BigTacoslol is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Questions about making a pet - Should I restart from scratch?

Trying to make a decent death pet, just going for the usual triple damage double res pet and im having the worst luck ever. The base I started with is extremely sticky and as im hatching the stats arenít improving. For an example, the strength and will on the pet is so low that when it gets the +5 universal resist itís only +4 even though the strength and will bar is full. Even after doing several hatches the max strength and will numbers donít increase. Am I doing something wrong or should I just start with a new base pet? If so, which base pet should I start with? I donít really have any base death pets.

Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Questions about making a pet - Should I restart from scratch?

It's usually just a case of bad luck when you hatch but the stats of the offspring doesn't have any increases in comparison to your original pet. That's just a thing that happens and there's nothing we can do about it other than hatch again.

It should usually take 4-5 hatches to replicate a pet's talents if you're always hatching with the same pet (whenever you don't get the pet you want, you just hatch again with the pet you want again later). If you're always hatching with a different person's pet, you're going to be a lot slower at the hatching process because you may be losing spots in your pet's pool of damage talents to failure talents (in your case, like Critical talents or May Casts) and with the increased variation of talents, you're bound to learn more and more talents that you don't want. So at the end of the day, you should be hatching with the same pet with the same person every time for optimal quickness.

While I don't know whether or not this pet exists anywhere in the game, I would also recommend hatching with a School Pet that is not yours (the school of the wizard that has your pet) with the talents you want. Picture it like this: hatch with a Wraith Pet, Avenging Fossil, Bone Dragon...etc) on a wizard that is not in the Death School on the pet you want the talents on. It is impossible to get those pets unless you're in the Death School so if you're not in the Death School, you will always get back the pet you hatched with back. This or hatching with the same pet but with the stats you want, will always guarantee you get your pet back.

Other recommendation include that you should always hatch with pets with higher stats than yours because that way none of your stats from your pet will decrease. I would also try to hatch twice a day if you can, one in the morning and one at night.

Maybe somebody here has the stats you want. Idk how often people respond to hatch requests here though for specific talents lol
      tart with something like a first generation pet like a Blood Bat since they copy talents and increase stats fairly easily, I wouldn't say they're very sticky either (since you don't want a bloodbat ultimately, it's best you hatch with the pet you're looking for). I used an Enchanted Armament long ago to start my Storm Pet collection and now I have 6 pages of descendants lol
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-3-22 at 4:42:46 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

BigTacoslol is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Dylan Windwalker View Post
      It's usually just a case of bad luck when you hatch but the stats of the offspring doesn't have any increases in comparison to your original pet. That's just a thing that happens and there's nothing we can do about it other than hatch again.

It should usually take 4-5 hatches to replicate a pet's talents if you're always hatching with the same pet (whenever you don't get the pet you want, you just hatch again with the pet you want again later). If you're always hatching with a different person's pet, you're going to be a lot slower at the hatching process because you may be losing spots in your pet's pool of damage talents to failure talents (in your case, like Critical talents or May Casts) and with the increased variation of talents, you're bound to learn more and more talents that you don't want. So at the end of the day, you should be hatching with the same pet with the same person every time for optimal

While I don't know whether or not this pet exists anywhere in the game, I would also recommend hatching with a School Pet that is not yours (the school of the wizard that has your pet) with the talents you want. Picture it like this: hatch with a Wraith Pet, Avenging Fossil, Bone Dragon...etc) on a wizard that is not in the Death School on the pet you want the talents on. It is impossible to get those pets unless you're in the Death School so if you're not in the Death School, you will always get back the pet you hatched with back. This or hatching with the same pet but with the stats you want, will always guarantee you get your pet back.

Other recommendation include that you should always hatch with pets with higher stats than yours because that way none of your stats from your pet will decrease. I would also try to hatch twice a day if you can, one in the morning and one at night.

Maybe somebody here has the stats you want. Idk how often people respond to hatch requests here though for specific talents lol
      tart with something like a first generation pet like a Blood Bat since they copy talents and increase stats fairly easily, I wouldn't say they're very sticky either (since you don't want a bloodbat ultimately, it's best you hatch with the pet you're looking for). I used an Enchanted Armament long ago to start my Storm Pet collection and now I have 6 pages of descendants lol
      So youíre saying I should get a bloodbat, raise to adult and hatch with like an avenging fossil from the kiosk? And just keep doing that until I get both the avenging fossil and the talents I want? Iíve been trying to get an avenging fossil forever now but never do and end up with the same pet that gives really weak damage/resist. Which I donít understand why thatís happening.
      Last edited by BigTacoslol; 8-3-22 at 6:37:52 PM.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>BigTacoslol View Post
      Trying to make a decent death pet, just going for the usual triple damage double res pet and im having the worst luck ever. The base I started with is extremely sticky and as im hatching the stats arenít improving. For an example, the strength and will on the pet is so low that when it gets the +5 universal resist itís only +4 even though the strength and will bar is full. Even after doing several hatches the max strength and will numbers donít increase. Am I doing something wrong or should I just start with a new base pet? If so, which base pet should I start with? I donít really have any base death pets.
      What you need to do, is hatch with someone that has v2 death pet.

What this means:
      Strength 255
      Intellect 250
      Agility 260
      Will 260 and
      Power 250
      This is what we call stats.

You do not go by how fill these bars are. That is based on what snacks you had fed them.

To get the max on damage and resist, you need the stats to be max or a little less on certain one, this I am not sure, being I do not rely on that method, all my pet are maxed.

You would want to have 2 parents with slightly different pools, making sure that both have the talents manifested, but 2 on one pet and the other 3 on another parent pet. By having slightly different pools, you are making sure you that the unwanted talents will not manifest and getting the talents you want. If you hatch over and over, you're then making both unwanted talents strong along with the wanted talents.

A good rule of thumb is to take screen shots when you go and hatch your pet. You do this by hitting the PRT/SC on your keyboard and it will be placed in your wizard101 files. You will see a little note once you have hit the key, if you have never done this before. This way you can learn your pets pool by comparing the parent pets with your new pet. Make notes!

Good Luck with your project and Happy Hatching!

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

First generation pets are always a great place to start. One thing i suggest doing is hatch multiple times with the same pet that has higher stats then yours ex:

First hatch - adult if you have at least one talent
      Rehatch- Make sure have clean 2 talent base
      Rehatch for every level following up to mega

If you can't find the original pet you used then i like looking for pets who talents are roughly in the same slot as my own first, then i check to make sure all talents are in fact present. This way they should have very similar pools

Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So youíre saying I should get a bloodbat, raise to adult and hatch with like an avenging fossil from the kiosk? And just keep doing that until I get both the avenging fossil and the talents I want? Iíve been trying to get an avenging fossil forever now but never do and end up with the same pet that gives really weak damage/resist. Which I donít understand why thatís happening.
      You should start with a blood bat, hatch with the pet you want with the Triple Double. Or start with a Bloodbat, hatch with the pet you want and then hatch with the Death School pet (while not on a Death Wizard). You should only hatch with the Death School pet when you've gotten the pet body that you want and I'm assuming that pet body isn't the Bloodbat. You can only get the Avenging Fossil pet if you're a Death Wizard.

Honestly the best rule I can give you is do whatever @Bailey Jade says, she's awesome at pets!
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-3-22 at 11:17:37 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)