Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

Quote Originally Posted by masterofspelss View Post
      Comments in bold. I do want to add, that like I stated, I quit the game a while ago. I'm just checking out the new update because of the AoE animations. So the whole blade thing doesn't actually affect me, which is also kinda why it seems so dumb. Like, as someone who doesn't play anymore, this decision is just... well actually kinda on par with KI's decisions the past few years, so I shouldn't be acting surprised lol
      Am sorry but if you stopped playing awhile ago and dont know how powerful every school is in pve you cant call this decision dumb lol this wasnt only for pvp, ki feels like we are too powerful in pve as well and they want too make sure we have a hard time dealing with bosses lol. Tbh this change doesnt affect pve so much, everyone main focus right now is traps and blades arent needed so much to kill a boss or questing.

JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

@Eric Stormbringer @Patrick FairyStalker

Allow me to more thoroughly explain why equalizing every Blade, Trap, and Bubble is a poor idea.

A Storm Wizard can usually hit and kill within the first two rounds of combat, whereas an Ice Wizard must commit several rounds to bladestacking. Blade for Blade, Storm will always deal more damage than Ice, because they have greater base/percentage damage. Within a few rounds of combat, a Thaumaturge can stack enough buffs to match an unboosted Storm in damage- this is more than fair.

The Storm school centers around a glass cannon archetype, while the Ice School is about a tanky playstyle. Diviners sacrifice survivability for the convenience of hitting hard and fast, whereas Ice gives up their time for surer hits. This is why Ice Wizards need and deserve greater buffs- not only to match Storm for damage, but so that it doesn't take even longer to build up a solid hit!

In essence, Storm and Ice will deal the same damage at the end of the day, but they utilize different strategies- strategies made possible by Blade diversity. Nerfing Ice's Blades and Bubbles will force their battles to take even longer, while buffing Storm will accelerate them into the realm of absolute domination!
      I should also mention that these founding conventions that were introduced at launch are being viciously uprooted by a new Dev Team who deigned to give Fire MORE damage than Storm! Yeah, I wouldn't trust them to preserve school identity with this update after taking a sledgehammer to that founding principle.

Of course, Ice does need to see a reduction in damage, though a universal cap most certainly is not the way to go about things. Instead, such a limit must be personally tailored to each school. For instance, Ice's damage could have a hard cap of ~140%, but if you achieve that much damage your resist and health would be drastically reduced to ~30% and ~6,000. This allows Wizards to chase certain stats but at the expense of others, which is by far a better solution than making everything​ the same!
      Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 4-8-21 at 9:53:49 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Jesse Strong is offline Prodigious

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      @Eric Stormbringer @patrick FairyStalke

Allow me to more thoroughly explain why equalizing every Blade, Trap, and Bubble is a poor idea.

A Storm Wizard can usually hit and kill within the first two rounds of combat, whereas an Ice Wizard must commit several rounds to bladestacking. Blade for Blade, Storm will always deal more damage than Ice, because they have greater base/percentage damage. Within a few rounds of combat, a Thaumaturge can stack enough buffs to match an unboosted Storm in damage- this is more than fair.
      The Storm school centers around a glass cannon archetype, while the Ice School is about a tanky playstyle. Storm sacrifices survivability for the convenience of hitting hard and fast, whereas Ice gives up their time for surer hits. This is why Ice Wizards need and deserve greater buffs- not only to match Storm for damage, but so that it doesn't take even longer to build up a solid hit!

In essence, Storm and Ice will deal the same damage at the end of the day, but they utilize different strategies- strategies made possible by Blade diversity! Nerfing Ice's Blades and Bubbles will force their battles to take even longer, while buffing Storm will accelerate them into the realm of absolute domination!
      I should also mention that these founding conventions that were introduced at launch are being viciously uprooted by a new Dev Team that deigned to give Fire MORE damage than Storm! Yeah, I wouldn't trust them to preserve school identity with this update after taking a sledgehammer to that founding principle.

In what world storm have extremely change the way they play lol storm is more smart now and actually carry good stats instead of just pure damage. Ice is still a top school even after this change, a storm warlord got hammared last night by a smart ice wiz who didnt have any problem being defense and offense. Like i said before, this really doesnt bring ice down damage is cap, check that out. You will be seeing a lot of fire and storm with almost the same damage as ice very soon
      Last edited by Jesse Strong; 4-8-21 at 7:55:24 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Arrow Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

@Jesse Strong
      Ice will still of course dominate in PvP (Thieving Dragon will see to that), but all of these nerfs will bring nothing but hard times for Thaumaturges in PvE. Soloing as an Ice is easy, but the pacing is incredibly slow- heck, IceBlade doesn't come into the equation until level 38! Nerfing our primary buffs and capping damage will ensure that battles are longer and much less fun.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For me, this does not make much sense. Bottom line, your taking away what schools were really know for. What is the purpose of making all the schools same in stats? What is going to be unique about them at this point?

I loved how each school has strong points and weak, it made questing with them more a challenge. It helped me in different ways of playing the schools strong points.

Not to mention the nerfing of may cast pets....come on! So many players have worked so hard on pets that have may cast, your going to reduce the rates. why? Some of these notes do not make sense at all. Change things that we have not asked for, but have not fixed things that we have asked for....sighs

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Question Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Not to mention the nerfing of may cast pets....come on! So many players have worked so hard on pets that have may cast, your going to reduce the rates. why? Some of these notes do not make sense at all. Change things that we have not asked for, but have not fixed things that we have asked for....sighs
      @Sparck, please tell me that the maycast nerfs won't affect the Deckathalon! This event is difficult enough with a solid pet as is, but these nerfs could make it nearly impossible.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Jesse Strong
      Ice will still of course dominate in PvP (Thieving Dragon will see to that), but all of these nerfs will bring nothing but hard times for Thaumaturges in PvE. Soloing as an Ice is easy, but the pacing is incredibly slow- heck, IceBlade doesn't come into the equation until level 38! Nerfing our primary buffs and capping damage will ensure that battles are longer and much less fun.

Well in that case maybe bringing iceblade lvl requirement down might help but nowadays barely anyone quest solo not in pvp for sure and prolly not even in pve since everyone using teamup now. Every school have a hard time questing solo, heck i dont even quest solo on fire

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Arrow Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Strong View Post
      Well in that case maybe bringing iceblade lvl requirement down might help but nowadays barely anyone quest solo not in pvp for sure and prolly not even in pve since everyone using teamup now. Every school have a hard time questing solo, heck i dont even quest solo on fire
      Yeah, lowering Iceblades level requirement and preserving it's and Balefrosts current percentages would help.
      I'd argue that Death and Myth have the least amount of troubles going solo, since Drains/Feint are a thing and because Myth has balanced damage and defense. Death does admittedly struggle in the AoE department though.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck, please tell me that the maycast nerfs won't affect the Deckathalon! This event is difficult enough with a solid pet as is, but these nerfs could make it nearly impossible.

[
      B]As part of our audit, we have also identified certain maycasts that have an outsized impact on PvP, but are not unbalanced for PvE. These maycasts have been split into 2 separate triggers, PvP and PvE, so that we can tune the activation rate for PvP without affecting our PvE players.

[/B]
      thats what they said
      Last edited by Jesse Strong; 4-8-21 at 8:58:51 PM.

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

@Eric Stormbringer @Patrick FairyStalker

The Storm school centers around a glass cannon archetype, while the Ice School is about a tanky playstyle. Diviners sacrifice survivability for the convenience of hitting hard and fast, whereas Ice gives up their time for surer hits. This is why Ice Wizards need and deserve greater buffs- not only to match Storm for damage, but so that it doesn't take even longer to build up a solid hit!

In essence, Storm and Ice will deal the same damage at the end of the day, but they utilize different strategies- strategies made possible by Blade diversity. Nerfing Ice's Blades and Bubbles will force their battles to take even longer, while buffing Storm will accelerate them into the realm of absolute domination!
      I should also mention that these founding conventions that were introduced at launch are being viciously uprooted by a new Dev Team that deigned to give Fire MORE damage than Storm! Yeah, I wouldn't trust them to preserve school identity with this update after taking a sledgehammer to that founding principle.

Of course, Ice does need to see a reduction in damage, though a universal cap most certainly is not the way to go about things. Instead, such a limit must be personally tailored to each school. For instance, Ice's damage could have a hard cap of ~140%, but if you achieve that much damage your resist and health would be drastically reduced to ~30% and ~6,000. This allows Wizards to chase certain stats but at the expense of others, which is by far a better solution than making everything​ the same!
      @Eric Stormbringer, @Ratbeard, @spark:

Please, please, please listen to this last paragraph before the line!

If you are bent on making all the schools the same, there is really no point in having 7 separate schools, much less a Spring Update to add more content, BECAUSE SACRIFICING INDIVIDUALITY INDEED DESTROYS THE FOUNDING PRINCIPAL OF WIZARD101.

I and others remind the newer people at KI that seem to be oblivious to the categories of TANK, HEALER, SUPPORT or HITTER describe various ASPECTS OF PLAYING WIZARD101 GAMEPLAY.

And while many of the more experienced wizards can figure out how to make an Ice Wizard into a Hitter or Support character, it kinda ruins the intended play styles of the game.

If Ice was never meant to be the Tank of Ravenwood, then why did the Creator of Wizard101 make Ice the Defender with the best traits?

If Life and Death were not meant to be the HEALERS of Ravenwood, why are such spells as Unicorn, Satyr and Rebirth exclusively given to Life Wizards and Sacrifice to Death?

If Balance was not meant to complement or SUPPORT the other 6 schools, why were they given the Balance Blade and the other mass blade to enhance the damage done by other schools against a mutual enemy?

And if Fire, Storm and Myth were never meant to have the raw or natural damage in the game; then they wouldn't be described as HITTERS.

And regarding the Astral and Shadow spells, they SUPPLEMENT our play styles. When they were introduced in the 2nd and 3rd Arcs in order to deal with Morganthe and Spider. And I know that I had to spend training points for some shadow spells, because I never truly understood how to use anything other than Shadow Shrike and another that creeps up and hits after 2 turns.

I get that KI wants to level the playing field because the people that yell and complain about how the gameplay IS JUST TOO UNFAIR TO THEM, tend to be the ones that are heard the most.

Then maybe a suggestion or novel idea? IF PEOPLE HATE THE CLASS THEY ARE IN, EITHER ERASE THE CHARACTER OR LEARN TO UTILIZE THEIR CHARACTER FOR THEIR GAMEPLAY STYLE AMONG THE 4.

For example, if I take my Ice and make it a HEALER my team will run away and try again because Ice is the Tank in the game.

Life can kinda get away with being a TANK, but since it has more exclusive heals, wouldn't it make more sense to be a HEALER? I have played this game since the summer of 2009 and know that Life players moan about being stuck as the HEALER, but that's how the Life wizard was designed. Wings of Fate with the white and black swans transfer life from enemies to the team.

Outside of Wings of Fate, the only universal attack spell is Forest Lord.

The originator of this post and I agree that leveling the playing field in Wizard101 between the 7 schools will erase the founding principals of this game and defeat the point of having seven individual schools.

Oxnhorse

P.S., We can't really stress enough how revising literally everything in the game is a really bad idea, and we can't really put too much stress on how the developers tweak it without being accused of harsh language against KI.

Of all people receiving these replies, Eric Stormbringer should realize the stressing fellow gamers have.

Not only that, but it wasn't that long ago when the introduction of Solar Surge and newer revamped rules for PVP prevented the people haunting the Arena from using sun enhancement treasure cards to augment gameplay which destroyed their strategies.

I read most of the comments and they were not pleased. And that was one section of the game.

How many more of the millions of players does KI want to stop playing the game after destroying the foundation of the game that drew them to it in the first place?
      Last edited by Oxnhorse; 4-8-21 at 10:00:29 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast