----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Possible New Way People are Scamming

I just wanted to share this, so everyone knows.

Tonight, while questing on a baby wizard, that I just made. I put my girl as a friendly thinking I could help people if they needed. With a quint pet and decent gear on, just finishing up WC, I got this message from another players saying: Want 15 levels? It's only a pack. Playing stupid, I replied what is only a pack? It's in my wish-list. It cost 300 crowns, but best thing in life are never free. Thinking Oh boy! I just continue to play along

He then replied back Deal? Trying to add me as a friend, I kept denying it and continue to say to him, So, you want me to buy you a pack and what do I get out of this? 15 more levels, trying to add me again. I then asked him, and how would you do this? He replied, I would take you through some dungeons. You don't have to do any battles.

Now, trying to give him a hit, I said, So you want to power level me for a pack and I don't have to do anything. His reply was yes!

I simply said to him, Well let me tell you something about me. I have been playing for over 10 years, with 3 accounts 8 max wizards and I know few people who work for KI.

I think he went into panic mode because he said, you work for KI! At this point, I did not hear back from him.

I did not report this fellow, but wanted to share this. I think it is very sad, that something that is meant to help people, others are using this new system to whisper to other players to try to scam them and to warn others if anything is too good to be true, don't do it.
      @Sparck @Eric Stormbringer tagging you both so you know, what could possibly be a new way that players are scamming other players.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 5-7-22 at 2:07:54 PM. Reason: some wording was off.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Possible New Way People are Scamming

i have seen this years ago. usually these were mercs for hire in the game. not really a scam . At least back then as if you did gift them a pack or something they did help. As someone did this while i was questing with them. i think it was my balance in Celestia.

wouldn't hurt to report.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
      i have seen this years ago. usually these were mercs for hire in the game. not really a scam . At least back then as if you did gift them a pack or something they did help. As someone did this while i was questing with them. i think it was my balance in Celestia.

wouldn't hurt to report.
      I am unable to report being I logged out for the night. I know the Mercs helped people but was unaware they would ask for a pack. However, I really do not think this person had honest intention, being how fast he disappeared after I mention something.

Looking for a Hatch

Cosmos is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post

wouldn't hurt to report.
      I do think there is a difference though between a transaction and courtesy thank you. In any case, people should probably not be gifting packs to random strangers for advance "payment".
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

JaredSpellFrost is offline Legendary Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Question Re: Possible New Way People are Scamming

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      He then replied back Deal? Trying to add me as a friend, I kept denying it and continue to say to him, So, you want me to buy you a pack and what do I get out of this? 15 more levels, trying to add me again. I then asked him, and how would you do this? He replied, I would take you through Crimson Fields, Tree of Life and Nastrond. I would take you through dungeons. You don't have to do any battles.
      I'll be honest, this doesn't sound like a scam to me. Power leveling via those dungeons isn't unheard of, and this Player seems like they were trying to get a Pack for the service of leveling your wizard up. I wouldn't call that a scam, but the terms of this deal should for sure be laid out beforehand. Checking whether you've done these dungeons before, only paying once the job is done, and determining what Pack you'd gift them are things this mercenary should do before any accord is struck.

Now if this Player hadn't help up their end of the bargain, I'd 100% call that a scam. But from my perspective, this seems like a Player who thought they could get an easy Pack by power leveling a Wizard they found.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      I'll be honest, this doesn't sound like a scam to me. Power leveling via those dungeons isn't unheard of, and this Player seems like they were trying to get a Pack for the service of leveling your wizard up. I wouldn't call that a scam, but the terms of this deal should for sure be laid out beforehand. Checking whether you've done these dungeons before, only paying once the job is done, and determining what Pack you'd gift them are things this mercenary should do before any accord is struck.

Now if this Player hadn't help up their end of the bargain, I'd 100% call that a scam. But from my perspective, this seems like a Player who thought they could get an easy Pack by power leveling a Wizard they found.

As I said, possible scam. As, I was going through this, he seemed pushy with in wanting to add me. I have been scammed once long ago out of 5 packs for a pet, a hatch I never got. I can see adding him, gifting him a pack getting to the destination and as her runs to talk to someone, the points never happen. Better yet, never make to the dungeon.

More so, this design of being a friendly player was meant to help people. It just shows, that people possibly could get scammed by other players through this new system that was meant to be helpful.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 5-7-22 at 6:20:15 AM.

Looking for a Hatch

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      As I said, possible scam. As, I was going through this, he seemed pushy with in wanting to add me. I have been scammed once long ago out of 5 packs for a pet, a hatch I never got. I can see adding him, gifting him a pack getting to the destination and as her runs to talk to someone, the points never happen. Better yet, never make to the dungeon.

More so, this design of being a friendly player was meant to help people. It just shows, that people possibly could get scammed by other players through this new system that was meant to be helpful.
      I agree with you that it would be an easy way of scamming players. It would be easy for you to buy him the pack and have him disappear. You should have messaged him back that you would gift him ONLY after he powered you up; that you didn't pay for services not rendered. Then see what he had to say about that. That'd put the shoe on the other foot. LOL
      +

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Greenflame View Post
      I agree with you that it would be an easy way of scamming players. It would be easy for you to buy him the pack and have him disappear. You should have messaged him back that you would gift him ONLY after he powered you up; that you didn't pay for services not rendered. Then see what he had to say about that. That'd put the shoe on the other foot. LOL
      +
      Your right, I should have played it out a little more. I was getting too tired after being up for 18 hours. Not sure why I woke up so early today lol
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 5-7-22 at 7:17:10 AM.

Looking for a Hatch

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

But imagine if you were a child. Remember that while certainly not the majority, there's still many kids (before even being a teenager) who play this game and are often wandering about in the spiral just for fun and wanting to be a part in people's businesses again for the fun of it. As adults, we see this more as a transaction that is extremely risky but as a child, we wouldn't know any better. We don't fully grasp the concept of the value of packs, or even the value of crowns, or even what "power leveling" is in the first place. While I may give the benefit of the doubt to young teens, I'm reasonably skeptical that young kids understand this situation well enough to do conscious decision making like they would say yes because they believe an Adult said it so it must be good or they're saying yes because it's something new regardless of whatever the situation is. Taking crowns through packs from children who do not know any better regardless of what the situation is or how legitimate it is, is and should always be wrong.

I do think this is reportable because if we're allowing these types of children vulnerable interactions to continue, it will only get worse and that is something we need to avoid as a community. As adults, to the bare minimum as reasonable human beings, we need to prevent potentially dangerous circumstances from being encountered by younger players and its a responsibility no matter what we're doing to teach those players to identify those situations and act accordingly under knowledge. Realistically, we cannot get across this to all children and explain what's going on (children don't go on forums, or read any of Ki's warnings, or be expected to read anything in the game whatsoever), maybe it should be the case that situations like these should be punishable across the board. Well at least something one should report for Ki to figure it out through communicating with that player's parents/guardian through emails...

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      But imagine if you were a child. Remember that while certainly not the majority, there's still many kids (before even being a teenager) who play this game and are often wandering about in the spiral just for fun and wanting to be a part in people's businesses again for the fun of it. As adults, we see this more as a transaction that is extremely risky but as a child, we wouldn't know any better. We don't fully grasp the concept of the value of packs, or even the value of crowns, or even what "power leveling" is in the first place. While I may give the benefit of the doubt to young teens, I'm reasonably skeptical that young kids understand this situation well enough to do conscious decision making like they would say yes because they believe an Adult said it so it must be good or they're saying yes because it's something new regardless of whatever the situation is. Taking crowns through packs from children who do not know any better regardless of what the situation is or how legitimate it is, is and should always be wrong.

I do think this is reportable because if we're allowing these types of children vulnerable interactions to continue, it will only get worse and that is something we need to avoid as a community. As adults, to the bare minimum as reasonable human beings, we need to prevent potentially dangerous circumstances from being encountered by younger players and its a responsibility no matter what we're doing to teach those players to identify those situations and act accordingly under knowledge. Realistically, we cannot get across this to all children and explain what's going on (children don't go on forums, or read any of Ki's warnings, or be expected to read anything in the game whatsoever), maybe it should be the case that situations like these should be punishable across the board. Well at least something one should report for Ki to figure it out through communicating with that player's parents/guardian through emails...
      I agree to a point. It's not a matter being a kid not knowing any better and a adult knowing better. I was adult when it happened to me. I just did not know enough about the game and was naive to people who would scam. Most that do this, I am betting that they are teens to young adults taking advantage of new players, who could be young or old. The only difference is it might happen more to younger people than adults, but it can happen to those who are elderly as well. I just wanted to share my experience with other players, so they can be aware that this might be a new way, through friendly player.

I do recall the player being in 30's as level goes, as he was trying to add me multiple times.

Looking for a Hatch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast