Let's talk about Team Ups? - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Wiki
Wizard101 Central - Powered by vBulletin
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12
    1. #1
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
      Dylan Windwalker is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      6,254
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      5
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      20,962.50

      Let's talk about Team Ups?

      I think Team Ups is essentially the boredom killer. It's something that I can always do when I'm online with nothing else to do and it is still somewhat helpful to those who sign up for Team Up in a dungeon. I'm at 1835 at this moment on Dylan and probably around a hundred for each of my other wizards. I know it's not a lot compared to some but I've never actively "farmed" Team Ups by simply going to a low level dungeon and wiping the floor with everything using a 4-Pip AoE on the first turn.

      How many Team Ups are you at now?

      Aside from using Team Ups for farming purposes, which dungeons do you help people the most?

      Is there anything about Team Ups you'd like to be improved?

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    2. #2
      sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,331
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      0
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      Yes, I am one of those wizards who farmed wizard city teamups to get the badge. Nowadays, however, the only time I do teamups is when I can't do a dungeon solo, or at least double box with wizards from my main and other account. In all of Novus, which I just recently completed, the only teamup I did was that final battle, and just to complete the questing. I don't farm for gear, there's usually something better in the next world. I may not have the best possible set of gear at any one time, but gear that's one or two worlds old is good enough for the current world. I did get some Aeon gear drops to replace some Karamelle/Lemuria gear. And I suspect that when I do Wallaru I'll get some drops that will replace some of my other current gear. The last time I actually farmed for gear was when I farmed for alchemical reagents to craft Dragoon gear.

      I always have some grind to work on, so I don't do teamups out of boredom.

    3. #3
      WarWeaver's Avatar
      WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,268
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      0
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      993.00

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      I would like it if level locked players could use the join a team kiosk.


    4. #4
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
      Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      20,846
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      1
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      10,959.00

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I think Team Ups is essentially the boredom killer. It's something that I can always do when I'm online with nothing else to do and it is still somewhat helpful to those who sign up for Team Up in a dungeon. I'm at 1835 at this moment on Dylan and probably around a hundred for each of my other wizards. I know it's not a lot compared to some but I've never actively "farmed" Team Ups by simply going to a low level dungeon and wiping the floor with everything using a 4-Pip AoE on the first turn.

      How many Team Ups are you at now?

      Aside from using Team Ups for farming purposes, which dungeons do you help people the most?

      Is there anything about Team Ups you'd like to be improved?
      I do Team Ups mostly when required for Scroll of Fortune points. My main suggestion for improving them would be to add some sort of indicator as to which Wizard started at the sigil. Every now and then, the high level helpers will run in and finish the battle before the poor guy wakes up and joins. I'd suggest that perhaps we be forced to pass if the sigil user wasn't in the battle circle, but I know others wouldn't go for that. I dislike when a high level Wizard will run in and use their first turn kill hit before the little guy even gets to cast a spell and get a few xp.

      When I do join a Team, I usually choose the longest timer bar, unless the Wizard has chosen to look for a team of 3 or 4. I don't want to be the 2nd person in that case. If someone already has 3, then I'll join as 4th. Choosing the longest wait often results in having the Wizard cancel the Team Up, but at least it gets cleared off the Kiosk.

      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    5. #5
      Torpzun26's Avatar
      Torpzun26 is offline Adept Wizard

      • Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
      Status: World first AZ Raid win!
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      963
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      0
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      256.50

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      Usually just for the sake of event points. But if there's a battle that I genuinely enjoy, I will sometimes do team-ups for it if I see them around. Unfortunately at the moment that tends to only boil down to the Atavus fight and the old version of Medulla that we can't fight anymore. It also helps if that dungeon has a recurring item that I can't ever get enough of, like Darkmoor used to be with Gold Keys. I think that the event points and badges are a step in the right direction, but I think team ups need to be a bit more rewarding for you helping out.

    6. #6
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
      Dylan Windwalker is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      6,254
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      5
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      20,962.50

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      My most recurring team up has to be Tartarus because of the Amulet of Divine Influence (still the game's most rare boss drop). A lot of other bored maxes are also on this bandwagon, so that cuts off a lot of work obliterating everything.

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    7. #7
      KingNothing's Avatar
      KingNothing is offline Legendary Wizard

      • KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Ravenblood
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Cryptclops
      Status: Annoyed
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      3,920
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      0
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      830.00

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      Last I checked it was around 1200 or so. Probably a little higher today. Probably should be using it more to get to 2000. Another badge and access to an apartment, I believe.

      I use it when farming a new world. I also use it when required - weekly events, scroll, etc.

      For what I use it for it works fine. I probably wouldn't mess with it much more just because it's likely to go sideways with glitches and bugs. Leave well enough alone.
      "Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale." -Brennan Huff

    8. #8
      Hollywood's Avatar
      Hollywood is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Hollywood's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Thomas
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
      Status: Still here
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      3,579
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      3
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      4,569.70
      Blog Entries
      10

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      I'm at around 1200 on storm wiz and 300-ish on death.

      I tend to do team-ups in worlds that I like the best, like GH. Yea I'm grossly overpowered for that world, but that it's one of my faves. I also like Avalon and Azteca. However I'll also scroll through the later, harder worlds, and try to help people who appear to have been waiting there a while (judging by that green line).

      It'd be nice if you could see the level of the people who join. Most places you don't need two or three 160s, so I'd rather cancel and join another one instead of wasting time in a battle doing nothing.

      Avi by Jezzelie
      Sig by Expelliarmus


    9. #9
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
      Dylan Windwalker is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      6,254
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      5
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      20,962.50

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I do Team Ups mostly when required for Scroll of Fortune points. My main suggestion for improving them would be to add some sort of indicator as to which Wizard started at the sigil. Every now and then, the high level helpers will run in and finish the battle before the poor guy wakes up and joins. I'd suggest that perhaps we be forced to pass if the sigil user wasn't in the battle circle, but I know others wouldn't go for that. I dislike when a high level Wizard will run in and use their first turn kill hit before the little guy even gets to cast a spell and get a few xp.

      When I do join a Team, I usually choose the longest timer bar, unless the Wizard has chosen to look for a team of 3 or 4. I don't want to be the 2nd person in that case. If someone already has 3, then I'll join as 4th. Choosing the longest wait often results in having the Wizard cancel the Team Up, but at least it gets cleared off the Kiosk.

      I'm really spooked whenever that happens. Like when the person that started the team up doesn't join the battle for a long time and it extends the battle so much that even the helpers have to resort to killing. If their Main Quest or Side Quest coincides with the Dungeon Exclusive Quest, then sure the Dungeon Quest is completed but their Main or Side Quest is not. Since bosses often do not respawn, this person has to do the entire Dungeon all over again or wait until people are interested in helping at all (concerning the more obscure dungeons). Imagine that happened in a long Dungeon like Kensington Park or though certainly less likely, a near impossible Dungeon like the Abyss or Renegade Druid. I picked those two in particular because people dread those types of battles and it's rare people join them, meaning people are more likely to be afk while waiting

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    10. #10
      sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,331
      PvP Tournaments Joined
      0
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Let's talk about Team Ups?

      Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I'm really spooked whenever that happens. Like when the person that started the team up doesn't join the battle for a long time and it extends the battle so much that even the helpers have to resort to killing. If their Main Quest or Side Quest coincides with the Dungeon Exclusive Quest, then sure the Dungeon Quest is completed but their Main or Side Quest is not. Since bosses often do not respawn, this person has to do the entire Dungeon all over again or wait until people are interested in helping at all (concerning the more obscure dungeons). Imagine that happened in a long Dungeon like Kensington Park or though certainly less likely, a near impossible Dungeon like the Abyss or Renegade Druid. I picked those two in particular because people dread those types of battles and it's rare people join them, meaning people are more likely to be afk while waiting
      I have done teamups where the person who started the teamup waited for the battle to start, and then ran around the battle to go read the book (Book quest, I suppose). Then he left. So no one got credit for the teamup.

      And done teamups where someone killed the mobs before the person who started the teamup joined. I pointed out that he should give everyone a chance to join, or we might not get credit for the teamup. He was UNAWARE that he wouldn't get credit for the teamup if the person who started it wasn't present. His exact words: "No wonder my total isn't going up very fast. Is that something new?"

      And, by the way. the Abyss isn't really that hard to do even with just two wizards. After I tried it a few times, I dreaded it. But then I figured out a good strategy. It can get a little rough if the Abyss casts a storm giant at just the wrong time, but otherwise No Problemo.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-13-23 at 8:56:10 PM.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •