason. And now I just kind of log in and stare at my character in the commons and think man is it even worth it for me to dive in again. All on my own. I don't even hardly have time to play the game. All my friends are gone. What's the point even to continue? Then I see a lot of posts on all these people talking about new worlds. I've played this since 2010 at least, and I've never made it past Celestia.. I don't even understand most of the concepts of the game like gardening or anything like that. I kind of just get on and get off.... My friends list is empty. I lost my old account. I had to start a new one and the few friends I made on here never log in anymore. I just miss the days... I'm not sure if anybody would be willing to play with me sometimes or point me in the right direction to get out of this funk and be able to enjoy the game like I once did, but I'd love some advice from anybody. Sorry for the rant.. hope this makes sense to someone out there.

Dylan Windwalker is online now Transcendent Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Re: Is it just me?

If you're really committed to questing with friends only, then I just think you're going to have to continue trying to find people. I know there's a lot of Guilds out there who consist primarily for questing and socializing, which could give you an extra hand in making friends that will last because at least you'd be in an official group with them within the game. Also finding a Discord Group outside the game itself can make a difference because then you can communicate with players without having them be online. This game just isn't for everybody, especially for those that get a thrill out of complexity that maybe other MMORPGs or Multiplayer games have that W101 doesn't. The play style of the game doesn't change a lot after Celestia and understanding this shifts people's attention. But there are plenty of people who appreciate the simplicity of this game and I'm sure you'll find friends within this group of people.

I'm sure you've considered not needing friends to quest through Celestia or whatnot, so I'm not going to be very thorough with this, but it's incredibly possible to still be able to complete Celestia (and the majority of the game) without the need of friends to assist you. I know questing with friends feels fantastic and makes the game much easier, eases away that depression. But it's not necessary for you to continue questing. And if you ever need help, I'll be down to help you with whatever dungeon or quest.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Pegasus Unbound is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Talking Re: Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I'm not sure if this is really going to resonate with anybody but I love wizard101 and I always have. It's been a huge part of my life and I've made so many friends over the years playing this, but I've never really ever been able to commit past like level 50 because none of my other friends have ever stayed with me and I end up just quitting when they do...... Lately I've been actually getting kind of depressed about it because one of my close friends that I grinded to level almost 60 with completely stopped being friends with me for no reason. And now I just kind of log in and stare at my character in the commons and think man is it even worth it for me to dive in again. All on my own. I don't even hardly have time to play the game. All my friends are gone. What's the point even to continue? Then I see a lot of posts on all these people talking about new worlds. I've played this since 2010 at least, and I've never made it past Celestia.. I don't even understand most of the concepts of the game like gardening or anything like that. I kind of just get on and get off.... My friends list is empty. I lost my old account. I had to start a new one and the few friends I made on here never log in anymore. I just miss the days... I'm not sure if anybody would be willing to play with me sometimes or point me in the right direction to get out of this funk and be able to enjoy the game like I once did, but I'd love some advice from anybody. Sorry for the rant.. hope this makes sense to someone out there.
      There is a point, that is that you love it!

First, let me welcome you!! Now, you are part of the W101Central Family where we all love the game as well.

There are so many members that will help you with quests and build new friendships as old ones might veer off in different directions. There is very little limit to the new and special friendships you will make here as you continue to explore the Spiral. I speak from experience because I have very dear and loved friends from this wonderful place that I have been a member of for 14 years!

I will say this, life (Either in or out of the game) changes with each passing minute. What you do with or about those changes is up to you and that is a major part of how we grow and learn as human beings becoming Humane beings. If you REALLY want something, then don't give up...push on and find a way; and when the way doesn't seem to be available, we are here for you.

edit:

I forgot to mention, this place full of friends and "family" is the creation of @Jester and @Olivia. What started out as a "Fansite" has become so much more and you can learn how it all started at:

https://kingsisleblog.com/2013/06/25...rd101-central/

You are no longer alone! Hugs from just one of your new friends,

Van
      Last edited by Pegasus Unbound; 11-26-23 at 7:53:11 PM.

Kokyota is offline Magus Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Wow!
      I am stuck at level 130 for the same reason!
      I'm sharing the below two posts with you as they were my effort to move-on/heal. Now, I find without my friend, these long battles don’t fit into my lifestyle (did they ever fit into my lifestyle). Perhaps, because conversations with an understanding friend during these longs battle made the game more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokyota View Post
      I remember when my dear wizard friend, Scot DawnGlen was alive. We had the best of times. Two wizards travelling throughout the Spiral. We would stop to help Wizards along the way. We dressed alike, had the same wand, and rode the same mount. I think we looked good! LOL!

We would have these massive arguments about politics, me not being a purest because I used Elixir and henchmen, and him accepting gifts from kids. He taught me the art of patience because he demanded it when we played with others. I taught him to be thankful, not to be so demanding, and being selective with his kindness is not good. Once he killed off one of his Wizards and we didn’t talk for a week! We would devise battle strategies for those major dungeons. Our strategies always involved Elixirs and henchmen which he didn’t mind then! So much more. Back then playing this game was great fun. Then Scot DawnGlen died.
      @Pegasus Unbound

Such a powerful post! It was tough reading through tears. Perhaps, I am sharing far too much. But I feel like a ping-pong game, I find myself still bouncing through the 5 stages of grief yet to get to acceptance. Maybe things should have been said. Often wonder if this game is keeping me from moving on.

Another story of Scott, I asked him once “why do you give that player a pass, why are you so patient with him and not me” his answer was always “You should know better”! Arrgh! He called me a “a ditzy blonde” and I would call him an “old curmudgeon”. Then we rode in silence to our next battle. Then he would say “are you going to get on this sigil or what”? Once we knew how powerful the beast was, I would say, “I’m getting an Elixir maybe 2” and it would start all over again! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/aworr/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

I’d asked KI if I could buy his accounts. I couldn’t buy his accounts. Then I’d asked KI not to turn his wizards avatars in my Friend List into that non-descript scarecrow. KI never answered that one. Life goes on and so will I.

Dylan Windwalker is online now Transcendent Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Wow!
      I'm sharing the below two posts with you as they were my effort to move-on/heal. Now, I find without my friend, these long battles don’t fit into my lifestyle (did they ever fit into my lifestyle). Perhaps, because conversations with an understanding friend during these longs battle made the game more interesting.

If there's anything I can do about that, just send me a message and I'll get back to you like a rocket
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 11-26-23 at 2:37:07 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I don't think it's just you, but maybe it is the fact that you're getting older. I don't know how old you are, but if you started playing the game as a very young person, thirteen years could be half your life. Becoming an adult comes with many changes that can make people rethink their priorities and friendships, and everything else. We have all lost in-game friends along the way, and many of us have had some lonely times. I only have one Wizard who is max level, because I actually enjoy questing in the early Worlds and create new Wizards all of the time. If you want to progress, you have to make that commitment to yourself to find a way through.

Is your current Wizard in Celestia? Are you playing in Avery Realm and using Team Up for dungeons? Are you chatting with other Wizards you see in the Commons? I think the key is to keep reaching out and asking for help. Let us here on Central know what days and time of day you do log on to play. Because the game is world wide, there is sure to be someone out there who is playing at that same time. Have you considered joining a Guild at the Social Kiosk in Olde Town, or a Group here?

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Have you considered joining a Guild at the Social Kiosk in Olde Town, or a Group here?

I too have been playing for a while and the smartest thing I ever did - the secret to why I've enjoyed the game for as long as I have - was to become a part of the Central community here. Sure, over the years there have been some trolls, controversial characters, and loads of folks I don't agree with, but the majority of the folks on this site have been kine, respectful, and helpful. And it's from Central that I've found many, many in game friends.

So welcome - I can't promise you'll find your soulmate here, but you'll find lots of folks here to help.

Also, as suggested by a few already, perhaps you might want to consider joining a Guild? Our Guild has been very focused on adding Raiders, but I know someone who could make an exception to our Raider-only policy. We don't do a ton of social activities but if you need help with something or just want to talk about stuff, we've got quite a few folks there for you.

Casp

Flash33 is offline Exalted

• Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Twitchy Chester
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Serpent

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold
      Blog Entries

There's nothing wrong with often having more fun questing with friends than solo, and it can be boring at times not to have someone to talk to. That said, as I'm sure you're aware, there will be times where you won't have friends available to quest with you, and if you really truly want to see what the rest of the game has to offer you're gonna have to buckle down and just accept questing solo sometimes. If you can do that then try to look for some motivation to do it, like seeing where the story goes next or what new environments you'll be able to explore.

If you'd like to try to make some new friends then try posting more here on W101C, or try joining a guild in the game, on here or on Discord. Who knows? You may be able to discover things you weren't aware of before.

Regardless of what you do just make sure to keep your expectations and goals realistic & reasonable (i.e. no stuff like expecting others to be at your beck & call 24/7). If you can't do that then maybe multiplayer games aren't for you.
      Last edited by Flash33; 11-26-23 at 2:39:33 PM.

Chris Spiritcaster is offline Master Wizard

• Chris Spiritcaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Spiritcaster/D/150;Shadowcaller/I/150;Firebringer/F/160;Firesword/S/160;Battlehamer/M/151
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Various

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Wow!
      I feel the same as I have 4 wizards stuck in Lemuria for the same reason as well! I was finally progressing my ice through Lemuria with someone I met through a team up, then we lost internet until this morning due to a utility company cutting Xfinity's fibers.

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

it was the opposite of me when i first came to investigate the game. it was initially the opposite where it was very negative . players didn't stay on long. at best a year or so then they moved on. only in the past 5 or 6 years did i find people playing. so for me it got better. you should be able to find new people as the others said. this is a good place to start.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast