•  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Guilds

I finally nailed down what bothers me about this, it is just a glorified click. Who else is having flash backs to high school?

We already have enough exclusion in game as is, I see this only making it worse. Anyone who already does not have a dedicated team for BM knows what a disadvantage that is. I feel like guilds are only going to amplify this advantage across the game.

I hope I am wrong, time will tell.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 8-2-22 at 11:55:41 AM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Guilds

It really goes down to how many players don't want to join a Guild and how willing Guilds are open to letting people in. If it's true that most Guilds will be stingy about only letting players in with the best gear or specific conditions of stats, then this will leave a lot of players that are not in Guilds but then again, those people can make their own Guilds if they met up.

My high school didn't have much of a clique because everybody who wasn't in some sort of interest was kind of in a clique in themselves. I wasn't interest in the drama or the sports or whatever stuff kids were up to, like the odd ones out, but we kind of made a group from that encapsulating everybody else like oh we didn't treat those without a specific interest any differently. Maybe that will happen in game, Idk.

In this Central Guild, maybe we can vote to accept or something like that to make it so that we cannot glorify ourselves just for being in somewhat of a more official group like "oh we're so much better than you cause we're in the Central Guild!" (though I don't suppose any of us would really do that anyways, it's not that much of a brag lol). I think there will be Glorified Guilds in PvP and Raids but like there already are Glorified people in PvP (or at least there were in 3rd Age PvP) and there will still be that sort of stuff regardless of whether or not there are Guilds. And glory is only there is people care about it, maybe the younger player base will be somewhat hooked on it but I think the majority of players who are adults are gonna be like "meh" (my reaction to other Guilds and somewhat my reaction to whatever glory the Central Guild is. We're just a group of people).

Idk underestimating, overestimating, overreacting, yeah I agee, we will have to see

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I finally nailed down what bothers me about this, it is just a glorified click. Who else is having flash backs to high school?

We already have enough exclusion in game as is, I see this only making it worse. Anyone who already does not have a dedicated team for BM knows what a disadvantage that is. I feel like guilds are only going to amplify this advantage across the game.

I hope I am wrong, time will tell.
      I kinda see the clique comparison, but I think a better one would be clubs. You join the one(s) you want because you share an interest in what the club is about. I can tell you that the Central guild will be for those who want to be involved in the game. We won't be an just an Arena PvP guild, though I hope we have some who are duelists, we won't be just a Beastmoon guild, though I very much thinks we can help each other here, we won't be a Derby guild (awesome as that would be), and so on and so forth. Because of the number of folks on Central I think we have an advantage over a group of friends in game who want to create Guild, but it won't be an uber competitive Guild where only the best of the best will be allowed to join.

As a side benefit, it WILL be a guild to collect badges for those who want to, so if there are to be badges for doings stuff, we'll be doing stuff! As a badge collector yourself hopefully that will be enough of an enticement to give The Guild a try.

Casp

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      I kinda see the clique comparison, but I think a better one would be clubs. You join the one(s) you want because you share an interest in what the club is about. I can tell you that the Central guild will be for those who want to be involved in the game. We won't be an just an Arena PvP guild, though I hope we have some who are duelists, we won't be just a Beastmoon guild, though I very much thinks we can help each other here, we won't be a Derby guild (awesome as that would be), and so on and so forth. Because of the number of folks on Central I think we have an advantage over a group of friends in game who want to create Guild, but it won't be an uber competitive Guild where only the best of the best will be allowed to join.

As a side benefit, it WILL be a guild to collect badges for those who want to, so if there are to be badges for doings stuff, we'll be doing stuff! As a badge collector yourself hopefully that will be enough of an enticement to give The Guild a try.

Casp
      Kind of made my point.

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Isn't the ironic point of cliques is that everyone had theirs?

As someone who was relatively a introvert in school and felt left out, in the end I met up with the other misfits and had our own friend-group clique as the people that didn't fit with the main crowd. It was probably more fun than the popular kids.

As with all things in life, those who don't get in the the "first or xyz group." can always find each other choose to make the 2nd and be together. Opting to be without again, is your choice.

I don't see guilds being clique like unless we humor that kids play this game and will clique-ify anything possible, personally I avoid under 18 if it's obvious anyway.

Edward sky/Life/105/
      You're all hard work and deadlines, and I'm all snowballs and fun times.