Shadow Slayer is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      At Work

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Make Solar Surge more accessible

I've been doing Cosmic PVP on my Death lately and he was private before Solar Surge came out while people in PVP seem to have Solar Surge but I don't which puts me in a bad position and for those that say just use other enchant;

Solar Surge: Adds up to 300+ base damage ExtraOrdinary: 25% more accuracy and 15% pierce Solar Surge adds so much damage while extraordinary adds pointless accuracy and some pierce while pierce gear and strike is meta, it's not helpful. I'm literally trying to get to veteran just to get Solar Surge while staying at private constantly winning and losing on my death but my Ice had good enough rank to have Solar Surge before the other damage enchants were banned from PVP but I also don't want to constantly do PVP on my Ice. The point is, people that already have Solar Surge are still around at low rank PVP and is doing way more damage than me when doing 1 spell like when a Storm uses Scion or a Fire uses S'mores and I can't do enough firepower back while I could have won the match with Solar Surge. Low rank is full of people that know what they are doing now with stuns, dispels, triage and more to unlike before.

Joseph IceStrider-Level 140 Ice~Angel-Level 140 Death ~Angel Level 140 Storm~

ChoGath is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Make Solar Surge more accessible

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Slayer View Post
      ... Solar Surge adds so much damage while extraordinary adds pointless accuracy and some pierce while pierce gear and strike is meta, it's not helpful. I'm literally trying to get to veteran just to get Solar Surge while staying at private constantly winning and losing on my death but my Ice had good enough rank to have Solar Surge before the other damage enchants were banned from PVP but I also don't want to constantly do PVP on my Ice. ...
      Rank requirements on key spells and gear simply adds a barrier to new PvP players being/becoming successful. It's not fun to always lose and not see a reasonable path forward. PvP has been dying at the root for a long time now for this very reason.

Jesse Strong is online now Prodigious

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Solar surge is not hard to get, its a challenge you need to accomplish. I understand how you feel, when i came back i couldnt reach vet to get surge. It took me a lot of matches to finally reach vet but it also help me get better. Everytime you lose a match, go over your deck, go over the mistakes you made, what can you improve, what spells you need to take out, how many copies you need etc... Pvp is all critical thinking! I believe in you you will get to vet and get surge

Mood:
      At Work

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Strong View Post
      Solar surge is not hard to get, its a challenge you need to accomplish. I understand how you feel, when i came back i couldn't reach vet to get surge. It took me a lot of matches to finally reach vet but it also help me get better. Every time you lose a match, go over your deck, go over the mistakes you made, what can you improve, what spells you need to take out, how many copies you need etc... Pvp is all critical thinking! I believe in you you will get to vet and get surge
      It's literally not about that but the disadvantages in PVP and right now people spamming brace, trap and blade stacking and balance spamming mana burn with a bit of may casts which has like no literal strategy and this seems to be the new meta. If I can hit warlord on my Ice in this meta then I think I already have the critical thinking skills I need but at this point PVP is just broken..still.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It's literally not about that but the disadvantages in PVP and right now people spamming brace, trap and blade stacking and balance spamming mana burn with a bit of may casts which has like no literal strategy and this seems to be the new meta. If I can hit warlord on my Ice in this meta then I think I already have the critical thinking skills I need but at this point PVP is just broken..still.
      I mean you was talking about surge lol my input was on that. Brace is okay, both parties can use it so i dont see a problem with it. Traps stack and blades stack can be annoying yes but that doesnt mean pvp is broken, those people just dont know how to win. Only thing i can agree with you is with balance mana burning everytime, we all complaining about it and ratbeard is looking into it. Balance is abusing mana burn and we can barely do anything against them when we getting burn everytime

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I mean you was talking about surge lol my input was on that. Brace is okay, both parties can use it so i dont see a problem with it. Traps stack and blades stack can be annoying yes but that doesnt mean pvp is broken, those people just dont know how to win. Only thing i can agree with you is with balance mana burning everytime, we all complaining about it and ratbeard is looking into it. Balance is abusing mana burn and we can barely do anything against them when we getting burn everytime
      I don't play PVP, but honestly countering mana burn is rather easy (unless they are using that "steal pip" spell that *oh* can be purchased for real $..)

Then again, since MB too went onto the throwpile a while ago, I won't say that I'm afraid of any changes; but let's say truthfully that if a player doesn't understand how such a simple counter works, they may not deserve to be "warlords". In fact every strategy has some kind of counter, and the important thing is, the more linear a game becomes, the less counter-strategies are possible.

So yeah, devs may be "working on", but there will always be something further to "work on" because each such change produces two new problems for a solved one..

Well that may be a working strategy for keeping their job busy.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      I don't play PVP, but honestly countering mana burn is rather easy (unless they are using that "steal pip" spell that *oh* can be purchased for real $..)

Then again, since MB too went onto the throwpile a while ago, I won't say that I'm afraid of any changes; but let's say truthfully that if a player doesn't understand how such a simple counter works, they may not deserve to be "warlords". In fact every strategy has some kind of counter, and the important thing is, the more linear a game becomes, the less counter-strategies are possible.

So yeah, devs may be "working on", but there will always be something further to "work on" because each such change produces two new problems for a solved one..

Well that may be a working strategy for keeping their job busy.
      The problem is not countering it, the problem is them abusing it. Even using it when you have 2 pips which is ridiculous lol mana burn deals a lot of damage and takes away your pips. In match, thats all they gotta do to win

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The problem is not countering it, the problem is them abusing it. Even using it when you have 2 pips which is ridiculous lol mana burn deals a lot of damage and takes away your pips. In match, thats all they gotta do to win
      so if you use a lot of a card you are abusing it?

that's not true. The real thing with MB is that it disrupt the process where one isn't paying attention to opponent and channels their own thoughts on what they want to do.

"ill get X pips and hit"

"oh dang, i can't anymore they stole three"

"oh i don't know what to do they cheating me!"

if said people had a bit of open minds, they would adapt, and instad of waiting for those pips, have a different spell ready in their deck.

As a reminder, MB is the only attack card that cannot be enchanted, so a 5 pips mana burn against a player with 2 pips will only have a base 160 damage. That's half the damage of a basic 2-pips fire elf, which can get enchanted, btw.

Of course it is balance damage, meaning it has no direct shield, but if you put some proper def gear, the damage output on low pips will be ridiculously low, specially with the new damage curves.
      And it costs them 5 pips.

So basicly all you have to do is to keep your pips low, and kill them slowly.

Thing is, what people want is to do a one shot big hit. If one plays strategy rather than "who's got it bigger", then the result will be in their favor.

Just saying.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Mood:
      At Work

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      so if you use a lot of a card you are abusing it?

that's not true. The real thing with MB is that it disrupt the process where one isn't paying attention to opponent and channels their own thoughts on what they want to do.

"ill get X pips and hit"

"oh dang, i can't anymore they stole three"

"oh i don't know what to do they cheating me!"

if said people had a bit of open minds, they would adapt, and instad of waiting for those pips, have a different spell ready in their deck.

As a reminder, MB is the only attack card that cannot be enchanted, so a 5 pips mana burn against a player with 2 pips will only have a base 160 damage. That's half the damage of a basic 2-pips fire elf, which can get enchanted, btw.

Of course it is balance damage, meaning it has no direct shield, but if you put some proper def gear, the damage output on low pips will be ridiculously low, specially with the new damage curves.
      And it costs them 5 pips.

So basicly all you have to do is to keep your pips low, and kill them slowly.

Thing is, what people want is to do a one shot big hit. If one plays strategy rather than "who's got it bigger", then the result will be in their favor.

Just saying.
      That's not the point and some strategies have schools using high pip spells like death needing to skeletal dragon but the problem is balance even spamming mana burn when people still have low pips and spamming mana burn to timer, it's not really about the damage either. Against balance you constantly need cards to lower your pips to which is pretty crazy to.

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I've been doing Cosmic PVP on my Death lately and he was private before Solar Surge came out while people in PVP seem to have Solar Surge but I don't which puts me in a bad position and for those that say just use other enchant;

Solar Surge: Adds up to 300+ base damage ExtraOrdinary: 25% more accuracy and 15% pierce Solar Surge adds so much damage while extraordinary adds pointless accuracy and some pierce while pierce gear and strike is meta, it's not helpful. I'm literally trying to get to veteran just to get Solar Surge while staying at private constantly winning and losing on my death but my Ice had good enough rank to have Solar Surge before the other damage enchants were banned from PVP but I also don't want to constantly do PVP on my Ice. The point is, people that already have Solar Surge are still around at low rank PVP and is doing way more damage than me when doing 1 spell like when a Storm uses Scion or a Fire uses S'mores and I can't do enough firepower back while I could have won the match with Solar Surge. Low rank is full of people that know what they are doing now with stuns, dispels, triage and more to unlike before.
      A couple of Develop Diaries ago, I thought those that played PVP were meant to exchange every enchantment from Strong to Epic and replace it with Solar Surge; but not affect people that avoid PVP.

Regarding PVP going downhill: It seems as if the entire game is going downhill. KI staff is revamping everything in game and since they seem to be willing to destroy W101 by making everyone equal, by destroying individuality.

Every school has its own set of strengths and weaknesses, and instead of people trying to figure out how to make their school work for them, many complain to KI about the unfairness of whatever school they were defeated by. By KI caving and catering to people like this, it ruins the game for everyone else.

When I started playing this game, I was having a hard time because I thought every slot needed to be filled out. My battles were met with defeat after defeat (even among mobs). Then about maybe 5 years ago as I was in Azteca, I was traveling with another person and that person asked me if I used the entire deck.

After being taught to run with a slimmer deck, someone else taught me how to x-out the unused cards by gear and pets.

This tangent has the point that if you take the time to learn how to make corrections in W101, you will go further.

Oxnhorse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast