•  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Coming soon - a Central Guild!

After taking some time to watch the recent KI Live video, I think I now have a new understanding of what Kingsisle intends for Guilds. Arte, the senior designer, said that this update is designed for groups of players who already have formed an affinity for each other's play. This is meant for socializing and working together toward common goals in the game - higher level, higher commitment, higher organization and communication, for example in Raids. Arte mentioned that they have already set aside a space for Guild competition in the Arena. The team joked about adding the words Final and Bastion to the Guild name selector (as something they wouldn't) if that tells you anything.

This doesn't sound like it's intended to be a casual player thing, and if there will someday be Guild competitions, perhaps the members of the "Official Wizard101 Central Guild" could be expected to step up and represent the rest of us in some sort of fan site competition. Maybe it will be something akin to the Pirate101 "Pillow Fight" where members will be farming for common housing item drops and donate them to the Guild Bank. Maybe the competition will be actual PvP dueling. We don't know, but the more suggestions and feedback they get, the more you and I can shape things to come. The Kingsisle team is going to be watching how things go once this update is Live.

If we don't already have another Guild in mind with our friends, but want to be a part of something here on Central and see it grow, then this could be the Guild for us. If we don't find 12 separate members who can be online at the same time to create the Guild in the first place, the entire point of this thread is moot. Central has always been a place where people slide in and out looking for answers to questions, or lurk in the background watching other members have discussions. If you have been lurking, and want to join, now is the time to speak up.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Keep in mind that the biggest obstacle to stepping up is the learning gap, not necessarily the courage to step up in the first place. This is going to be a group process, not one single person has to learn everything about a specific opportunity to know enough to teach everybody else. We can all teach each other and expand that to those interested. Or at least that's the opimistic take to it.

Also you don't need to learn anything about any of the Guild Activities in order to join the Central Guild. I don't know how to stress this enough but unlike in real life, you don't need experience to join something that will provide you with that experience. If it is in your best interest to learn about something, you're not going to be alone. Somebody will learn it on your behalf and teach you so you're not going to be left on your own.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-1-22 at 11:57:49 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Arthur Wethersfield is offline Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I was under the impression that any guild you join is account wide. Have you tested putting different wizards in different guilds?

I would join a group from central, but not one run by central, so I will have to pass. Hopefully they put in some kind of Merc system for non guild members.
      Each character on an account can be in a different Guild.

Guilds currently have a 50 player limit. If different characters on your account join the same Guild, they only count as 1 slot toward the 50 player limit.

Arthur (Gary)

MzDreamfire is offline Adept Wizard

• MzDreamfire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Elizabeth Nightflame Lv 149, Taylor Thunderider Lv 140, Eliz Darkblood Lv 141
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  (Fire) Rocky, (Storm) Cookie, (Death) Shadow
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  (Fire)Wolfhound,(Storm) Zazzleberry Bear, (Death)Black Cat

Mood:
      Twisted

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I mostly play solo unless it's to help my grandson or if I dual box (which I'm still trying to get used to).
      Partly that's because I'm on/off here different times of the day but also partly due to not so great experiences in the past where I was made to feel not good enough to be part of a group. NOT by anyone here, if anything everyone here has been really awesome whenever I've needed help or joined in on Meet and Greets.
      I'm looking forward to joining the Guild from Central. Perhaps those who aren't into the Combat
      part of Raids can be helpful in the puzzle or other parts. Time will tell and we'll all see how it goes when it goes live.
      Trials are like fire ~ they can destroy or strengthen you,
      depending on your character and choices in life.
      Remember ~the same fire that melts butter, strengthens steel.

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Wethersfield View Post
      Each character on an account can be in a different Guild.

Guilds currently have a 50 player limit. If different characters on your account join the same Guild, they only count as 1 slot toward the 50 player limit.

Arthur (Gary)
      Interesting, I am used to be it being an account wide thing. Welp, maybe i can rent out my alts to fill up spaces lol.

Are you going to be having any merc system for non guild inclined players?

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      If we don't already have another Guild in mind with our friends, but want to be a part of something here on Central and see it grow, then this could be the Guild for us. If we don't find 12 separate members who can be online at the same time to create the Guild in the first place, the entire point of this thread is moot. Central has always been a place where people slide in and out looking for answers to questions, or lurk in the background watching other members have discussions. If you have been lurking, and want to join, now is the time to speak up.
      @Willowdreamer - you always know how to say what I want to say, just better!

I realize it might be a bit of a stretch to get 12 of us in game at one time these days but once upon a time it was a piece of cake - I KNOW we can do this!

As a number of folks have said here, there are a lot of unknowns around this, but I think @Dylan Windwalker said it best when he said you don't need to know the system to join. Not only will there undoubtedly be lots of posts about what folks find here on central but once the Guild is created in the game I'll be around to do everything I can to share what I know.

And while there will be a lot of growing around guilds - for us as a players, for us as a site, and for KI as well - even if you aren't someone who is into Arena PvP or contests it sounds like there will be a little for everyone. Ideally our guild will have folks with a wide range of interests - some creative decorators for the Guild house, some folks who aren't afraid of PvE challenges, and of course some dueling experts who can represent us all and bring glory to The Guild. Fun!

So, stay tuned! In the mean time, feel free to ask questions or post ideas.

Casp

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have a hard enough time following the forum rules, try not to weigh your guild down with too many rules.

I am still waiting on KIs promise that non guild people could still somehow participate.

My biggest fear with guilds is someone trying to tell me how to spend my time in game. I really do not need some brat trying to boss me around.

Until we see what the raids are dropping, I really do not think I will be missing anything tbh, but would much rather merc and help with raids and not have to actually join any guild. Just not good with others demands on my time.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have a hard enough time following the forum rules, try not to weigh your guild down with too many rules.

I am still waiting on KIs promise that non guild people could still somehow participate.

My biggest fear with guilds is someone trying to tell me how to spend my time in game. I really do not need some brat trying to boss me around.

Until we see what the raids are dropping, I really do not think I will be missing anything tbh, but would much rather merc and help with raids and not have to actually join any guild. Just not good with others demands on my time.
      I think one of the huge advantages of a Central guild is not just having a wide range of interests and skills but that we have so many people to pull from. As such, I can assure you that there won't be demands on anyone's time who doesn't want to be involved with the caveat that there will be some expectation of contributing to the guild. Again, not sure how the system truly works because, believe it or not, I still haven't been able to create a guild in test (!) but there will be something to discourage folks from joining then not participating. I'm hoping that there will be Badges at stake - badges! - to ensure people stay engaged.

Oh, and another thing - no brats either!

Don't suppose anyone wants to meet up in test sometime this week?

Casp

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      I think one of the huge advantages of a Central guild is not just having a wide range of interests and skills but that we have so many people to pull from. As such, I can assure you that there won't be demands on anyone's time who doesn't want to be involved with the caveat that there will be some expectation of contributing to the guild. Again, not sure how the system truly works because, believe it or not, I still haven't been able to create a guild in test (!) but there will be something to discourage folks from joining then not participating. I'm hoping that there will be Badges at stake - badges! - to ensure people stay engaged.

Oh, and another thing - no brats either!

Don't suppose anyone wants to meet up in test sometime this week?

Casp

THEY PROMISED NO BADGES, DONT EVEN THINK IT, I WILL NOT BE FORCED INTO CONTENT I HAVE NO INTEREST IN for the sake of badge collecting, the mess they made of the BM badges is bad enough. Yes this needed all caps.

For beastmoon, they could have made one badge per creature that levels like your pvp badge, which oddly shows in bm matches, instead every form they add moves the goal post by months and months.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 8-2-22 at 10:26:53 AM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

THEY PROMISED NO BADGES, DONT EVEN THINK IT, I WILL NOT BE FORCED INTO CONTENT I HAVE NO INTEREST IN for the sake of badge collecting, the mess they made of the BM badges is bad enough. Yes this needed all caps.

For beastmoon, they could have made one badge per creature that levels like your pvp badge, which oddly shows in bm matches, instead every form they add moves the goal post by months and months.
      On this, I agree - it's like Beastmoon is Kingsisle's Disneyland.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast