•  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Spell Changes, Spring 2021 Test Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Rose View Post
      Did they... did they just accidentally make Pigsie irrelevant?
      well yes and no as with spellements you can buff pigsie to 600+ but now you wont feel forced to get it (i knew i should of crafted rat spin)
      Wolf soulstalker 140 Alex nightshade 140 Valkoor Wild 140 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm not fond of the change to Chimera although my Balance is past the point where they'd ever use it. I always found the triple hit off-school spells frustrating to work with compared to randomized single hits like Spectral Blast and Nested Fury. I'd prefer if Hydra and Chimera scrapped the triple hits in favor of working like Spectral Blast.

Maybe that's something that can be looked into later once the damage curve/tempo/utility audit is finished.
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 4-15-21 at 10:59:02 PM.

Flash33 is offline Exalted

• Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Various

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Hex View Post
      I'm not fond of the change to Chimera although my Balance is past the point where they'd ever use it. I always found the triple hit off-school spells frustrating to work with compared to randomized single hits like Spectral Blast and Nested Fury. I'd prefer if Hydra and Chimera scrapped the triple hits in favor of working like Spectral Blast.

Maybe that's something that can be looked into later once the damage curve/tempo/utility audit is finished.
      If that happened then their uniqueness and reason to use them over the randomized hits would be gone, so I see no need for that change. That aside I'm having a hard time understanding how they can be frustrating to work with since:

1. All you'd really need to do is setup a tri-blade and a Balanceblade like you'd do with Spectral/Spirit Blast, Gaze of Fate and Nested Fury. Sure it makes using universal traps clunky but that's partly why the tri-traps exist.
      2. They still use your Balance damage like the aforementioned spells do.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      If that happened then their uniqueness and reason to use them over the randomized hits would be gone, so I see no need for that change. That aside I'm having a hard time understanding how they can be frustrating to work with since:

1. All you'd really need to do is setup a tri-blade and a Balanceblade like you'd do with Spectral/Spirit Blast, Gaze of Fate and Nested Fury. Sure it makes using universal traps clunky but that's partly why the tri-traps exist.
      Triple head hits are troublesome because you can't boost more than one of them at time with non-balance school blades.

to make a practical example, when I was soloing WW at lvl 70, i'd use chimera to kill Luska, and had to load one blade of each from myth, life and death, beside my universals and the spirit ones.

When you compare it to other spells like minotaur, for example, where one single blade boosts both hits, you can understand that it gets a bit crafty.

Also sometimes you will boost one head alone rather than the three of them, and use the first one or two to break shields, or use the boosted one against an enemy of the opposing school. For example, you can use the life head against a death opponent, who will be little damamged by the death one, but get increased damage from the life head.

This latter is a decent strategy to fight against krampus, for example, because of his many shields.

And you should remember that before the last changes, each head had a chance for critical, and since then, each head has a chance to be blocked... See the little detail that makes all the difference? ;-)

Well all this is part of the balance Advanced strategical play, which is precisely what our dear devs apply so dearly every day to destroy.

So now none of these or the other half dozen strategies involving chimera will be of any use, since we lost more than 15% of the base damage in a whiff (meaning it would need an extra 20% blade to make up for it -one extra round, one extra pip..).

Edit: forgot to add that, for various reasons, this damage reduction makes hydra more viable than chimera (because of the order of heads and relative boosts).

At this point, "hop" and it goes on the deadpiled bodies with the other cards: RA, loremaster, mana burn, spectral minion - oh, look! I dig out a precision.. nah just kidding.

I think devs should just bring all balance damage down to 0 per pip.

It would make more sense and end the continuous suffering. Guess their sadist side likes to express...
      Last edited by richardDkht; 4-16-21 at 11:20:24 AM.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post

From my personal experience it ends up being an expensive setup pip wise with mediorce payoff. Yes, tri-blades, traps, and spears exist. But they each cost 1-2 pips each. And I say 1-2 because Balance ends up being one of those schools that tends to have very high pip chance from gear so you may end up losing an extra pip if you use these spells when all you have are power pips. You don't start getting pip conversion until 120+ (I think?) at which point there are better options for dealing with Balance bosses and enemies like Shrike and Nested Fury.

Balanceblade + Tri-blade with Chimera alone will not take out much of a Balance boss's health in some of the mid-level worlds like AV and AZ, especially if they used Spirit Shield beforehand which is pretty common. The newly buffed Tri-spears might help with that a bit, but that'll still be an extra 1-2 pips on top of the base 9 pips for Chimera itself and whatever other "tri" buffs you are planning to use. So you could be investing like 14+ pips total into a single attack that by AV and AZ very likely won't even kill the boss unless they're already at like <50% health.
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 4-17-21 at 1:23:13 PM. Reason: removed extra words

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234