----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Deckathalon

I enjoy the deck events. I have made the top 10 in almost all the schools and I know I could possibly make the top 3....If I had the time. That is the issue with this event. It's challenging and you have to have the time to be on the computer for hour to do all the runs, to the point, it is unhealthy.

I have backed off from this event due to this reason. Also, for the reason that there are those, in the past who cheated their way to the top scores and as far as I know, there have been no action taken on these players for doing this. When in the past there have been players who have been ban for collecting and selling mushrooms.

I was warned that the Balance Deck Event is the hardest and it really is. I just find that the overuse of Spectral Blast and Mana Burn is a little too much and I do think that these two spells should be tone down just a little bit, especially in the floor 2 in the higher stages. I am not saying to get rid of them, but just a little less casting of them.

This event is just a side event and you can earn enough points just doing runs 1-4 to get your pet. If you have decks made from other deck events, use them and just add a balance resist jewel, especially for those who like to take it easy. However, this event is highly competitive and if you do want to make it to those top scores, get ready for long days on the computer.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      This event is just a side event and you can earn enough points just doing runs 1-4 to get your pet.
      If you run 1 through 3.1 on every credit, every day, you will get enough for the pet in 7 days. BUT, you do need to do it every day, not just collect credits and save them up for the weekend or you will miss out on the TC points. If something happens and you do miss out on some points, you would still have Tuesday morning to make those points up.

With a good deck, level 6 or higher, 1-3.1 can take 6-7 minutes or so.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 10-20-22 at 10:18:44 AM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      If you run 1 through 3.1 on every credit, every day, you will get enough for the pet in 7 days. BUT, you do need to do it every day, not just collect credits and save them up for the weekend or you will miss out on the TC points. If something happens and you do miss out on some points, you would still have Tuesday morning to make those points up.

With a good deck, level 6 or higher, 1-3.1 can take 6-7 minutes or so.
      It's as @Bailey Jade said - it's a matter of time. I don't seem to find the time needed to run every credit every day along with all of the other stuff I do in the game. Luckily, I got most of the pets during the earlier versions of the Deckathalons, which is also when I got most of my Level 4 deck recipes.

Like other adult players, I have a job, I have housework and family issues to deal with. I play other games (like Pirate101), and I mess around on Central instead of concentrating on the game. I apparently do not have the focus to hone my deck to perfection. I haven't hatched perfect pets for each Deckathalon. (Does anyone else carry around 3 pages of pets they mean to train up someday?)

I'm a casual player who just like getting the rewards from these Events, not necessarily top of the leader boards or the badges, so I appreciate the information shared by those who do just that much better than I do. When the stars align, I'll crack stage 4 someday.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Mana burn is the best spell you can hope for, using frozen armor first takes care of that. Yes, balance is the hardest, but why is havig a challenge an issue? Why must the entire game be blade, aoe? How is that even fun or rewarding?

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      Mana burn is the best spell you can hope for, using frozen armor first takes care of that. Yes, balance is the hardest, but why is havig a challenge an issue? Why must the entire game be blade, aoe? How is that even fun or rewarding?
      There is a difference between a REASONABLE challenge, and the monstrosity that is the Balance Deckathalon. It's not just a "little harder," it's several orders of magnitude harder. I am no longer interested in doing things that take not only a finely tuned deck with a carefully planned strategy, but require a perfect alignment of the stars and divine intervention for a huge amount of luck. I got that once, to complete stage 9 of the Balance Deckathalon. But between Spectral Blasts and Hydras (which a Balance deck has no built in resistance for) and Mana Burns (If you use one of the elemental decks, such as an Ice deck with Volcanic shields), that's what you need. And in a level 2 battle, when they kill you from full health on the second turn because they bladed each on the first turn and then both hit you with that Spectral Blast/Hydra on the second turn, that's beyond being just a "bad experience." No, I am not going to beat my head against that wall 20 times hoping that just once I get that kind of luck.

PS, I rarely use blades in a deckathalon. And trying to build up the necessary pips for a decent AOE in the Balance Deckathalon is an exercise in futility.

A virulent plague on the first or second turn before they mana burn does help, but what if you're not lucky enough (there's that word again) to pull it on your initial draw, or later on when you need it again?

Edit: I pulled up a screenshot from long ago:

There I am, with 5 wizards at #83 through #87. My 6th wizard was at #13, with a score of 1024. Those are the FINAL standings for that event. My, what scores it used to take to make the leaderboard.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 10-21-22 at 10:23:26 PM.

RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

• RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

As Storm Deckathalon wains in its final hours, I am left with a question for the community: what is the best way to farm for Superior Runes? I unlocked the reward for the runes pack on all 6 wizards, and got some superiors, but no Myth ones. What floor is best to farm in your experience, and how many of the floors? As far as I can tell, the superiors start dropping around the 6th floor. Is that accurate? What is your strategy?

Thanks

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RookieRecurve View Post
      As Storm Deckathalon wains in its final hours, I am left with a question for the community: what is the best way to farm for Superior Runes? I unlocked the reward for the runes pack on all 6 wizards, and got some superiors, but no Myth ones. What floor is best to farm in your experience, and how many of the floors? As far as I can tell, the superiors start dropping around the 6th floor. Is that accurate? What is your strategy?

Thanks
      Beastmoon will get you all the ruins but superior, having skipped decka for so long and spamming bm instead I was able to make all level 10 decks on my first run throughs

Other than that you can farm 1-4 on all your wiz fairly easily. I believe superiors do not start dropping till 6 maybe 5? I would farm 5-7 for those after you make all the decks that do not need them.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between a REASONABLE challenge, and the monstrosity that is the Balance Deckathalon. It's not just a "little harder," it's several orders of magnitude harder. I am no longer interested in doing things that take not only a finely tuned deck with a carefully planned strategy, but require a perfect alignment of the stars and divine intervention for a huge amount of luck. I got that once, to complete stage 9 of the Balance Deckathalon. But between Spectral Blasts and Hydras (which a Balance deck has no built in resistance for) and Mana Burns (If you use one of the elemental decks, such as an Ice deck with Volcanic shields), that's what you need. And in a level 2 battle, when they kill you from full health on the second turn because they bladed each on the first turn and then both hit you with that Spectral Blast/Hydra on the second turn, that's beyond being just a "bad experience." No, I am not going to beat my head against that wall 20 times hoping that just once I get that kind of luck.

PS, I rarely use blades in a deckathalon. And trying to build up the necessary pips for a decent AOE in the Balance Deckathalon is an exercise in futility.

A virulent plague on the first or second turn before they mana burn does help, but what if you're not lucky enough (there's that word again) to pull it on your initial draw, or later on when you need it again?

Edit: I pulled up a screenshot from long ago:

There I am, with 5 wizards at #83 through #87. My 6th wizard was at #13, with a score of 1024. Those are the FINAL standings for that event. My, what scores it used to take to make the leaderboard.
      I think you missed my comment, if you frozen armor first on all the double floors and they mana burn you take 0 damage, get a nice absorb and now the enemy has no pips.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I think you missed my comment, if you frozen armor first on all the double floors and they mana burn you take 0 damage, get a nice absorb and now the enemy has no pips.
      I saw your comment. But what if you're not LUCKY enough to draw an Ice Armor on your initial draw? Happens to me all the time. Virulent Plague also uses up all your starting pips, and puts a big weakness on them in case they use a Spectral Blast or something else instead of a Mana Burn.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I saw your comment. But what if you're not LUCKY enough to draw an Ice Armor on your initial draw? Happens to me all the time. Virulent Plague also uses up all your starting pips, and puts a big weakness on them in case they use a Spectral Blast or something else instead of a Mana Burn.
      I am at a loss as to what you actually want here. Deck building and management is really the heart of the deckathlon. If you fail you fail, its on you not KI. Everyone in the tower is subject to the same set of rules and the same rng.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I am at a loss as to what you actually want here. Deck building and management is really the heart of the deckathlon. If you fail you fail, its on you not KI. Everyone in the tower is subject to the same set of rules and the same rng.
      I think I've made my position very clear. Yes, it can be done. It's just not worth it anymore. To quote Pink Floyd, "And when they've given you their all, Some stagger and fall. After all, it's not easy beating your head against some mad (person)'s wall."

Why won't you just "Let it be"?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast