•  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

swapping keys when joining through kiosk for key bosses?

Not sure where exactly to put this (mods can move this if needed), but is the normal rule when starting a key boss, the starter has a key and is expected to use it? Is it normal for people who join through the kiosk to have to use their own key -if they have one- because the starter refuses to do so? This just happened to me when I joined through the kiosk. Another person -who had also joined through the kiosk- and myself didn't like this at all when I used a key I was saving to start the boss. There wasn't any prior agreement to swapping keys, she just didn't want to use hers even though she started the team up. Thankfully I have a few gold keys (not many since I used a nearly 20 on my spirit trio though) stored on my ice, but I have other wizards who'll need those soon to farm tenni'syn.

Since KI changed the key boss team up so that the starter has to have the key to start it, I always thought it was normal that the starter uses their key to begin the boss. I've never really heard of people swapping keys when making team ups because not everyone who joins through the kiosk has a key or they might be saving what few keys they have for when their smaller wizards reach a certain key boss for a piece of gear. I mean, if the starter don't want to use their keys, then why not join through the kiosk instead?

What's everyone's opinion on this? And also @Sparck, is there anyway where maybe a mark can be placed on the person who started the team up when viewing the team so we know who started it? I think that'll help out with the key boss team up some and maybe also with the others so a person who's asked for help has a chance to join the fight before the boss goes down to a one shot.
      Wizards vs Bosses

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: swapping keys when joining through kiosk for key bosses?

although there is no written rule, it is common courtesy that if one start a dungeon they have the keys for it.

Of course if it is a multiple dungeon (like krampus) you can share keys for each level, but it is totally unfair if the one that starts has no key.

Leave them right away, that's my suggestion, they are often parasites trying to take advantage of other players kindness.

I have seen people parasiting-farming like that, because they wouldn't bother making the effort to get keys...
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I like to allow individuals who have their own key to do an act of generosity and use their keys for the team's behalf, some people simply wanna be nice but never get a chance to be. But otherwise, upon waiting a couple of seconds for the team to all show up and settle down, I'll definitely use my own key if I have one no matter whether or not I started the team up or not. I don't particularly feel compelled to use my own key but I know that I should be expecting to use my key as I don't usually get other players with a key for themselves. If another individual directly says that they have a key, I'd ask them if they want to use theirs but I wouldn't mind whatsoever if I used my own key whatsoever. It's all about communication, less about expectation imo

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I like to allow individuals who have their own key to do an act of generosity and use their keys for the team's behalf, some people simply wanna be nice but never get a chance to be. But otherwise, upon waiting a couple of seconds for the team to all show up and settle down, I'll definitely use my own key if I have one no matter whether or not I started the team up or not. I don't particularly feel compelled to use my own key but I know that I should be expecting to use my key as I don't usually get other players with a key for themselves. If another individual directly says that they have a key, I'd ask them if they want to use theirs but I wouldn't mind whatsoever if I used my own key whatsoever. It's all about communication, less about expectation imo
      There wasn't any communication about who was using their key to be honest. She just assumed that someone else was going to provide their gold key and was just about ready to bail out the moment someone asked who started the team up, saying that this wasn't going to work. The person who asked and myself were a little confused since everyone was there and checking their spells to see what they needed to add/drop. The other person seemed to catch on pretty fast just before she left and explained. Would've been nice if she had at least asked instead of assuming that someone else was going to provide a key. At least the boss dropped another gold key for me to replace the once I used.
      Wizards vs Bosses