• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 27
    1. #11
      KieranCaster's Avatar
        KieranCaster is offline Magus Wizard

      • KieranCaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  KieranCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Constable Millie - The Critical Pet!
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ornery Kookaburra
      Status: Thankful!!
       
      Mood:
      Amused2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      1,101
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1400
      Thanks (Received)
      1291
      Gold
      1,618.08

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Strong View Post
      Ohhhhhhhhhh why people saying its pierce i even had to triple check it. So to get this straight, they're regular 15% traps? The only difference is that they're activate by dot spells right? Well then its not so useless but i think magma colossus or fire wyvern was better. Thanks for the clarification
      I voted for Fire Wyvern. Most people probably thought the original fire beetle was coming back. I certainly did, but still would prefer Fire Wyvern.

      It's funny how Fire is treated like it's top tier, and spells are nerfed and restricted as if Fire is dominating.

      Making the Beetle provide traps for only over time spells when it should be for all spell is another nerf brought on by the illusion that Fire is Top Tier and needs to be nerfed.

      On the test realm, I will ask that both Fire Wyvern and Fire Beetle become trainable spells.
      And suggest they return Burning Rampage back to its original design.

      Just my thoughts.

      KC
      Last edited by KieranCaster; 4-6-21 at 9:46:39 PM. Reason: grammer

    2. #12
      Happy Fun Ball's Avatar
        Happy Fun Ball is online now Grandmaster Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Posts
      3,476
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      102
      Thanks (Received)
      4338
      Gold
      1,494.00

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by KieranCaster View Post
      I voted for Fire Wyvern. Most people probably thought the original fire beetle was coming back. I certainly did, but still would prefer Fire Wyvern.

      It's funny how Fire is treated like it's top tier, and spells are nerfed and restricted as if Fire is dominating.

      Making the Beetle provide traps for only over time spells when it should be for all spell is another nerf brought on by the illusion that Fire is Top Tier and needs to be nerfed.

      On the test realm, I will ask that both Fire Wyvern and Fire Beetle become trainable spells.
      And suggest they return Burning Rampage back to its original design.

      Just my thoughts.

      KC
      Those dot traps aren't quite as bad as you might think. They are harder to remove by other spells except dots (so no wiseguys using immolate on themselves, or fire beetles removing a trap to add three more leaving you one short) and should count for traps by the scion as well. Two beetles should be all you need to set up the scion, and the hits remove shields as well.

    3. #13
      KieranCaster's Avatar
        KieranCaster is offline Magus Wizard

      • KieranCaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  KieranCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Constable Millie - The Critical Pet!
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ornery Kookaburra
      Status: Thankful!!
       
      Mood:
      Amused2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      1,101
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1400
      Thanks (Received)
      1291
      Gold
      1,618.08

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
      Those dot traps aren't quite as bad as you might think. They are harder to remove by other spells except dots (so no wiseguys using immolate on themselves, or fire beetles removing a trap to add three more leaving you one short) and should count for traps by the scion as well. Two beetles should be all you need to set up the scion, and the hits remove shields as well.
      Great points! It still makes for a strategic burden when only a DOT will activate the trap - which is only 15%. From my perspective, I am not sure why the nerfs need to be so severe when Fire is not a top tier school.

      Thanks for looking at this from a very positive approach.
      Last edited by KieranCaster; 4-6-21 at 10:29:54 PM.

    4. #14
      Jesse Strong's Avatar
        Jesse Strong is online now Prodigious

      • Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast
      Status: Back to action!
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      23,742
      PvP Tournaments Won
      9
      Thanks (Given)
      3352
      Thanks (Received)
      9350
      Gold
      4,672.00

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
      Those dot traps aren't quite as bad as you might think. They are harder to remove by other spells except dots (so no wiseguys using immolate on themselves, or fire beetles removing a trap to add three more leaving you one short) and should count for traps by the scion as well. Two beetles should be all you need to set up the scion, and the hits remove shields as well.
      Since its dot traps i dont think scion work with it. I agree, they keep on nerfing fire like if we controlling the arena lol we are top 3 right now and with this update got hit like if we were top 1. I hope ki start looking at fire the good way, i believe we suffered too much already

      Ps: imma take a look at the scion situation and let ya know

      Scion doesnt work with the beetle traps
      Last edited by Jesse Strong; 4-6-21 at 11:57:42 PM.

    5. #15
        sparkfiredust is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • sparkfiredust's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Steven DragonFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  69
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      76
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      38
      Thanks (Received)
      65
      Gold
      85.50

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      In terms of the hatching cost being too high, that is specifically when hatching with a mega pet. If you hatch with adult / ancient pets, the price should be within 30k-50k.

      Also I think after the crit rework, everyone can one turn crit farm halfang super easily, so gold is plentiful. It shouldn't be hard to find a farming partner if necessary.

      In my opinion the talent manifestation system works that there's a 70% chance to manifest a parent's manifested talent, and 30% chance to manifest an unmanifested parent talent. When you hatch with a mega pet, there's a 30% chance to get a fail talent from parent's unmanifested pool. When hatching with an adult pet, there's 3 out of 8 unmanifested parent talents that are desired. So there's only 5/8 bad talents out of a 30% chance, or 18.75% chance of failure. So if this theory is true, hatching with mega pets is not ideal past the first/second hatch. The first / 2nd hatch can be done to acquire all 5 talents into the pet's pool.

      I think kingsisle will make some lore spell recipes easier, but they're not impossible. Crafting ratspin took some time, but the difficulty was the same as farming for gear. The tcs just require farming halfang then buying empowers to trade for ratspin tc. Amber can be group farmed from olympus secret bosses, and agave nectar was simply a matter of grinding out the agave in mangrove marsh, and there's different optimized routes that can be used to farm reagents like agave.


      Gear is only upgraded every 30-40 levels, but it wasn't always like that. Back in the 2nd arc, criticals were frequent and did 2x damage, so everyone crafted the avalon crit gear for PVE and PVP. Then at some point crit got nerfed for pvp, and so the crit was less powerful compared to the balanced stats of waterworks gear. Before the nerf, people would upgrade their waterworks with crafted gear from avalon and possibly zafaria. Because crit got nerfed, therefore waterworks outshadowed crafted and hades gear. If kingsisle buffed crit to more heavily increase crit damage, people would be willing to sacrifice the resist from waterworks to get more crit and damage. But there's not a good enough reason to change crit atm. Or maybe there is a reason, as buffing the damage ratio would open up critical gear sets, since those died out after the crit rework.

      Also another reason we only upgrade gear at waterworks, darkmoor, etc. is simply cause those gear releases were op, instead of having small gear increases every 10 levels. Celestia gear straight up doubled dragonspyre gear or something, and darkmoor gave a ton of crit and shadow pip chance (but now the crit is less useful). Maybe it was intentional to create long term farming spots.


      For me the fire beetle change is interesting. Old fire beetle tc gave 3 traps, while the new fire beetle basically gives a 15% blade for dots. It doesn't seem better than a 15% blade, as it can't be used with single target hits. Possibly instead of it being 3 traps that get used by one dot, make it 4-5 traps that can be used for 2 dots, or 2 blades since it's only 15%.

      Being able to trade tc through shared bank would be useful. In other games I had used a mailbox system to send items, but it wouldn't be worth the time to create a mailbox just to send tcs and items between accounts.

    6. #16
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      3,592
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2659
      Thanks (Received)
      2860
      Gold
      705.00

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      I really was hoping to see a slide bar for trading of Treasure Cards. Still no luck on that.

      However, existing issues:

      Kiosk still has pets that can not be hatched. This has been an ongoing problem since the Fellhound pet was introduce. Since then, there have been more pets that people can not get the body type, by hatching kiosk or person to person.

      I have not check, but I also know that there were some crowns pet that could not be put in shared bank. If this has not been fixed, it really should.

      Drop Rates are really poor, I do believe someone else has already mention this.

      Players using BOTS to buy reagents and other items. This is an on going issue, to log on first thing in the morning to see only one page, 5 different reagents is ridiculous!
      Is there any way to specify the exact Crowns Pets that have the issue of becoming unable to be put into the shared bank (No-Trade)? And which specific pets is it impossible for players to receive that pet body through hatching in the Pet Kiosk?

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    7. #17
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      3,592
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2659
      Thanks (Received)
      2860
      Gold
      705.00

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkfiredust View Post
      In terms of the hatching cost being too high, that is specifically when hatching with a mega pet. If you hatch with adult / ancient pets, the price should be within 30k-50k.

      Also I think after the crit rework, everyone can one turn crit farm halfang super easily, so gold is plentiful. It shouldn't be hard to find a farming partner if necessary.

      In my opinion the talent manifestation system works that there's a 70% chance to manifest a parent's manifested talent, and 30% chance to manifest an unmanifested parent talent. When you hatch with a mega pet, there's a 30% chance to get a fail talent from parent's unmanifested pool. When hatching with an adult pet, there's 3 out of 8 unmanifested parent talents that are desired. So there's only 5/8 bad talents out of a 30% chance, or 18.75% chance of failure. So if this theory is true, hatching with mega pets is not ideal past the first/second hatch. The first / 2nd hatch can be done to acquire all 5 talents into the pet's pool.

      I think kingsisle will make some lore spell recipes easier, but they're not impossible. Crafting ratspin took some time, but the difficulty was the same as farming for gear. The tcs just require farming halfang then buying empowers to trade for ratspin tc. Amber can be group farmed from olympus secret bosses, and agave nectar was simply a matter of grinding out the agave in mangrove marsh, and there's different optimized routes that can be used to farm reagents like agave.


      Gear is only upgraded every 30-40 levels, but it wasn't always like that. Back in the 2nd arc, criticals were frequent and did 2x damage, so everyone crafted the avalon crit gear for PVE and PVP. Then at some point crit got nerfed for pvp, and so the crit was less powerful compared to the balanced stats of waterworks gear. Before the nerf, people would upgrade their waterworks with crafted gear from avalon and possibly zafaria. Because crit got nerfed, therefore waterworks outshadowed crafted and hades gear. If kingsisle buffed crit to more heavily increase crit damage, people would be willing to sacrifice the resist from waterworks to get more crit and damage. But there's not a good enough reason to change crit atm. Or maybe there is a reason, as buffing the damage ratio would open up critical gear sets, since those died out after the crit rework.

      Also another reason we only upgrade gear at waterworks, darkmoor, etc. is simply cause those gear releases were op, instead of having small gear increases every 10 levels. Celestia gear straight up doubled dragonspyre gear or something, and darkmoor gave a ton of crit and shadow pip chance (but now the crit is less useful). Maybe it was intentional to create long term farming spots.


      For me the fire beetle change is interesting. Old fire beetle tc gave 3 traps, while the new fire beetle basically gives a 15% blade for dots. It doesn't seem better than a 15% blade, as it can't be used with single target hits. Possibly instead of it being 3 traps that get used by one dot, make it 4-5 traps that can be used for 2 dots, or 2 blades since it's only 15%.

      Being able to trade tc through shared bank would be useful. In other games I had used a mailbox system to send items, but it wouldn't be worth the time to create a mailbox just to send tcs and items between accounts.
      1. The majority of the pets that players want to hatch with through the Pet Kiosk are Mega since Mega pets show off more manifested talents that the player is looking for and there's more inherent trust in hatching with a pet the player knows more about. There's a incredible stigma (that is reasonable nonetheless) against hatching with pets that are anything less than Mega because it is often the case that those pets do not have as clean of a talent pool as what the player is looking for.

      2. The Gold problem within the Pet Kiosk is not at all addressing players that have quested enough to unlock Halfang in Vestrilund in Wintertusk. Players that strong have delved beyond the first arc and you're right that they should be able to collect incredible amounts of gold through farming (albeit this is still an issue as it's still in inconvenience to constantly gold farm just to get multiple hatches). Finding a farming partner is actually very difficult as well.This is mainly a problem for players from the beginning of the game to the end of Dragonspyre, where there is NO way of collecting as much gold to hatch pets within the Kiosk even once and certainly not multiple times because the gear prices for selling are minimal and they don't have access to places like Vestrilund. We need to make it so that they could get the pets they want with the talents they want earlier in the game so they will struggle less with questing.

      3. The problem with the Rat Spin Spell Craft Recipe isn't that it's impossible to do, it's rather that it should have to be the case that we need to do those things in order to get that spell in the very first place. You do realize that buying enough empowers from a TC Broker is incredible difficult right? A single Rat Spin Tc is somewhere around 80 Empowers which in itself is an incredible amount of gold that the average player (non-max) cannot afford to spend and the drop rates currently for both the spell, it's tc, and sufficient amount of spellements (Test Realm) are incredibly low. Buying the Rat Spin TC from a TC Broker is trying to edge out an excuse of a solution for a problem that should have been fixed by the actual company and players should not have to resort to such means in order to get to these means. Also trying to get a sufficient amount of Agave Nectar is incredibly difficult and players shouldn't have to spend an entire day Realm Jumping in Mangrove Marsh (which in itself is a problem since this requires the player to have access to this area meaning they cannot actually try to get the spell until Azteca). That's another excuse for a problem that Kingsisle shouldn't have created in the first place. I'm not gonna harp too much on Amber since it is required of all Spell Crafts anyways.

      Maybe you didn't struggle too much crafting Rat Spin, but certainly the majority of Life wizards in the Spiral would say otherwise.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 4-7-21 at 8:21:37 AM.

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    8. #18
      Clover's Avatar
        Clover is offline Adept Wizard

      • Clover's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Natalie Moon
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      Status: #DetailsMatter I miss ya.
       
      Mood:
      Dreaming
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      941
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2103
      Thanks (Received)
      751
      Gold
      64.76

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post

      Minor:
      1. The Level 40+ "Royal Uniform" design (Dropped by Doctor Jackall, example of gear:
      http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Royal_Uniform_of_Whirlwind) is outdated with the current character model. The gloves are showing holes that open to the player's back of both hands (near the knuckle area) and inside the player's clenched fists.
      Thank you for listing this, I thought I was going bananas! I desperately hope that they fix this, it has bothered me ever since the models were updated but I seemed to be the only one it affected.

      Thank you
      Camille for the amazing siggy!
      I write. I love my fictional children.


    9. #19
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      3,592
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2659
      Thanks (Received)
      2860
      Gold
      705.00

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
      Thank you for listing this, I thought I was going bananas! I desperately hope that they fix this, it has bothered me ever since the models were updated but I seemed to be the only one it affected.
      That's the one that got me making this thread in the first place. We definitely need to expand this issue, please make a Thread with pictures if you can
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 4-7-21 at 8:24:18 AM.

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    10. #20
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      16,991
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      19435
      Thanks (Received)
      25940
      Gold
      10,396.00

      Re: List of problems not addressed in Spring Update 2021 you would like to see.

      Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Wethersfield View Post
      I can address 2 of these concerns.

      Just because it's not in the patch notes, that doesn't mean that those reagent bots will be happy with the Spring Update. Hopefully this change will be effective. Actually, if you're not a bot, please test buying some reagents from the bazaar.

      We're aware of the sigil issue. We have some things planned in future to make the problem better. I think for now we're going to see how the sigil change works out.

      Arthur (Gary)
      I took you up on the Reagent buying this morning, and was pleasantly surprised to see 9 pages of reagents available, many of them at 499 for quantity. I ran out of gold before running out of reagents to buy. I'll get some more gold and go back in a little while to check again.

      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •