• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So when are Kiosk gold prices going to decrease?

Title says it all.

To give some context.

The fact that the gold prices at the Pet Kiosk (in the pet pavilion) for a pet hatch is around 85,000 to 100,000+ gold is a very unsettling problem in Wizard101 that hasn't been fixed since its conception. This amount of gold makes it nearly impossible for players under level 50 to hatch with any pet listed in the kiosk considering that practically 95% of all pets within the kiosk are mega pets with high pedigree ("overall score) and wizards under level 50 often do not make enough gold to get up to 85k simply from selling dropped gear plus other unnecessary extremities. Not to mention, in order to get the same pet as the one the player is hatching with (essentially most players intention is to copy those talents into their own pets), a player must hatch with that pet typically 4-5 times making the total cost of getting the desired pet to cost as least 340,000 gold which is clearly impossible for most low leveled wizards. Getting a decent pet makes the game several times easier, meaning that getting a good pet as early as possible is most beneficial for the player. Already at the current price of pet hatching, even players that are level 140 are still encountering challenge with the minimum amount of gold necessary to create their intended pet despite having access to locations where items worth a lot of gold can be sold, quite simply because it's time consuming and repetitive enough that their patience is unnecessarily being tested. The amount of gold is that significant throughout the entire game.

Through the possibility of lending, this problem has indeed mitigated slightly because a lot of players can somewhat easily (assuming players are willing to lend which I've seen many people are if they have the capability of doing so) hatch with a lower cost. However, many players often encounter the problem where they do not see the pet they're looking for in the pet hatchery or quite simply nobody is available during the time they're playing, often resorting to the pet kiosk where they can likely find the pet they're looking to hatch with at a higher cost. This is a problem because once the individual hatches using the kiosk, they will be unlikely to have enough gold to hatch through the lending process as one hatching through the kiosk is often 2-3 hatches through hatching via player's lend considering a player is at a low level, getting back a kiosk-amount of gold is very challenging as most gear from Wizard City - Dragonspyre don't drop significant amounts of gold.

This is also in consideration that low level players do not have access to dungeons where gold-farming occurs (particularly in halfang), sure a player could simply teleport to players that enter the dungeon but it's often that these methods hold players with access to the dungeon an unnecessary liability that players that port to this dungeon must enter on the first round or they will lose their chance at drops. Low level players don't have access to Wintertusk to enter team up or join a dungeon. Other means of gold farming are simply too high level for low level players to do well in considering that the mobs will go first and start with enough pips to attack first turn.

Simply by lowering the amount of gold necessary to hatch with pets in the kiosk will eliminate this problem completely. I and likely several players in the community throughout the years simply wish that pet kiosk prices are lowered to the amount of gold it takes for the regular pet hatching to occur, lowering the gold price from 85-100k gold to somewhere around 30-50k gold similarly to lending.

What are your thoughts??

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: So when are Kiosk gold prices going to decrease?

Hmmm. How can I put this without seeming to vague?
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I thought that the pricing rationale was that the kiosk was made more expensive that normal friendly hatching in order to encourage players to find other pets to hatch via friends, etc. This means that either the wizard needs to put some effort into gaining gold if they don't want to put effort into talking with other players. In the grand scheme of things, wizards under Level 50 don't need super-powered pets, and if they do, they need to work a bit to get them. Gardening and Fishing are super ways to earn gold for such a purpose.

Everything doesn't have to fit the lowest common denominator, and I personally don't think that the Kiosk is one of the aspects of the game that should be almost-instant gratification.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

masterofcatastrophe is offline Legendary Wizard

• masterofcatastrophe's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Isaac
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Old Sparky

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Willowdreamer View Post
      I thought that the pricing rationale was that the kiosk was made more expensive that normal friendly hatching in order to encourage players to find other pets to hatch via friends, etc. This means that either the wizard needs to put some effort into gaining gold if they don't want to put effort into talking with other players. In the grand scheme of things, wizards under Level 50 don't need super-powered pets, and if they do, they need to work a bit to get them. Gardening and Fishing are super ways to earn gold for such a purpose.

Everything doesn't have to fit the lowest common denominator, and I personally don't think that the Kiosk is one of the aspects of the game that should be almost-instant gratification.

Agreed

This issue subsided for a year now.

Obviously I would welcome cheap prices as it would benefit everyone but at the same time, let's consider the fact we never even had a kiosk for a decade. Yet wizards still managed to quest just fine.

I think the kiosk shouldn't be taken for granted. There's always the good ol' way of hatching with other directly as well.

Theres tradeoffs to the 2 processes on both sides here and I'm fine with it

Eclipse summon: a dragon whose wings span the skies; golden sun
      bored? want a "wizardly" change? support my thread!
      SUPPORT MY THREAD TO CHANGE GAZE OF FATE!

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unhappy Re: So when are Kiosk gold prices going to decrease?

While ungodly prices in the Kiosk encourage Player interaction in the Hatchery, it's far better to simply offer greater benefits for in person hatching and make hatching prices what they were before the sloppy Spring update. There are so many pets that you just won't find in the Hatchery, such as specific Ward pets, Max Proof Pets, and unique damage/resist pets. To make hatching with any of these practically impossible for the majority of Players to akin to shooting the game in it's foot.
      Nobody asked for ridiculous Kiosk prices (Well, maybe the Ratbeard simps did) and yet here we are. Your pet is the single best piece of gear you will ever own, so breeding a decent one is key to succeeding in PvP and PvE. With Double Gardening being removed and Halfang/Asrik being silently nerfed, hatching is more expensive now than ever before, and that needs to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>KingNothing View Post
      Hmmm. How can I put this without seeming to vague?
      I mean, to be fair...

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      “. . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.”

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>JaredSpellFrost View Post
      With Double Gardening being removed and Halfang/Asrik being silently nerfed, hatching is more expensive now than ever before, and that needs to change.
      To be sure...Double Gardening HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED! I know you are passionate about the fact that the SEEDS don't drop double, but there are still plenty of opportunities for double gardening. And there are elixirs now as well. At the end of the day if you really want the "best" seeds, there are far more opportunities to get them than ever before.

As to the Kiosk - using the Kiosk as it was when released was a dream come true because it was a shortcut for those looking to eliminate a ton of trial and error. With very little effort someone could filter for the best pets with only the 5 talents (or abilities! Don't forget Derby!) and cut the number of hatches it would take to complete whatever pet project you wanted. At the time it was released it was one of the greatest additions to the game for sure. So, to that end, of course it should cost more - the premium you pay is for having to put in very little effort. It's a bummer that you only get to filter for TWO attributes and not FIVE like you used to, but even still, the Kiosk offers tons of convenience and for lots of folks the extra gold is well worth it.

Rather than lower the cost of Kiosk hatches, I do wish there was some way to "earn" the extra filter slots that were removed. Craftable elixirs that enable you to unlock an additional filter? OR, better yet, tie the additional slot(s) to some badge so that if you have a certain pet badge - say, Pet Warlord for example (of course I was gonna bring in Derby!), or a specific hatching or lending badge - then you unlock one, or two, or even THREE additional filters. Costs would be the same but adding the extra filters would make the boost in gold well worth it.

My 2 cents.

Casp

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: So when are Kiosk gold prices going to decrease?

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      To be sure...Double Gardening HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED! I know you are passionate about the fact that the SEEDS don't drop double, but there are still plenty of opportunities for double gardening. And there are elixirs now as well. At the end of the day if you really want the "best" seeds, there are far more opportunities to get them than ever before.
      I mean, if you don't get double of everything it's more like 1.75x gardening, right? Also, bear in mind that only Couch Potato seeds can be easily accumulated on Wizards who have reached Empyrea- which will make hatching much more difficult for everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      As to the Kiosk - using the Kiosk as it was when released was a dream come true because it was a shortcut for those looking to eliminate a ton of trial and error. With very little effort someone could filter for the best pets with only the 5 talents (or abilities! Don't forget Derby!) and cut the number of hatches it would take to complete whatever pet project you wanted. At the time it was released it was one of the greatest additions to the game for sure. So, to that end, of course it should cost more - the premium you pay is for having to put in very little effort. It's a bummer that you only get to filter for TWO attributes and not FIVE like you used to, but even still, the Kiosk offers tons of convenience and for lots of folks the extra gold is well worth it.
      I'd be fine with the Kiosk costing a bit more, but the current prices are utterly ridiculous. And although the Kiosk made hatching easier, it is still by all means a lengthy process of trial and error that can take weeks to procure a desired pet, made even harder by the limited talent search (The Devs were blatantly shoving our collective faces in the ground by limiting the search function).

Rather than lower the cost of Kiosk hatches, I do wish there was some way to "earn" the extra filter slots that were removed. Craftable elixirs that enable you to unlock an additional filter? OR, better yet, tie the additional slot(s) to some badge so that if you have a certain pet badge - say, Pet Warlord for example (of course I was gonna bring in Derby!), or a specific hatching or lending badge - then you unlock one, or two, or even THREE additional filters. Costs would be the same but adding the extra filters would make the boost in gold well worth it.
      It'd be nice to see Pet Badges play a role in hatching, but bear in mind that Derby is essentially locked behind Membership. Prices simply must be lowered however, since 100k gold per hatch is an ungodly amount that truly drives home the Player/KingsIsle divide. Perhaps not lower costs to what they once were, but make it reasonable and give us back the 5 talent search feature. Honestly though, this game's entry level barriers are hard enough that we really should be trying to tear them down- not build them up even higher!

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I mean, if you don't get double of everything it's more like 1.75x gardening, right? Also, bear in mind that only Couch Potato seeds can be easily accumulated on Wizards who have reached Empyrea- which will make hatching much more difficult for everybody else.
      Double seeds was a boon and those who were able to benefit from this should count themselves lucky. Such is the benefit to jumping onto things fast before KI realizes they've made made a mistake. Would it be nice if Crown seeds still dropped? Of course - I'd love it! But given the crown value of what KI was "giving away" it really is no surprise that they put an end to this. As in so many things KI does, I don't think KI really thinks things all the way through and that's frustrating. But as painful as it is when they take stuff away - like the 5 filters! - in this case I can see why they would fix their initial "oops".

And "much" more difficult? Hopefully we can agree to disagree here because I just don't see it that way. If people hatch the "old fashion way" then costs are actually DOWN from what they used to be so I completely understand the premium on Kiosk prices. Again, would I like it if they were less? Of course! But I understand why a kiosk hatch is so expensive.
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      It'd be nice to see Pet Badges play a role in hatching, but bear in mind that Derby is essentially locked behind Membership. Prices simply must be lowered however, since 100k gold per hatch is an ungodly amount that truly drives home the Player/KingsIsle divide. Perhaps not lower costs to what they once were, but make it reasonable and give us back the 5 talent search feature. Honestly though, this game's entry level barriers are hard enough that we really should be trying to tear them down- not build them up even higher!
      Sorry if it wasn't obvious - my Derby badge mention was just one of my many unscrupulous plugs for a part of the game that KI has so ingloriously neglected. I do wish that KI would tie in more benefits to badges and make badges MEAN something besides just a number, but I wasn't serious about Pet Warlord being related to kiosk prices. (Should be DERBY Warlord FWIW, but that's another windmill I've been tilting at that is meaningless to most).

When it comes down to the OP I'd be happy if Kiosk prices were lowered (and reinstated double seeds), but at the end of the day I'd much rather KI put effort into aspects of the game that truly need attention like all of the glitches before they put effort into "fixing" something that isn't really broken.

Oh...and give Derby some attention.

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 5-7-21 at 3:28:50 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Post Re: So when are Kiosk gold prices going to decrease?

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      Double seeds was a boon and those who were able to benefit from this should count themselves lucky. Such is the benefit to jumping onto things fast before KI realizes they've made made a mistake. Would it be nice if Crown seeds still dropped? Of course - I'd love it! But given the crown value of what KI was "giving away" it really is no surprise that they put an end to this. As in so many things KI does, I don't think KI really thinks things all the way through and that's frustrating. But as painful as it is when they take stuff away - like the 5 filters! - in this case I can see why they would fix their initial "oops".
      I agree that Double Seeds wasn't the best financially wise decision by KingsIsle, but it's implementation was entirely intentional and removing it without any recourse was a terrible choice. For the majority of the game Players won't have access to decent seeds without forking over egregious amounts of money now, and that needs to be fixed. Gardening is key to escaping the class system of Wizard101, but without Double Gardening this is made insanely difficult.

The Kiosk update was among the most popular for a reason, and that reason is because it tore down an entry level barrier. Rebuilding that difficulty won't make the game last longer.

And "much" more difficult? Hopefully we can agree to disagree here because I just don't see it that way. If people hatch the "old fashion way" then costs are actually DOWN from what they used to be so I completely understand the premium on Kiosk prices. Again, would I like it if they were less? Of course! But I understand why a kiosk hatch is so expensive.
      Hatching the "old fashion way" is still tedious and slow, and is downright impossible if you're searching for a specific pet. The Kiosk made hatching for certain talents, pet bodies, and stats achievable and efficient, and so even if hatching in-person costs less it oftentimes must be passed up for those searching for certain pets.
      If I want a Ward pet with Ice, Fire, Balance, and Myth Ward along with proof chances are I won't ever find one in the Hatchery after hours of searching. But if the 5 talent search function still existed, I could unearth such a pet in seconds. My point is that more standard Triple/Double pets will be common and perhaps easier to hatch with nowadays, but anything else will be downright impossible to find.

When it comes down to the OP I'd be happy if Kiosk prices were lowered (and reinstated double seeds), but at the end of the day I'd much rather KI put effort into aspects of the game that truly need attention like all of the glitches before they put effort into "fixing" something that isn't really broken.
      Isn't that the truth.. KingsIsle really needs to stop meddling in things that they clearly don't understand. The Hatchmaking Kiosk was perhaps the second most popular update ever, but they just had to go and muck it up.. Hopefully someday some sense will be beaten into Ratbeard and they'll revert all of the negative changes from the Spring Pet Update that nobody asked for!

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Also, bear in mind that only Couch Potato seeds can be easily accumulated on Wizards who have reached Empyrea- which will make hatching much more difficult for everybody else.
      Couch Potatoes can be fished at several Castles available on Castle Tours, and these same Fishing Wizards will receive gold and much else that they can sell for gold. Determined Wizards will find a way.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast