----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Angry Mystic Colossus is Useless

Mystic Colossus removes a shield and does and does 635 damage -- 5 pips and 1 shadow pip
      Orthrus does 700 damage -- 7 pips

with the extra pip deck at high levels, and the shadow meter update, everyone is getting a 7th pip before a shadow, ultimately meaning Mystic Colossus is useless.
      With the exception of being a cool looking spell and having niche advantages in pvp, I know, after playing through karamelle, that Mystic Colossus is never more useful than it's two headed counterpart. You will never be able to use it earlier, it doesn't do more damage, ext.

After having almost quit the game while playing through Avalon, Azteca, and Khrysalis, sense humongofrog was just too weak, Mystic Colossus was my saving grace to be able to play without extreme frustration. However, that's why the new Orthrus is such an amazing addition. But it shouldn't have to mean that such an amazing spell is just no longer used.

This isn't to propose that Orthrus be nerfed to something something more comparable to (or lower than) storm lord (630) because without the stun Myth would just be reduced to 'the weaker school' as it so often is. But instead that Orthrus and Mystic trade stats, Mystic is buffed back up to it's pre-update damage of 880, or that Mystic's utility effects are buffed on top of the removed shield (stun, full shatter, blade, weakness, bubble, ext.) so that is has more of a use.

I just hate seeing a spell, with such cool animation, being Myth's first shadow pip spell, at such a meaningful level, and that means so much to me be dedicated to the same destitute as Basilisk, our minions, and earthquake and minotaur in pve.

- Alexander Titanblood 140 myth

(there is a similar issue with tatzelwurm, but the 'confuse' is unique enough to make up for it, and with spellments you can make it serve whatever purpose you need it to, i got enough to upgrade it, just from karamelle and now I use it as a low cost pip spell with uniltity, kinda like a loremaster spell but with a shadow pip.)

(also the whole power kreep thing the kingsisle keeps talking about shouldn't really matter here, as the 7 pips aoe are doing more damage, we've had higher health bosses before, and you can up the resist, crit block, and all of that in higher worlds too)

TD;LR
      Orthrus is always better, you'll get it before mystic & it does more damage
      Orthrus has to stay how it is or else myth wizards are left in the ditch
      Mystic has to be improved so that it's still used
      (and it should be used bc it's cool and it's our first shadow pip spell at level 100)

EDIT:
      I think the best thing to do would be either of these (ignoring weather or not Orthrus is replaced by another 7 pip and goes back to it's original stats)
      First option: make myth's 7 pip attack all do about 600 damage and add utility comparable to mystic, either a shatter after hitting, or a peirce before. And then buff mystic to somewhere (preferably) around 766-815 damage.
      Second option: Buff Mystic's utility, make it shatter before hitting instead of peirce so that it's always useful whenever there are shields (also good in a team environment) and keep myth's 7 pip aoe where it is
      Last edited by AlexanderTitanBlood; 1-21-21 at 6:22:47 PM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Mystic Colossus is Useless

The thing with Mystic Colossus is that it's very very situational to be at all useful (other than decent amount of damage) and that situation simply doesn't happen often other than a few Ice mobs that tower shield. But then again usually by the time players would get the chance to use Mystic Colossus, the player would have bladed once or twice for an Orthrus that will get the job done anyways regardless of the tower shield...Maybe in times where there's a 70% or 80% myth shield, then it becomes somewhat useful, but again doesn't happen all too often...

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: Mystic Colossus is Useless

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderTitanBlood View Post
      Orthrus is always better, you'll get it before mystic & it does more damageOrthrus has to stay how it is or else myth wizards are left in the ditch Mystic has to be improved so that it's still used(and it should be used bc it's cool and it's our first shadow pip spell at level 100)
      Orthrus should be seriously nerfed and Mystic Colossus deserves a buff in damage. Although I agree that Conjurers need a solid AoE at that level instead of Humogfrog, KingsIsle should have given them a new spell instead of reworking Orthrus, honestly. Stripping Orthrus of its unique identity to make way for an AoE with unfiltered damage was a huge mistake on KingsIsle's part, imo.

Mystic Colossus has great utility to it which sees great use in PvP, but could use a slight buff in damage for PvE.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

With the exception of being a cool looking spell and having niche advantages in pvp, I know, after playing through karamelle, that Mystic Colossus is never more useful than it's two headed counterpart. You will never be able to use it earlier, it doesn't do more damage, ext.
      If it makes you feel any better, I decided the same thing with Glowbugs on storm. I just stopped putting it in my deck for PvE. I really loved mystic colossus too.

Frankly, I really doubt Darkmoor would ever have been produced at all with the current design priorities. It's the most fun I've had in W101 so I'm glad it was though.

SunStone is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I honestly miss the old Othrus. While I agree that getting a higher level AOE is nice, I feel like the double hit is one of Myth's boons over other classes.

I say buff the Mystic Colossus (because that is pretty weak), revert Othrus to its double hit pattern, and give Myth a new AOE. Make everyone happy

Pick is offline Novice Wizard

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hopefully with the addition to spellments they can add a branch with more utility or more damage, but in regards to orthrus, I agree, why wait for a shadow pip when you can dunk the enemies with a clean solid raw AoE. :/
      Last edited by Pick; 1-20-21 at 10:03:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Torpzun26 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I guess I'm the only one who likes the relationship between Orthrus and Mystic.

My level 140 Conjurer still runs Mystic, granted Orthrus is my primary AoE attack. After all, it does the most damage unless you reach a 7-pip Tatzelwurm via Spellements. But sometimes enemies use a shield. Not just Ice enemies with their Towers, but you see a lot of enemies in the 3rd arc and in Karamelle using dual-school shields. Mystic Colossus has a very useful niche here since every dual-school shield that gets in your way just so happens to place the Myth shield on last, meaning it is the one that gets removed. Sometimes I have to wait a turn or two, and that's fine. Any longer than that and I just combo Orths, tbh.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      Orthrus should be seriously nerfed and Mystic Colossus deserves a buff in damage. Although I agree that Conjurers need a solid AoE at that level instead of Humogfrog, KingsIsle should have given them a new spell instead of reworking Orthrus, honestly. Stripping Orthrus of its unique identity to make way for an AoE with unfiltered damage was a huge mistake on KingsIsle's part, imo.

Mystic Colossus has great utility to it which sees great use in PvP, but could use a slight buff in damage for PvE.

The other head of the Orthrus is out here chillin

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yeah it's sad what they did to Mystic Colossus thanks to Ratbeard's PVP balancing. Such a useful and powerful spell. I should imagine nearly every myth in PVE has removed the spell. While Orthrus is pretty awesome now it does go against Ratbeard's comments about retaining school identity, shield breakers were Myths identity. He's such a (blank).

- - - Updated - - -

Mystic Colossus removes a shield and does and does 635 damage -- 5 pips and 1 shadow pip
      Orthrus does 700 damage -- 7 pips

with the extra pip deck at high levels, and the shadow meter update, everyone is getting a 7th pip before a shadow, ultimately meaning Mystic Colossus is useless.

After having almost quit the game while playing through Avalon, Azteca, and Khrysalis, sense humongofrog was just too weak, Mystic Colossus was my saving grace to be able to play without extreme frustration. However, that's why the new Orthrus is such an amazing addition. But it shouldn't have to mean that such an amazing spell is just no longer used.

This isn't to propose that Orthrus be nerfed to something something more comparable to (or lower than) storm lord (630) because without the stun Myth would just be reduced to 'the weaker school' as it so often is. But instead that Orthrus and Mystic trade stats, Mystic is buffed back up to it's pre-update damage of 880, or that Mystic's utility effects are buffed on top of the removed shield (stun, full shatter, blade, weakness, bubble, ext.) so that is has more of a use.

I just hate seeing a spell, with such cool animation, being Myth's first shadow pip spell, at such a meaningful level, and that means so much to me be dedicated to the same destitute as Basilisk, our minions, and earthquake and minotaur in pve.

- Alexander Titanblood 140 myth

(there is a similar issue with tatzelwurm, but the 'confuse' is unique enough to make up for it, and with spellments you can make it serve whatever purpose you need it to, i got enough to upgrade it, just from karamelle and now I use it as a low cost pip spell with uniltity, kinda like a loremaster spell but with a shadow pip.)

(also the whole power kreep thing the kingsisle keeps talking about shouldn't really matter here, as the 7 pips aoe are doing more damage, we've had higher health bosses before, and you can up the resist, crit block, and all of that in higher worlds too)

TD;LR
      Orthrus is always better, you'll get it before mystic & it does more damage
      Orthrus has to stay how it is or else myth wizards are left in the ditch
      Mystic has to be improved so that it's still used
      (and it should be used bc it's cool and it's our first shadow pip spell at level 100)

I don't find Tatzlewurm very useful when you only have a chance in getting the confused part to work. Make it 100% and it's a different matter. With shadow pips taking forever to appear making it even less appealing IMHO.

AlexanderTitanBlood is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SunStone View Post
      I honestly miss the old Othrus. While I agree that getting a higher level AOE is nice, I feel like the double hit is one of Myth's boons over other classes.

I say buff the Mystic Colossus (because that is pretty weak), revert Othrus to its double hit pattern, and give Myth a new AOE. Make everyone happy
      Yeah i think that's the best option, I heard some people saying that they should make Basilisk and 7 pip aoe, and move orthus up to that level. Only issue is a 9 pip orthus is kinda unusable. so maybe it's at the 9 pip level for 7 pips.... and then mystic get's a buff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast