bluedreamer is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Crafting housing items in Novus

With Novus just around the corner being in test realm, usually coming out before Halloween. I thought I would make a plea to the game developers to not make such ridiculous crafting recipes for housing items in the new world. The last few worlds recipes just make them more hassle than they are worth. I've been crafting originally gear, spells, fish tanks and teleport tapestries since my early days in the game. I've done my fair share of collecting reagents sitting around the spiral, or gardening for more rare ones. However, I find having to do dungeons to get rare reagents, for example, Flying Squid Ink, toffee beans etc in such large numbers as well a step too far. Maybe it would be worth it for something ultra-cool like a reusable gauntlet. However, the items are not even that special. Please surprise me and my friend.

Let's make crafting fun again!

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Crafting housing items in Novus

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      With Novus just around the corner being in test realm, usually coming out before Halloween. I thought I would make a plea to the game developers to not make such ridiculous crafting recipes for housing items in the new world. The last few worlds recipes just make them more hassle than they are worth. I've been crafting originally gear, spells, fish tanks and teleport tapestries since my early days in the game. I've done my fair share of collecting reagents sitting around the spiral, or gardening for more rare ones. However, I find having to do dungeons to get rare reagents, for example, Flying Squid Ink, toffee beans etc in such large numbers as well a step too far. Maybe it would be worth it for something ultra-cool like a reusable gauntlet. However, the items are not even that special. Please surprise me and my friend.

Let's make crafting fun again!
      I have to agree. Things have changed a lot with Crafting in higher level worlds, and not in a good way. Somehow, someone got the idea that even simple housing items needed to be super-difficult to make and that reagents be giant headaches to acquire.

Early Crafting also needs to be updated to make the gear more relevant and useful. Too many players see no use in making anything until they reach Wintertusk. With all of the new FTUE quests that have been added, Wizards arrive quite over-leveled when they meet a Crafting recipe vendor in Krokotopia, so there is no value in those items.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I couldn't agree more. Finding crafting one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game when I began; since these last few worlds, it's turned well away from being fun. It's more like making a 10 mile trek through waist deep mud. I even crafted two of my houses and those weren't near the hassle of trying to craft an Ice Cream Stand from Karamelle.

I often wonder if the person that creates these recipes has ever went to the bother of trying to make the item from the recipe. I more suppose they just throw some numbers and some reagents out there and say "OK thats good enough".
      Last edited by Jonathan Greenflame; 10-24-22 at 11:12:02 AM.

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Greenflame View Post
      I couldn't agree more. Finding crafting one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game when I began; since these last few worlds, it's turned well away from being fun. It's more like making a 10 mile trek through waist deep mud. I even crafted two of my houses and those weren't near the hassle of trying to craft an Ice Cream Stand from Karamelle.

I often wonder if the person that creates these recipes has ever went to the bother of trying to make the item from the recipe. I more suppose they just throw some numbers and some reagents out there and say "OK thats good enough".
      I think there was a point when some folks were claiming that Crafting was too easy. As you say, the newest recipes are written by someone who has never had to actually acquire Flying Squid Ink or Toffee Beans in quantity. For housing items, especially, it's hardly game-changing for us to craft these things.

They make it undesirable to craft one's gear as opposed to spending money buying packs or frustratingly endless farming of some cheating boss.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Crafting housing items isn't that much beneath them and honestly it's a possibility I would assume they're considering already. The problem though is how to craft them. There's no point in rising the call for housing items if they're impossible to craft in the first place because the ingredients to make them are impossible to acquire in the first place (or require a significant amount of crowns spending that it would be egregious to even think about). That's what happened with Empyrea and Karamelle (Karamelle more so), where the ingredients to craft a single item is unreasonably difficult to get and that's only considering ONE item. And for the majority of players who are seeking those items, they are likely wanting to craft MULTIPLE meaning the ingredients are multiplied to a point where it does seem impossible to achieve.

Yes, please make Housing Items both for crafting and elsewhere.

But also please make the recipes much much easier.

Hopefully THAT is something not too difficult to ask for.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I think there was a point when some folks were claiming that Crafting was too easy. As you say, the newest recipes are written by someone who has never had to actually acquire Flying Squid Ink or Toffee Beans in quantity. For housing items, especially, it's hardly game-changing for us to craft these things.

They make it undesirable to craft one's gear as opposed to spending money buying packs or frustratingly endless farming of some cheating boss.

I don't know. I'm of the opinion that not everything in this game has to be difficult or a hassle. I crafted Watchtower Hall and while not difficult, it was very time consuming, it took me about a month to gather all the reagents necessary. But, none of the items involved required having to slog my way through cheating bosses time and time and time again to get those reagents. I also felt a sense of accomplishment once it was done. The way it is now, just to craft a single sign requires 50 FSI. That wouldn't be an accomplishment, just an exercise in self torture LOL.

And as you say, crafting housing items would not be a game changer in any way.
      Last edited by Jonathan Greenflame; 10-24-22 at 12:57:02 PM.

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post

I honestly think that they were lying to us that genuine players were claiming crafting is too easy. It's true that longer term players who have been crafting for years, have a greater access to general reagents. However I would say that's down to perseverance or an attitude to spend the time collecting the reagents or gardening. We learned early on to collect everything and sell nothing.

I completely agree about how they have made crafting your gear undesirable. I used to craft all my hats, robes and boots. That is until Ultra hard recipes became a thing. Crafting used to be a viable option for those who didn't want to farm dungeons. Now you have to farm dungeons to craft gear. That's not an alternative.

I don't know. I'm of the opinion that not everything in this game has to be difficult or a hassle. I crafted Watchtower Hall and while not difficult, it was very time consuming, it took me about a month to gather all the reagents necessary. But, none of the items involved required having to slog my way through cheating bosses time and time and time again to get those reagents. I also felt a sense of accomplishment once it was done. The way it is now, just to craft a single sign requires 50 FSI. That wouldn't be an accomplishment, just an exercise in self torture LOL.

And as you say, crafting housing items would not be a game changer in any way.
      Exactly! I also crafted the watchtower hall and it is very satisfying.

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I'm always looking for the best all around gear and such, and as long as it isn't PVP, I'm in.

And to be honest the crafted fire hat from Sardonyx is way better that from Mali. After I cleared Sardonyx, I used my Ice to craft the gear for my other 5 wizards and put it in my bank for them.

Too many people think running Darkmoor will earn them automatic gear so they don't have to craft; which ends up taking 3 hours in the Graveyard. And honestly, I've said as much to people refusing to give up Dragonspyre or Water Works gear.

I've run it several times, but I digress... I only craft stuff that is beneficial to me or my pet to advance. Pity how Empyrea was the last crafting badge.

I'm not all that good at fishing, so crafting the tapestries is not my thing, unless it doesn't require fish.

Oxnhorse

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      I'm not all that good at fishing, so crafting the tapestries is not my thing, unless it doesn't require fish.

Oxnhorse
      I started out not liking fishing and doing it reluctantly so I could craft tapestries to the bazaar. I persevered and one by one my wizards got a brand-new tapestry, saving me lots of time on every trip to sell or buy. For me that slowly expanded to the tapestry to the hatchery, expanding my desire for more. I would say do your fishing quests, also catch fish from housing tours at all the various houses and level up. By level 6 you can buy what you need outside of fishing quests. Learn all of the spells at the very least up until Dragonspyre. Being able to winnow by school or rank helps tremendously. Also having the spell to refresh the pond when you need to find more.I would also recommend using the wiki to try and work out where the best place to fish is, whether for your quest or tapestries. Again housing tours is a godsend for fishing!
      Last edited by bluedreamer; 10-25-22 at 9:17:30 AM.

1234 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• 1234's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  TaraWillowBreeze(L)KeiraSilverStone(I)FionaDragonFlame(F)SabrinaShadowCaster(D)Samantha(B)Sierra(S)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

While weíre on the subject of crafting, how about some additional furniture recipes that would allow us to use the older reagents that many of us are overflowing with? I have so many collected over the years just from gardening, and now I have even more from the scout pets. Itís frustrating to not have additional uses for Braided Vine, for instance. There are only so many Seed Vaults we can use. And we canít even sell the excess reagents in the bazaar.

Iíve given up hope that higher crafting progress will ever be separated from world storyline quests. But hey, if those of us with lower badges canít craft those cute little booths from Karamelle, at least give us some new housing recipes for our level!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast