• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Jerbear155's Avatar
        Jerbear155 is offline Novice Wizard

      • Jerbear155's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Moonmancer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      Status: Trying to play Wiz again.
       
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      3
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      8
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      30.50

      Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Hi guys,

      I'm returning to the wizard101 community after a long break, since like 2017 or 2018.
      I've mostly been busy with university and thus, haven't been home to play video games as I would usually love to.
      Three days ago, I tried to log into wizard101 only to find that my account had been permabanned, and my other two accounts essentially permamuted.

      I contacted kingsisle support to report a compromised account. They got back to me very quickly, I gave them all the information they needed to conduct an investigation. I had already started to be a little suspicious of the incident because my step-brother had been playing the game during the same date from which kingsisle sent me a transcript of an email communication with the account's old email address where someone had written in to complain about the account being banned, and it showed the reason why the account had been banned(lots of explicit/inappropriate language that I will not share here). But he had assured me he was playing on his original account again.


      Kingsisle got back to me with the results of the investigation the next day, and said it had been only accessed from the same home computer. That's when I realized that he had been playing on my accounts for at least a couple months before the account got banned.

      I confronted him about it and showed him the email, he confessed that he got bored during covid and wanted to try out wiz again. He knew I had most of the bundles, and a lot of rare items as well as good wizards, and so he found my notepad on this family pc that had info for various different games, emails and otherwise and logged in and started leveling up some wizards until one of the accounts got banned and stopped playing. I have been very very upset, not only potentially losing such a valuable wizard101 account, but also to lose all faith in someone I love dearly. I waited 2 days to make this post to cool my head, but I still feel sick in my stomach as I write this. It feels so unfair but I understand regardless of who accesses my account(s), that I am responsible for it and its violations of kingsisle's terms of use.


      I am looking for my account's permanent ban to be converted into a permanent mute instead, like my other two accounts.


      It doesn't really make sense to ban one account and mute two account's that belong to the same person anyway.
      For the record, I have NEVER given my accounts' info to anyone, or allowed anyone to play on my accounts. He accessed my information by searching through our family pc here at home.

      I hate sounding vain, but i've been part of the kingsisle communities for about a decade, have invested a lot of time and money into this game - i've probably spent at least $5000 on this game as well as pirate101 since I began playing wizard101 in 2010 or so.
      I've played pirate101 since it was released in 2012, became quite well known in the pirate community as the co-leader of Team Envy during the height of the game. Our group and youtube channel were featured in Kingsisle's official Pirate101 newsletter in March of 2014. Until the game stopped receiving proper updates, we continuously helped build a community within the game and promoted kingsisle games via youtube. I have invested so many years into wizard101 and pirate101 and to come back to something like this is heartbreaking for me.
      I would like to think that my history is a testament to my love and dedication for both wizard101 and pirate101's communities and showcases that it would never be my intention to allow for anyone to be hurt by or exposed to abhorrent language via my accounts.

      I would also like to believe, that as a decade-long member of the community in which I have dedicated years of time, hundreds of crown purchases, helped build a community on pirate101 and promoted their games via youtube - that at the very least, my account's permanent ban can be converted to a permanent mute instead. I have no history of any punishments and since the offensives that were made on the account were text chat related, I feel it would be much more fair to have a permanent mute than a permanent ban.

      I'm very sorry for what was done in my name, and was disgusted by the language I read in the transcript from kingsisle support. It was never my intention for anyone to be exposed to, or have to tolerate that sort of language and behavior. It is unacceptable.
      I believe he had many correspondences with kingsisle support and impersonated me on wizard101 central which is quite obvious because the account was made around the time he started playing on my accounts last fall, whereas this account is several years old. I read through some of the posts he made, mostly about questions and suggestions. However, he did also make a post feigning that his "family and friend's" accounts had been hacked and permanently banned or muted until 2091, which in reality were banned and muted because of his own actions, and are my accounts - not family or friend's. He also had a private message with someone named Spark complaining a bit aggressively about the bans, I assume he's some sort of kingsisle employee or associate and so i'm very sorry about that.

      So to conclude, I am looking for help from a kingsisle employee to review this thread and get my account's permanent ban converted into a permanent mute instead. I would just really love to play this game again, as it has been so long. I miss it quite dearly and have absolutely no issue with a permanent mute, because I feel quite guilty for allowing this to happen. I had read about all the new updates since I last played, which got me wanting to play again. Main thing I was looking forward to when coming back were the graphic updates.
      I have given nothing but love and dedication to the wizard101 and pirate101 communities since I first began playing as a kid.
      So here's to hoping a kingsisle employee can help a veteran player get back to playing and making an absurd amount of crown purchases again!

      I would appreciate any help in this matter and thanks for reading this.

    2. #2
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      17,117
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      19567
      Thanks (Received)
      26115
      Gold
      9,852.50

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Gosh, this sounds like quite a tough thing to have to deal with. @Sparck is the Kingsisle Community Manager, and frequently checks in here at Central. Hopefully there is some way forward to getting your main account back to you - please email him at [email protected] if you haven't already.

      Congratulations on getting through university, which can be very tough as well!

      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    3. #3
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      3,657
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2790
      Thanks (Received)
      2971
      Gold
      738.00

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      This is the problem with sharing one account with multiple people, people you cannot trust to just be cool and not start suspicious incidents that can endanger the account itself. I'm hoping Kingsisle can give you a second chance, they have the ability to un-ban accounts after all. Especially given that it's been several years after the incident and that it doesn't exactly have to do with you specifically (not that it should mean anything as you years ago shouldn't reflect you now), I think there's light at the end of the tunnel.

      However, I would suggest changing the password and making sure from now on, the only individual that's on the account is you.

      Also Perma-mute is not at all fun, I think you should really try to get you entire account back since you're clearly over 18 years old and you can just promise to adhere to terms of conditions. Communication during the game is key
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 6-16-21 at 9:29:39 AM.

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    4. #4
      JaredSpellFrost's Avatar
        JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore
      Status: Frosty
       
      Mood:
      Cold
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      3,345
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3663
      Thanks (Received)
      5750
      Gold
      7,446.50

      Arrow Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Wow, what a terrible situation to be stuck in.. It really makes me question KingsIsle's account sharing rules. I've never heard of KingsIsle unbanning a shared account, but willingly submitting to a permamute is a creative idea I hope they'll accept. Just be prepared for the brutal reality that your accounts aren't returned to you, since knowing KingsIsle they likely won't budge.


      Congrats on graduating!



      "Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.




    5. #5
      Jerbear155's Avatar
        Jerbear155 is offline Novice Wizard

      • Jerbear155's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Moonmancer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      Status: Trying to play Wiz again.
       
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      3
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      8
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      30.50

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Gosh, this sounds like quite a tough thing to have to deal with. @Sparck is the Kingsisle Community Manager, and frequently checks in here at Central. Hopefully there is some way forward to getting your main account back to you - please email him at [email protected] if you haven't already.

      Congratulations on getting through university, which can be very tough as well!


      Thanks. I also spoke with Ratbeard who told me to email him at [email protected]. I sent an email two days ago and haven't gotten a reply. I also was able to get into contact with another KI employee who talked me with me about my issue and put in a request for the higher ups to look into my situation. I honestly thought this thread hadn't been allowed to be posted or something because it took 3 days for it to be put up. Sorry for the late response!

      How long should I expect to wait for a reply from that email address? It's been 2 days now.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 6-20-21 at 7:38:18 AM. Reason: asterisks

    6. #6
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      17,117
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      19567
      Thanks (Received)
      26115
      Gold
      9,852.50

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear155 View Post
      Thanks. I also spoke with Ratbeard who told me to email him at [email protected]. I sent an email two days ago and haven't gotten a reply. I also was able to get into contact with another KI employee who talked me with me about my issue and put in a request for the higher ups to look into my situation. I honestly thought this thread hadn't been allowed to be posted or something because it took 3 days for it to be put up. Sorry for the late response!

      How long should I expect to wait for a reply from that email address? It's been 2 days now.
      I'm afraid we usually don't see very swift action over holidays and weekends, and sometimes it takes persistence and patience to resolve a complicated situation. I'd given them until Tuesday or so before emailing again. It's different from sending in a Support Ticket, you don't get any automatic replies.



      (By the way, sometimes new members who don't have a lot of posts will get auto-moderated as a safety precaution against vandals. Feel free to send a Private Message if one of your posts doesn't appear by the end of the next day.)
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    7. #7
      Oxnhorse's Avatar
        Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

      • Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor
      Status: Sorry I can't enter game
       
      Mood:
      Sporty
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      1,047
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2274
      Thanks (Received)
      589
      Gold
      296.88
      Blog Entries
      6

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear155 View Post
      Hi guys,

      I'm returning to the wizard101 community after a long break, since like 2017 or 2018.
      I've mostly been busy with university and thus, haven't been home to play video games as I would usually love to.
      Three days ago, I tried to log into wizard101 only to find that my account had been permabanned, and my other two accounts essentially permamuted.

      I contacted kingsisle support to report a compromised account. They got back to me very quickly, I gave them all the information they needed to conduct an investigation. I had already started to be a little suspicious of the incident because my step-brother had been playing the game during the same date from which kingsisle sent me a transcript of an email communication with the account's old email address where someone had written in to complain about the account being banned, and it showed the reason why the account had been banned(lots of explicit/inappropriate language that I will not share here). But he had assured me he was playing on his original account again.

      Kingsisle got back to me with the results of the investigation the next day, and said it had been only accessed from the same home computer. That's when I realized that he had been playing on my accounts for at least a couple months before the account got banned.

      I confronted him about it and showed him the email, he confessed that he got bored during covid and wanted to try out wiz again. He knew I had most of the bundles, and a lot of rare items as well as good wizards, and so he found my notepad on this family pc that had info for various different games, emails and otherwise and logged in and started leveling up some wizards until one of the accounts got banned and stopped playing. I have been very very upset, not only potentially losing such a valuable wizard101 account, but also to lose all faith in someone I love dearly. I waited 2 days to make this post to cool my head, but I still feel sick in my stomach as I write this. It feels so unfair but I understand regardless of who accesses my account(s), that I am responsible for it and its violations of kingsisle's terms of use.

      I am looking for my account's permanent ban to be converted into a permanent mute instead, like my other two accounts.

      It doesn't really make sense to ban one account and mute two account's that belong to the same person anyway.
      For the record, I have NEVER given my accounts' info to anyone, or allowed anyone to play on my accounts. He accessed my information by searching through our family pc here at home.

      I hate sounding vain, but i've been part of the kingsisle communities for about a decade, have invested a lot of time and money into this game - i've probably spent at least $5000 on this game as well as pirate101 since I began playing wizard101 in 2010 or so.
      I've played pirate101 since it was released in 2012, became quite well known in the pirate community as the co-leader of Team Envy during the height of the game. Our group and youtube channel were featured in Kingsisle's official Pirate101 newsletter in March of 2014. Until the game stopped receiving proper updates, we continuously helped build a community within the game and promoted kingsisle games via youtube. I have invested so many years into wizard101 and pirate101 and to come back to something like this is heartbreaking for me.
      I would like to think that my history is a testament to my love and dedication for both wizard101 and pirate101's communities and showcases that it would never be my intention to allow for anyone to be hurt by or exposed to abhorrent language via my accounts.

      I would also like to believe, that as a decade-long member of the community in which I have dedicated years of time, hundreds of crown purchases, helped build a community on pirate101 and promoted their games via youtube - that at the very least, my account's permanent ban can be converted to a permanent mute instead. I have no history of any punishments and since the offensives that were made on the account were text chat related, I feel it would be much more fair to have a permanent mute than a permanent ban.

      I'm very sorry for what was done in my name, and was disgusted by the language I read in the transcript from kingsisle support. It was never my intention for anyone to be exposed to, or have to tolerate that sort of language and behavior. It is unacceptable.
      I believe he had many correspondences with kingsisle support and impersonated me on wizard101 central which is quite obvious because the account was made around the time he started playing on my accounts last fall, whereas this account is several years old. I read through some of the posts he made, mostly about questions and suggestions. However, he did also make a post feigning that his "family and friend's" accounts had been hacked and permanently banned or muted until 2091, which in reality were banned and muted because of his own actions, and are my accounts - not family or friend's. He also had a private message with someone named Spark complaining a bit aggressively about the bans, I assume he's some sort of kingsisle employee or associate and so i'm very sorry about that.

      So to conclude, I am looking for help from a kingsisle employee to review this thread and get my account's permanent ban converted into a permanent mute instead. I would just really love to play this game again, as it has been so long. I miss it quite dearly and have absolutely no issue with a permanent mute, because I feel quite guilty for allowing this to happen. I had read about all the new updates since I last played, which got me wanting to play again. Main thing I was looking forward to when coming back were the graphic updates.

      I have given nothing but love and dedication to the wizard101 and pirate101 communities since I first began playing as a kid.
      So here's to hoping a kingsisle employee can help a veteran player get back to playing and making an absurd amount of crown purchases again!

      I would appreciate any help in this matter and thanks for reading this.
      @Sparck, @Eric Stormbringer: Can either one of you help him out?

      Oxnhorse

    8. #8
      Jerbear155's Avatar
        Jerbear155 is offline Novice Wizard

      • Jerbear155's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Moonmancer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      Status: Trying to play Wiz again.
       
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      3
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      8
      Thanks (Received)
      6
      Gold
      30.50

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      This is the problem with sharing one account with multiple people, people you cannot trust to just be cool and not start suspicious incidents that can endanger the account itself. I'm hoping Kingsisle can give you a second chance, they have the ability to un-ban accounts after all. Especially given that it's been several years after the incident and that it doesn't exactly have to do with you specifically (not that it should mean anything as you years ago shouldn't reflect you now), I think there's light at the end of the tunnel.

      However, I would suggest changing the password and making sure from now on, the only individual that's on the account is you.

      Also Perma-mute is not at all fun, I think you should really try to get you entire account back since you're clearly over 18 years old and you can just promise to adhere to terms of conditions. Communication during the game is key

      Well, I didn't share my account with him. He found my information on the family PC here at the family house. I had been studying abroad in Germany until covid-19 forced everyone to come home cuz that's where we're from. But I decided to live with friends since it was something I was looking to do for a long time in college, and did that until the end of last semester and came home. So until a week and a half ago, there's really nothing I could've done to know about it. I just hope that the fact that I never intended to give him access to my account, as well as the fact that my account had ZERO sanctions in its history since like 2009 or 2010, whenever I started playing, that Kingsisle will show some mercy and just permanently mute my account instead since regardless of who accesses the account, the account's verbal actions violated Kingsisle's TOS. That's why i'm asking for a permanent mute instead of a permanent ban, because it's still my fault at the end of the day but given the following circumstances, I believe a permanent mute would be much more fair and in line with the account's history and actions, than a permanent ban when there is no history of some long-term mute and/or suspension on my account.

      1. I have played this game for over a decade.
      2. I have contributed to content creation and the promotion of Kingsisle's games.
      3. I had a clean history with no mutes/suspensions/bans on any of my accounts before this.
      4. It was never my intention to allow for him to access my account, nor did I deliberately give him my account info.
      5. I have given over $5000 to Kingsisle in the past decade.
      6. There is no risk of the violations(which were solely text-chat related) to be committed again if the account is just simply permanently muted instead and if I wanted to avoid the mute, I would just make a noob account instead like many other players do who are genuinely toxic. But me, I just want to play on my account again. I don't care about texting really, I vc with friends when we play together.
      7. My other wizard101 account, as well as my pirate101 account are already muted until 2091. So since i'm continuing to be able to play this game on those accounts with mutes, I don't see why it can not be the same for this account.

    9. #9
      Shadow Slayer's Avatar
        Shadow Slayer is offline Legendary Wizard
      Status: Don't Need Family
       
      Mood:
      At Work
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      4,597
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      4228
      Thanks (Received)
      3644
      Gold
      139.80

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Sounds like it was your step-brother who "hacked" into your accounts and got your accounts messed up. Nothing you can really do about that because he hacked your accounts, broke the rules and got your accounts banned or muted, sounds really messed up to be honest. You're probably gonna have to make new accounts and start fresh without people snooping around for your information just to "try out wiz again" because if that's what he wanted then he could have just made a new account. Sorry though



      Joseph IceStrider-Level 140 Ice~Angel-Level 140 Death ~Angel Level 140 Storm~

    10. #10
        richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Lurking
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      646
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      13
      Thanks (Received)
      989
      Gold
      1,314.50

      Re: Returning to W101 only to find my account has been permabanned.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear155 View Post
      Well, I didn't share my account with him. He found my information on the family PC here at the family house. I had been studying abroad in Germany until covid-19 forced everyone to come home cuz that's where we're from. But I decided to live with friends since it was something I was looking to do for a long time in college, and did that until the end of last semester and came home. So until a week and a half ago, there's really nothing I could've done to know about it. I just hope that the fact that I never intended to give him access to my account, as well as the fact that my account had ZERO sanctions in its history since like 2009 or 2010, whenever I started playing, that Kingsisle will show some mercy and just permanently mute my account instead since regardless of who accesses the account, the account's verbal actions violated Kingsisle's TOS. That's why i'm asking for a permanent mute instead of a permanent ban, because it's still my fault at the end of the day but given the following circumstances, I believe a permanent mute would be much more fair and in line with the account's history and actions, than a permanent ban when there is no history of some long-term mute and/or suspension on my account.

      1. I have played this game for over a decade.
      2. I have contributed to content creation and the promotion of Kingsisle's games.
      3. I had a clean history with no mutes/suspensions/bans on any of my accounts before this.
      4. It was never my intention to allow for him to access my account, nor did I deliberately give him my account info.
      5. I have given over $5000 to Kingsisle in the past decade.
      6. There is no risk of the violations(which were solely text-chat related) to be committed again if the account is just simply permanently muted instead and if I wanted to avoid the mute, I would just make a noob account instead like many other players do who are genuinely toxic. But me, I just want to play on my account again. I don't care about texting really, I vc with friends when we play together.
      7. My other wizard101 account, as well as my pirate101 account are already muted until 2091. So since i'm continuing to be able to play this game on those accounts with mutes, I don't see why it can not be the same for this account.

      Generally speaking, bans are not due to bad language, but to other rules violations (unless it goes in weird directions; like making it feels the guy is some kind of predator looking for a hit IRL, for example).

      So you should see if there weren't other issues, like a canceled transaction, for example (yes, if you purchase something in game and then cancel the transaction on your credit card, you will be refunded - and permabanned). Or something else.

      Also sharing accounts is forbidden, hacked accounts are bannable, etc..

      The next thing is: how does the person on the other side of your e-mail know that "YOU" is really who you say you are? Didn't the guy before you just said the same thing?

      Consider that, once an account is compromised, specially one that used lots of cash, a ban is a safeguard also for the original user.

      Proofs like the original credit card details you used to create your account can be used to confort your version.

      Then you may need to prove that whatever action you are grieving to your "lovely brother" was in fact his doing for real, and not yours or somebody else somewhere else who got wind if your access codes.

      But it all comes down to KI government whether or not they will release the ban - banning is semi-automatic in most cases, unbanning requires manual intervention and somebody has to take responsibility for it.

      And I have to tell you that leaving ID & access stuff on a family PC *IS* irresponsible of you, and makes it your fault as much as his.

      Because, imagine that rather than your brother, some thieves burgled your house, and got their hand on said PC.
      They could have done much worse.

      So at least learn this lesson, and never again leave sensible account information on an unecrypted device.

      Good luck for your quest; if it fails, maybe it will be time to move on in life.
      Last edited by richardDkht; 6-22-21 at 4:32:44 PM.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •