Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite
   
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,126
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      608
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      I know that when the daily activity is to defeat a certain type of creature in a certain area, you have to defeat it in that specific area or it doesn't count.

      So today I went to Grizzleheim/Vestrilund and defeated the Coven Gloomwing that was Halfang Bristlecrown's minion. In Vestrilund. And it didn't count towards the Daily Activity. I had to defeat one of the wandering Coven Gloomwings outside Ormund the Surly's House to complete the Daily Activity.

      Why didn't the first one count? It was a Coven Gloomwing, and it was in Vestrilund!

    2. #2
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      19,553
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      23262
      Thanks (Received)
      30527
      Gold
      10,989.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      It's not like defeating creatures for quest goals. I think for Daily Assignments it's more strict as to location. The dungeon isn't considered to be "Vestrilund."

      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    3. #3
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,126
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      608
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      It's not like defeating creatures for quest goals. I think for Daily Assignments it's more strict as to location. The dungeon isn't considered to be "Vestrilund."

      You're probably right, but...Why isn't it? It's "in Vestrilund," which is all the task specifies. I'm tired of being told something ("In Vestrilund") that isn't really accurate. Just like:

      When it actually runs through Nov 29 11:30 AM (EST). I complained about this a long time ago, and KI's response was that it was too much of a hassle saying it ran through the Tuesday because then people would want to ask "What time Tuesday?" So they decided to just say it ran through the Monday, even though that wasn't correct. People don't even bother complaining about little things like this, because they know they'll just be ignored if they do. And when people stop complaining about the little things like this, they're just letting KI get away with putting out a shoddy product.

    4. #4
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      19,553
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      23262
      Thanks (Received)
      30527
      Gold
      10,989.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      You're probably right, but...Why isn't it? It's "in Vestrilund," which is all the task specifies. I'm tired of being told something ("In Vestrilund") that isn't really accurate. Just like:

      When it actually runs through Nov 29 11:30 AM (EST). I complained about this a long time ago, and KI's response was that it was too much of a hassle saying it ran through the Tuesday because then people would want to ask "What time Tuesday?" So they decided to just say it ran through the Monday, even though that wasn't correct. People don't even bother complaining about little things like this, because they know they'll just be ignored if they do. And when people stop complaining about the little things like this, they're just letting KI get away with putting out a shoddy product.
      Well the only answer I have for you is "because it's programmed that way." I have to agree that specifying a time for anything IS a big hassle because most of us don't know whether times are adjusted for zones, or what our zones mean to add or subtract, etc, etc... Long term players know that most of this stuff isn't an exact science, and it changes when whoever it is at Kingsisle gets to work, has their coffee and flips whatever switch does the "magic." Newer players will just have to learn the quirks of these things.

      In the past year or so, I've decided not to sweat this "small stuff" and save myself a couple of blood pressure points. We've got enough real life stressors to deal with, so the game is what it is at this point. If Kingsisle is putting out a shoddy product these days, they're not alone, and complaining can so often fall on deaf ears. In the end we don't own any of it no matter what we've paid in over the years, and on the other hand, we're free to walk away.

      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    5. #5
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,126
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      608
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Well the only answer I have for you is "because it's programmed that way." I have to agree that specifying a time for anything IS a big hassle because most of us don't know whether times are adjusted for zones, or what our zones mean to add or subtract, etc, etc... Long term players know that most of this stuff isn't an exact science, and it changes when whoever it is at Kingsisle gets to work, has their coffee and flips whatever switch does the "magic." Newer players will just have to learn the quirks of these things.

      In the past year or so, I've decided not to sweat this "small stuff" and save myself a couple of blood pressure points. We've got enough real life stressors to deal with, so the game is what it is at this point. If Kingsisle is putting out a shoddy product these days, they're not alone, and complaining can so often fall on deaf ears. In the end we don't own any of it no matter what we've paid in over the years, and on the other hand, we're free to walk away.

      Since when is the truth too big of a hassle? Just say it like I did: Nov 29th 11:30 AM (EST). Or even 10:30 AM (CST) if they want. Let it be on the players to know how to adjust for a different time zone. That would be a quirk. Deliberately putting out incorrect information is not a "quirk."

      All I'm saying is that if players don't sweat the small, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the players don't sweat it, then KI knows that they don't have to sweat it, either. They will put a product that is "good enough." And I'm not going to settle for "good enough" any more. Go ahead and keep on playing, if "good enough" is good enough for you. Going back to Cali, I don't think so. I AM walking away from Novus.

      Edit: Besides, what time the event ends in your local time zone should be a no-brainer. They all end at the same time, so anyone who has done an event should know. And even if they forget, there is a hour-by-hour countdown of the last 24 hours of an event. That doesn't excuse putting the wrong DAY as the end of the event.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-28-22 at 7:44:55 AM.

    6. #6
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

      • AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      7,926
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      18972
      Thanks (Received)
      17999
      Gold
      395.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I know that when the daily activity is to defeat a certain type of creature in a certain area, you have to defeat it in that specific area or it doesn't count.

      So today I went to Grizzleheim/Vestrilund and defeated the Coven Gloomwing that was Halfang Bristlecrown's minion. In Vestrilund. And it didn't count towards the Daily Activity. I had to defeat one of the wandering Coven Gloomwings outside Ormund the Surly's House to complete the Daily Activity.

      Why didn't the first one count? It was a Coven Gloomwing, and it was in Vestrilund!
      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      It's not like defeating creatures for quest goals. I think for Daily Assignments it's more strict as to location. The dungeon isn't considered to be "Vestrilund."

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      You're probably right, but...Why isn't it? It's "in Vestrilund," which is all the task specifies. I'm tired of being told something ("In Vestrilund") that isn't really accurate. ...

      Just like:

      When it actually runs through Nov 29 11:30 AM (EST). ...
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Since when is the truth too big of a hassle? Just say it like I did: Nov 29th 11:30 AM (EST). Or even 10:30 AM (CST) if they want. Let it be on the players to know how to adjust for a different time zone. ...
      I had to think about this one for a bit. Willow touched on my train of thought too.

      I think that you basically answered your own question in the beginning of Post #1.
      The Assignment calls for 'defeating a Coven Gloomwing in Vestrilund'.

      On this Location page for Vestrilund, it shows the "Creatures" in that area. And Coven Gloomwing is listed.

      It also shows "Places of Interest" or sub-locations, and it shows Halfang's Cave.

      So you chose to go to the sub-location for the Assignment.

      The Assignment was very clear ... "defeating a Coven Gloomwing in Vestrilund." It did not say "defeat a Coven Gloomwing in Halfang's Cave...".

      On one hand you are asking KI for clarity, and on the other hand you are telling them something else.
      You didn't go to the Location, Vestrilund. You went to the sub-Location, Halfang's Cave. Just my thoughts, and how I see it.

      AluraMist
      Last edited by AluraMist; 11-27-22 at 11:38:00 PM. Reason: Typo.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    7. #7
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,126
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      608
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      No offense, but a sublocation is still in Vestrlund. I thought it kind of strange, because I don't think I ever had to enter a dungeon to do a daily activity before. But it is what it is, and what it is, is "in Vestrilund."

      Yes, you and @Willowdreamer are correct, "it's just the way it was programmed." But that just proves my point - explaining HOW something happened doesn't justify it happening in the first place, and is just Monday morning quarterbacking. It was programmed incorrectly if it didn't match exactly what the stated condition was, and we just have to live with it because no one wants to sweat the small stuff.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-28-22 at 9:07:02 AM.

    8. #8
      Jonathan Greenflame's Avatar
        Jonathan Greenflame is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Confused
       
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Posts
      2,255
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3495
      Thanks (Received)
      3306
      Gold
      1,165.14

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Hey, it's kinda like when you were a kid and your mom told you to do something and you asked "why" and her response was, "because I said so".

    9. #9
      Flash33's Avatar
        Flash33 is offline Exalted

      • Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Bandit
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Serpent
      Status: Let's be mischievous.
       
      Mood:
      Musical
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      11,229
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2728
      Thanks (Received)
      11099
      Gold
      10,847.60
      Blog Entries
      104

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      No offense, but a sublocation is still in Vestrlund. I thought it kind of strange, because I don't think I ever had to enter a dungeon to do a daily activity before. But it is what it is, and what it is, is "in Vestrilund."

      Unless I'm mistaken there's never been a DA that requires you to go inside an instance, even for the simple "visit" ones, and if there has been it would've specified which one to go to.

      Yes, you and @Willowdreamer are correct, "it's just the way it was programmed." But that just proves my point - explaining HOW something happened doesn't justify it happening in the first place, and is just Monday morning quarterbacking. It was programmed incorrectly if it didn't match exactly what the stated condition was, and we just have to live with it because no one wants to sweat the small stuff.

      I won't deny the DA programming can be wonky at times when it comes to registering location hits, and I agree that it should be looked at & fixed so issues like that don't happen. That said, if you choose to make it more complicated than it needs to be then you really have no one to blame but yourself if it fails to register a hit.
      Comments in bold.
      Last edited by Flash33; 11-28-22 at 12:31:36 PM.

    10. #10
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,126
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      608
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Daily Activity Coven Gloomwing

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Comments in bold.
      We can go back and forth on this all day, beating a dead horse. So I'll just say this one last thing: I'm not the one making this more complicated than it needs to be. The person who decided that these count but those don't, even though both meet the criteria, is that person. If I am in something that is in Vestrilund, then I am in Vestrilund. It's that simple.

      I'm just one of "The ones who walk away from Omelas."

      Edit: I had reported this as a bug. I finally got a response. They have "referred it to their testing team for further research."
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-29-22 at 7:40:03 AM.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •