•  Fragmented Dragon...... :D

Mood:
      Raging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unused areas in the game!

I wanted to make this thread because there are so many unused doorways and entrances in the game which just were never used, and make me curious as to what could be in there everytime we pass by them. I figured in this thread we could share and speculate about such areas, or inform others if there is actual information on them! Feel free to post any gates you come across and wonder what they're for, or maybe would like to see used for a specific purpose in the future! I would like to start off with the area below, in darkmoor's main hub. I love darkmoor, so I hope it would find use sometime!
      Name:  WizardGraphicalClient_2kTH7io4Yq.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  73.3 KB
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fight for the GG higher limit

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Unused areas in the game!

Oh there's a heck lot of unused doorways around the spiral and the reason they're there is make it easier for Kingsisle to place extra content into the story or perhaps through optional dungeon like scenarios (side quests but more likely skeleton key bosses) and Kingsisle has done this in the past but with random caves and such, meaning that Kingsisle has the ability to manipulating the coding of any particular part of a map into one that transitions into an instance (like a different area). Kingsisle will likely use these areas scattered around the spiral since it's less effort than creating something from scratch, however when and which one is a complete mystery.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

If you travel to Aquila, there are maybe 3 or 4 areas that have darkened lamps.

And traveling through Wintertusk, there are maybe as many as 12 areas that have darkened lamps; not sure why KI decided to have all L55 spell quests from Erik Wyndrune all go to the same location to complete those quests.

And traveling around Mirage and Empyrea, there are multiple areas that aren't used.

I made a post years ago on this that went nowhere and others had a mixed reaction to it, although I was happy that some had asked me where I found unused areas and they had hoped KI would make use of some of areas.

Oxnhorse
      Last edited by Oxnhorse; 6-5-21 at 7:30:32 PM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

W101 is supposed to be a set of worlds, with the majority of inhabitants and creatures that are out of scope from your quests.

Adding several "unused" places similar (or identical) to the active ones creates the illusion of this living world, where you are not going to "THE" place, but to "ONE" place among others. IF there were only the places of interest or the interactive NPCs, it would look a lot less as a real place.

Also repeating the same images every now and then is easier than producing full single graphic content, tbh.

That's why in the original coding there are so many houses, caves, doors, pits, etc... that aren't used.

Concerning the addition of new content, it is as easy to code an unused door as it is to code a rock to transform them into an entrance, so you wouldn't really need to plan so far ahead as to create empty spots for later... We have already seen dead ends totally redrawn when some additional areas or quests were added.
      But again, taking advantage of the living world illusion makes you think "oh, it was right there all the time.." and wonder what's behind next door.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

In a game such as W101, the staff creates these worlds in the Spiral and may not use every place in the storyline, so that the unused areas might be used sometime in the future.

As of Jun 2009, Dragonspyre was the last world of the first arc. What the OP might be getting at here, is that with all of the unused areas in the game among many of the worlds beyond Dragonspyre, why hasn't KI or Gamigo utilized these areas?

@Sparck, @Eric Stormbringer: If KI needs help creating quests to utilize many of these unused areas, would you please send me ideas (that may have hit dead ends or writers block) by PM and I can try to come up with multiple ideas based on the worlds and levels. I would send you the storyline ideas I would come up with, but I cannot encode any ideas that may or may not be rejected.

I am currently locked out of W101 because my computer can not access the recent upgrade, and for personal reasons, I cannot afford a new computer (no matter how cheap one is), so I wouldn't mind helping create new content ideas using unused areas of the game.

Oxnhorse
      Last edited by Oxnhorse; 6-5-21 at 7:22:43 PM.

Eric Stormbringer is offline Wizard101 US Faculty

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      In a game such as W101, the staff creates these worlds in the Spiral and may not use every place in the storyline, so that the unused areas might be used sometime in the future.

As of Jun 2009, Dragonspyre was the last world of the first arc. What the OP might be getting at here, is that with all of the unused areas in the game among many of the worlds beyond Dragonspyre, why hasn't KI or Gamigo utilized these areas?

@Sparck, @Eric Stormbringer: If KI needs help creating quests to utilize many of these unused areas, would you please send me ideas (that may have hit dead ends or writers block) by PM and I can try to come up with multiple ideas based on the worlds and levels. I would send you the storyline ideas I would come up with, but I cannot encode any ideas that may or may not be rejected.

I am currently locked out of W101 because my computer can not access the recent upgrade, and for personal reasons, I cannot afford a new computer (no matter how cheap one is), so I wouldn't mind helping create new content ideas using unused areas of the game.

Oxnhorse
      We love reading player ideas! One of the best ways to post your ideas is right here on central, other fansites or the main wizard101 message boards.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      We love reading player ideas! One of the best ways to post your ideas is right here on central, other fansites or the main wizard101 message boards.
      In Aquila, there is the Life door that has a red dragon beyond it, which I assume is guarding the Golden Apples of the Hesperides (Greek Mythology), and if I'm not mistaken 2 unused areas to the right of the Coppersmith eagle that carries clothing recipes.

Regarding the 2 unused areas, I had ideas in the past where the wizard is called back to Aquila by Silenus.

The wizard goes to Silenus and he tells the Wizard that the three Olympian goddesses Hera, Demeter and Hestia are offended that they were never given the chance to test the compassion and tenacity of the wizard and have gone off the deep end, and to make matters worse:

1) Hera Skymother has captured Aphrodite and Eros and has somewhere in Aquila with the help of Demeter and Hestia; but after imprisoning them in separate places, Demeter and Hestia struck out for places in the Spiral to cause additional harm. Silenus says that Zeus, Poseidon and Hades related to him that if these 2 embodiments of love are killed, it will possibly destroy the area of Aquila or even cause the other deities to take revenge on the Spiral.

2) Hestia Hearthfire has captured the 3 Graces that gave us the side quests in Aquila, with the aid of others and is looking for a giant altar in which to sacrifice them, but the forces of Aquila are unable to deal with the harsh conditions of anything cold. Silenus tells the Wizard that Athene was able to pinpoint Grizzleheim or Wintertusk, before being overtaxed in her wisdom. Without the kindnesses of the 3 Graces residing in Aquila, Silenus is threatened by the community to be banished forever unless they are returned safe and sound.

3) Demeter Earthmother with the aid of Hera Skymother, has kidnapped Calliope and the 9 Muses of Aquila and have hidden them throughout the Spiral, reviving some enemies to guard them. The goal is to destroy music once and for all in the Spiral. Silenus tells the Wizard, SEEK OUT PERSEPHONE HALFYEAR FOR HADES HAS SENT HER TO AQUILA, YOU HAVE UNTIL HER RETURN TO HADES TO SAVE THE 10 MUSES.

It would make these quests more interesting if they were all concurrent, or active at the same time, but I'm not making it mandatory.

As the Wizard turns to seek out any one of these avenues (1-3), the Great Life door opens and Ladan beckons them and a sigil is activated. The Wizard appears shocked or scared, and Silenus says THE GREAT GOLDEN DRAGON THAT THREATENED US WHEN THE TITANS RULED AQUILA DESIRES TO STRIKE A DEAL WITH YOU, GO SEE HIM BEFORE YOU LEAVE.

The Wizard goes to visit Ladan (no new access fee required) and Ladan says WITHOUT LOVE, GRACE OR MUSIC; EVERYTHING THAT BARTELBY AND RAVEN GAVE US TO PROTECT FOR THE SAKE OF THE SPIRAL WILL DESTROY AQUILA AND THE EAGLES WILL TAKE REVENGE ON THE SPIRAL. I ASK OF YOU, SAVE THEM IN THE ORDER OF GRACE, MUSIC AND LOVE. TAKE THIS GOLDEN APPLE TO REVIVE ANYONE THAT IS EITHER CLOSE TO DEATH OR HAS AN INCURABLE WOUND. AEGLE IS THE WEAKEST.

As the Wizard turns to leave Ladan says I IMPLORE YOU TO USE THE ORDER I TOLD YOU, BUT YOU MAY WANT TO SEEK OUT PERSEPHONE, SINCE THE MUSES HAVE WISDOM LIKE ATHENE TO FIND THE OTHERS. IF YOU NEED MORE APPLES, RETURN TO ME AND I WILL GIVE THEM TO YOU. BUT PLEASE HURRY!

As the player eventually comes into contact with Hera, Hestia and Demeter; the three goddesses will each explain why they sought to destroy the harmony of Aquila and threaten the immortality of Silenus:

Hera before battle: Zeus Skyfather has always made a mockery of love with all his affairs with the women of the Spiral, that produced the lesser eagles in the three major areas of Aquila, I was willing to let them die by destroying Aphrodite and Eros; that by killing them, all the children would fade from Aquila.

Hera after battle: Zeus, why are you here! You're the reason I was willing to destroy the lesser Olympians by destroying both aspects of love!

Zeus: Hera, you're the only one for me! Yes its true that I have made a mockery of what love is meant to be, but please return with me to Aquila and let us unify the relationships among our community (they leave and you return to Silenus obtaining LOVE RESTORED TO THE SPIRAL badge).

Hestia before battle: I have watched how others have mated and produced beautiful children, while I have never known what love is, all I have ever done is being charged with keeping peace and blessing in the nest! I took the Graces away from Aquila because I thought everyone was mocking me for being an old eagle without the Grace of children!

Hestia after battle: The 3 Graces appear before Hestia and says WHY WERE YOU UPSET? SILENUS TOLD US THAT HESTIA IS THE THANKLESS ONE THAT NO ONE REALIZES THAT SHE PROVIDES PEACE AND SECURITY IN THE NEST. NEVER FAIL TO BLESS HER WITH PEACE BEYOND MEASURE, SO THAT ALL THE GODS WOULD RESIDE IN HAPPINESS!

Hestia says: I HAD NO IDEA.

Silenus: ZEUS TOLD ME THAT OF ALL HIS SIBLINGS, HESTIA HEARTHFIRE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD POSSIBLY DESTROY THE UNITY OF AQUILA, AND THAT BY GIVING ME MY THREE DAUGHTERS, THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO QUELL HER RAGE. WHEN YOU TOOK THEM AND THREATENED THEIR LIVES, YOU NATURALLY BECAME UNSTABLE.

THREE GRACES RESTORED TO THE SPIRAL badge received.

Demeter before battle: POSEIDON MIGHT HAVE GIVEN ME PERSEPHONE, BUT ZEUS AND HADES DID NOTHING TO KEEP MY DAUGHTER FROM IMPRISONING THE SPIRAL WITH MY RAGE FOR 6 MONTHS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT CALLIOPE AND THE 9 MUSES WERE MAKING A MOCKERY OF ME WITH THEIR MUSIC AND CHEERFULNESS. WHY SHOULD THE SPIRAL HAVE HAPPINESS, WHEN I'M ROBBED OF MY DAUGHTER FOR HALF THE YEAR?

Demeter after battle: THANK YOU WIZARD FOR TEACHING ME THAT MUSIC COMES NOT ONLY FROM CALLIOPE AND THE 9 MUSES, BUT FROM ALSO WHAT I CONTRIBUTE TO THE SPIRAL AS WELL. I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD EVER SHOW MY BEAK IN AQUILA AGAIN FOR ALL THE DAMAGE I ALMOST CAUSED!

(wherever the wizard and Demeter are after battle, they port to Aquila) All of Aquila in the major hub: LADY DEMETER, HOW COULD WE EVER MAKE A MOCKERY OF YOU? IF IT WASN'T FOR THE FOR THE BOUNTY OF YOUR FOOD AND THE BEAUTY OF PERSEPHONE, HOW COULD WE EVER SMILE KNOWING THAT FOR HALF THE YEAR WE ALL RECEIVE THE BLESSINGS OF YOUR PRESENCE!

Zeus and Hades: SISTER! WE KNOW THAT YOU HATE THAT PERSEPHONE IS TAKEN FROM YOU HALF THE YEAR, BUT ZEUS TOLD HADES THAT BY TAKING PERSEPHONE AWAY FROM YOU, HE IS HAPPY AND MERCIFUL HALF THE YEAR INSTEAD OF DEPRESSED AND WRATHFUL THE OTHER HALF.

Demeter: AND HOW DO YOU TREAT MY DAUGHTER HADES?

Persephone: MOTHER! I'M HAPPY KNOWING THAT DURING THE CRUEL MONTHS ABOVE TARTARUS, HADES IS MERCIFUL TO THE JUST AND WRATHFUL TO THE WICKED! HADES DOES NOTHING TO HARM ME KNOWING HE HAS TO ANSWER TO YOU!

Demeter turns to the wizard and says PLEASE TAKE THESE BADGES FROM ME AND THANK YOU WIZARD FOR RESTORING MY SISTERS AND I TO AQUILA AND MAKING US UNDERSTAND HOW WE ALSO PLAY A ROLE IN KEEPING THE SPIRAL SECURE!

Badges of:

10 MUSES RESTORED TO THE SPIRAL, SISTERHOOD OF THE EAGLE FEATHERS RESTORED and AQUILA AND THE SPIRAL RESTORED.

Ending of Aquila quests.

Oxnhorse

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Regarding the settings of where Aphrodite and Eros are held (the 2 caves in Aquila), each of them are hidden at the end of 6 fights in each cave, and after saving the 2nd one, Hera appears telling the Wizard that YOU ARE DESTROYING ALL MY HARD WORK! As Eris from Olympus and the Gorgon from Tartarus join her and the Wizard must defeat them.

Regarding the Graces, the outer lying caves of Wintertusk (where the skeleton warriors are walking in a circle) can be used as fight areas in order to battle the forces of the Coven to find the locations where the Graces are hidden. And after 2 battles in various areas of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk, the Coven will say HESTIA PROMISED TO REVIVE THE ICE GIANT TO BRING ABOUT THE EVERWINTER, HEHEHE!

After each 2nd battle, the locations of the 3 Graces will be revealed, and after finding the 3rd, if the cave beside Tartarus is open, Hestia transports the Wizard and the 3 Graces into it, and after controlling them, join her in the battle against the Wizard, after saying GRACE WAS DENIED ME, SO NOW I DENY THE SPIRAL EVERYTHING OF GRACE!

Regarding Calliope and the 9 Muses, talking to Persephone reveals the location of Urania, the Muse of Astronomy. She will be located inside the Niviladir in Grizzleheim at the bottom of the stairs unguarded. She then asks you to find Calliope in an area of Empyrea before telling you how to find the other 8.

The enemies in the other worlds of the Spiral beyond Dragonspyre and Grizzleheim/Wintertusk can be among the natural enemies that were promised power and immortality.

After finding Urania, Calliope and the rest of the Muses, Demeter will teleport to the Wizard, along with Hera and Hestia; and the 3 will say WIZARD, WE WILL ONCE AND FOR ALL DENY YOU LOVE, GRACE AND MUSIC IF YOU FALL BY US! WE HELD BACK THE PREVIOUS TIMES, BUT NOW WE WILL UNLEASH OUR FULL WRATH ON YOU! AND WITH YOUR DEMISE, THE FATE OF THE SPIRAL WILL BE ENDED INTO NOTHINGNESS!

After the ending of these 3 storylines, Bartleby, Ambrose and the teachers of Ravenwood and the Arcanum will thank the Wizard from keeping the Spiral from being robbed of Love, Grace and Music. And Sybil will wake up long enough to bestow the wizard with the badge of Love, Grace and Music.

Oxnhorse

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

As an update to Wintertusk, there are some unlit lamps among the four major sections where the brothers rule, as well as the area of the circling skeletons in Hrundle Fjord.

Thank you for considering the ideas I presented.

Oxnhorse