• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      5,951
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15531
      Thanks (Received)
      10545
      Gold
      10,812.00

      New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      @audacioussalix @FritzFunBringer @Mayonnaisinator @Pyro @RedValkyre99 @Zane

      I posted this issue in a private messsage. Posting the details here to open the conversation for further discussion.

      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist
      Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaisinator
      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist
      Hi everyone. I am starting to review some of the Spells today on the Recent Changes LIst.

      For the Spells with the "Blue" Images that a Creature casts on a Wizard, is there some reason why they are not listed as "Creature Only" Spells? See this one example: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...d_Smoke_Screen

      Or do we need a new 'classification' for them? Need to explain how they are obtained on the Spell page. Any ideas or comments? Or am I missing something here?

      I see most of them listed on this page: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...errant_Paradox
      Hi all,

      I've had some problems deciding how to categorise these Spells as well. They are Spells that are added to your hand temporarily during the Aberrant Paradox fight. Therefore I didn't think it was right to label them "Creature-Only" Spells, since Wizards can cast them, albeit only in one fight. On the Spell Mutations page I've called them "Specific Battle Only", to indicate their limited usage.

      These are very similar in design to the Hot Potato Spells that have been added recently, which are added to your hand during the Stay-Puffed Marshfellow fight.

      If KingsIsle are going to keep using this mechanic in the future then it may be a good idea to create a designation for them? Adding an explanation on the Spell page itself does sound necessary.

      Just my thoughts,

      Mayo
      Thanks Mayo. I need to think about these changes. I noticed that the Spell Image also indicates "No Discard". That should probably be included on the Spell page too. Do we need a separate field set up?

      Also, should we move (copy) this entire discussion to the Open Forums now? I would say 'yes'.

      AluraMist
      "Note:" Should the "No Discard" be set up similar to "No PvP" with a separate field and a new "Category" added?

      I believe that some of these new Spells are also used by Creatures in the new Great Sky Train Robbery Gauntlet. The Spell is cast on a Wizard, and while the Wizard is "Confused", these new Spells are randomly selected and cast (without the Wizard choosing them). I don't have the full mechanics down yet on this. Only ran the Gauntlet once so far.
      Last edited by AluraMist; 5-1-21 at 5:37:46 PM. Reason: Added 'note'.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    2. #2
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      5,951
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15531
      Thanks (Received)
      10545
      Gold
      10,812.00

      Re: New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      @Mayonnaisinator I received this feedback from @Emancipator:

      Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
      I've been talking with Mayo about my recent spell discoveries and how best to add the Aberrant Paradox spells to wiki since it has been bothering me that they haven't been set up yet. Ya these cards do have a lock on them which indicates they are no discard, and the description on them was just to ensure people would understand the mechanic when it was first introduced. The lock I believe is the standard of indication for the cards being no discard. I wouldn't mind there being a field to manually add a field for discard = No and this field should only show up as a special field when it's needed to indicate no discard.

      I sort of like to call these spells Added Spell to Hand (aka ASTH) as they are spells added to a players spell hand. Perhaps another field would be suited for those. I'm not sure if the way I call these spells is a good enough one. Maybe someone can think of something else.

      By the way if you are confused about how the Confuse mechanic in the game works, it basically just takes a random spell from your current hand of 7 spells and casts one of them at the opponent or your ally. Meaning your attack can hit yourself or an ally, or have an ally spell be cast on the opponents. Reducing the amount of spells you have by discarding will make it more likely to pick from the few spells in your hand that aren't discarded. It's quite a weird spell affect.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    3. #3
        Mayonnaisinator is offline Wiki Master
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      168
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      312
      Thanks (Received)
      252
      Gold
      1,160.00

      Re: New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      As I've been trying to sort out other Categories on the wiki, these Spells have been cropping up in annoying places, so I want to settle this and decide how to designate them properly.

      In terms of naming the field, some of my ideas are "specificbattle" (since they are restricted to only certain battles), or "givenspell"/"givenby" (since they are given to you by Creatures).

      I was thinking that the field could ask you to enter the Creature that gives you the spells? So it would be "givenby = Aberrant Paradox", and that could display text like "This Spell is given to you when fighting Aberrant Paradox". That would cause a problem if there are multiple fights that give the same Spells, such as the various tiers of the Great Sky Train Robbery Gauntlet.

      There could also be problems in the future if these Spells are ever given by a non-Creature source. For example, if there is a new Spell that gives you one of these blue Spells after you cast it. Then the field would have to be adjusted to handle that.

      Any other thoughts on implementation?

      As an aside, I did set up an optional "discard" field for these types of Spells.

    4. #4
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      5,951
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15531
      Thanks (Received)
      10545
      Gold
      10,812.00

      Re: New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaisinator View Post
      As I've been trying to sort out other Categories on the wiki, these Spells have been cropping up in annoying places, so I want to settle this and decide how to designate them properly.

      In terms of naming the field, some of my ideas are "specificbattle" (since they are restricted to only certain battles), or "givenspell"/"givenby" (since they are given to you by Creatures).

      I was thinking that the field could ask you to enter the Creature that gives you the spells? So it would be "givenby = Aberrant Paradox", and that could display text like "This Spell is given to you when fighting Aberrant Paradox". That would cause a problem if there are multiple fights that give the same Spells, such as the various tiers of the Great Sky Train Robbery Gauntlet.

      There could also be problems in the future if these Spells are ever given by a non-Creature source. For example, if there is a new Spell that gives you one of these blue Spells after you cast it. Then the field would have to be adjusted to handle that.

      Any other thoughts on implementation?

      As an aside, I did set up an optional "discard" field for these types of Spells.
      Thanks for setting up the 'discard' field. Looks good from what I can see.

      As far as the Blue Image Spells, I like the idea of "givenspell". But do we need to go into specifics for 'who gave it'?

      Can it just designate "givenspell" = The Spell is given to Wizards by the Creature during specific battles.

      That's just my first reaction. Have to think about this some more. Any other ideas / suggestions are welcome too.

      AluraMist
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    5. #5
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      5,951
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15531
      Thanks (Received)
      10545
      Gold
      10,812.00

      Re: New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      Thanks for setting up the 'discard' field. Looks good from what I can see.

      As far as the Blue Image Spells, I like the idea of "givenspell". But do we need to go into specifics for 'who gave it'?

      Can it just designate "givenspell" = The Spell is given to Wizards by the Creature during specific battles.

      That's just my first reaction. Have to think about this some more. Any other ideas / suggestions are welcome too.

      AluraMist
      Hi Mayo. Just saw this recent edit for the 'given' Spells. Minor editing comment: Wizards should be caps, and I think that 'battles' or 'duels' would sound better than 'fights'.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    6. #6
        Mayonnaisinator is offline Wiki Master
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      168
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      312
      Thanks (Received)
      252
      Gold
      1,160.00

      Re: New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      Hi Mayo. Just saw this recent edit for the 'given' Spells. Minor editing comment: Wizards should be caps, and I think that 'battles' or 'duels' would sound better than 'fights'.
      I agree with both of those changes - I was focusing on other things when checking over so didn't properly think about that stuff, although the text will be displayed in all capitals anyway so the capital 'W' in Wizards shouldn't matter too much.

      As for the actual implementation of the field, you enter "Yes" if the Spell is given to Wizards during certain battles like Aberrant Paradox, or Stay-Puffed Marshfellow. Also, where should we stand on adding non-blue spells to this field? For example, the Spells used during the tutorial are quite unique, and there doesn't appear to be a polymorph involved (unless it's invisible), unlike in other fights, like against the Aethyr Titan. So could we classify these as "Given Spells"?

      EDIT: Also, should enchantments be automatically removed on "Given Spell" pages? Currently none of the spells given can be enchanted, but that might not always be the case.
      Last edited by Mayonnaisinator; 5-21-21 at 11:44:56 AM.

    7. #7
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      5,951
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15531
      Thanks (Received)
      10545
      Gold
      10,812.00

      Re: New Spells (Blue Images) -- require Wiki changes?

      Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaisinator View Post
      I agree with both of those changes - I was focusing on other things when checking over so didn't properly think about that stuff, although the text will be displayed in all capitals anyway so the capital 'W' in Wizards shouldn't matter too much.

      As for the actual implementation of the field, you enter "Yes" if the Spell is given to Wizards during certain battles like Aberrant Paradox, or Stay-Puffed Marshfellow. Also, where should we stand on adding non-blue spells to this field? For example, the Spells used during the tutorial are quite unique, and there doesn't appear to be a polymorph involved (unless it's invisible), unlike in other fights, like against the Aethyr Titan. So could we classify these as "Given Spells"?

      EDIT: Also, should enchantments be automatically removed on "Given Spell" pages? Currently none of the spells given can be enchanted, but that might not always be the case.
      Thanks Mayo. I know the edits were minor. Thanks for the reply.

      Before I forget, I noticed all of the Template changes and page changes (Spells, etc.) that you are doing. Is there anything that I can do to help? Or is it better to just stay out of your way, and then revisit the changes after the dust settles? Let me know if I can do anything.

      As far as the 'non-blue Spells', at first glance it looks like they would fall into that new Category for 'Given Spells'. I can't seem to find a better answer or change to make on them.

      And I agree that Spell Enchantments should be removed from the 'Given Spells'.

      Thanks again for all of the work and changes that you are doing. Be careful that you don't burn yourself out.

      AluraMist
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •