• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Coming soon - a Central Guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      I think one of the huge advantages of a Central guild is not just having a wide range of interests and skills but that we have so many people to pull from. As such, I can assure you that there won't be demands on anyone's time who doesn't want to be involved with the caveat that there will be some expectation of contributing to the guild. Again, not sure how the system truly works because, believe it or not, I still haven't been able to create a guild in test (!) but there will be something to discourage folks from joining then not participating. I'm hoping that there will be Badges at stake - badges! - to ensure people stay engaged.

Casp
      Whether or not there will be Guild specific badges, I really don't know. I would assume that badges wouldn't really be an incentive for the majority of players and thus, they wouldn't make the effort to implement them. Only badge collectors care about badges (that and toxic PvP people who crave the Warlord status lol). But at the same time, I don't know what Ki think about badges anymore because they're so bad at doing them. We might think one way but I can practically promise Ki will think a different way than we do so anything we think of is moot.

I don't know how Ki will implement incentives. There's no incentives to ranking up Cantrips and there's really no incentives for players who haven't done PvP in the past, to try out 5th Age PvP. Following that trend, there might be no incentives to participating in Guilds and that those who do join Guilds are just there to be there. I think this is the safest option for this case because forcing people to join things they don't want to is wrong (to an extent IRL but this is just a game lol). I don't know but maybe we can have a bigger discussion later about incentives in general.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Whether or not there will be Guild specific badges, I really don't know. I would assume that badges wouldn't really be an incentive for the majority of players and thus, they wouldn't make the effort to implement them. Only badge collectors care about badges (that and toxic PvP people who crave the Warlord status lol). But at the same time, I don't know what Ki think about badges anymore because they're so bad at doing them. We might think one way but I can practically promise Ki will think a different way than we do so anything we think of is moot.

I don't know how Ki will implement incentives. There's no incentives to ranking up Cantrips and there's really no incentives for players who haven't done PvP in the past, to try out 5th Age PvP. Following that trend, there might be no incentives to participating in Guilds and that those who do join Guilds are just there to be there. I think this is the safest option for this case because forcing people to join things they don't want to is wrong (to an extent IRL but this is just a game lol). I don't know but maybe we can have a bigger discussion later about incentives in general.
      They promised no badges for guilds, I will have to dig up the post, imo this would just be more forced content at that point.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      They promised no badges for guilds, I will have to dig up the post, imo this would just be more forced content at that point.
      I don't take anything they say at face value. They also said a while back that they were going to reduce the amount of Dual School stats on gear but now that's legit the future of how they're going to put stats in gear (Eric claimed that they were going to make this more relevant with other Dual things, but again I don't take anything he says at face value even though I respect him as a player). Whatever Ki claims about Guilds, their voice is what they do in the game because the effort they put into that describes how they ultimately feel regardless of what they say in Twitter or their official forum.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-2-22 at 1:36:50 PM.

Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I only assumed there would be badges for the Guild content because, well, there's almost always badges. I'd be surprised if there weren't any, but even more surprised if they said there weren't going to be any and there really weren't!

Maybe we should meet in Test and give it a whirl to find out. In test you need just ONE person to start a Guild and from there we can see what this whole Guild thing is about.

Casp

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      I only assumed there would be badges for the Guild content because, well, there's almost always badges. I'd be surprised if there weren't any, but even more surprised if they said there weren't going to be any and there really weren't!

Maybe we should meet in Test and give it a whirl to find out. In test you need just ONE person to start a Guild and from there we can see what this whole Guild thing is about.

Casp
      I joined a guild in test, I bought 10 bazillion reagents to open everything up, got stuck on some that just wont open. Whenever I go on test I am the only one there and have to hunt someone down just to open more transmorg things whatever those are. The only people who can test guilds right noww are people who already have large groups or streamers, but since the content really is for them anyway, I guess that works.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 8-2-22 at 6:59:02 PM.

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm not actively playing at the moment, but if I ever get back into and there's space I'd be the next to join, I hope it ends up a chill guild!

Edward sky/Life/105/
      Shadow's house is absolute

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hey all,

Just wanted to update you with what I've been able to find while I've been in Test the last few days.

In short - NOTHING!

Turns out even in Test you need 12 people to create a guild and even with some begging and pleading, I could never get more than 3 people in my Test guild. I did join a guild because someone was trying to test Raids, but after an hour of me running around the Guild house trying to upgrade stuff, everyone gave up because we couldn't get enough in the Guild.

While I did get to try some things as a member of guild, I'm not sure what options we'll have when creating a Guild or what controls the Leader will have. So afraid nothing to report there.

However, there are a few things I'd like to put out there.

First, whenever KI does release Guilds into the Live game, I doubt we'll be able to create the Guild that day. It would be great if KI could give us an actual date that they will be live, in which case I'll have a post to get interested people together, but I fully expect KI to give us no warning. If that's the case I'll post a time on the following weekend so that we can all be ingame just to get things started.

Second, while there are still many details to sort out, I do want to confirm that to start with the only "requirement" to joining the guild is that you be a member of Central. The max number of guild members is 50 and I don't see us filling that anytime soon so to get going the more the better. If / when we do hit the max number we'll look into some sort of expectations, but that will be something discussed by The Guild.

Once we get started I will create a post and keep an updated list of all members and to do that I'll ask everyone to post on that thread the name of their wizard that is a member of the guild.

Aside from that, still open to ideas / feedback / info. To reiterate an idea brought up earlier in this thread, the last thing anyone wants is to be buried under a ton of rules and I'll do my best to ensure that doesn't happen. I envision a Guild that will have something for everyone who joins - a place and means to meet folks for some, a way to participate in activities for others, and so on and so forth, but to help meet everyone's expectations it would be great to hear from folks as to what you hope to get from this.

More from me as I learn more - in the mean time, discuss....

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 8-4-22 at 12:49:49 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I think we'll "test" more through live realm than in test realm since the test realm download requires a lot of time while logging in online in Live realm requires significiantly less time. I'm not surprised whatsoever about Ki's inability to make the conditions reasonable to make a Guild (since they don't test the game themselves in the test realm server, they don't actually get to experience these difficulties of their normal non-disc communities). They refuse to realize that 12 members is far too much of a requirement to get anywhere in Test Realm and honestly I kind of expected this to be the case.

The rule of "you just have a to be a member of central" really comes down to how many people will try to get into the Guild, that have not been active in Central. Is it ok for Central Members who are lurkers to have a say in the Guild's activities if they don't even bother to post in the actual website? How many players will simply make Central Accounts just to join the Central Guild and then completely forget about the website? I guess none of that really matters if we don't reach the 50 member maximum, but I also think we should be thinking long-term as removing individuals from the Central Guild is something of a tricky business if it's the case that we do reach the 50 member total. I would still wait for the release to Live Realm in order to further discuss something like qualifications, but I do agree these qualification should be simple and not entirely impossible given timely circumstances (unlike qualifications in real life, which aren't).

I do think rules should be implemented regardless of whether we like it or not, though I think not many players would be hindered by them in anyway because we're all common-sense reasonable and kind enough to not break the rules regardless of whether we remember them or not. It's not like now that there are rules in place, we're more likely to do things that break them. Like just because we're in the Central Guild, doesn't mean we're gonna start charging players with packs or empowers in exchange for helping them. Players here that I know of haven't done that sort of thing, and I don't expect that sort of thing will happen in the future.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-5-22 at 10:56:30 AM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      The rule of "you just have a to be a member of central" really comes down to how many people will try to get into the Guild, that have not been active in Central. Is it ok for Central Members who are lurkers to have a say in the Guild's activities if they don't even bother to post in the actual website? How many players will simply make Central Accounts just to join the Central Guild and then completely forget about the website?
      If it takes Guild membership to turn a lurker into a participating member, then that is fine with us. If someone creates a Central account so that they can join our Guild, the odds are just as good that they will begin to participate in other discussions as well. Let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I will say that I would expect a roll call type of activity -- once per month check-in or something -- but ultimately, that will up to the Guild through this discussion.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 8-5-22 at 8:20:09 AM.
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Hollywood is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Hollywood's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Thomas
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I'd love to join. I've been a member for a long time, but took a few year break. Recently I started to get back into playing the game.

Avi by Jezzelie
      Sig by Expelliarmus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast