• Zombies
      Pegasus Unbound is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Talking Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Discussion

@Kokyota suggested that we start a class/discussion and I thought it was a great idea. During the course of this event, you can use this thread to post questions and start discussions so that the event thread by @AluraMist isn't overloaded (Thank you @AluraMist for all you do!).

The next event will start on Tuesday and be the Monster Mayhem version. Mayhem is a PVE version where the Human Teamwork factor is vital...this is not the game to try to play "solo".

To cover the basics:

• Each game has 3 parts, called Waves. The more Waves you complete, the better the rewards for everyone.
      • Each Wave has 2 parts: Part 1 is 3 sets of monsters that must be defeated BEFORE part 2 begins which is the Spiral Fight
      • Each Wave has a timer (It is located at the middle top of the screen)...if the timer runs out the ENTIRE team loses so being fast to pick you cards or pass is vital (Never wait for the timer, if you don't have a spell, discard the junk and pass fast) ALSO get to fights ASAP. When you finish your battle, look at the map on the top right of your screen to see who needs help and help them. The sooner you help, the sooner it's finished and the sooner Team can start the final battle in the Spiral. Side note;; Yes, there are a couple ways to get a little extra time on each Wave, let the others focus/deal with that for now and they will explain in the game itself; but I will say this, the sooner you complete a wave, the EXTRA time you did not use will carryover to the next Wave!!!
      • The number 1 tool the team has is COMMUNICATION! The better the communication the better the odds of winning.

There are as many strategies to win the game as there are people who play it. No one single strategy is better than another until you face an actual situation in the game...that is where experience comes in; but don't be fooled by anybodies experience, sometimes a "fresh set of eyes" will see something older eyes have missed or not thought of. Anybody who thinks they know everything sadly, know very little, that is why clear and open communication is so important.

I do have a short list of "good ideas" based on "random" teams. These are not really aimed at more experienced teams that are a preformed group.

Keep in mind there are 3 Waves; each Wave gets more difficult.

Since the Team has 6 players I suggest for part 1 of each Wave:

• Wave 1 = 3 Teams of 2 people vs each set of 2 monsters (2v2)
      • Wave 2 and 3 = 2 Teams of 3 people vs each set of 2 monsters (3v3). The first team to finish should go directly to the last set of monsters and get started ASAP.
      • When the Spiral Fight begins, there should always be 4 people to fight in the spiral
      • With 4 people in the Spiral fight, that leaves 2people to do a very special job doing outside fights (OS). It is best to let more experienced players do these jobs until you are comfortable with you form.
      • About the OS fights: When the Spiral fight begins, 4 monster battles appear outside of the spiral. Depending on which fight you win, it send helpful extra spells to the Spiral team. Sometimes it is an attack spell, but the most helpful are really nice blade and shield spells that gives each member of the Spiral Team Blades to finish the Spiral fight. IF you are doing the OS fights, team up so that you can defeat the monster(s) faster and get the Spiral Team that spell all the sooner. Some payers who have a lot of experience AND higher Tier forms can solo OS on the first Wave, but in general, set aside the ego/pride and work as a team for the team

These are the "Basics" but they give you the things you need to get started. We have some incredible Beastmoon players here in Central, so please ask questions, discuss games you had, make suggestions, etc.

There is one last very important thing: HAVE FUN!!! Don't let any toxic player ever ruin your fun. Just put them on ignore and forget they exist.

If you want to form a "beginners" team or help create a beginners team to help others learn, this is the place to let us all know. If you want to meet up in game as a large group to discuss it, you are all welcome to my house in the game. I have 4 Wizards that I play Beastmoon on;

Nathan Lifefriend, Nathan Frostfriend, Nathan Balancefriend, Nathan Deathfriend

If you see me, please say hi!

Beastly hugs,

Van
      Last edited by AluraMist; 10-16-23 at 7:55:35 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in thread title.

Kokyota is offline Magus Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Discussion

This is great! I'm off to Study Hall!

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Wink Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kokyota View Post
      This is great! I'm off to Study Hall!
      LOL, Beastmoon 101 Study Hall?? Maybe it looks something like this...

Let the Mayhem and rebellion against toxic players begin Hugs,

Van
      Last edited by Pegasus Unbound; 10-16-23 at 11:17:35 PM.

Kokyota is offline Magus Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

@Pegasus Unbound

Thanks Van, it's going to be fun to learn and discuss Beastmoon on this thread.

My first beginner/novice question is…

You know when you enter the Beastmoon Hall and you have to select a Beastform - well everything moves so fast and I’m always left with the inferior Beastform and I’m always the last one to teleport into the battle. Yeah, I’m “that” wizard.

Question: Is it that important to “rush” in and get the “best” Beastform? Does it really matter?
      I’m thinking to just go in and select the inferior Beastform as I doubt I will ever be fast enough to get the “best” Beastform.

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eurydice ShadowSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

@Pegasus Unbound
      Question: Is it that important to “rush” in and get the “best” Beastform? Does it really matter?
      I’m thinking to just go in and select the inferior Beastform as I doubt I will ever be fast enough to get the “best” Beastform.
      As long as your form is good enough at dealing damage (which is important for Mayhem), you'll probably do well. I usually wait a couple of seconds for people to choose their forms before I get mine (though I still make sure to try and grab a form I actually use often)

When you play longer, it's good to unlock and Tier up other idols so you can more than one to choose from if they all get stolen.

...Of course, I've been unlucky at times and lose all my upgraded forms anyway :'D
      PlayerN has left

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Red face Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Discussion

@Pegasus Unbound

Thanks Van, it's going to be fun to learn and discuss Beastmoon on this thread.

My first beginner/novice question is…

You know when you enter the Beastmoon Hall and you have to select a Beastform - well everything moves so fast and I’m always left with the inferior Beastform and I’m always the last one to teleport into the battle. Yeah, I’m “that” wizard.

That is a great question!

Keep in mind there are 2 different Beastmoon events.

In the Hunt, your enemy is the other team of live players. There is not timer per se (except the one that goes on and on until one team reaches 100 points or just ends the game with the winner being the one with the most points), so taking your time is more of a luxury you can enjoy. Naturally, the sooner your out on the field, the sooner you can help the team again the other team.

In Monster Mayhem you have an entirely different situation. While your team is fighting a bunch of computer monsters, there IS a timer! Actually 2 timers!! The first one is in the Hall you mentioned where it counts down the time to pick a form. When that timer ends, the official game timer begins (Dun dun dun). In each game, there are 3 Waves and each Wave MUST be finished before the timer (It will be in the middle at the top of your screen) runs out or everyone looses. So picking a form before the Hall timer runs out means you can be out on the field faster and save time out there. Does it really matter? well to be honest I have lost many, MANY games by just 1 second or even less; so yep, it can matter. This is where having a team-up can help since we all discuss and know who is new and can agree on what form each person wants before the game even begins.

Is there a solution to this problem? Yes and no, LOL.

Short term, take a little time to look at the different forms and their spells at the upgrade station BEFORE starting a game. The idea is to at least get a little familiar with the forms, such as which one are hitters, or support etc. This will help you in the Hall a bit, but it is always "first come first served" if your not in a pre -formed group, so you may end up with something you are not happy with, but you may also be surprised that the form is actually a fun one for you.

Long term: Now this admittedly takes some time and "work" and is a matter of opinion but I like to be safe and have back ups. As you try different forms, make a list of the ones you like best and use that as the key to unlock your safety net. Some people think you have to be max Level/Tier to be good, but I have found that is wrong; IMO experience and the ability to understand your form can overcome any Level/Tier (I have seen people with Level/Tier 1 forms "destroy" the abilities of others with higher stats. Once you find the form you like the most, focus your attention on unlocking that form and getting it to Tier 2 (Remember, Tiers are permanent and Levels are not. In the meantime unlock any forms that you can). Once it is at Tier 2, focus on your next favorite, then your third, etc. Once you have 3 or 4 at Tier 2, then go back to your favorite and raise it to Tier 3 and then the same for the others.

This method does take time, but it gives you back-up forms when needed. On my main Wizard (I play with 4 Wizards), it took some time but I have at least 1 Tier 4 version of each form and on 6 I have Tier 5. No matter what happens, I always have one to use. I am now working to bring the last of my Tier 4 form to Tier 5, then I will take my time to work on the rest.

Now you know why I am always saying that if you're a new player, ask for a Team Up here at Central so this very issue can be worked out before even entering a game.

I hope this helps.

Hugs,

Van

numbly1980 is offline Adept Wizard

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

if you have 6 that's fine but if you only 5 players that does change things a little bit strategy wise.

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Joined
      PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Red face Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by numbly1980 View Post
      if you have 6 that's fine but if you only 5 players that does change things a little bit strategy wise.
      This is very true. In both events, I recommend you always be ready to change your "strategy". In both events, I have won with 5 or even 4 players...so anything is possible if you stay calm and just focus on doing what you can instead of what you can't. This where my favorite Beastmoon saying really applies; "Adapt and adjust".

Experience in Beastmoon is like the proverbial snowball rolling down the hill. At first the accumulation of snow to make it bigger is minimal, but the more it rolls, the faster it builds up. There is only 1 100% sure way to lose the game...and that is to quit, so just keep fighting to the end and build as much experience and points as is possible.

Hugs,

Van