• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
        Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Splitting up Loremaster

Let's say Loremaster is split into different Loremasters scattered throughout the spiral!
      This would mean that the original Loremaster is not dropping as many spells as she is now and players can concentrate on a specific Loremaster for a specific spell for their school (instead of the ridiculous likelihood that they'll get a spell that's not from their school)

1. Original Loremaster (Athenaeum, Dragonspyre) will drop:
      Loremaster, Keeper of the Flame, Luminous Weaver
      Required Unlock: Speak to Milos Bookwyrm Main Quest Line

2. Wysteria Loremaster (Pigswick Academy Library, Wysteria) will drop:
      Pigsie, Angry Snowpigs, and Ninja Piglets
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Finish Wysteria Main Quest Line

3. Grizzleheim Loremaster (Niderviller, Grizzleheim) will drop:
      Grendel's Amends, Rat Spin, and Thor's Hammer
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Finish Grizzleheim Main Quest Line

4. Mooshu Loremaster (Shoshun Village House, Mooshu) will drop:
      Goat Monk, Ninja Pigs, and Samoorai
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Defeat Mika Skarka in Avalon Main Quest Line

5. Aqulia Loremaster (In Cave, Aqulia Wizard City) wil drop:
      Hephaestus, Athena Battle, Sight, and Queen Calypso
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Complete Mount Olympus

6. Avalon Loremaster (High Road Broken Gate, Avalon) will drop:
      Deer Knight, Handsome Fomori, Catalan, and Brimstone Revenant
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Talk to Sir Pipe Del Lago in Avalon Main Quest Line

7. Azteca Loremaster (Hidden Area in Zultun Dock, Azteca) will drop:
      Wintermoon, Lord of Night, Savage Paw
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Talk to Pacal Redmask for first time in Azteca Main Quest Line

8. Holiday Loremaster (Colossus Boulevard Tower, retired Great Troll location, Wizard City) will drop:
      Krampus, Headless Horseman, Reindeer Knight
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Finish BriskBreeze Tower Side Quest Line

What are your thoughts?????? Do you think this is a possibility??

Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 3-21-21 at 12:10:25 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Splitting up Loremaster

While the idea does sound good, only one of my wizards have actually gotten any spells from Loremaster in Dragonspyre.

Somehow, Talon my life-stealing Death; had finished Dragonspyre without doing Loremaster, so one October I took him through the Loremaster chamber and he obtained Headless Horseman on his first try.

None of my other wizards were able to obtain anything from her.

Oxnhorse

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: Splitting up Loremaster

This is a good idea, but it needs a few tweaks. While the idea of splitting Loremaster up in this way is thematic, it isn't exactly practical- and when it comes to Lore spells, you'll want efficiency over aesthetics!

The OG Loremaster should remain the same, but we need to see 7 new bosses- one for each school- added to the mysterious halls of the Wizard City Library. Each would consistently drop their respective Spellements and spells, which would make farming for spells you desire much simpler!
      Also note that the questline to battle each of these bosses would not be tied to the main storyline, as that would make it PTW and impossible for low level Duelists to participate in the grind.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      This is a good idea, but it needs a few tweaks. While the idea of splitting Loremaster up in this way is thematic, it isn't exactly practical- and when it comes to Lore spells, you'll want efficiency over aesthetics!

The OG Loremaster should remain the same, but we need to see 7 new bosses- one for each school- added to the mysterious halls of the Wizard City Library. Each would consistently drop their respective Spellements and spells, which would make farming for spells you desire much simpler!
      Also note that the questline to battle each of these bosses would not be tied to the main storyline, as that would make it PTW and impossible for low level Duelists to participate in the grind.

Good Ideas, it would definitely make it much easier if the bosses dropped the spellements/spells for a specific school rather than having it mixed out by doing it somewhat pack-specific. If that were to happen, I would certainly enjoy that more than my original idea (that is if I make a new character, I already have all of my needed spells lol) since I would only need to farm one single boss rather than jump from one to another.

In making the Spellement and Spell drop rate somewhat high, I feel like perhaps it would be way too little of a work for something as significant as an entire spell and there should be a slight difficulty in getting the spell. I would really only make the 1 Spellement or 5 Spellements somewhat uncommon and would make something like 30 Spellements or the entire spell extremely rare (or as rare as it is now). That way there's somewhat of a level of accomplishment in actually taking some effort in getting these spells even if it's against the player as a challenge.

The only reason I put it would be tied to the Main quest line is assuming the player doesn't have friends to teleport to, how would they get to that world in the first place. But you don't have to complete Dragonspyre for the Loremaster quest to be available for all players that are somehow able to get to the Athenaeum in the first place. The only thing actually getting to the Milos Bookwyrm does is allow for the player to use Team Up. Perhaps it should be kept that way for all "versions" of Loremaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      While the idea does sound good, only one of my wizards have actually gotten any spells from Loremaster in Dragonspyre.

Somehow, Talon my life-stealing Death; had finished Dragonspyre without doing Loremaster, so one October I took him through the Loremaster chamber and he obtained Headless Horseman on his first try.

None of my other wizards were able to obtain anything from her.

Oxnhorse
      I crafted like 85% of the spells that my chars' spells

Dylan Windwalker crafted: Ninja Piglets, Loremaster (got Savage Paw, Samoorai by drop)

Valerian JadeBlade crafted: Rat Spin, Luminous Weaver, Goat Monk (got Pigsie by drop)

Scot Waterwielder crafted: Wintermoon (got Angry Snowpigs, Handsome Fomori, Reindeer Knight by drop)

Seth DreamDreamer crafted: Lord of Night, Deer Knight (got Headless Horseman by drop)

I would really consider crafting the spells since the way Loremaster is right now, the chances of getting the spell you want are extremely low...

]The OG Loremaster should remain the same, but we need to see 7 new bosses- one for each school- added to the mysterious halls of the Wizard City Library. Each would consistently drop their respective Spellements and spells, which would make farming for spells you desire much simpler
      i've always assumed the mysterious halls of the Wizard City Library was going to be an entirely different boss apart from Loremaster for Low-Level Rank 1 Spellement drops that are already introduced to the game. There's already a Bloodbat, Dark Sprite, Fire Cat, Scarab, Frost Beetle, Thunder Snake, and Imp Spellements. All of which would be perfect for Wizard City since it's a beginners area.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 3-21-21 at 1:30:42 PM. Reason: double posted

Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

As far as the Spellements are concerned, I don't think any area besides Skeleton Key Bosses and Karamelle have them (including the Underground in Wizard City).

I tried during the Winter season of Wiz101 to get Reindeer Knight, but after about 30 runs, I gave up. I got tired of going in with 4 people and then finally getting registered in game as Loremaster was defeated.

Oxnhorse

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

As far as the Spellements are concerned, I don't think any area besides Skeleton Key Bosses and Karamelle have them (including the Underground in Wizard City).

I tried during the Winter season of Wiz101 to get Reindeer Knight, but after about 30 runs, I gave up. I got tired of going in with 4 people and then finally getting registered in game as Loremaster was defeated.

Oxnhorse
      Certainly not enough Spellement bosses either in the game but I'm optimistic it won't be like this forever. I have yet to ever upgrade any spell other than Daybringer, Nightbringer, Reindeer Knight, Krampus, and the level 140 spells, certainly if it was possible to farm for other spellements reasonably without the use of Skeleton Keys, it would give reasons for me and many other players to continue playing this game.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Arrow Re: Splitting up Loremaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      In making the Spellement and Spell drop rate somewhat high, I feel like perhaps it would be way too little of a work for something as significant as an entire spell and there should be a slight difficulty in getting the spell. I would really only make the 1 Spellement or 5 Spellements somewhat uncommon and would make something like 30 Spellements or the entire spell extremely rare (or as rare as it is now).
      I disagree, Spellements should be dropping every single battle in amounts of 1-10, and every so often 30 or 35. It takes over 700 Spellements to fully upgrade a Rank 1 spell, and this necessitates a frequent droprate. The point of these Spellements copiously dropping is to take the focus off of PTW Packs, which means Spellements dropping every single time!

Of course, it will still be a challenge as you're not guaranteed to get the Spellements you need, even if they're split according to school- but it would be achievable without burning your life savings, which is what the game needs to see!

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I disagree, Spellements should be dropping every single battle in amounts of 1-10, and every so often 30 or 35. It takes over 700 Spellements to fully upgrade a Rank 1 spell, and this necessitates a frequent droprate. The point of these Spellements copiously dropping is to take the focus off of PTW Packs, which means Spellements dropping every single time!

Of course, it will still be a challenge as you're not guaranteed to get the Spellements you need, even if they're split according to school- but it would be achievable without burning your life savings, which is what the game needs to see!

Fair enough, 700 Spellements is a large endeavour just by itself and there's already a lot of spells that have Spellement upgrades.
      We have to make it so that getting Spellements from a boss drop must be clearly more favorable than spending an unreasonable and copious amount of money in order fully upgrade the spell

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Cody SoulSword my Cosmic Storm upgraded his spell at least once by the time Karamelle was completed, and out of the 6 wizards on my account, his is the coolest in my opinion. The Hills Are Alive transitioning to heavy metal rat that blasts all enemies never really gets old.

2 others upgraded theirs but their spells aren't as appealing to me as Storm. If Life's was an attack all enemies it would have a close second. Even the Death one is enough to make someone upchuck their lunch.

The rest of my group, minus Myth, have awesome graphics, but I tend to play cards that attack all enemies; not the solo ones.

The battle in Gobblerton Castle with the regenerating Oogie Boogie snots was a challenge and a nail biter for me, with the solo spells.

I would like to see a rise in the amount of Spellments as well, but I'm not wanting KI/Gamigo to raise the health points in order to achieve that end.

Oxnhorse

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cody SoulSword my Cosmic Storm upgraded his spell at least once by the time Karamelle was completed, and out of the 6 wizards on my account, his is the coolest in my opinion. The Hills Are Alive transitioning to heavy metal rat that blasts all enemies never really gets old.

2 others upgraded theirs but their spells aren't as appealing to me as Storm. If Life's was an attack all enemies it would have a close second. Even the Death one is enough to make someone upchuck their lunch.

The rest of my group, minus Myth, have awesome graphics, but I tend to play cards that attack all enemies; not the solo ones.

The battle in Gobblerton Castle with the regenerating Oogie Boogie snots was a challenge and a nail biter for me, with the solo spells.

I would like to see a rise in the amount of Spellments as well, but I'm not wanting KI/Gamigo to raise the health points in order to achieve that end.

Oxnhorse
      I upgraded Grenadier once to 6pips because the Swans aren't useful enough and I upgraded Shatterhorn once because Ice doesn't have a 6-pip shadow spell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast