Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Coming soon - a Central Guild!

Hey all,

I know there have been a few posts and loads of chatter about guilds and what role Central will play and I wanted to make it known that there WILL BE a Central Guild!

Details are still TBD as we get more familiar with Guilds in Test and there are definitely things we need to discuss, but while I can't tell you much else I CAN say that it's been discussed by the Central staff and one of us WILL be creating a Central Guild.

While there is still much to learn right now, I'll through out a few things that we need to sort out and hope you all can share

1. Qualification: Right now I think being a member of Central is the only requirement - whether you've been a member since beta or whether you just joined. Centralite's unite!

2. Guild name: I'm pretty sure we can't just name it anything - like names in the game we'll have to pick something from drop Downs. Anyone have any suggestions from what you've seen?

3. Membership in other guilds: Of course! Every wiz can only be in one guild but every wiz on an account can be in a different guild. As such, if you have one wiz in the Central Guild - like, say, you're main one? - then of course your other wiz can be in any guild. Likewise, although there will be ONE guild run by Central staff, all guilds will be welcome on Central and we won't prevent threads or posts related to any other guilds.

I know there are a lot of ideas still to sort out but really wanted to post this as soon as possible so that people could...uh...prepare? The 11 people online thing will be tricky to get things going but hopefully KI will give us some idea about when this will be live so that we can coordinate, but for now, please post here if you are interested in joining the soon-to-be Central Guild and feel free to start the chatter about details that should be discussed.

So much to learn but so excited!
      Last edited by Caspeen; 7-31-22 at 9:31:33 PM.

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  'Patrick'
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Coming soon - a Central Guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Hey all,

I know there have been a few posts and loads of chatter about guilds and what role Central will play and I wanted to make it known that there WILL BE a Central Guild!

Details are still TBD as we get more familiar with Guilds in Test and there are definitely things we need to discuss, but while I can't tell you much else I CAN say that it's been discussed by the Central staff and one of us WILL be creating a Central Guild.

While there is still much to learn right now, I'll through out a few things that we need to sort out and hope you all can share

1. Qualification: Right now I think being a member of Central is the only requirement - whether you've been a member since beta or whether you just joined. Centralite's unite!

2. Guild name: I'm pretty sure we can't just name it anything - like names in the game we'll have to pick something from drop Downs. Anyone have any suggestions from what you've seen

3. Membership in other guilds: Of course! Every wiz can only be in one guild but every wiz on an account can be in a different guild. As such, if you have one wiz in the Central Guild - like, say, you're main one? - then of course your other wiz can be in any guild. Likewise, although there will be ONE guild run by Central staff, all guilds will be welcome on Central and we won't prevent threads or posts related to any other guilds.

I know there are a lot of ideas still to sort out but really wanted to post this as soon as possible so that people could...uh...prepare? The 11 people online thing will be tricky to get things going but hopefully KI will give us some idea about when this will be live so that we can coordinate, but for now, please post here if you are interested in joining the soon-to-be Central Guild and feel free to start that chatter about details that should be discussed.

So must to learn but so excited!
      I can't really join since I'm already planning to join a guild, perhaps on another wizard I could?

Magical Kittens is my guild name idea lol

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Here's my brief take on this matter, but I gotta go soon so lol

1. I think there should be an extra Terms of Conditions. A typed out thread here on Central that provides an extra codes of conduct that needs to be signed somehow. This will have things I would assume are like "Not everybody needs to participate in Guild Activities" or "No charging innocent people with packs" or whatnot. I think we need this to make sure everybody acts in line with respectable morals and a semi-professionalism that doesn't make our Guild look bad.

2. I think there should be requirements beyond just "being a member of central", space is limited after all and I don't believe it's fair to the members here in Central if some random lurker who just created an account yesterday and has done nothing to show that they've done nothing in Central to take the place of somebody who has. I would suggest a "100+ Posts" condition needs to be met to make sure they're active in our community and are not just being there to be there. Too many people will just join this Guild just because it's an "Official Guild" if the requirements is just being on Central and when the Guild is so full that we cannot recruit more players, which would be inevitable but we can discuss what happens when we get to it, I think it would be wrongful to simply remove players.

3. I think we should put EVERYTHING up to a vote such as the terms of conditions and the conditions that need to be met. I will make these threads when Live Realm is updated unless a mod or another member beats me to it. I'll do something like continuously updating a thread or something.

4. I do think the Mods should be the leaders of this Guild but I also do want the Leaders of this Guild to be active in the game itself. I think this should also up to some vote since that allows the voice of our community to be heard.

I'll do more stuff later lol
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 7-31-22 at 1:55:43 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was under the impression that any guild you join is account wide. Have you tested putting different wizards in different guilds?

I would join a group from central, but not one run by central, so I will have to pass. Hopefully they put in some kind of Merc system for non guild members.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 7-31-22 at 2:02:58 PM.

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  'Patrick'
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I was under the impression that any guild you join is account wide. Have you tested putting different wizards in different guilds?

I would join a group from central, but not one run by central, so I will have to pass. Hopefully they put in some kind of Merc system for non guild members.
      On Test Realm, I could join the same guild on two wizards, I haven't tried different guilds because I just didn't need to be in a different guild on test lol

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I would join a group from central, but not one run by central, so I will have to pass.
      Sorry, but could you explain the difference? I thought some members were looking for an "official" Central Guild, which is what @Caspeen is talking about in this thread.

Central is certainly large enough to facilitate many in-game Guilds having different focuses and goals, just as we've had various social groups of players all along. If an "official" Guild is not what you are looking for, that's fine.
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

bluedreamer is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Here's my brief take on this matter, but I gotta go soon so lol

1. I think there should be an extra Terms of Conditions. A typed out thread here on Central that provides an extra codes of conduct that needs to be signed somehow. This will have things I would assume are like "Not everybody needs to participate in Guild Activities" or "No charging innocent people with packs" or whatnot. I think we need this to make sure everybody acts in line with respectable morals and a semi-professionalism that doesn't make our Guild look bad.

2. I think there should be requirements beyond just "being a member of central", space is limited after all and I don't believe it's fair to the members here in Central if some random lurker who just created an account yesterday and has done nothing to show that they've done nothing in Central to take the place of somebody who has. I would suggest a "100+ Posts" condition needs to be met to make sure they're active in our community and are not just being there to be there. Too many people will just join this Guild just because it's an "Official Guild" if the requirements is just being on Central and when the Guild is so full that we cannot recruit more players, which would be inevitable but we can discuss what happens when we get to it, I think it would be wrongful to simply remove players.

3. I think we should put EVERYTHING up to a vote such as the terms of conditions and the conditions that need to be met. I will make these threads when Live Realm is updated unless a mod or another member beats me to it. I'll do something like continuously updating a thread or something.

4. I do think the Mods should be the leaders of this Guild but I also do want the Leaders of this Guild to be active in the game itself. I think this should also up to some vote since that allows the voice of our community to be heard.

I'll do more stuff later lol
      As a noob in length of time posting I agree with all but 4. Unless a Mod really wants to be that active, it should be senior people like you. Personally unless numbers allowed are increased, I'd then join to help in what little way I can. I have little desire in doing raids. Maybe I can help offer something later?

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Sorry, but could you explain the difference? I thought some members were looking for an "official" Central Guild, which is what @Caspeen is talking about in this thread.

Central is certainly large enough to facilitate many in-game Guilds having different focuses and goals, just as we've had various social groups of players all along. If an "official" Guild is not what you are looking for, that's fine.
      The way that I see this is that there was some interest expressed in these two threads to try to bring together Central members for a common Central Guild:

A Central Guild from @Kokyota

Who wants to meet up? from @Dylan Windwalker

Somewhere in those posts it was even suggested that it might be nice if a Moderator / Staff Member from Central could get this started.

That's what @Caspeen is trying to do. It's not that "Central will run the Guild". It will be a group of Central Members who want to get together and try this new ingame feature. Clear and simple.

AluraMist
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Kokyota is offline Magus Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well said.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      As a noob in length of time posting I agree with all but 4. Unless a Mod really wants to be that active, it should be senior people like you. Personally unless numbers allowed are increased, I'd then join to help in what little way I can. I have little desire in doing raids. Maybe I can help offer something later?
      Off the top of my head, there's some activities we can do:

1) Teaching, Anything you want to know how to do (probably other than PvP since very little people do that here), we can show you.

2) Badge farming meet ups. Much easier to organize to get 4 mobs per battle and kill the first round no matter the mob. Some badges require a specific school.

3) Events like Derby and Contests and just hanging around if you wanna do that to fill in the void that is IRL. Celebrating stuff lol

4) Whenever something new comes out, we'll be quickly figuring that stuff out like new fishes

5) Guild House stuff. Idk the particulars but it's something to do.

6) Sharing pet hatches. It might be quicker to organize that stuff in game

7) Helping out with bosses and stuff. The things Mercenary groups did back in the day lol If you're down for the more difficult stuff that is like Rematch Battles... oh boy how do people do those exactly

8) Idk whatever you wanna do lol

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast