• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
        1234 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• 1234's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  TaraWillowBreeze(L)KeiraSilverStone(I)FionaDragonFlame(F)SabrinaShadowCaster(D)Samantha(B)Sierra(S)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: We believe your true self is your best self.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      Second, they are working on giving pink for boys and burnt orange for girls, and they are making the gendered holiday costumes available to everyone. Expect to see these additions "sometime in the next year" as they roll out a few outfits to test this in anticipation of an expanded color wheel.
      Amen to the color expansion! I have always been frustrated by the limited choices. I hope they make brown available too for girls.

I've always wanted the Spooky Bob costume as a Halloween decoration. I put one on a male mannequin thinking it would look the way it does on the guys, but the colors are totally different. I hope they find a way to make it look the same across across all wizards and mannequins.

RainbowFountain is offline Novice Wizard

• RainbowFountain's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Christopher RainbowFountain
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It's disappointing to see that KingsIsle has abandoned its child-friendly rating in exchange for a hollow virtue signal attempt. I can only assume this decision came from MGI as KingsIsle has historically avoided touching on controversial topics. But if KingsIsle now thinks posting a multi-color logo for a month will satisfy the masses and improve their bottom line, I suppose they really had no other option.
      Last edited by RainbowFountain; 6-5-21 at 9:38:05 PM.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: We believe your true self is your best self.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowFountain View Post
      It's disappointing to see that KingsIsle has abandoned its child-friendly rating in exchange for a hollow virtue signal attempt. I can only assume this decision came from MGI as KingsIsle has historically avoided touching on controversial topics. But if KingsIsle now thinks posting a multi-color logo for a month will satisfy the masses and improve their bottom line, I suppose they really had no other option.
      So will the Malistaire/Sylvia relationship need to be cut from the game because it's not "child friendly"? And will every other platonic relationship (All of which are straight) need to be removed from Wizard and Pirate101 because it's not "child friendly"?

Who you love isn't inherently "adult," "controversial," or "wrong," nor should we perpetrate such offensive stereotypes. I agree with you that this is an example of cooperate Pride, and it's clear that KingsIsle still has a long way to go, even after their recent (And hope inducing) blog announcement. The community isn't dumb despite what you imply- we can see clearly through such pandering.
      However, we shouldn't shun progress by nipping it in the bud! I believe that KingsIsle has good intentions here for once, and with a little effort we can make them go even further.

One final thought, I doubt that this is MGI's doing seeing how KingsIsle made a similar move last year and the year before.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 6-5-21 at 11:10:21 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

MeganFrostFlame is offline Journeyman Wizard

• MeganFrostFlame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Megan FrostFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lady Piper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dapper Corgi

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So will the Malistaire/Sylvia relationship need to be cut from the game because it's not "child friendly"? And will every other platonic relationship (All of which are straight) need to be removed from Wizard and Pirate101 because it's not "child friendly"?

Who you love isn't inherently "adult," "controversial," or "wrong," nor should we perpetrate such offensive stereotypes. I agree with you that this is an example of cooperate Pride, and it's clear that KingsIsle still has a long ways to go, even after their recent (And hope inducing) blog announcement. The community isn't dumb despite what you imply- we can see clearly through such pandering.
      However, we shouldn't shun progress by nipping it in the bud! I believe that KingsIsle has good intentions here for once, and with a little effort we can make them go even further.

One final thought, I doubt that this is MGI's doing seeing how KingsIsle made a similar move last year and the year before.

100% agree. The Malistaire/Sylvia cutscene at the end of Darkmoor would be 100% not child friendly if they weren't straight but since they are they get an automatic pass and it's seen as fine. If the tables were turned and if it was a same gender relationship, there would've been outrage for it being "controversial" and "not for children" even though it's basically the exact same thing.

I'm also extremely happy that KI is making the effort to be inclusive of all people in the game lately and recognize the vast amount of diversity within the community. Initially I marked off their pride posts as an example of corporate pride, and anticipate the re-release of rainbow items throughout the month for money, but after reading their blogpost I see they have plans for more exclusivity in the future which will hopefully be a big cosmetic update for players.

Even though I've been critical of KI A LOT in the past few years, their progress and plans in trying to make Wizard101 and Pirate101 a safe and welcoming place for everyone and every type of family is something hopefully everyone can pat them on the back for.

Cosmic Pyromancer | Ravenwood Alumnus | Arcanum Liason | PvP Veteran
      Revered Crafter | Verdant Gardener | Fisher Queen | Monstrology Virtuoso

Pegasus Unbound is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Re: We believe your true self is your best self.

Who you love isn't inherently "adult," "controversial," or "wrong," nor should we perpetrate such offensive stereotypes. I agree with you that this is an example of cooperate Pride, and it's clear that KingsIsle still has a long way to go, even after their recent (And hope inducing) blog announcement. The community isn't dumb despite what you imply- we can see clearly through such pandering.

Thank you! I have spent the last couple hours trying to find a way to reply, but you stated it perfectly.

The only thing I would add is to remember:

Any and all journeys begin with a simple step.
      It does not matter what the motivation is, just that the step is made and the journey begins.

Shadow Slayer is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      At Work

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Glad to know they support us

Joseph IceStrider-Level 140 Ice~Angel-Level 140 Death ~Angel Level 140 Storm~

Robobot1747 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Robobot1747's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane WildThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Vaden
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Trolling

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Saying "we support the rights of the community" is not "child-unfriendly." To say that the very idea of non-cisgender people is unsafe for children is a major insult to those people.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 6-6-21 at 7:42:50 AM. Reason: asterisks
      "Fire can be quenched. Storms can dissipate. Myths can simply be forgotten. But Death... Death is constant. Death has existed long before you came to be and it will exist long after it takes you."

Cosmos is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

To be fair to the commenter, who someone loves does not encompass all of this topic though. That said, you do bring up a good point: if it had been a all-male or all-female relationship people would definitely be raising eyebrows even today and that's unfortunate.

I would like some clarification on what y'all specifically want KI to do, and why this in particular is such a large step towards that goal? Certain colors being gender-locked was a stupid idea to begin with, but none of that strikes me as needing a "long way to go". What would your ideal wizard101 experience look like, and why would you make those changes?
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 6-6-21 at 7:44:15 AM.
      Come back alive. It'd be an awfully empty galaxy without you. - Garrus Vakarian // I also write my own stuff ~

Shadow Slayer is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      At Work

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

KingsIsle is actually "family-friendly" and has been riding between that line for awhile so it's not like they're doing anything "wrong" now. Since it's pride month for the community there is a reason to show their support right now instead of "disregarding it and being like I don't support them". The rainbow-color logo actually stands for the flag and each color has a certain meaning but if you didn't notice the "101" has the trans flag colors but obviously I don't think this is just for show "just to satisfy the masses" because are plenty several people and most of the world are anti. Start normalizing there are actually varied people and not just straight people out there!! But I guess if KI said they supported straight people they would lose their "child-friendly rating" to..
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 6-6-21 at 3:54:18 PM. Reason: asterisks

Joseph IceStrider-Level 140 Ice~Angel-Level 140 Death ~Angel Level 140 Storm~

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: We believe your true self is your best self.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
      I would like some clarification on what y'all specifically want KI to do, and why this in particular is such a large step towards that goal? Certain colors being gender-locked was a stupid idea to begin with, but none of that strikes me as needing a "long way to go". What would your ideal wizard101 experience look like, and why would you make those changes?
      Opening up the color wheel for Wizards and uncensoring our terminology is a step in the right direction, but in addition to that this is what I want to see:

• An option to change your Wizard's gender, free of charge
      • A new nonbinary gender choice for your Wizard
      • Characters written into the storyline (Their gender/orientation should not be the focal point of their character, however)

• Hold charity events for organizations like PFLAG and The Trevor Project. All too often companies profit off of pandering, like what we saw with the Unicorn Hoard Pack
      • Involve individuals and employees in this entire process. For instance, queer characters should be voiced by queer people!
      • Make acceptance a year round mission, not for just one month. This means promoting and creating inclusive content outside of June!

@Jester

Any word on whether the automod will cease punishing this topic's terminology with the same treatment that actually offensive words receive?

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 6-8-21 at 8:22:00 AM. Reason: asterisks again

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast