Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched? - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite
   
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 15
    1. #1
        wxlff23 is offline Novice Wizard

      • wxlff23's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cameron ShadowFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  98
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Playing Wiz101 as usual
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      6
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      32.50

      Unhappy Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      I am taking advantage of free energy fishing to catch all Epic fishes. It went so smooth until Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Slime. It seems IMPOSSIBLE to catch them. I used the right lure for their school, lure rank 3 and yet they ran away every single time. Sometime there is no message where it says they got away at all. That got me wonder if thatís a glitch. If so, how do I fix this?

    2. #2
      WarWeaver's Avatar
        WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,182
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1380
      Thanks (Received)
      1125
      Gold
      990.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by wxlff23 View Post
      I am taking advantage of free energy fishing to catch all Epic fishes. It went so smooth until Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Slime. It seems IMPOSSIBLE to catch them. I used the right lure for their school, lure rank 3 and yet they ran away every single time. Sometime there is no message where it says they got away at all. That got me wonder if thatís a glitch. If so, how do I fix this?
      I had the same issue. Sometimes there will be fish that are bugged for you so they won't behave properly. What you want to do when you know for certain that they are is to reel in your lure the moment you realize it will go under for regular fish like those two you mentioned. For bugged sentinels, you want to reel in your lure the moment they make contact with it.


    3. #3
        wxlff23 is offline Novice Wizard

      • wxlff23's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cameron ShadowFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  98
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Playing Wiz101 as usual
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      6
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      32.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      I had the same issue. Sometimes there will be fish that are bugged for you so they won't behave properly. What you want to do when you know for certain that they are is to reel in your lure the moment you realize it will go under for regular fish like those two you mentioned. For bugged sentinels, you want to reel in your lure the moment they make contact with it.
      I found those two just fine however I gave maybe 10+ attempts each yet they ran away with no message saying it got away and kicked me out of the fishing mode. I never had that issue until I encountered those fishes. I moved on different epics, no issues at all. So I sent an email to the support, hoping they can help with this. 😔

    4. #4
      WarWeaver's Avatar
        WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,182
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1380
      Thanks (Received)
      1125
      Gold
      990.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by wxlff23 View Post
      I found those two just fine however I gave maybe 10+ attempts each yet they ran away with no message saying it got away and kicked me out of the fishing mode. I never had that issue until I encountered those fishes. I moved on different epics, no issues at all. So I sent an email to the support, hoping they can help with this. 
      Yea, they're bugged. You need to reel in your lure before it goes under when you know it will go under if you want to catch them now. The other option is to wait for a fix but it's been years since it's been reported so who knows how long that might take.


    5. #5
        wxlff23 is offline Novice Wizard

      • wxlff23's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cameron ShadowFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  98
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Playing Wiz101 as usual
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      6
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      32.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      I had the same issue. Sometimes there will be fish that are bugged for you so they won't behave properly. What you want to do when you know for certain that they are is to reel in your lure the moment you realize it will go under for regular fish like those two you mentioned. For bugged sentinels, you want to reel in your lure the moment they make contact with it.
      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      Yea, they're bugged. You need to reel in your lure before it goes under when you know it will go under if you want to catch them now. The other option is to wait for a fix but it's been years since it's been reported so who knows how long that might take.
      How do you tell when it go under? I just want those fishes for my collection.

    6. #6
      WarWeaver's Avatar
        WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,182
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1380
      Thanks (Received)
      1125
      Gold
      990.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by wxlff23 View Post
      How do you tell when it go under? I just want those fishes for my collection.
      There is a bit of a delay when it does. You can turn up your sound a bit and practice with regular fish until you get it just right.


    7. #7
        wxlff23 is offline Novice Wizard

      • wxlff23's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cameron ShadowFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  98
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Playing Wiz101 as usual
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      6
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      32.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      There is a bit of a delay when it does. You can turn up your sound a bit and practice with regular fish until you get it just right.
      Well frick. Iím deaf. But thank you tho. I will try my best.

    8. #8
      WarWeaver's Avatar
        WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

      • WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire
      Status: (>._.)>
       
      Mood:
      Grumpy2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,182
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1380
      Thanks (Received)
      1125
      Gold
      990.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by wxlff23 View Post
      Well frick. Iím deaf. But thank you tho. I will try my best.
      I wish you the best of luck.


    9. #9
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      19,283
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      22744
      Thanks (Received)
      30036
      Gold
      10,950.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      While I personally didn't have any trouble catching any of the Epic fishes, I know of a couple of people who gave up on the Ecto-skate for a long while. I rely on the sound effects because there is a noticeable change in tone when the fish is going to "bite" and be caught. I'm usually trying to do a few other things at the same time, so the sound is key for me.

      I do think that if you are watching very closely, the fish and lure freeze for a split second - as @WarWeaver said, a bit of a delay - at the same time as the sound change we hear. If you can time your hit to that moment, you should be able to catch them. If you aren't skilled yet at catching Sentinel fish, you could maybe practice on those first? Timing is key for Sentinels as well.

      Best of luck to you!

      ::F1:;
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    10. #10
        wxlff23 is offline Novice Wizard

      • wxlff23's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cameron ShadowFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  98
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Playing Wiz101 as usual
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2022
      Posts
      6
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      32.50

      Re: Are Rhino Fish and Ecto Slime Skate glitched?

      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      There is a bit of a delay when it does. You can turn up your sound a bit and practice with regular fish until you get it just right.
      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      While I personally didn't have any trouble catching any of the Epic fishes, I know of a couple of people who gave up on the Ecto-skate for a long while. I rely on the sound effects because there is a noticeable change in tone when the fish is going to "bite" and be caught. I'm usually trying to do a few other things at the same time, so the sound is key for me.

      I do think that if you are watching very closely, the fish and lure freeze for a split second - as @WarWeaver said, a bit of a delay - at the same time as the sound change we hear. If you can time your hit to that moment, you should be able to catch them. If you aren't skilled yet at catching Sentinel fish, you could maybe practice on those first? Timing is key for Sentinels as well.

      Best of luck to you!

      ::F1:;
      This is going to be rough for sure. Iím deaf, so Iíll carefully watch for that delay. Thank you.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •