"Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101. - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite
   
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

      • AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      7,785
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      18606
      Thanks (Received)
      17351
      Gold
      375.50

      "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Starting this new post today to bring attention to some game issues -- severe game lag and disconnections. See some comments starting at Post #74 from @Sidri here:

      Quote Originally Posted by Sidri View Post
      I just got back into playing this game a few days ago after a hiatus of several years. Both Pirates and Wizzy are very laggy when I go thru doorways or try to interact with NPCs and items. In battle and just running around, I have no lag at all. I don't have this problem on my other games and they are graphic intensive, so I think its a KI thing. Anyone else having this since the hack? Or is it just me?
      @Sparck @Eric Stormbringer @Ratbeard -- Is this a "known issue" at KI?

      AluraMist
      Last edited by AluraMist; 9-20-22 at 1:11:25 PM. Reason: Added "quote".
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    2. #2
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,725
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2398
      Thanks (Received)
      7517
      Gold
      6,074.26

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Maybe it has something to do with the mysterious maintenance, no maintenance last night.

      The login screen had a message about a 2-3 hour downtime happening at 2 am central, it said to check kialerts for updates.

      There was nothing posted on any KI twitter account, not even KIalerts

      2 am came and we were not booted, so we all figured it was yet another oops. At 2:08 am, we were booted with no in game warning at all. Being the last night for Deckathlon, there were people trying to finish up at this time. I figured I would try to login again since it was kind of fishy and I got on with no issue, so obviously it was not maintenance.

      My question to @Sparck, is what exactly was that this morning? What if anything does it have to do with the security breech?

    3. #3
      LookitLight's Avatar
        LookitLight is offline Apprentice Wizard
      Status: Animus hoard's going good
       
      Mood:
      PC Gaming
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2022
      Posts
      134
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      31
      Thanks (Received)
      298
      Gold
      100.50

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      Maybe it has something to do with the mysterious maintenance, no maintenance last night.

      The login screen had a message about a 2-3 hour downtime happening at 2 am central, it said to check kialerts for updates.

      There was nothing posted on any KI twitter account, not even KIalerts

      2 am came and we were not booted, so we all figured it was yet another oops. At 2:08 am, we were booted with no in game warning at all. Being the last night for Deckathlon, there were people trying to finish up at this time. I figured I would try to login again since it was kind of fishy and I got on with no issue, so obviously it was not maintenance.

      My question to @Sparck, is what exactly was that this morning? What if anything does it have to do with the security breech?
      I believe this has something to do with the installation of "additional security measures" talked about in KI's statement on the recent hack. I don't believe it's concerning.
      I am fond of Piggles. Heck Hounds look up to us. Fire Cats look down at us. Piggles? They treat us as equals.

    4. #4
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,725
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2398
      Thanks (Received)
      7517
      Gold
      6,074.26

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Quote Originally Posted by LookitLight View Post
      I believe this has something to do with the installation of "additional security measures" talked about in KI's statement on the recent hack. I don't believe it's concerning.
      I am glad you are psychic, but since it interrupted a live event, I believe we deserve an answer, from a more official source, thanks!

    5. #5
      ValdusWildheart's Avatar
        ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard
      Status: In a fog
       
      Mood:
      Stressed
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      4,988
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      7558
      Thanks (Received)
      10296
      Gold
      156.50

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Quote Originally Posted by LookitLight View Post
      I believe this has something to do with the installation of "additional security measures" talked about in KI's statement on the recent hack. I don't believe it's concerning.
      I'm concerned

      Not so much about the hack, but I can't really play the game now. I have other things I need to spend money on besides a new computer since my current PC works for everything except W101 now. Until I run out of other uses for my money, I'll have to skip W101 except for limited play. I already skipped the last couple of years, so I suppose it won't hurt to skip a few more. It's still a bummer.

    6. #6
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,725
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2398
      Thanks (Received)
      7517
      Gold
      6,074.26

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      I mean in the grand scheme of things and all that is wrong with this country and the world, wiz really doesn't matter.

    7. #7
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      4,950
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      5551
      Thanks (Received)
      5313
      Gold
      34,450.50

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      I'm concerned

      Not so much about the hack, but I can't really play the game now. I have other things I need to spend money on besides a new computer since my current PC works for everything except W101 now. Until I run out of other uses for my money, I'll have to skip W101 except for limited play. I already skipped the last couple of years, so I suppose it won't hurt to skip a few more. It's still a bummer.
      I think there's an argument to be had that you don't need to have a High-end Gaming PC in order to run the game properly unlike the other major MMORPGs out there (and PC Games specifically). I think W101 has been in a decent balance in terms of accessibility and the fact that they're tilting that in the opposite direction of what they should be is unsurprising now. W101 being a mid-tier game accessible to all computers rather than a lower-tier game in comparison to all PC games in general that utilizes the capability of a Gaming PC. If I tried to run something like World of Warcraft of League of Legends on my crappy laptop I run W101 on, I think my laptop would heat up so much it would implode from the inside. I really hope Ki can fix the lag issue without compromising the amount of requirements necssary to run the game itself.

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    8. #8
      Sidri's Avatar
        Sidri is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • Sidri's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Rowan Willowleaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maya
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad
      Status: just chillin'
       
      Mood:
      Cool2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      541
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2619
      Thanks (Received)
      956
      Gold
      198.82

      Re: "Severe game lag and disconnections, Tuesday, 9/20", W101 & P101.

      Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I think there's an argument to be had that you don't need to have a High-end Gaming PC in order to run the game properly unlike the other major MMORPGs out there (and PC Games specifically). I think W101 has been in a decent balance in terms of accessibility and the fact that they're tilting that in the opposite direction of what they should be is unsurprising now. W101 being a mid-tier game accessible to all computers rather than a lower-tier game in comparison to all PC games in general that utilizes the capability of a Gaming PC. If I tried to run something like World of Warcraft of League of Legends on my crappy laptop I run W101 on, I think my laptop would heat up so much it would implode from the inside. I really hope Ki can fix the lag issue without compromising the amount of requirements necssary to run the game itself.
      I have bad lag on both Pirates and Wizzy. The longer I play the worse it gets. Ironically, I have a good gaming PC and play WoW and Final Fantasy XIV with no lag whatsoever. In fact, those games play slippery fast. Whatever is happening with these two KI games, it is not on my end.

      Also, I would hope that if KI could fix the lag it would make the game better for lower end PCs but I'm not knowledgeable about the ins and outs of those things.
      Last edited by Sidri; 9-21-22 at 6:31:59 PM.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •