• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Simplify and Elucidate?

These are two tc long retired from a quest in Celestia and quite difficult to purchase through TC Trade due to high cost/demand.

Should wizards be able to learn/train either or both of these spells in the future (considering they will marked no-pvp similarly to Strong/Giant/Monstrous/Colossal/Epic)?

Personally I don't why not but what are your thoughts?

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Simplify and Elucidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      These are two tc long retired from a quest in Celestia and quite difficult to purchase through TC Trade due to high cost/demand.

Should wizards be able to learn/train either or both of these spells in the future (considering they will marked no-pvp similarly to Strong/Giant/Monstrous/Colossal/Epic)?

Personally I don't why not but what are your thoughts?
      I think they should be modified for use only with spells over say - 5 pips - and then we could learn them in this arc. Using them to reduce certain spells to zero, 1 or 2 pips seems to be what made them overpowered in PvP in the first place. I think I still have one or two on my second account, but I never considered trading them away. Reducing Rebirth to six pips would be quite useful.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

We learn Elucidate and then, hey, what do you know, EVERY major boss becomes Astral/Shadow so we can't Dispel lock them for free anymore. Not just half-one school, half-Shadow, but 100% Shadow or Star or whatever. I would rather that we actually be allowed to Dispel bosses instead of them being designed to be Dispell-proof in the future.

Aside from that... Myth gets a 1-pip Shatter which is cool. Death gets FREE VIRULENT PLAGUE. Some big heals like Regenerate, Rebirth, or Grendel's Amends would become much better (this wouldn't carry over to cheap heals, you'd wanna use Healing Enchants for those and save Elucidate for the big ones). You can attack a turn or two sooner, but most of the time I'd rather just use Epic instead. Would still be great for cheaper utilities tacked onto attacks though.

It is something that I wouldn't mind seeing in a very limited fashion though. Like maybe one piece of gear gives a Simplify card or two.

Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

We could always make them trainable through the sun school and have them be no PvP. They could even be level restricted, such as maybe learning them at level 110? They might or might not serve a use in later worlds, but I wouldn't mind having an easier way to spam Orthrus.

Another thing they could do is have them locked behind a quest. That way it still leaves them as an optional spell while also preventing lower level people from gaining access to them.
      Last edited by Phenoixblizzard; 5-8-21 at 12:49:58 PM. Reason: Another idea
      Wizards vs Bosses

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoixblizzard View Post
      We could always make them trainable through the sun school and have them be no PvP. They could even be level restricted, such as maybe learning them at level 110? They might or might not serve a use in later worlds, but I wouldn't mind having an easier way to spam Orthrus.

Another thing they could do is have them locked behind a quest. That way it still leaves them as an optional spell while also preventing lower level people from gaining access to them.
      Honestly, if Elucidate or Simplify were trainable, I still wouldn't really use the spell in any of my wizards because I would much rather prefer a damage increasing enchant. A 5 pip Orthrus that does 500 base damage is weaker than a 4 pip Humongofrog enchanted with Epic (566-625) so I wouldn't really suggest spamming an Elucidate Orthrus. Remember you cannot double Sun enchant a hitting spell.

Definitely would be under a level cap to the very least and if that's not enough, then making it available through a side quest behind a main quest requirement is also fair. Certainly at a high level and definitely restricted from PvP. I'm sure there's really nothing that could ever be considered necessarily "OP" in PvE, perhaps something like 0-Pip or 1-pip "OP" spells might just be a strategy to get the upperhand on a cheating boss. No matter what, it would be impossible to be made into a TC in any regard...

I would also like to add that I feel like KI is eventually going to run out of ideas for possible Sun-school types of spells and I don't want the astral schools to simply stop where it's at now, so perhaps these two spells might provide some insight as to possible spells that players can learn.

Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Honestly, if Elucidate or Simplify were trainable, I still wouldn't really use the spell in any of my wizards because I would much rather prefer a damage increasing enchant. A 5 pip Orthrus that does 500 base damage is weaker than a 4 pip Humongofrog enchanted with Epic (566-625) so I wouldn't really suggest spamming an Elucidate Orthrus. Remember you cannot double Sun enchant a hitting spell.

Definitely would be under a level cap to the very least and if that's not enough, then making it available through a side quest behind a main quest requirement is also fair. Certainly at a high level and definitely restricted from PvP. I'm sure there's really nothing that could ever be considered necessarily "OP" in PvE, perhaps something like 0-Pip or 1-pip "OP" spells might just be a strategy to get the upperhand on a cheating boss. No matter what, it would be impossible to be made into a TC in any regard...

I would also like to add that I feel like KI is eventually going to run out of ideas for possible Sun-school types of spells and I don't want the astral schools to simply stop where it's at now, so perhaps these two spells might provide some insight as to possible spells that players can learn.
      I know we can't double sun enchant spells (even though I wish we could sometimes). I'm just thinking about how it could possibly be handy when I'm using my max wizards to carry my lower level wizards through worlds like Krokotopia, Dragonspyre, and some of the mobs in Celestia. I just used Orthrus as an example of something I wouldn't mind spamming because I've been using it a lot at the moment (one blade + epic enchanted). Watching the frog puke got really old so I just quit using it. Although spamming earthquake would be really nice as well.
      Last edited by Phenoixblizzard; 5-9-21 at 10:09:13 AM. Reason: grammar, grammar, grammar.
      Wizards vs Bosses

TIMMEH is offline Legendary Wizard

• TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

They might just release them as part of those new spellemental packs you can pay for to get timed rewards lol. i would kick in a few bucks to get pip reducing spells

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMEH View Post
      They might just release them as part of those new spellemental packs you can pay for to get timed rewards lol. i would kick in a few bucks to get pip reducing spells
      I feel like this type of release would be a wasted opportunity to explore the Astral Schools further through an expanded story through Celestia using a side-questline or main-questline and blocking a useful spell by a paywall is often very annoying to players whom would rather not spend more money on this game than the bare minimum of their enjoyment. I've personally have never used timed rewards ever...

TIMMEH is offline Legendary Wizard

• TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I feel like this type of release would be a wasted opportunity to explore the Astral Schools further through an expanded story through Celestia using a side-questline or main-questline and blocking a useful spell by a paywall is often very annoying to players whom would rather not spend more money on this game than the bare minimum of their enjoyment. I've personally have never used timed rewards ever...
      I agree I would rather have them as a free quest related level capped extension but the way things are shaking out I wouldn't count on it.

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

These spells only reduce the cost of said spell. It does not reduce the damage. Orthrus does 700 now so it would do 700 but with 5 or 6 pips. With that in mind orthrus would be castable round 1 in higher level world doing over 100+ more base damage then frog. THe real question is whether 2 frogs regular enchanted frogs is as efficient as casting base orthrus. in some cases yes others no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast