Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

I honestly don't get why KI feels as if the damage output must be nerfed, capped or controlled; doesn't that defeat the purpose of earning the badge for doing 1 Million in damage?

It makes me kinda wonder if the KI staff is rather embarrassed about how the game is at the moment and feels as if everything about the wizard player must be curbed.

And I don't know about other Ice people, but I have Timothy Pearlflower, L139 Ice set up for more damage output instead of riding defense. Within the start of the year, I've seen one person in game have IMMUNITY for damage, and that player might have been Fire or Death.

I thought that was so cool, but I wouldn't be running to KI staff to report it; because honestly that person figured out how to obtain such a defense, I'd be a fool to destroy his/her gameplay.

Between pets, gear and socketing, I have additional damage, accuracy and health, added to his base stats and his total health is 8,140 with 495 mana.

I've seen other wizards with more health than mine, so by the standards of destroying one of the best MMOs I've ever played, SHOULD I be complaining that my health is more in line with a Storm or Fire wizard than Ice?

Oxnhorse

Jesse Strong is offline Prodigious

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post
      The storm beetle pet, with its 4x storm beetle cards, is a very popular card for many wizards. It was the unofficial pet of the KWSN group back in 2012. It's a great pet for a storm wizard, since its a storm shield break and universal buff in one action.

Storm needs all the help it can get breaking shields, since it has no natural DOT or other way to remove lots of storm shields. Frankly, it's weird they kept Storm elf, but didn't keep the Storm beetle pet/cards.
      Hold up, the storm beetle pet cards arent ban. @Eric Stormbringer is this a bug?

Eric Stormbringer is offline Wizard101 US Faculty

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Strong View Post
      Hold up, the storm beetle pet cards arent ban. @Eric Stormbringer is this a bug?
      As far as I know, item cards are typically only banned on a case by case basis. (example:-90% efreet from pets/robes are still allowed). I'll check if item/pet storm beetles are intended to be banned.
      Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 4-14-21 at 2:38:32 AM.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: Test Realm is open! "Spring 2021 Update"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      As far as I know, item cards are typically only banned on a case by case basis. (example:-90% efreet from pets/robes are still allowed). I'm not sure if item/pet storm beetles are intended to be banned.
      I can understand banning Storm Beetle TC, but outlawing the item cards just doesn't make sense. Storm needs shield breakers to be competitive in the Arena, and their options are essentially limited to Storm Elf and Storm Beetle. If this ban persists into live realm oodles of pets will be rendered useless and the Storm school will fall even harder down the brackets!

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Jesse Strong is offline Prodigious

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      I can understand banning Storm Beetle TC, but outlawing the item cards just doesn't make sense. Storm needs shield breakers to be competitive in the Arena, and their options are essentially limited to Storm Elf and Storm Beetle. If this ban persists into live realm oodles of pets will be rendered useless and the Storm school will fall even harder down the brackets!

Storm elf is not limited anymore lol you can easily obtain them. Also, storm wouldnt fall down the brackets at all, after the updates it gotten to the point storm is dominating all the schools in test realm pvp right now. Life scarab, death scarab, fire beetle were banned so i dont see why wouldnt storm beetle be ban.
      Last edited by Jesse Strong; 4-14-21 at 2:47:48 AM.

masterofspelss is offline Legendary Wizard

• masterofspelss's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Maggie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SeptenaryRavens View Post
      Ok I see your point. If you look at the game update-to-update (one-by-one), instead of taking ALL updates in relation to the audit into account (including updates that haven't happened yet), then yes you are correct that Ice will have a 15% dip in power compared to the current live realm, and in turn will be weaker. Your argument only talks about what is in live realm right now vs. what is in test realm. If you look at ALL updates in relation to the spell audit (2020 and beyond), then yes it IS easier for an ice wizard to quest post April 2021 than in pre-2020. I guess I'm being naive in thinking casting 8 Colossus is easier and less time consuming than casting 10.

Odds are, this isn't the end of the spell audit. If KI decides to deal with the 3-6 pip spells in the summer test realm, understand that the 20% reduction in mob and boss health takes into account that part of the audit as well, as did the 0 and 1 pip spells in this current test realm. I personally think it wouldn't be fair if ice's blade were to be nerfed, only for the mobs and bosses to be at pre-2020 health levels. That would make it waaayyy more difficult to solo quest on weaker schools.
      But the whole "It would be harder for Ice and their 35% blade if the mobs weren't nerfed" begs the question of: Why reduce the blades then? And your point goes out the window anyway, because Storms blade is getting boosted to 35%. I would kinda see your argument that reducing mob HP = reducing blade power to stay on par, but only if every school got their blades reduced by 5%. But currently, Storm goes against that logic completely. So what, every school gets nerfed to compensate with the mob HP deduction except Storm? That makes zero sense.

"I'm the Doctor"

Oxnhorse is online now Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Is it just me, or does it seem as if the Storm school and PVPers, as well as MEMBERSHIP folks are the only people that matter with W101/KI?

I don't remember when players became less important because they didn't use a 16 number code on plastic to gain exclusive perks, because Celestia was the last time I tried Test content, and from the W101 website it says ITS FREE FOREVER (as long as you CONTINUE BUYING membership to maintain current gameplay).

I will say, with the planned nerfing of just about everything about the W101 gameplay, KI staff might have a nasty backlash for destroying the MMO that most have been playing for 11 of 12 years. And many of us are trying to avoid seeing any backlash, but...

I will leave this reminder, DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU. Many Crowns players don't mind snatching up the 20 Dollar Gift Cards instead of using plastic. Either way, KI has an extremely large cash cow that players buy into.

Anger too many, and people will leave in droves. With or without a broom.

Oxnhorse

medlnic15 is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by masterofspelss View Post
      But the whole "It would be harder for Ice and their 35% blade if the mobs weren't nerfed" begs the question of: Why reduce the blades then? And your point goes out the window anyway, because Storms blade is getting boosted to 35%. I would kinda see your argument that reducing mob HP = reducing blade power to stay on par, but only if every school got their blades reduced by 5%. But currently, Storm goes against that logic completely. So what, every school gets nerfed to compensate with the mob HP deduction except Storm? That makes zero sense.
      They are setting standards. This is why you'll see that sometimes things barely get touched but are still changed anyways. It makes sense that every school get the same percentage on the same blade, but it's seen as a buff to Storm because they happen to have the lowest blade. If it was Storm that just got their blade nerfed the same people probably wouldn't have cared at all.

Is the problem really with the blade percentages or that Ice is meant to do the least amount of damage in a game where doing high amounts of damage is what matters? I understand why the blades were the way they were, but the way it is now doesn't make that much of a difference and is good for school identity. Which is what people say they want, but that's not really true.
      Last edited by medlnic15; 4-15-21 at 5:55:49 AM.
      140 S | 130 F | 75 L | 75 I | 75 D | 15 B
      140 L | 130 S | 120 D | 100 B | 60 M | 15 I

masterofspelss is offline Legendary Wizard

• masterofspelss's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Maggie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by medlnic15 View Post
      They are setting standards. This is why you'll see that sometimes things barely get touched but are still changed anyways. It makes sense that every school get the same percentage on the same blade, but it's seen as a buff to Storm because they happen to have the lowest blade. If it was Storm that just got their blade nerfed the same people probably wouldn't have cared at all.

Is the problem really with the blade percentages or that Ice is meant to do the least amount of damage in a game where doing high amounts of damage is what matters? I understand why the blades were the way they were, but the way it is now doesn't make that much of a difference and is good for school identity. Which is what people say they want, but that's not really true.
      I think your first sentence is kinda why I don't like this update. KI has set standards several times now and then backtracked on it, so every time we get used to the new standard, it gets changed or taken away.

Critical/Block? Changed.

Value of a Shadow Pip? Changed.

TC's in PvP? Changed.

Enchanted Spells in PvP? Changed.

Base damage of old spells? Changed.

And now, the blade change.

KI apparently has no idea how to plan for the future, because it feels like every update is just them resetting what they released already. I would not be surprised if they added a new "Honed Blade" that gives a +15% to a charm later down the line, like how they added Solar Surge to compensate for the other Sun enchants.

If all these changes (no TC's, no Sun enchants, blade percentage, and base damage to spells) had been at the same time several years ago, I think most people would have been fine. But instead, we get them every two years or so, and it just makes it look like KI has no idea what direction they want the game to go (and let's be real, they kinda don't). Where's J Todd when you need him.

"I'm the Doctor"

sparkfiredust is offline Apprentice Wizard

• sparkfiredust's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Steven DragonFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'd just like to add that most of these changes were for the better.

Disabling tc like -90% efreet in arena is important, because the normal efreets were overpowered, and being able to pull -90% tc efreets at will would be unfair.
      Nerf to damage enchants is a strategic intention with a plan behind it. Adding a +300 to a 2/4 pip spell, massively messed up dpp. Two lightning bats would deal (265+300)*2=1130 compared to a bladed kraken (550+300)*1.3=1105. So having dmg enchants really encouraged a certain meta and empowered low pip hits.

I guess KI has planned for pvp differently. If you look at the available pvp enchants solar surge and pierce enchants, these enchants all scale with pip cost. Solar surge gives a bigger boost to high pip spells, and pierce is stronger on high damage spells, which are higher pip spells.

I'm not going to pretend that the spell audits and blade changes are not for the purpose of bringing more consistency to the game and setting the correct standards when prior systems that were changed weren't perfect and had room for change.