Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Just a Thought

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
      what i used to do when i was max. gold was to buy a cat mount. later on a large gold mound from Merage
      I still do that - i have lots of lions running around my castles. Thanks for reminding my about the carpets in Mirage!
      Happy trails!

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      I thought KI said the gold cap exists for the same reason the TC vault was removed....they don't want players hording gold (or TCs). They want players using the gold. It's more likely KI would design more expensive items to purchase for gold, before they would increase the gold amount.
      Wait, TC vaults were "removed"? There were TC vaults?

They don't want players hording gold why? Unlike Crowns which they obviously want us to buy and spend, it's not as if KI is losing out if we hoard gold, are they?

Seems to me the opposite is true - if people are at MAX gold then maybe there's less incentive to play the game where as if there was something crazy expensive to buy, like ART* or Statues, then people will play more.

Anyway, I too hate to wasting gold, which is why I've been buying robes from the vendor in the Silent Market, Jentink Smallears. Sure they cost ~200,000, but they sell for ~100,000 when you need gold. My "rainy day" fund includes about 200 of those robes plus fish - so many expensive fish! I know that a few folks have mentioned the "Big Gold" piles sold by Guillermel in Mirage and you'd think that a pile of gold you buy for 475,000 would be the perfect way to "store" money. But for some reason those piles of gold sell for a measly 23,750. Why? IT'S GOLD! 475,000 for a pile of gold should sell for 475,000! A nice flex but a terrible investment.

Casp

*ART - how cool would it be if there were items designated as "Art" - paintings, statues, etc - and the longer you held onto them the more they would be worth when you sold them? I know KI doesn't like hoarding stuff but people do it anways...

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post

They don't want players hording gold why? Unlike Crowns which they obviously want us to buy and spend, it's not as if KI is losing out if we hoard gold, are they?

Seems to me the opposite is true - if people are at MAX gold then maybe there's less incentive to play the game where as if there was something crazy expensive to buy, like ART* or Statues, then people will play more.

Anyway, I too hate to wasting gold, which is why I've been buying robes from the vendor in the Silent Market, Jentink Smallears. Sure they cost ~200,000, but they sell for ~100,000 when you need gold. My "rainy day" fund includes about 200 of those robes plus fish - so many expensive fish! I know that a few folks have mentioned the "Big Gold" piles sold by Guillermel in Mirage and you'd think that a pile of gold you buy for 475,000 would be the perfect way to "store" money. But for some reason those piles of gold sell for a measly 23,750. Why? IT'S GOLD! 475,000 for a pile of gold should sell for 475,000! A nice flex but a terrible investment.

Casp

*ART - how cool would it be if there were items designated as "Art" - paintings, statues, etc - and the longer you held onto them the more they would be worth when you sold them? I know KI doesn't like hoarding stuff but people do it anways...
      I think there was a TC Vault in Test Realm a long time ago but it didn't make the cut.

Anyhow whenever I don't feel like dealing with the problems of Max Gold, I have 144 pages of Gear Recipes (and I would have more if I bothered to go back to my garden daily again) and all the Housing Recipes (I hope lol). And I didn't even purchase all of the Karamelle Recipes or all of the Catacombs Recipes or all the Sky City Recipes. I mean it doesn't hurt you to buy more of them (not that many of them are useful), the only chore for the person with max gold problems is going there in the first place. And I can promise, if they do that, they won't be dealing with Max Gold for quite sometime. Or at least the average player won't lol Some of y'all with like a billion empowers looking to be used somehow or like on a farming frenzy, can't help ya lol
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-7-22 at 5:49:38 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

bluedreamer is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post

Casp

It'd be nice to have more art available for decorating purposes and there is so much scattered around the spiral that we could have for our homes. Sadly KI is so greedy they will likely be hiding it in packs.
      Last edited by bluedreamer; 8-7-22 at 12:03:39 PM.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Smile Re: Just a Thought

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      It'd be nice to have more art available for decorating purposes and there is so much scattered around the spiral that we could have for our homes. Sadly KI is so greedy they will likely be hiding it in packs.
      I have to say that the current artwork is not all that great either. Yes, there is some good stuff, but overall it is really pretty mundane given the huge amount of art all over the spiral itself. I mean really, isn't the very heart of KI revolve around ar5t itself to create thw worlds we know as the Spiral?

I would also like to see more based on real works of art in the real world. There is so much more to art that just pictures to hang on the walls and I would love to see KI tap into that very diverse realm.

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  'Patrick'
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Unbound View Post
      I have to say that the current artwork is not all that great either. Yes, there is some good stuff, but overall it is really pretty mundane given the huge amount of art all over the spiral itself. I mean really, isn't the very heart of KI revolve around ar5t itself to create thw worlds we know as the Spiral?

I would also like to see more based on real works of art in the real world. There is so much more to art that just pictures to hang on the walls and I would love to see KI tap into that very diverse realm.
      Little surprised there aren't more housing based off existing stuff, some pictures reference real things

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12