----

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I feel like I canít solo this game anymore

Iím level 132 myth and Iím struggling hard to survive the second part of empyrea and Iím honestly considering switching back to my level 40 death just because everyone says soloing on death is so much easier since you can be healed with crow and etc. I love myth because I believe it genuinely has some of the best looking spells in game but Iím being told the worlds after empyrea are only more difficult and even if manage to get through this by myself, I know Iím just going to run into this problem again.
      Idk what Iím doing wrong, thereís so many 1V4/1V3 fights and enemies have just insane pierce. They also spam set shields so in many cases I find myself not bringing enough cards or then I bring too many and get myself killed because it takes centuries to pull what I need. No one is ever in team up anymore either. I have like 135 damage, 40 resist, 7.3K health. 20 accuracy. Using malistare hat, rattlebones robe, dragoon boots, dragoon amulet. Alpha omega ring and blade of felled titan, with triple damage, 1 resist, may cast fairy pet (working on new pet now) with a damage jewel. Iíve tried so many different strategies and just struggle so much. Iím honestly feeling defeated and frustrated. Should I just switch to my death at this point?

PlayerNEntered is online now Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  'Patrick'
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: I feel like I canít solo this game anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BigTacoslol View Post
      Iím level 132 myth and Iím struggling hard to survive the second part of empyrea and Iím honestly considering switching back to my level 40 death just because everyone says soloing on death is so much easier since you can be healed with crow and etc. I love myth because I believe it genuinely has some of the best looking spells in game but Iím being told the worlds after empyrea are only more difficult and even if manage to get through this by myself, I know Iím just going to run into this problem again.
      Idk what Iím doing wrong, thereís so many 1V4/1V3 fights and enemies have just insane pierce. They also spam set shields so in many cases I find myself not bringing enough cards or then I bring too many and get myself killed because it takes centuries to pull what I need. No one is ever in team up anymore either. I have like 135 damage, 40 resist, 7.3K health. 20 accuracy. Using malistare hat, rattlebones robe, dragoon boots, dragoon amulet. Alpha omega ring and blade of felled titan, with triple damage, 1 resist, may cast fairy pet (working on new pet now) with a damage jewel. Iíve tried so many different strategies and just struggle so much. Iím honestly feeling defeated and frustrated. Should I just switch to my death at this point?
      I never soloed in Empyrea (only the first two arcs), but you're most likely going to be using set shields with a fortify for bosses and healing when necessary. While slowly blading to kill the boss

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

BigTacoslol is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerNEntered View Post
      I never soloed in Empyrea (only the first two arcs), but you're most likely going to be using set shields with a fortify for bosses and healing when necessary. While slowly blading to kill the boss
      I do run tower shields in my side deck so I can always shield when I need to. When I run set shields I run into the problem of overloading my deck and making battles too long. If the battle is too long, then I absolutely wonít survive. Especially when they use those awful shadow spells that take like 3 turns to hit you but take away a quarter of my health (even with a tower).

PlayerNEntered is online now Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  'Patrick'
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I do run tower shields in my side deck so I can always shield when I need to. When I run set shields I run into the problem of overloading my deck and making battles too long. If the battle is too long, then I absolutely wonít survive. Especially when they use those awful shadow spells that take like 3 turns to hit you but take away a quarter of my health (even with a tower).
      I honestly forgot the 2 pip shadow spells exist, but a set shield is 30% more resist than a tower shield

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Sierra SeaSong is online now Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Try a blade into an orthrus, then when minions are gone you can get the boss, usually if you die at that point only the boss will be there whe you get back. You want to pack a somewhat short deck so you are not standing there too long.

Except for boss fights, this is what i pack: epic, myth blade + sharpen, orthrus a ninja pig and a 4 pip aoe (i have the dragoon amulet one), tcs are usually a blade, a feint, a cleanse and a pierce, can also toss an extra hit in side if you want. For bosses i would add feints, but take out the minions first.

Hope that helps. (notice i did not mention shields, I am bad at defense lol).
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 8-2-22 at 6:50:22 PM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've never played a myth before and due to the lack of experience, I cannot give you an accurate solution but I do think limiting your deck is your best bet to getting the spells you want when you need them and not drawing out battles to be longer than it should be. This means not putting shields or tower shields in your deck/slide. But I think that deck issue has been solved from the comments above (cause I basically agree with all of it) lol Other than blades/hits, I would add one Frenzy (Star spell you can learn in the Arcanum) and one shadow shrike so if you do run into issues with shields, you have more options if pierce doesn't show up. Myth blades tc can be bought in the Arcanum too.

If you're worried there's a problem with your gear, I would just toss that worry away cause what you have now is completely fine.

Questing on my storm in Empyrea, yeah I did start dying but I ultimately finished the world with not so much of a difficulty that I couldn't continue. But it's supposed to be like that because in Empyrea, we're supposedly good enough to be challenged somewhat and try to push through (the essence of progression makes it so worlds get more difficult as we go on). I think I'll have just as much struggles when I quest through Karamelle and Lemuria later on (I'm sweeping through Wysteria right now lol) but for the most part I thnk I can push through. And when I think I'll need help for some of the "end-of-area" bosses there, then I know that I can ask for help....

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Given that my Myth is Level 29 and has been since 2010 I'm certainly no authority, but what about Monstrology? Holy cow, you can summons some of the baddest, most awesome minions for one power pip! PLUS, don't Myth get to have 3 monstrology minions out at the same time? Monstrology minion, shield, monstrology Minion, shield, monstrology Minion, dominate. Can't lose!

Or maybe I'm completely mad...

Casp

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Given that my Myth is Level 29 and has been since 2010 I'm certainly no authority, but what about Monstrology? Holy cow, you can summons some of the baddest, most awesome minions for one power pip! PLUS, don't Myth get to have 3 monstrology minions out at the same time? Monstrology minion, shield, monstrology Minion, shield, monstrology Minion, dominate. Can't lose!

Or maybe I'm completely mad...

Casp

Unfortunately, the conventional wisdom is that minions are more trouble than they are worth. A player has to learn how to work with their minions rather than trying to use their common blade, blade, feint, attack strategy. To me, any help is better than no help.
      Myth wizards can summon their school minion plus two Monstrology minions, to fill the battle ring. No Myth Wizard should ever feel like they are playing solo IF they have also leveled up in Monstrology and farmed sufficient Animus to have crafted a bunch of Summon treasure cards.

My advice would be to go back and work on your Monstrology if you've ignored it. You should be able to level up quickly enough, but then the time burner would be to collect enough Boss/Creature Animus to be able to summon the right creatures for your tough battles. Monstrology treasure cards are also sometimes available in the Bazaar if anyone else is as crazy as me and sells them for others to buy.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Since i was a silver age player. I stopped soloing in the middle of DS. A lot of the worlds were nerfed since then. And don't get me started when Azteca went live.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

bluedreamer is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

While I haven't solo my Myth much in higher levels I would definitely work on a double resist pet, whether with triple damage or double and fairy. Don't under estimate Fortify/Brace in battles where you are out numbered, especially early rounds when they have more pips. A shield can only take one hit Vs 4 rounds of 15/20% resist, even if eaten up by pierce helps no end facing many hits

How is your resist only 40%? malistare hat 11%, rattlebones robe 15%, dragoon boots 12%, dragoon amulet 5%. That's 43% without a pet. Add a double resist pet of a minimum of old max stats that brings you upto 58%. A lot more resist and you should able to help you to survive better. If you craft the Darkmoor deck that's another 2% shadow resist on top of that. For an extra tricky battle you could also add a school resist jewel to your pet for more resilience.

As others said later in the thread Monstrology can bring you so awesome many minions that only cost 2 pips to summon. I've only toyed a little but they could be very useful.

EDIT: I almost forgot if you haven't gotten any pierce jewels(circle) you can craft them. They will cost a lot of gold and reagents and luck, but they help no end cutting through shields, helping you deliver more damage. They can be farmed too if you prefer.
      Last edited by bluedreamer; 8-3-22 at 2:28:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast