Friendly Players and "Current Quest" Issue - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite

• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
        Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Friendly Players and "Current Quest" Issue

Occasionally, my Level 154 Life Wizard will get requests from players to help them in higher level worlds. These players just say "can you help me with a dungeon?" so I look at the Friendly Players list to go to teleport, but the quest for that name shows things like "Grizzleheim" or even "Stop That Cat!" -- which I don't know how a Level 160 Wizard could have that as their current quest and be questing in Karamelle? (It's the Marleybone quest to chase Meowiarty through Newgate Prison.)

Is this a bug, or just the programming automatically indicating a Storyline Quest rather than a current side quest that they are completing? It's difficult to plan for helping someone without knowing if they may be facing a cheating boss or just a couple of mobs.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 1-24-23 at 10:51:41 AM.
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Friendly Players and "Current Quest" Issue

Talking about Friendly Players, I'm sometimes encountering a different problem. It's almost always the case that whenever I'm asked to help a stranger with a quest, they always don't have Friendly Players on themselves and I cannot port to them. They cannot turn on the Friendly Players option while in battle so I cannot help them unless they flee and return, which slows things a lot if they already had a significant portion of that battle done while asking for help (they just need an extra push). If it was possible to turn on Friendly Players while in battle, this would significantly make things faster. It's usually me with the friendly player option on (in every single one of my wizards) but it has to go both ways and that's not always apparent when they ask for help. Not to mention, some players don't even know where the Friendly Players turn-on button is in the first place (which even as obvious as it is to me, they never got an introduction to the Friendly Players system in the first place because there is no tutorial for it in-game).

I don't usually look at what quest the player is on when they do have the Friendly Players option on as I'm going to port regardless and I have a single deck for everything (and I care less about cheats as I should be because I'm that strong that this doesn't really risk how well I can help them). Maybe this quest problem is simply a loading problem since it has to formulate this quest change in real time with a list of every (main?) quest in the game and identify which quest that player is on, it's easy to believe there would be some sort of bug within this auto-generated blender of a system and there's no shame in finding one there!

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Talking about Friendly Players, I'm sometimes encountering a different problem. It's almost always the case that whenever I'm asked to help a stranger with a quest, they always don't have Friendly Players on themselves and I cannot port to them. They cannot turn on the Friendly Players option while in battle so I cannot help them unless they flee and return, which slows things a lot if they already had a significant portion of that battle done while asking for help (they just need an extra push). If it was possible to turn on Friendly Players while in battle, this would significantly make things faster. It's usually me with the friendly player option on (in every single one of my wizards) but it has to go both ways and that's not always apparent when they ask for help. Not to mention, some players don't even know where the Friendly Players turn-on button is in the first place (which even as obvious as it is to me, they never got an introduction to the Friendly Players system in the first place because there is no tutorial for it in-game).

I don't usually look at what quest the player is on when they do have the Friendly Players option on as I'm going to port regardless and I have a single deck for everything (and I care less about cheats as I should be because I'm that strong that this doesn't really risk how well I can help them). Maybe this quest problem is simply a loading problem since it has to formulate this quest change in real time with a list of every (main?) quest in the game and identify which quest that player is on, it's easy to believe there would be some sort of bug within this auto-generated blender of a system and there's no shame in finding one there!
      I think I must have read about Friendly Players in the Update Notes way back when and forgot about the details. Not all players read through entire pages of Update Notes, and those who do don't always commit details to memory. Even if there was such a Friendly Players Tutorial in the game, there is no telling that players would retain the information world after world after world -- especially if they are in the habit of skipping dialogue.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

• AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I think I must have read about Friendly Players in the Update Notes way back when and forgot about the details. Not all players read through entire pages of Update Notes, and those who do don't always commit details to memory. Even if there was such a Friendly Players Tutorial in the game, there is no telling that players would retain the information world after world after world -- especially if they are in the habit of skipping dialogue.

I agree. Sometimes I forget what was in the Update Notes too. For the "Friendly Players" options, it is quite easy to follow.

There is an icon in the upper right corner of the Wizard's screen. Clicking on that opens the "Friendly Player" Menu, with a few different tabs, including "instructions" on the Help tab (a question mark). Attached a few ingame screenshots, just for reference.

After signing up as a "Friendly Player", the Wizard's name has a display with two smiley faces, to let other Wizards know.

Hope that helps.

AluraMist

Name:  Friendly Players Icon near name.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  440.4 KB

Name:  Friendly Players, Menu.jpg
Size:  244.2 KB

Name:  Friendly Players, OK.jpg
Size:  209.3 KB
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.