----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Is Test realm going LIVE this week?

A friend said that he thought it would be and pointed me to where it says "Test Realm has been closed for this update" when trying to launch test. (ACK! Can't upload a screen cap!)

Could it REALLY be?

I cannot tell you how bad this would be! Not only testing GUILDS been really hard to do given the absurd 12 people requirement, but while trying to get my self into a guild on Thursday I tested one of the new Gold key bosses and soooo many glitches in just that fight.

They wouldn't go Live yet?

Given the 12 person-in-game requirement to start a Guild one would hope KI would give us a little heads up, but if history is any indication, that's wishful thinking.

Anyone else heard anything? I know that KI favors other platforms these days and if they do make an announcement, those of us who rely on Central for all of our out-of-game news probably will never know. Rather than hope someone from KI will tell us all, hopefully those Centralites who are connected can keep us updated?

For those interested in being an founding member of the Central Guild, it might be time time to start clearing your schedule....

Casp

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Is Test realm going LIVE this week?

As they did nothing to get more participation in test, what is left to do really? I think they will go live sometime next week, I doubt it would be a Monday though, Wednesday probably.

Wheeeeeeeeeee

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

• AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      A friend said that he thought it would be and pointed me to where it says "Test Realm has been closed for this update" when trying to launch test. (ACK! Can't upload a screen cap!) ...

Could it REALLY be? ...

Casp
      Your friend was right. This is what the Test Realm launch window says ---

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

oh test is not ready but they plan to ship it to live anyway surely nothing too bad can happen right?

surely the need to have 24% of the max player's allowed to start a guild can't be that bad right its just 11 friends

nobody/few tested the new bosses and there seems to be bugs reported, yet this update is for guilds not the key bosses

test has gone on longer than its common duration of 20 day's

KI wants raids for the Elite only sounds good i'm ready for the update
      i'm sure there is more to list
      Wolf soulstalker 150 Alex nightshade 147 Valkoor Wild 150 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BaronvonWolf View Post
      oh test is not ready but they plan to ship it to live anyway surely nothing too bad can happen right?
      Nice.

To be fair, they've thrown untested and very buggy content into live before so I'm sure there's not a lot of stress at KI over doing it again. I came to the conclusion years ago that "test realm" for members is a marketing ploy, not a desire to get actual feedback.

While I would love to try out a guild, with the new school year starting soon (which is why they need the content out NOW vs. even one week more), work, and some other priorities I couldn't possibly commit to a guild in good conscience. I still am not even sure what that means and not really interested in wasting time on YT to find out (and what a way to have to discover new content vs. in the game!!).

I've been farming hard at Loremaster the last couple of weeks to avoid the key bosses, but I suppose I'll have to try asap when released (before the drop rates are nerfed). That said, LM is ridiculous. I've kept some stats on spellement drops from LM, and it takes between 2 & 3 runs for a drop (closer to 2). At 2.1 runs per drop, 28 spells, and 35 reagents needed per spell, that's just over 2,000 runs. At 3 minutes per run that's 100 hours of farming. That's all assuming the spellements are dropped evenly by spell (hint: they aren't). So I'm nowhere close since I started from scratch. Hopefully key bosses will be better. I have no idea how people manage to upgrade these spells. That said, I still wish they'd left loremaster as is and supplemented with key bosses.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Live Realm is Test Realm lol If anything, I believe we should be getting many patches to live realm this time. I wonder if I'm right because the amount of players that will make the most out of Test Realm is practically the same as the total population of players in Live Realm. At this point, Test Realm is so barren and empty, there's really little point in having the Test Realm in the first place... or at least that's something of a hot take. But then again, I'd rather fail to log in on a Test Realm then wait for a patch to Live Realm to even play the game...

Honestly, it's inevitable that there's going to be bugs for this. Yeah it's pretty bad but I think we just have to accept the reality that this was going to happen and now it's happening even if it's the wrong thing to do. We just need to deal with it and move forward, maybe crash a few times in the process because there's nothing we can do about it. Gamigo and Ki set the end of Test Realm long before Test Realm began because they have a pre-planned schedule that must be followed (this is what I believe is true unless I'm told explicitly otherwise) and this is regardless of what bugs linger.

The problem now is whether or not the features of Test Realm translate to Live Realm. Remarkably (sarcastically), there's still no easy way to submit bugs in Live Realm even after more than a decade. But at the same time, this would mean Ki way more bug reports that their team can handle (including opening up bug reports that are for trolling or spamming purposes) and at that point, nothing is going to get done. Not that I'm even slightly appreciative of ghosting or ignoring the requests of the community, I hate that kind of behavior, I cannot deny that this happens for a reason...

I will make a Guild Meetup when Live Realm is updated next week... or you can lol I haven't logged on in like a couple of days

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I heard a rumor that it is only a partial release, guilds only, no raids, not sure about key bosses. Not sure if this is true or not, or who is leaking information. But that is pretty interesting.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I heard a rumor that it is only a partial release, guilds only, no raids, not sure about key bosses. Not sure if this is true or not, or who is leaking information. But that is pretty interesting.
      I believe that they said from the beginning that Raids would not be ready to be a part of the next update. Getting Guilds off the ground has to come first, so they have time to work on the other things that Guilds will be able to do while we are running around collecting Azoth from wherever.

I am still unsure where Azoth is going to be collected...

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

• AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I believe that they said from the beginning that Raids would not be ready to be a part of the next update. Getting Guilds off the ground has to come first, so they have time to work on the other things that Guilds will be able to do while we are running around collecting Azoth from wherever.

I am still unsure where Azoth is going to be collected...

Actually, that is what @Sparck said when Raids were first announced. See his post here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/test...a28179c?page=1

Jul 27, 2022

Calling all veteran Wizards! Raids are now on Test Realm!

"Raids are Guild Dungeons for a group of 12 highly skilled, experienced, and organized players.

Raids are intended to be a series of high-level challenges like you’ve never experienced before. Building on some of the features we added for Beastmoon Hunt, Beastmoon Mayhem, and the new “rhoshambo” spells of PvP, Raids are designed to challenge the most experienced, most organized players. Some of the challenges are related to combat, some of the challenges are puzzles, and some of the challenges require communication and organization. The challenge will not be easy – but we are confident that you are up to the task. (We always underestimate how good you are!)

A reminder that this is Test Realm and our initial rollout of the feature. We are very interested in your feedback – help make Raids the best they can be! Raids are a special addition to Test Realm, and so we will not release them on the Live Realms until they are ready.

Please submit bugs using the in-game tool and post your first impression feedback below or elsewhere in the Test Realm forums.

Thanks, Wizards!"
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

LookitLight is offline Apprentice Wizard

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It seems pretty clear to me that the KI development team is on a strict timeline; when Test Realm is scheduled to go Live, it will no matter what. And we'll be the ones dealing with the fallout of whatever issues remain unresolved.

I have the same reservations about this update that I did about the Spring Update, precisely for this reason. Not only are these problems allowed (and I mean allowed) to persist in the Live servers, community relations are being eroded because of the lack of response by KI (as @Caspeen mentioned) over our concerns about those very same issues.

Sure, Raids are an exception, but the Guilds through which we access those Raids? The concerns raised since day one about Guilds (first and foremost the unreasonably high Player requirement to make them) have not been addressed at all.

I'll wait and see if there's a fallout to this update, but at this rate I'm not particularly hopeful.
      I am fond of Piggles. Heck Hounds look up to us. Fire Cats look down at us. Piggles? They treat us as equals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast