Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Double Gardening was nerfed so that we would see it more often, so

Where is it?

A few years back, there was a major change made to the Double Gardening benefit. It used to double all of the seeds we would get. Players would use these benefits to turn their plots of, say, 10 Couch Potatoes, into 20. Or 20 into 40. And so on. Really useful. And then they took that part of the benefit away. Falmea explained, which you can read here that this was done as a trade-off for making the benefit more frequent. That the doubling of seeds was too harmful for them to continue doing so they had to change it. There was usually a long wait between Double Gardening benefits, which only appeared about 3 times a year. And when this controversial nerf took place, we did get Double Gardening much more frequently. We saw this benefit every 3 months, rather than every 4 or 5 months. There was also that time where we got Double Gardening right before September, when they cycle through every benefit, and then we got Double Gardening again like 2 weeks later.

This trend has not kept up. In fact, we've been seeing Double Gardening less often than we did before it was nerfed. After the nearly back-to-back Double Gardening benefits right after this nerf was announced, there was another one in early November of that year. The next one? Not until the end of July of the year after. That's a gap of 8 months, which is much wider than it was before the nerf. Though to be fair, there may had been one and nobody made a thread on it. The year after saw Double Gardening every 3 months.

But then there's this year. And I remember not getting Double Gardening, even once, since January 9th. Central has also gotten better at recording member benefits as they occur. This means that it has been six entire months with no Double Gardening. The double seeds was nerfed so we can see a more frequent occurrence of Double Gardening events. Now instead of every four months, it's every six months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what have we been getting for member benefits? Well, we get Double Pet XP every month. It sounds like it's way too common, but it is a vital benefit to bring back again and again because the pet training system in this game is a grindy RNG-fueled nightmare. You need to get lucky five different times in order to get the pet you want, not to mention the RNG involved in stats and pet body, or if you even get the correct talents in the pool or not. It's utterly horrendous and in fact, Double Pet XP should just be left on for everyone forever if they aren't willing to remedy this disaster.

Another common benefit that we've been seeing a ton of lately is free Training Point buyback. This is another benefit that is necessary only because of the ludicrous way Training Point buyback works. Other games that let you respec your character let you do so for their equivalent of Gold. Sure, it's a lot of gold, but it's a currency you can earn plenty of by playing the game. Not with Wizard101 though. For whatever stupid reason, it has always costed us Crowns to regain our Training Points. So that's two member benefits that we have to see all the time in order to address the horrible decisions that they refuse to change.

Then there is the Second Chance Chest benefit. I thought this one was also monthly, but apparently not. It's every 1.5-2 months. Anyway, this is basically one free run of a dungeon per day, which is incredibly underwhelming for an entire member benefit. You can use it to get multiple chests per day by farming multiple bosses but in order to do that you would need to farm things in a way that human players simply do not do. This is a waste of a benefit every time it comes up, and it comes up a lot.

And the last of the really common member benefits is Double Animus. Perhaps the one that gets the most flak. But Double Animus doesn't help mitigate a fundamentally flawed system, nor is it so unimpactful that it may as well not exist. You can argue how good Monstrology itself is, but if you're doing Monstrology stuff then this benefit is good. This benefit happens every 2 months, and I think that this is totally fine actually. In fact, all the other activity-based benefits should be brought up to par with this. The tl;dr of this entire thread is to give us Double Gardening every 2 months like we thought we would get back when it got nerfed. Six months (and who knows how much longer) between these benefits is absurd.

There are other member benefits yes but I'm not going over every single one of them.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 7-9-22 at 10:10:53 PM. Reason: I personally love forgetting to insert entire words into my post and not noticing it until after the fact

bluedreamer is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Double Gardening was nerfed so that we would see it more often, so

Fantastic post! It's something I have been thinking about lately, that they told us this benefit would happen more often after the changes and it has been appearing less and less. It appears even doubling reagents, snacks and TC is too good now.

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

they know pets make them the most money thats why its every month
      Wolf soulstalker 150 Alex nightshade 147 Valkoor Wild 150 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

numbly1980 is offline Adept Wizard

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

nobody posts about it because they either forgot about the benefit or they just don't care about it because it isn't a priority issue.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Sorry to say, but so many players complained about having TOO many seeds. It was even mentioned on this site:

Double Gardening announcement made from KI webiste - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite (wizard101central.com)

Here on this thread was proposed idea to have it still, but just not too often: Members Benefit! Page 3 - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite (wizard101central.com)

I would still like to see it come back to help the newer players out there. However, sometimes you get what you ask for.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

goldendragon18 is online now Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My grandson had started playing just before the Double Gardening was changed and the double seeds taken away. I had gifted him 2 CP and 2 EMPs to get him started.

He farmed in Ghrizz for weeks trying to get a couple more and hoped to double them during the Double Garden events. He was so disappointed with the changes he stopped farming and no longer gardens. He doesn't train pets either. He says he isn't going to waste the time training with the lower rank snacks. I don't blame him as I did at first use all the lower ranks I could get my hands on and I think the majority of the population did the same. Now those lower ranks are a source of additional gold if needed for hatching or buying other items

I have watched when we were both farming (with my newest Ice wizard on 3rd account) and it seems the drop rate for CPs has dropped in Ghrizz. Neither of us has been able to pick up any on any given day. We have not picked up pet training since. There is no point in doing it if players can't get the seeds needed for Mega Snacks.

Grandson went through 30k crowns trying to get just 1 Jewel blossom. The only thing he got, was he learned not to blow his crowns on useless packs. I could have stopped him, but this way he has learned to step back and think before doing it again. He was buying $10 gift cards but even those right now are not being bought. He says he is not going to waste any more money on the game which is fine since I pay his sub along with mine. He doesn't ask for those crowns items if he can't get them himself.

I would have gifted him a couple of the Jewel Blossoms if they were a crowns item but since they are tucked away in click bait packs, I don't even do it for myself. The ones I have, was gifted to me right after they came out in the packs but they seemed to be more readily available too. So with the Double Gardening I was able to increase them on my 2 main accounts for all 12 of those wizards. I may end up just un-subbing my 3 account and use it as strictly a TC holder.

I can use my main accounts to help my grandson level up if he chooses to continue. If not, I will remove the sub on it as well or at least until he decides to play again. I have no use for a 4th account nor do I have the time for an account that can't train pets or garden for mega snacks.

I don't do the Deckathalon, Beastmoon, PvP or the Scrolls. They don't interest me but I know others do. Gardening, Pet training and hatching and fishing along with questing is all I have time for and are all I am interested in.

NOTE: @Bailey Jade, what most who were complaining about having TOO MANY did not realize, is that if you had a newly hatched pet, all those extra seeds could be fed to those pets and usually, it would get them to TEEN fairly quickly. I used that option several times and I got a couple of pets to adult. At that point, I could hatch again if I didn't like the first 2 talents or keep going. Many times it has saved me from wasting Mega snacks on a new pet. Those extra seeds were actually very useful.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 7-9-22 at 2:28:22 PM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

There are more benefits than weeks in a month. Should be time that they consistently double up benefits on the weekends.

Novical is offline Magus Wizard

• Novical's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Michael Shadowleaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The double gardening nerf is part of KI's systematic way to push newer players or late gardeners into premium traps. I listed some other updates/changes they implemented that targeted the pet training system in a negative way with most not even being mentioned in the patch notes.

- Removal of low-level energy refill (2019 and keep in mind this was unchanged since the beginning of the game's inception)

- Hatching between mega pets being more expensive from kiosk changes (2020)

- No plant-a-palooza since 2020

- Removal of mega pet snack fishing (2022)

- Mega pet snack sales/bundles essentially every week to compensate

There are of course other things they have changed in order to artificially drive up the dollar to crown exchange rate such as withholding the bonus crown sale for almost 1-2 years in 2018 and offering less frequently currently than before 2018. In addition, the super crown sale aligned with the Christmas mystery coupon in the past. In theory, you could have bought 90k crowns for $40 if you got the 50% coupon but even with just 10% it's better than anything we get now. This changed in 2018 and has since disappeared from the face of the planet ever so discretely. Just verbalizing all these changes make me feel so repulsed by how KI is slowly poisoning the game and this is only focusing on only one facet of the game not including PVP, housing, etc which are undoubtedly intertwined with some if not all of these changes.

Novical~A Fancier Way of Saying Noob
      My profile pic is credited to Camilee, my avatar is credited to my sis, signature goes to Pet Central

Fluxx is offline Magus Wizard

• Fluxx's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane/Talon/Nicholas/Ronan/Daniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Boomer
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ghulture

Mood:
      Apelike

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was confused Double Reagents from bosses or plants. Seems that the fights I did gave extra. In the last days my "Farm" did not give double pet snacks or reagents.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      My grandson had started playing just before the Double Gardening was changed and the double seeds taken away. I had gifted him 2 CP and 2 EMPs to get him started.

He farmed in Ghrizz for weeks trying to get a couple more and hoped to double them during the Double Garden events. He was so disappointed with the changes he stopped farming and no longer gardens. He doesn't train pets either. He says he isn't going to waste the time training with the lower rank snacks. I don't blame him as I did at first use all the lower ranks I could get my hands on and I think the majority of the population did the same. Now those lower ranks are a source of additional gold if needed for hatching or buying other items

I have watched when we were both farming (with my newest Ice wizard on 3rd account) and it seems the drop rate for CPs has dropped in Ghrizz. Neither of us has been able to pick up any on any given day. We have not picked up pet training since. There is no point in doing it if players can't get the seeds needed for Mega Snacks.

Grandson went through 30k crowns trying to get just 1 Jewel blossom. The only thing he got, was he learned not to blow his crowns on useless packs. I could have stopped him, but this way he has learned to step back and think before doing it again. He was buying $10 gift cards but even those right now are not being bought. He says he is not going to waste any more money on the game which is fine since I pay his sub along with mine. He doesn't ask for those crowns items if he can't get them himself.

I would have gifted him a couple of the Jewel Blossoms if they were a crowns item but since they are tucked away in click bait packs, I don't even do it for myself. The ones I have, was gifted to me right after they came out in the packs but they seemed to be more readily available too. So with the Double Gardening I was able to increase them on my 2 main accounts for all 12 of those wizards. I may end up just un-subbing my 3 account and use it as strictly a TC holder.

I can use my main accounts to help my grandson level up if he chooses to continue. If not, I will remove the sub on it as well or at least until he decides to play again. I have no use for a 4th account nor do I have the time for an account that can't train pets or garden for mega snacks.

I don't do the Deckathalon, Beastmoon, PvP or the Scrolls. They don't interest me but I know others do. Gardening, Pet training and hatching and fishing along with questing is all I have time for and are all I am interested in.

NOTE: @Bailey Jade, what most who were complaining about having TOO MANY did not realize, is that if you had a newly hatched pet, all those extra seeds could be fed to those pets and usually, it would get them to TEEN fairly quickly. I used that option several times and I got a couple of pets to adult. At that point, I could hatch again if I didn't like the first 2 talents or keep going. Many times it has saved me from wasting Mega snacks on a new pet. Those extra seeds were actually very useful.
      If only the Inventory System had accommodated all of the rewards that the original Double Gardening provided. I was one of those who complained, mostly because we were being given far more than our Wizards could readily handle. We were constantly being told we had too much stuff in our backpacks and banks. AND it was right around then that we were told that our Attics could no longer overflow to the same extent they had been. Now, of course, we have elixirs and vaults, and we can process selling items much more quickly. The Member Benefits should have come AFTER these inventory updates. Harvesting on a high level wizard with a large garden was a nightmare of running to the Bazaar after every dozen seeds because backpack and banks were full. In hindsight, we should have just taken the pain and left well enough alone. That being said, I'm very sorry that they chose to "nerf" the benefit rather than implement the other fixes first.
      @Sparck - Jewel Seeds should be some of the items put into the Loyalty Store -- that would be a huge game changer for account holders like these members, rather than packs and cosmetic items.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast