"What a Feeling", Farewell Irene - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite
   
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is online now Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,343
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      11461
      Thanks (Received)
      6396
      Gold
      1,661.30

      Unhappy "What a Feeling", Farewell Irene

      I know that this isn't really about W101 and such, but I do know that for many of us older members of Central, this is important news.

      I was just sitting and watching the World Cup Soccer when I found this announcement from Judith Moose, the Publicist for Irene Cara who recorded very special song like "Fame" and "What a Feeling"

      "This is the absolute worst part of being a publicist. I can't believe I've had to write this, let alone release the news. Please share your thoughts and memories of Irene. I'll be reading each and every one of them and know she'll be smiling from Heaven. She adored her fans. - JM"

      She passed early Saturday morning at the age of 63. No cause has been given yet.

      One of my favorite movies when I was much younger was "Fame" and her songs in that movie still resonate in my mind. Thank you for the memories and smiles.


      "Fame" from Fame:



      "What a Feeling" from Flashdance:



      Such a beautiful and talented person has left us, but her magic will always be with us.

      RIP Irene Cara
      Last edited by Pegasus Unbound; 11-26-22 at 2:09:39 PM.


    2. #2
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

      • AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      7,925
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      18970
      Thanks (Received)
      17995
      Gold
      395.00

      Re: "What a Feeling", Farewell Irene

      First, it's fine posting something like this in the Off-Topic Forum.
      Actually, the Off-Topic Forum is for "Not Wizard101 related" posts.

      And I saw this on the news earlier too. So sad.

      Thanks for posting.

      AluraMist

      Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Unbound View Post
      I know that this isn't really about W101 and such, but I do know that for many of us older members of Central, this is important news.

      I was just sitting and watching the World Cup Soccer when I found this announcement from Judith Moose, the Publicist for Irene Cara who recorded very special song like "Fame" and "What a Feeling"

      "This is the absolute worst part of being a publicist. I can't believe I've had to write this, let alone release the news. Please share your thoughts and memories of Irene. I'll be reading each and every one of them and know she'll be smiling from Heaven. She adored her fans. - JM"

      She passed early Saturday morning at the age of 63. No cause has been given yet.

      One of my favorite movies when I was much younger was "Fame" and her songs in that movie still resonate in my mind. Thank you for the memories and smiles.


      "Fame" from Fame:



      "What a Feeling" from Flashdance:



      Such a beautiful and talented person has left us, but her magic will always be with us.

      RIP Irene Cara
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    3. #3
      Oxnhorse's Avatar
        Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

      • Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor
      Status: I'm back in the game now
       
      Mood:
      Sporty
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      1,228
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2837
      Thanks (Received)
      775
      Gold
      392.38
      Blog Entries
      6

      Re: "What a Feeling", Farewell Irene

      @Pegasus Unbound,

      Was she the woman that did the video for Flashsdance by the title OH WHAT A FEELING?

      I loved watching her video.

      Oxnhorse

    4. #4
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is online now Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,343
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      11461
      Thanks (Received)
      6396
      Gold
      1,661.30

      Re: "What a Feeling", Farewell Irene

      Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      @Pegasus Unbound,

      Was she the woman that did the video for Flashsdance by the title OH WHAT A FEELING?

      I loved watching her video.

      Oxnhorse
      If I remember correctly, there were 3 main music videos for What a Feeling. There was the Movie promo from Flash Dance that features the actress from the movie with Irene singing, then there is a video of Irene singing the song (Almost like a concert video), finally there was another video with Irene singing the song AND recreating some of the scenes from the movie. Of course, there are so many videos from concerts, etc. that you really couldn't keep count.

      As far as Fame, she not only did a large part of the music, but she was also a vital character in the movie.


    5. #5
      Oxnhorse's Avatar
        Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

      • Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor
      Status: I'm back in the game now
       
      Mood:
      Sporty
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      1,228
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2837
      Thanks (Received)
      775
      Gold
      392.38
      Blog Entries
      6

      Re: "What a Feeling", Farewell Irene

      Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Unbound View Post
      If I remember correctly, there were 3 main music videos for What a Feeling. There was the Movie promo from Flash Dance that features the actress from the movie with Irene singing, then there is a video of Irene singing the song (Almost like a concert video), finally there was another video with Irene singing the song AND recreating some of the scenes from the movie. Of course, there are so many videos from concerts, etc. that you really couldn't keep count.

      As far as Fame, she not only did a large part of the music, but she was also a vital character in the movie.
      I remember her doing SOLID GOLD gigs on a weekly or monthly basis. It was an awesome song to sing.

      Oxnhorse

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •