----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

40 wooden keys, no mount?!?!?!?!??!?!

Before counting my keys, I spent like 10 wooden keys farming Spirit of Ignorance for the Purple fairy wings mount.

After I started counting, I've added 30 more extra keys. And I have not gotten the mount to drop.

I heard one guy tell me the mount isn't that hard to get. And one person that I used my keys with got the actual permanent mount to drop.

But I legit have not gotten the mount in 40 runs, and neither have 30+ runs dropped a mount (from people tagging along). Only one permanent mount was dropped and the player got it on their first run....at

So that's like 1 mount drop out of 70 runs (including my teammates' runs)

The temporary mount has dropped a few times (twice for me and a few times for other people).

I feel like the 1-day, 7-day, and 15-day versions share the same drop pool with the perm mount. So if there's 4% chance of getting a mount, only 1 in 4% will be the permanent mount, while the other 3% will drop the 3 temporary options.

Mount farming really is supposed to be some type of impossible.. That way players will have something to do.........

Next mounts to farm. Roc mount and fire whirldwind (farming ultra huckleberries from rattle master duel to craft whirlwind). (edit: added luphillim wings and boat mount )

Edit: Sigh.. this is one of my weekly rant posts.
      The questions I have for myself are: Is the blue moon drop rate fair? and Is there a better way to farm keys?

It requires 10-20 hours of key farming to get this mount. It's among one of the rarest farmable mounts in the game. Is it worth 20 hours of farming? Yes. It's among the best mounts in the game, better than even the stormrider hare. So yes, it is worthy of being one of the hardest mounts to acquire.

Is there a better way of farming keys? I've been farming marleybones's rooftop for keys. Prior to the crit nerfs, I had juicy drop rates and 2-turn kills. After the updates, my drop rates seem nightmarish, and I need 3-turns to kill each boss round.

So, poor rated, poor speed, and high focus cost. Why is it bad that rooftop requires most of my attention? Because when I play wiz, I try to multitask in order to do more real life work and in game work. It's hard to multi-task rooftop.

The nerfs to rooftop clear speed are an indirect buff to other one-turn wood key boss fights, like oakheart, nightshadde, prince gobblestone, kraken, etc. Since these fights could still be 1-turn cleared at the same efficiency. These fights may drop wood keys faster.

Now, how do I farm wooden keys with the least amount off focus in order to better multi-task? One of the weaknesses of oakheart and wiz city bosses is that you have to walk out of the dungeon and wait 10 sec. to reenter the dungeon. A weakness of kraken is that walking out and into the kraken sigil does not respawn the boss.

So what am I doing?

As of this moment, I am farming kraken and typing this post at the same time. Just got a key
      Turns out, kraken is the lowest focus bosses, because I can't force him to respawn, I just afk to let him respawn, and he will draw me into the waters of battle without me running into him.

I don't need to do anything. I just click one aoe every 30 sec., and I will auto farm keys whilst multitasking.
      The drop rate per time is also top tier up there with rooftop (after the crit nerfs) I would suspect, so I'm not farming any slower, while farming with less focus expended.

Edit 2: 2 keys in about 20 minutes??? Edit 3: turned into 2 keys in 60 minutes.. whutevs
      Edit 3: Kraken and Oakheart drop rates are so low I am forced to return to rooftop to farm. Multi tasking only works if doing low focus tasks... which can be a good thing
      Last edited by sparkfiredust; 5-1-21 at 3:21:21 AM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: 40 wooden keys, no mount?!?!?!?!??!?!

There's nothing that Kingsisle will do to make getting a permanent mount easier for you because they benefit from your misery (maybe even enjoy your pain) because the lowered drop rates of items that are desirable could possibly get you to spend crowns and buy longer memberships. They think you might buy Skeleton Key bundles or even an overpriced bundle that includes the Purple Fairy Wings mount. They think if they stall your farming time with a poor drop rate, you'll run out of time before the area becomes inaccessible due to membership loss, thus getting you to buy another month of membership.

Anything that gets this company money is ultimately a win for them even if it means that the effort of its customers are wasted.

Honestly if I were you, I would give up and get a different mount since the Spirit of Ignorance only drops that one mount so the probability of you getting a mount from that boss is fairly miniscule.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

SeptenaryRavens is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Don't worry, this isn't isolated. I have probably farmed Ra 60+ times over the last few years, and only received one Moonlight Pony. The easiest mount drop from a key boss I think are the wings from Omen. I've also probably farmed the Oni in Hollow Mountain a couple dozen times with no Kirin mounts in-hand either.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SeptenaryRavens View Post
      Don't worry, this isn't isolated. I have probably farmed Ra 60+ times over the last few years, and only received one Moonlight Pony. The easiest mount drop from a key boss I think are the wings from Omen. I've also probably farmed the Oni in Hollow Mountain a couple dozen times with no Kirin mounts in-hand either.
      The Stone Key boss in Stone Town (Zafaria) drops Pirate Boats often too!

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

SeptenaryRavens is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      The Stone Key boss in Stone Town (Zafaria) drops Pirate Boats often too!
      I can attest to that! They drop more often than stone keys and spellements combined.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: 40 wooden keys, no mount?!?!?!?!??!?!

I've managed to pull a Camel and Crokogator mount from Ra, but that was several years ago. I'm willing to bet that KingsIsle has probably fiddled with the droprates since then. If you're after the Fairy Wing mounts, I suggest farming the Five BOXES event. Not only do you have a chance for these magical mounts, but Sonic Springs, energy gear, and Couch Potatoes drop too! Just bear in mind that such items will only drop if your wizard is of the appropriate level.
      For instance, only Wizards levels 1-20 will receive the quality loot from the first box. The final box has no level restriction, though. Good hunting!

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      I've managed to pull a Camel and Crokogator mount from Ra, but that was several years ago. I'm willing to bet that KingsIsle has probably fiddled with the droprates since then. If you're after the Fairy Wing mounts, I suggest farming the Five BOXES event. Not only do you have a chance for these magical mounts, but Sonic Springs, energy gear, and Couch Potatoes drop too! Just bear in mind that such items will only drop if your wizard is of the appropriate level.
      For instance, only Wizards levels 1-20 will receive the quality loot from the first box. The final box has no level restriction, though. Good hunting!

you sure about that? My lvl 75 (at the time) wizard got all its sonic springs and couch potatoes from WC 5 boxes event..?
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Arrow Re: 40 wooden keys, no mount?!?!?!?!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      you sure about that? My lvl 75 (at the time) wizard got all its sonic springs and couch potatoes from WC 5 boxes event..?
      The Greenwarden gear and mounts won't drop if you're overleveled. The same goes for the Lost pages event!

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 4-29-21 at 4:09:03 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

the most frequent perm. mount drops are from RA and appropriate level for the five boxes. never really wanted the current crafted mounts in there so i usually do not farm for sonic springs.
      RA will drop a mount usually in 4 times on a dual account fights. it is getting a specific mount from him that is hard.

other bosses from either skeleton key or otherwise(there are a few who actually drop perm. mounts) is usually very hard to get. it has to be a very powerful hard boss to get a mount within a few tries like Omen.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup