• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12
    1. #1
      DanTheTerrible's Avatar
        DanTheTerrible is offline Initiate Wizard

      • DanTheTerrible's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angus OgreBreath
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  79
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Hunting Deer
       
      Mood:
      Nerdy
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      154
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      61
      Thanks (Received)
      106
      Gold
      172.50

      What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      I have a friend I think I am about to talk into starting to play W101, she seems to want to play ice. I want to be able to help her get a good pet. In the past I have just introduced newbies to the sword and shield pet, because the sharpen blade item cards are so useful and can be used by anyone. However, that won't work well for ice, as ice does not get it's blade spell until level 38, and sharpen blade isn't very helpful before then. So I want to work on developing something else.

      Good genetics and abilities take quite a while and many hatches to develop, as all dedicated pet hatchers know. I don't expect to be able to get her a REALLY good pet until she is long past level 38. But I would like to be able to get her something that gives one or more good item cards "out of the box", without having to hatch over and over looking developing the genetics. A really cool appearance would be nice, too. Unlike some, I am not familiar with every pet in the game. Can someone suggest a good pet for a low level ice wizard as I have described above?

    2. #2
      JaredSpellFrost's Avatar
        JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore
      Status: Frosty
       
      Mood:
      Cold
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      3,351
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3673
      Thanks (Received)
      5766
      Gold
      7,454.00

      Thumbs up Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      The Ice Class Pet gives the best item cards, but practically speaking is impossible to obtain. I'd recommend going for a Freezing Raincore or Shiverous Knight, since they give item Blades!


      "Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.




    3. #3
      Phenoixblizzard's Avatar
        Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

      • Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast
      Status: What's with the crashing?
       
      Mood:
      Creative
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      776
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2239
      Thanks (Received)
      1040
      Gold
      419.00

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      If she's going to be hunting through the kiosk for a pet, then the verglas grimoire pet is good for a trap or any pet with an ice blade. If she's wanting to ask around on Central for a pet, then fenrir is great if she wants blizzard early. If she wants to, she can get an ice bird to adult and have a 2 pip hit that also gives a trap.
      Wizards vs Bosses


    4. #4
      JaredSpellFrost's Avatar
        JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore
      Status: Frosty
       
      Mood:
      Cold
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      3,351
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3673
      Thanks (Received)
      5766
      Gold
      7,454.00

      Thumbs up Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Phenoixblizzard View Post
      If she's going to be hunting through the kiosk for a pet, then the verglas grimoire pet is good for a trap or any pet with an ice blade. If she's wanting to ask around on Central for a pet, then fenrir is great if she wants blizzard early. If she wants to, she can get an ice bird to adult and have a 2 pip hit that also gives a trap.
      Pets that give Blades are vastly superior to those who give Traps. The Icy Eye is also better than the Fenrir pet, since it gives a Blade, Mass-Stun, and Blizzard card! If the Ice Bird item cards haven't been banned in PvP, then the Icy Eye is good to go for if you ever plan to enter the Arena.


      "Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.




    5. #5
      DanTheTerrible's Avatar
        DanTheTerrible is offline Initiate Wizard

      • DanTheTerrible's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angus OgreBreath
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  79
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Hunting Deer
       
      Mood:
      Nerdy
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      154
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      61
      Thanks (Received)
      106
      Gold
      172.50

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>JaredSpellFrost View Post
      Pets that give Blades are vastly superior to those who give Traps. The Icy Eye is also better than the Fenrir pet, since it gives a Blade, Mass-Stun, and Blizzard card! If the Ice Bird item cards haven't been banned in PvP, then the Icy Eye is good to go for if you ever plan to enter the Arena.

      Apparently the pet Jared is referring to is the Frosty Eye, not Icy Eye.
      Thanks for all the suggestions.

    6. #6
      TIMMEH's Avatar
        TIMMEH is offline Legendary Wizard

      • TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie
      Status: Shop closed.
       
      Mood:
      Relaxed
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      4,411
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      989
      Thanks (Received)
      4331
      Gold
      21,152.00

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>DanTheTerrible View Post
      I have a friend I think I am about to talk into starting to play W101, she seems to want to play ice. I want to be able to help her get a good pet. In the past I have just introduced newbies to the sword and shield pet, because the sharpen blade item cards are so useful and can be used by anyone. However, that won't work well for ice, as ice does not get it's blade spell until level 38, and sharpen blade isn't very helpful before then. So I want to work on developing something else.

      Good genetics and abilities take quite a while and many hatches to develop, as all dedicated pet hatchers know. I don't expect to be able to get her a REALLY good pet until she is long past level 38. But I would like to be able to get her something that gives one or more good item cards "out of the box", without having to hatch over and over looking developing the genetics. A really cool appearance would be nice, too. Unlike some, I am not familiar with every pet in the game. Can someone suggest a good pet for a low level ice wizard as I have described above?
      I'm sure you'll get all kinds of suggestions for a low level ice but IMO a snowball pet is really good at low level since the item card gives a low pip AOE that leaves traps also.

    7. #7
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      3,672
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2825
      Thanks (Received)
      2996
      Gold
      755.00

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      You can hatch with a couple of crowns pets too, I have a lot of them although some are first gen (that you can hatch with at any point):

      Aqua Dragon
      Talented Piggle
      Sneaky Piggle
      Mountain Yeti (First Gen)
      Polar Cat (First Gen)

      I also have a Shiverous Knight Quint Ice Damage if you're interested.

      I highly recommend the Enchanted Armament also, although that won't be useful until level 25+

      If you like any of them or request that I throw in a couple more hatches to fill the pool with better stats/talents, shoot me a message lol

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    8. #8
      Phenoixblizzard's Avatar
        Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

      • Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast
      Status: What's with the crashing?
       
      Mood:
      Creative
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      776
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2239
      Thanks (Received)
      1040
      Gold
      419.00

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>JaredSpellFrost View Post
      Pets that give Blades are vastly superior to those who give Traps. The Icy Eye is also better than the Fenrir pet, since it gives a Blade, Mass-Stun, and Blizzard card! If the Ice Bird item cards haven't been banned in PvP, then the Icy Eye is good to go for if you ever plan to enter the Arena.

      I train a variety of pets, but I mostly look at the lesser used pets to create my ice pets (although I do main my snow beast on my main ice wiz since I've used that pet for so long it'd feel weird to use another pet). Of course, the way they nerfed ice blades I think ice traps aren't that far behind in strength so maybe I'll get around to using my grimoire pet at some point. I was mostly looking at what could be used by adult and what might have a really cool appearance like they were thinking about. I'd really like to suggest the ice hound pet because it looks awesome, but the card it gives is 7 pips and isn't given until epic. That's a little too high to be "out of the box" for a little ice wiz that's just starting out in my honest opinion.

      Although I did see someone mention the snowball pet. That's another good idea for a pet, wish I thought of it!


      There wasn't any mention of PvP, so what is or isn't banned in that area wasn't something I was really looking at. If they do decide to do PvP, I'll leave the advice to those who know what the latest updates are for it since I haven't don't PvP since Celestia came out.
      Wizards vs Bosses


    9. #9
      DanTheTerrible's Avatar
        DanTheTerrible is offline Initiate Wizard

      • DanTheTerrible's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angus OgreBreath
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  79
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Hunting Deer
       
      Mood:
      Nerdy
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      154
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      61
      Thanks (Received)
      106
      Gold
      172.50

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Dylan Windwalker View Post
      You can hatch with a couple of crowns pets too, I have a lot of them although some are first gen (that you can hatch with at any point):

      Aqua Dragon
      Talented Piggle
      Sneaky Piggle
      Mountain Yeti (First Gen)
      Polar Cat (First Gen)

      I also have a Shiverous Knight Quint Ice Damage if you're interested.

      I highly recommend the Enchanted Armament also, although that won't be useful until level 25+

      If you like any of them or request that I throw in a couple more hatches to fill the pool with better stats/talents, shoot me a message lol
      I have highly developed enchanted armaments too, which I referrred to above as the "sword and shield" pet. They're great multi-school pets since anyone can use the sharpen blade enchantments. But not good for starting ice since ice doesn't get a school blade until level 38.

      All in all I think a shiverous knight might be best, there are some good ones on the hatch kiosk. I will say I am intrigued by your "quint ice damage" shiverous knight.

    10. #10
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      3,672
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2825
      Thanks (Received)
      2996
      Gold
      755.00

      Re: What is a good pet for a low level ice wizard?

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>DanTheTerrible View Post
      I have highly developed enchanted armaments too, which I referrred to above as the "sword and shield" pet. They're great multi-school pets since anyone can use the sharpen blade enchantments. But not good for starting ice since ice doesn't get a school blade until level 38.

      All in all I think a shiverous knight might be best, there are some good ones on the hatch kiosk. I will say I am intrigued by your "quint ice damage" shiverous knight.
      Shiverous Knights are probably one of most popular Ice pets out there so it won't be difficult to find one but I'll be around tonight if you wanna hatch for less gold. They're honestly my favorite pets to do the "Play as your pet" feature since it's so humanoid looking!! Ice not getting their blade until level 38 was annoying but honestly isn't ultimately that bad. Elemental Blade works well enough

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •