Deckathalon - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite
   
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 41

    Thread: Deckathalon


    1. #1
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,127
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      609
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Deckathalon

      In my main account, I have been playing the Deckathalon since the very first one. Level 9 or 10 decks are very nice, if I'm just farming level 1-3 for basic runes I don't even have to bring along any shields or heals.

      The past few months Ive been breaking in wizards in my other account. Had to be a little careful the first day, until I got the recipes for better decks, but no problem getting through stage 4 on all my wizards. Especially when my main wizard was able to get through stage 5 or 6 and craft those decks for all my other wizards.

      My condolences to any "newbie" trying out out this month's deckathalon for the first time. Spectral Blast is a truly unfair and evil spell, especially in stage 4. My main wizard, using a level 3 balance deck, put down 2 tower shields the first 2 rounds, and was prepping for a pet will cast leaf storm + locust swarm on turn 4. Even had some heal spells in hand if he took some damage in the first 2 rounds.

      First round, they bladed each other, I was still at full health. Second round, they both cast a spectral blast, and I was dead.

      Maybe I could have been using my level 5 Fire deck, and putting down ice + storm shields (forget the name of that one right now). Leaving myself wide open for Locust Swarms.

      Truly evil. No wonder this is the only tower my main wizard in my main account hasn't completed, and doesn't even try anymore.

    2. #2
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,728
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2414
      Thanks (Received)
      7524
      Gold
      6,074.76

      Re: Deckathalon

      The last balance was my second decka ever, it really is one of the most difficult imo. But if you are only after the progress bar you should be fine.

      As for finishing the tower there are some videos on the last stage but its a lot of rng, your best bet is to farm up some brandon TCs to help.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 10-11-22 at 5:36:10 PM.

    3. #3
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,127
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      609
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Deckathalon

      Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      The last balance was my second decka ever, it really is one of the most difficult imo. But if you are only after the progress bar you should be fine.

      As for finishing the tower there are some videos on the last stage but its a lot of rng, your best bet is to farm up some brandon TCs to help.
      Thank you, but I am no longer interested in ridiculous battles that rely entirely on pure luck to have even the slightest chance of success.

    4. #4
      WarWeaver's Avatar
        WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,192
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1413
      Thanks (Received)
      1144
      Gold
      993.00

      Re: Deckathalon

      Same. I don't even plan on doing the balance one anymore unless they make some good changes.


    5. #5
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,728
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2414
      Thanks (Received)
      7524
      Gold
      6,074.76

      Re: Deckathalon

      I am sorry you had a bad experience. Getting to the top of the tower is more then doable with 21 credits. Pet will casts help a lot as well as whatever minions you can get your hands on. Make at least deck 6 and it should be doable. Ferric has some great videos on it if you care to try again.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 10-11-22 at 10:42:34 PM.

    6. #6
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,127
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      609
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Deckathalon

      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      Same. I don't even plan on doing the balance one anymore unless they make some good changes.
      I have 5 wizards farming 1-3.1. Use every credit, every day, and you'll complete the progress bar. (Can't save up and use them all on the weekend, or you'll miss out on TC points.) Doing that for basic runes, and the rune pack reward averages about 1 superior runes per wizard. Some get 2, some get none. Have my main wizard farming 5-6, maybe 7 a few times, may get another superior rune or two. Higher than that, too much luck involved. Have at least a level 9 deck for all six wizards, working on upgrading them to level 10s. Also, points for SOF.

      My main wizard did complete stage 9 one time, and it took it took Krokopatra/Lord Nightshade minions, a quad-healing pet with leaf storm will cast, and divine intervention to do it. But that's how I got the recipe for a level 10 balance deck.

      Spectral Blast is just not fair. Elemental Damage just bypasses a balance deck built in resistance. If I use something like a level 10 fire deck with ice/storm shields, I have to take full Balance damage. No Balance school shield (70%), have to use tower shield (50%) for all the balance damage. If tower monsters used one or the other consistently, maybe. But one time they will both spam spectral blasts at me, then if I gear up to resist elemental damage the next time it will be mana burns and other kinds of balance damage. And until I got level 9/10 decks, it was always a fizzle at the worst possible time, or coming up 1 point short of killing them. Reminds me of Bill Cosby's routine about playing basketball - If the other team is really that good, the lights go out when they have the ball. You'll never convince me that the game doesn't cheat.

    7. #7
      WarWeaver's Avatar
        WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,192
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1413
      Thanks (Received)
      1144
      Gold
      993.00

      Re: Deckathalon

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I have 5 wizards farming 1-3.1. Use every credit, every day, and you'll complete the progress bar. (Can't save up and use them all on the weekend, or you'll miss out on TC points.) Doing that for basic runes, and the rune pack reward averages about 1 superior runes per wizard. Some get 2, some get none. Have my main wizard farming 5-6, maybe 7 a few times, may get another superior rune or two. Higher than that, too much luck involved. Have at least a level 9 deck for all six wizards, working on upgrading them to level 10s. Also, points for SOF.

      My main wizard did complete stage 9 one time, and it took it took Krokopatra/Lord Nightshade minions, a quad-healing pet with leaf storm will cast, and divine intervention to do it. But that's how I got the recipe for a level 10 balance deck.

      Spectral Blast is just not fair. Elemental Damage just bypasses a balance deck built in resistance. If I use something like a level 10 fire deck with ice/storm shields, I have to take full Balance damage. No Balance school shield (70%), have to use tower shield (50%) for all the balance damage. If tower monsters used one or the other consistently, maybe. But one time they will both spam spectral blasts at me, then if I gear up to resist elemental damage the next time it will be mana burns and other kinds of balance damage. And until I got level 9/10 decks, it was always a fizzle at the worst possible time, or coming up 1 point short of killing them. Reminds me of Bill Cosby's routine about playing basketball - If the other team is really that good, the lights go out when they have the ball. You'll never convince me that the game doesn't cheat.
      Right, right. There is always that rune pack point reward. I think I'll do the same as you and climb the lower stages each day to at least claim that. Thanks for the tips but my days of climbing past the highest stages are pretty much done. There is just too much rng involved for my tastes.


    8. #8
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,728
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2414
      Thanks (Received)
      7524
      Gold
      6,074.76

      Exclamation Re: Deckathalon

      I am sorry, but I am tired of people trying to nerf the game when all they have to do is learn the game. Deckathon is nothing but simple math with some rng.

      Guiides exist, it is more than possible to finish it if you are willing to put in the effort. This game is dumbed down enough in my opinionn, its not rocket science!

      Before complaining something is too hard perhaps put some effort into figuring it out as opposed to trying to ruin the game for the rest of us.

    9. #9
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,127
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      609
      Thanks (Received)
      1381
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: Deckathalon

      Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I am sorry, but I am tired of people trying to nerf the game when all they have to do is learn the game. Deckathon is nothing but simple math with some rng.

      Guiides exist, it is more than possible to finish it if you are willing to put in the effort. This game is dumbed down enough in my opinionn, its not rocket science!

      Before complaining something is too hard perhaps put some effort into figuring it out as opposed to trying to ruin the game for the rest of us.
      "SOME" rng? When I get hit by two spectral blasts on the second round of the stage 4 level 2 fight and die even though I was at full health with 2 tower shields in front of me, ain't no guide in the world, no 'figuring out' that would have helped me. I am tired of being a lab rat for some sadistic programmer. The Balance Deckathalon is not a "challenge," it is the programmers trying to make it impossible and waiting to see what some genius can come up with to beat it.

      If the Balance Deckathalon was on a par with the other deckathalons..., but it isn't. I used to play Wizard because it was FUN. In no way is the Balance Deckathalon "fun." I shouldn't have to research "guides" to figure out how to beat cheating bosses. I used to be able to complete a world playing solo, then it was needing a little help for the final battle in a world. Now its every side quest and many of the mainline quests.

      That being said, in my other account, first time doing this deckathalon, I got through stage 5. Wanted to get that far, because it gives me a deck with 3 pips at the start of a battle. Since I've already completed 5, I may make a stab at 6 this time round. But never going this high in a tower again, not the balance tower anyway.

      I think the only reason I still play is inertia. Put so much time and effort into it that it would be a shame to just throw it all away and waste it. That, and then I'd have to find something else to spend my time on, something that I'd have to start out from scratch all over again.

      Maybe if KI put out a quality product without so many bugs that they have to rely on us players to find them all. If their "customer support" actually supported the players instead of trying to pass off bugs as "Oh, that's the way it's supposed to work." If they actually made good on all the rewards we got gypped out of, or at least sent the person who reported a bug an email detailing what was done when they "resolved" an issue.

      But they don't. All they're concerned with is milking every last dollar they can out of the whales who will spend real world on whatever junk, whatever re-skinned mounts they can think of, that no one needs except the gullible fools who just gotta have the "latest thing" instead of fixing bugs that are two years old.

      And, I am tired of all the enablers who let KI get away with it.

    10. #10
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,728
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2414
      Thanks (Received)
      7524
      Gold
      6,074.76

      Re: Deckathalon

      Enablers?

      The main story line has been boiled down to Blade, AOE, every single world was nerfed, even the dang fire elves!!

      Decathlon is an optional event, like side dungeons this is the only place for KI to present a challenge for those who want it. Imagine someone (many someone's) actually enjoy a challenge!


      I just did floors 1-4 with only TCS from vendors, no pet, no will cast with deck 6. 5 times in a row quite successfully. Strategies exist, perhaps you should just skip it instead of trying to get it ruined for the rest of us.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 10-12-22 at 4:39:44 PM.

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •