----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Beastmoon Seeds Spellements

It's been a few weeks since I gardened Beastmoon seeds, saving up for when they would be worth Scroll points. But I always used to get either a spellement or a recipe whenever I harvested a school specific plant.

I just harvested some Beastmoon plants. 2 were spirit moonseeds, and they each gave me a life and a death moonseed and some thread. Then I harvested a death moonseed and got 2 idols and some thread and coins, and nothing else. No seed of any kind, and no spellement.

Then I harvested 3 Beastmoon seeds, and got some spirit and elemental seeds, a balance seed, thread, coins and a hasty harvest.

I have as many as 40 spellements for a given spell, mostly through gardening. And while I'm not all that fond of spellements to begin with, in the interest of being thorough as long as I've got that many I want to go ahead and get the upgrade.

Bad enough when they increased the crafting cost from 2 to 3 stones for a seed so that seeds are no longer self sustaining, and did away with TCs from gardening (except for an occasional hasty harvest) but now they've messed with one of the few remaining reasons for gardening moonseeds in the first place.

We get a beastmoon seed per match. Harvest a seed for 1 or 2 spirit/elemental stones. 3 stones to craft a spirit/elemental seed, which yield 2 school specific stones (not the same school, however), needing 3 stones to craft a school specific seed, which yield a couple of idols. No spellements unless you WIN a match.

So, 9 Matches give enough stones to craft maybe 6 seeds which when harvested yield enough stones (12) to craft 4 seeds (if you get the right mix of schools) which yield 8 idols. Oh, and you get some battle coins along the way. But NO spellements.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 6-16-21 at 10:46:27 AM.

Torpzun26 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Seeds Spellements

With a lack of Spellements (AND TCs) from school seeds as well as Meleager being removed from the game, there is no reason to play Monster Mayhem. There are not enough rewards for the frustration that comes with this event. @Sparck said that Meleager is coming back eventually, can he say the same for the drops from the School Beastmoon Seeds?

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

as a general rule that began when the game first begun is this. when people start to play more on something KI cuts the rewards. when people stop or slow down on playing an item KI increases the rewards. Since this is very popular KI will now start skimping on the rewards or even the vendor.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've been playing for a few days now, and I've made a few discoveries:

-Even though I've won several matches, I did not get any spellement drops from matches. The only spellements I got were for the top reward (500 point).

-Nor did I get any Moongold Dust, other than off the rewards table.

-And they "FORGOT to add" Meleager to this event.

First they dangle Spellements in front of us. I got about halfway to being able to upgrade the spells from gardening, then they stop giving spellements for gardening, and stop dropping spellements in a battle like they did in regular beastmoon. Sure, there's a recipe for them, but they stopped dropping the main ingredient. Which I am saving up for gold idol recipes anyhow, if they ever give new recipes instead of repeating the same few recipes over and over again ad nauseam.

KI seems to be forcing players into their vision of what should be instead of giving us players what WE want. How else can you explain Photomancy and Play as Pet. Nobody seemed to care about them, so KI forces us to use them in mainline quests in Karamelle. What players do seem interested in, like spellements, they give us a taste and then take it away by making it impossible to get. Really, how long will it take to get enough spellements (75) by crafting them at 6 per month, because you can only get moongold dust off the rewards table.

At the same time, they push out new bug-filled content but can't seem to fix existing bugs that were reported last year, like the Mayhem and Karamelle badge bugs.

Does this make sense to you - They give gold idols as the top reward in regular beastmoon, and a spellement for winning a match. And in mayhem they give spellements as the top reward and a (non-gold) idol for winning a match. And runes for winning a battle. Instead of letting us pick which events we participate in, we have to play in them all.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      KI seems to be forcing players into their vision of what should be instead of giving us players what WE want. How else can you explain Photomancy and Play as Pet. Nobody seemed to care about them, so KI forces us to use them in mainline quests in Karamelle. What players do seem interested in, like spellements, they give us a taste and then take it away by making it impossible to get. Really, how long will it take to get enough spellements (75) by crafting them at 6 per month, because you can only get moongold dust off the rewards table.

At the same time, they push out new bug-filled content but can't seem to fix existing bugs that were reported last year, like the Mayhem and Karamelle badge bugs.

Does this make sense to you - They give gold idols as the top reward in regular beastmoon, and a spellement for winning a match. And in mayhem they give spellements as the top reward and a (non-gold) idol for winning a match. And runes for winning a battle. Instead of letting us pick which events we participate in, we have to play in them all.
      Ultimately, it's THEIR game, not ours. If they provide something that players don't find appealing, all we can do is avoid it or send feedback.

I'm avoiding Beastmoon at the moment.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Good* news, I have gotten a Spellement from a school seed.

Now, I only got one from those three seeds. Other wizards haven't gotten any from their harvests. So it seems like it is still possible to get Spellements this way, it's just no longer guaranteed one per school seed. The bad news is that this means that this rules out the possibility of this change being a bug. I was optimistic and hoping it was just a bug that prevented these seeds from dropping Spellements and TCs that weren't Hasty Harvest.

This is a terrible change. When these new Spellements were debuted in the Spring update, one thing I kept insisting upon is that even with the one guaranteed Spellement per plant, we were not receiving enough Spellements in order to upgrade these spells in a timely manner. You need 685 Spellements in order to fully upgrade one of these spells and the Spellement drop is randomized between eight different possible spellements (14 if you plant Balance seeds). You would need to plant and harvest thousands of school seeds in order to fully upgrade the spell you want, with the silver lining being that you would also have enough Spellements to fully upgrade several other spells that you weren't interested in in the first place. With the limited amount of Beastmoon Planters and the growing speeds of the school seeds, you can only harvest these plants 3, maybe 6 if you plant early in the morning and check again in the evening, times per day. This means that you get 3-6 Spellements a day and those Spellements are randomized so that you might not even get the ones you want. I tried to calculate the negative binomial probability of this but I dunno how to do this myself and all the calculators I could find ended up screaming at me about the number of successes (685!) being too high. But if there were only 200 Spellements to fully upgrade a spell, then you would be looking at needing to harvest school seeds peaks at around 1,600 times in order to fully upgrade that spell. So I imagine the real number is going to be somewhere around 5,480 since that's what 685*8 is. If I'm being generous and presuming that you harvest 6 seeds a day AND have enough Moonstones to craft all of these seeds, then it would take you 2.5 years to fully upgrade these spells. Of course with real life getting in the way of getting 6 harvests every single day nonstop and the need to stop and plant other seeds in order to get more Moonstones, this process will more realistically take over 5 years to complete. Did I really go on a wild goose chase just to give up and do simple multiplication instead.

And then they made it worse. At least with the above method, despite it being way too grindy, at least you knew that you would eventually get your spells fully upgraded some time before 2025 (I PUT THIS AS A JOKE BUT THEN I WENT BACK WITH SOME MATH AND 2025 IS ACTUALLY NOT ENOUGH TIME TO FULLY UPGRADE THESE SPELLS UNDER THIS SYSTEM). But now those Spellements are no longer guaranteed, and the chance of receiving one from a school seed is so low that it took us this long to realize it was still actually possible. In a hundred years (pretend this game is still around in 2121), you will still not have fully upgraded these spells. That's how bad this change is. I'm ignoring the Spellements you get from winning Mayhems because even if you have a good team that wins consistently, the drop rate for Spellements there is also very low and randomized, so they aren't going to provide much.

There's making things grindy to give us things to do between major updates, and then there's, well, THIS. This isn't a fun grind, it's just soulless checking upon plants on a daily basis until your Golem spells do slightly more damage. And it won't happen until you repeat this, daily, every day, 7 days a week, for several years.

This would be my proposed fix for this system:
      • Condense the Spellement path to three tiers (75, 115, 190). This means you only need to spend 380 Spellements to fully upgrade the spell, almost half of what you currently need. It also makes the upgrade between each tier look more impactful; one of the criticisms I saw for these Spellement tiers was that each upgrade barely added anything.
      • Return the guaranteed Spellement drop for school seeds. In addition to this, each school seed should have a high chance (like 33%-50%) of dropping an additional Spellement of the same exact school as the seed is. So if you harvest a Death seed, the bonus Spellement could be for the new Red Ghost or the Death Golem spell.
      • Each win in the Beastmoon Monster Mayhem has a guaranteed Spellement drop, with the randomized Spellement being influenced by which version of the Mayhem is up. For example, in the Elemental version of the Mayhem, it could be a 55% chance of being a Spellement from an Elemental school, 30% for Balance, and 15% for Spirit. Swap the 55% and 15% for the Spirit version of the Mayhem.
      • Include Beastmoon Hunt in this. You get a guaranteed Spellement drop for winning. A 25% chance of getting a Spellement of the same school as the Beastform you are when the match is finished, and a 12.5% chance for each other school.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 6-21-21 at 12:24:05 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      That's how bad this change is. I'm ignoring the Spellements you get from winning Mayhems because even if you have a good team that wins consistently, the drop rate for Spellements there is also very low and randomized, so they aren't going to provide much.
      I'll accept that, maybe, spellements are a VERY RARE drop in Mayhem or gardening. But I'll repeat what I said - In about a dozen wins this time 'round, I got 0 spellements, but did get 1 non-gold Idol per win. In the regular Beastmoon a few weeks ago I would get 1 spellement per win (And how come they don't show end of match drops in Mayhem like they do in regular Beastmoon?)

Of course, back then I was still getting spellements from gardening. If they took away the one, it wouldn't surprise me if they took away the other. too.

And I still can't believe that with everything else they took away, they 'FORGOT' to add Meleager to this month's Mayhem. (That's what @Sparck said in a another thread.) And what did they do when players complained? "So sorry. We'll see what we can do." Which turned out be NOTHING. We just have to live with it, and hope they don't FORGET him again next month.

And, @Willowdreamer, ultimately they won't have this game if they upset enough people so that they go elsewhere to play. That's why I'm so vociferous on these matters. Since I am pay to play, not a member, this is the only way I can voice my feedback. But then, non-members are second-class citizens to begin with, so do they even care about what I say? I think not. They don't even respond anymore when I post complaints about not having fixed the Karamelle badge bugs from last year.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I noticed this morning (Thusday, the 23rd) that they patched in something when I logged in. And when I harvested 2 storm moon seeds today they both gave me spellements.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm also getting a guaranteed Spellement drop with each harvest once again. In addition to this, the crafting recipes have been updated to give 5 Spellements per craft, though the crafting interface is a bit stealthy about this. Thanks to @Eric Stormbringer for hinting at this, even if Twitter didn't wanna notify me about your reply.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood: