•  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

"Your First Impressions of Guilds!", Feedback Friday.

From the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/test...cee1f1b?page=1

Jul 22, 2:49 PM

Feedback Friday - Your First Impressions of Guilds

"It’s a fantastic Friday and a fiery conclusion to a great Test Realm week. We just introduced a major new feature, Guilds, to the community, so it’s time for your feedback!

We had a lot of fun designing the Guilds system and probably even more fun putting together our own guilds along the way, but we want to know what YOU think.

What’s your favorite thing about Guilds so far? What are the things that you’d like to see added or improved? We’re excited to hear your thoughts on all the Test Realm content for the upcoming Summer Update.

Have a fiery Friday folks!"

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea (aka Leah Ruben, your fearless Game Director!)

@Sparck @Eric Stormbringer @Ratbeard -- fyi.

Last edited by AluraMist; 7-22-22 at 8:53:46 PM. Reason: Added 'mentions'.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Legendary Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: "Your First Impressions of Guilds!", Feedback Friday.

When I think of "Guilds in MMORPGs", I envision a trading economy, raids, and an overarching theme of community. But what KingsIsle has provided us is nothing more than a glorified housing themed Adventure Party. We aren't being offered any new and useful utility with guilds, nor is an in-game economy being stimulated. KingsIsle, I'm tired of relying on unofficial and fluctuating Empowers as currency, just let us trade gold, spellements, reagents, gear, and housing items already for Cob's sake!

And although I recognize the difficulty involved when it comes to developing these things and the fact that KI has more in store for us, I'd rather wait another year for a proper Guilds update than eat whatever this half baked blob of dough is. Also, please remove the "11 online friends" requirement for forming a Guild, most Players probably don't have that many active friends anymore.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      “. . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.”

Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: "Your First Impressions of Guilds!", Feedback Friday.

I unlocked everything on the guild island, but we can buy reagents in test, in live I expect it will take months.

Battle keys are not yet in test, so could not try that.

Right now the guild is a glorified decorators club.

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My first impression of Guilds is very similar to those posted above -- collecting yet another set of reagents from farming more creatures only to unlock/craft items that are not unique or exciting, unlocking islands where we can do more battles or PvP and such isn't much of a draw for me. This new Azoth thing we need to acquire in the hundreds and thousands? Ugh.

To me, a Guild membership should allow us to help each other enjoy and progress through the game. Actual donation and/or trading of things that would benefit my fellow Guild Members, such as providing them with excess reagents, seeds, snacks, jewels, pets, and things of that nature. Those of us that don't mind harvesting, gardening and otherwise providing could support the others that enjoy farming for gear or items that they could then bring back to donate into a shared inventory system. Being able to tend a common Garden, or donate rare fish into the common Pond would be a lot of fun for me.

For me as a high level wizard, the draw of being in a Guild would be to act as a guide or mentor, while lower level wizards are obviously more interested in getting help. The one positive I saw in the Test Realm Guild interface was the Guild Messaging - an in-game ability to schedule meeting up with friends.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

PlayerNEntered is online now Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  'Patrick'
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fenris

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      My first impression of Guilds is very similar to those posted above -- collecting yet another set of reagents from farming more creatures only to unlock/craft items that are not unique or exciting, unlocking islands where we can do more battles or PvP and such isn't much of a draw for me. This new Azoth thing we need to acquire in the hundreds and thousands? Ugh.

To me, a Guild membership should allow us to help each other enjoy and progress through the game. Actual donation and/or trading of things that would benefit my fellow Guild Members, such as providing them with excess reagents, seeds, snacks, jewels, pets, and things of that nature. Those of us that don't mind harvesting, gardening and otherwise providing could support the others that enjoy farming for gear or items that they could then bring back to donate into a shared inventory system. Being able to tend a common Garden, or donate rare fish into the common Pond would be a lot of fun for me.

For me as a high level wizard, the draw of being in a Guild would be to act as a guide or mentor, while lower level wizards are obviously more interested in getting help. The one positive I saw in the Test Realm Guild interface was the Guild Messaging - an in-game ability to schedule meeting up with friends.

Trading should absolutely be a thing, if I get Storm drops or something I won't ever use, I can give it to a Storm wizard in the guild who will use it. I could give some of my tons of reagents to them without risking it being sniped in the Bazaar

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Arwen Mythweaver is offline Adept Wizard

• Arwen Mythweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alura Frostgiver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Colonel Ringo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Frosty Eye

Mood:
      Breezy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post

These are also my highest aspirations of which a guild can be. This a guild in which I would be proud to participate.

However, there can also be a dark side to a guild when it becomes a tool of exclusion.
      I saw a post on another thread here which compared the guilds to the middle school cliques that we all remember. He described a theoretical situation in which he woke up one morning only to find that the owner had kicked him out because wasn’t pretty enough or popular enough. He didn’t have enough gold keys.

I hope that this type of behavior wouldn’t happen here on Central. Nobody wants to be left behind. It’s a terrible feeling.

I apologize to the poster who used almost these exact words in another thread, but I can’t find you.
      ~All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us~

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Arwen Mythweaver View Post
      These are also my highest aspirations of which a guild can be. This a guild in which I would be proud to participate.

However, there can also be a dark side to a guild when it becomes a tool of exclusion.
      I saw a post on another thread here which compared the guilds to the middle school cliques that we all remember. He described a theoretical situation in which he woke up one morning only to find that the owner had kicked him out because wasn’t pretty enough or popular enough. He didn’t have enough gold keys.

I hope that this type of behavior wouldn’t happen here on Central. Nobody wants to be left behind. It’s a terrible feeling.

I apologize to the poster who used almost these exact words in another thread, but I can’t find you.

I remember reading that same post, but don't remember who posted it.

Sadly, with some of what we have seen in the past and how cruel some can be. It would not surprise me to see something very similar to that scenario happen. I hope it doesn't but we all know that potential is there.

The 30 "zzz" is one aspect that is going to cause this sort of thing. Many of do have a life to live and can't be in the game all the time. I have mentioned this in another post and it is something that needs to be adjusted.

Fallon WinterLeaf