"Your First Impressions of Raids", Feedback Friday. - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite

• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
        AluraMist is online now Wiki Master

• AluraMist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mindy
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

"Your First Impressions of Raids", Feedback Friday.

Prof. Falmea posted this on the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/test...0592245?page=1

Aug 05, 5:13 PM

Feedback Friday - Your First Impressions of Raids

"It’s another fantastic Friday and a fiery conclusion to a great Test Realm week... but wait, it's after 4pm CT as of this posting and Test Realm is still going on!

That's right, we've extended Test Realm until Saturday at 8am CT. Yes, it will be back up on Monday again as usual as well, but we wanted to give the latest Raids changes some more time to be checked out by the community so we can review that feedback right away on Monday.

We had a lot of fun designing the Raids system and probably even more fun putting together our own Raids along the way, but we want to know what YOU think.

What’s your favorite thing about Raids so far? What are the things that you’d like to see improved? What did you think of the changes in this Friday's update?

Let us know in a reply below, or on social media using #Wizard101Raids!

Have a fiery Friday folks!"
      Last edited by AluraMist; 8-6-22 at 11:49:59 AM. Reason: Added link.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: "Your First Impressions of Raids", Feedback Friday.

@Sparck

My favorite thing about raids so far is how it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to test them even though I have a membership. You need to host an event or open test on weekends so we have enough people to actually test this update. I really fear the limited feedback you they are getting is going to lead to a nightmare release of test realm.

This is the first test realm where there is nothing I can test, in over 13 years.

Every update leaves the veteran player farther and farther behind. I realize the game needs to be constantly cycling in new players through to survive, but slowly everything I loved about the game is going south.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 8-6-22 at 12:33:17 PM.

bluedreamer is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      @Sparck

Every update leaves the veteran player farther and farther behind. I realize the game needs to be constantly cycling in new players through to survive, but slowly everything I loved about the game is going south.
      Yes exactly so much of the game no longer resembles Wiz.

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck

My favorite thing about raids so far is how it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to test them even though I have a membership. You need to host an event or open test on weekends so we have enough people to actually test this update. I really fear the limited feedback you they are getting is going to lead to a nightmare release of test realm.

This is the first test realm where there is nothing I can test, in over 13 years.

Raids unless the rewards are massive are currently giant waste of time. Right now, Wiztubers such as Awesomethesauce have struggled to complete entire runs. When most tuber struggled using Youtube to vocally coordinate raids, barely make it through the raid then ki makes it harder your making content that needs outside means of communication to communicate yet it against TOS to give this information out. Who wants to do raids if people still rage quit in darkmoor or hero hall instances? And you have rely on 12 people... Good luck with that.
      Last edited by Starbreaker; 8-8-22 at 12:03:35 AM.

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

raids so far just seem like a waste of time but i really dont care anymore cya when the new world hit's maybe
      Wolf soulstalker 150 Alex nightshade 147 Valkoor Wild 150 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck
      I have no idea where to even start for this test realm. We can't know for sure that they don't have thousands of players jammed into guilds from other communities, but I suspect not. Unfortunately, "if you build it, they will come" doesn't always work very well. Just because raids are fun in other very popular games doesn't mean this is working for W101. They are a lot easier to do -- and more fun in other games -- based on what I can see in W101 streamer videos. Somehow KI always manages to build in far too much overhead in most of their releases.

The other thing in test is gold key bosses. FYI - farm for gold keys NOW. This may have been posted here (apologies if I missed it), but via Ratbeard:

"What we're doing with skeleton key bosses is we're trying to make the keys rare. If we think that it takes the players about a week of time of normal play to get a key, I'm speaking in generalities not specifics, if it takes you a week, then we give you back that time in the loot of the skeleton bosses. See some players look at the loot and say it's really good. The reason it feels really good is because the time it takes to get the key is high, so we give you the value back in drops
      A WEEK of time for a key? And we all know how RNG works. Both for the key and for drops. Less and less is available to just log on and have a little bit of fun. So. Much. Overhead. Ugh.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      I have no idea where to even start for this test realm. We can't know for sure that they don't have thousands of players jammed into guilds from other communities, but I suspect not. Unfortunately, "if you build it, they will come" doesn't always work very well. Just because raids are fun in other very popular games doesn't mean this is working for W101. They are a lot easier to do -- and more fun in other games -- based on what I can see in W101 streamer videos. Somehow KI always manages to build in far too much overhead in most of their releases.

The other thing in test is gold key bosses. FYI - farm for gold keys NOW. This may have been posted here (apologies if I missed it), but via Ratbeard:

A WEEK of time for a key? And we all know how RNG works. Both for the key and for drops. Less and less is available to just log on and have a little bit of fun. So. Much. Overhead. Ugh.
      The thing is: There is no start. I think @Caspeen could attest to the difficulties of starting up a Guild but I don't think there are more than 20 Guilds, might I even say no more than 10 Guilds still active in Test Realm right now. I don't think Ki has enough information about possible bugs that could be fixed enough to properly release into Test Realm because so few bug reports are being sent and sure there may have been a bunch of Disc Groups having their time doing Raids, at this point, I don't think they're active anymore. They seem to be unable to play the game sufficiently enough to find out their own bugs (or to the very least, they're lacking the numbers) and they can't fix anything they can't find. But alas, they have a schedule and Test Realm has to be released into Live during that day regardless of what it looks like even if they extend to the weekends and there's a swarm of bugs still left.

As to speaking to other games, they're built for competition and W101 is not. Ki has to stop being disillusioned by being part of that category and trying to change the game so they seem to be in them, Ki needs to stop trying to flail around in competitions they cannot win and probably don't need to win. I don't think Ki should be pushing towards Raids so heavily because the further they do that, the more they have fallen from the heart of their franchise.

I don't know what to think of the Loremaster Key update. Maybe it's not as much of a problem as we think it is, after all it depends on the frequency in which players receive the gold keys. A group of people could farm a key boss for quite a while if the key drop rates are decent because each of the 4 players have a fair chance of getting a key and they could just use each other's keys for a long time. But Ki won't make the key drops anywhere near as common as it should be and yeah, because of this, that update will worsen the state of the game as much as other updates often do...

"Value back in drops"? That's a pathetic joke. If I use a gold key on Loremaster and all I get back is gold, a piece of copper, and a single spellement for a spell I'm not trying to learn. That's not value back, that's an insult to our time.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-9-22 at 11:36:30 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Kokyota is offline Magus Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck

This is so disappointing. Guilds are a great idea. It seems once again someone in KI has ruined another good thing.

I have a Farming app on my phone. I joined their “Co-op” which is very similar to a Guild. Some members participate as a team in the Global races (akin to our Raids); some members help each other with farm good orders, and we all post on our "Co-op" board.

There is still time to make our Guilds a great way for players to enjoy the game as well as build player groups. I hope KI revamp “Raids” to something very simple. Perhaps, KI needs less employees with opinions in the making of the Guilds. Also, if KI would remember – Less is More or Keep It Simple (KISS) there would be less bugs. LOL

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Gotta say, really surprised by the 12 person requirement to create a Guild in TEST! If they really want people to use Guilds and test it out fully, why didn't they nerf the requirements like they do for the cost of reagents?

Same with Raid - I'd LOVE to test raids but I can't even get in a guild!

I will say that as to the difficulty of Raids - meh. I remember when Mayhem came out everyone was up in arms about how difficult it was to advance to the second wave. "Make it easier!" folks demanded. But now? Making it to the 2nd wave is more likely than not and many groups - yes, even groups of randoms! - are beating all three waves. It's unfortunate that so many are more interested in winning now, now, NOW and aren't interested in challenges. Anyway, glad KI didn't give in to the demands to nerf Mayhem then and I hope more people have a chance to try these Raids now, in Test, before they get nerfed. And if they are out and are too hard - have at it - but KI is asking for failure if enough people don't even get a chance to test them.

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 8-9-22 at 10:50:29 PM.

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck

so far i am agreeing with everyone posting here. Test realms on the weekends are a must i remember a time when test realms were on for a week until they had updates.

the other thing was i really do not understand how to play raids. and i was watching the youtube videos.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast