•  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Splitting up Loremaster

Rather than making a new boss for the 1-pip spellements, they should be added to the drop tables of Wizard City mobs, bosses, and quests. Why? Because your 1-pip spells are completely useless by the time you hit level 10, if not even earlier than that. What's the point of upgrading these spells if we're never going to use them? Enemies in the rest of the first arc can also drop these spellements to further fuel your journey to fully upgrading this spell, but there should be a heavy emphasis on Wizard City. And of course they should still be part of this Spellement boss or whatever, but as a side thought rather than the primary way to obtain these spellements.

Mobs and quest should drop spellements for your school, while bosses can drop them for any school. The spellements you get from quests should be enough to singlehandedly upgrade your spell twice before you even leave Wizard City, with enemy drops being enough to at least get most of the way to the third upgrade. In fact, your earliest quests should be so generous as to let you get your first upgrade before you're even halfway done with Unicorn Way.

What does this accomplish? Well, as I mentioned, it lets people actually use their newly upgraded spells. They will still stop being useful very quickly, but there will actually be a window where your upgrades have paid off. It makes it so that your 1-pip spell becomes more feasible than the 1-pip spells of other schools, so new players are less likely to learn Thunder Snake because it does so much more damage than their Frost Beetle. And it leaves players eager to start upgrading their other spells, and while this shouldn't be as generous as what I am suggesting for the 1-pip spells as later spells start gaining effects that reintroduce them to relevancy (so there's a much larger window where farming for those spellements is worth it), it's still something for them to look forward to.

I am aware that asking for the Unicorn Way story and enemies to drop hundreds of Spellements for new players looks ridiculous, but really, the amount of investment you need to fully upgrade a 1-pip spell is what's really ridiculous.

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye
      ----

Mood:
      Busy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

First thing that came to mind was the Team Up Kiosk. Right now you can get a team at any second of the day. If it were split up it may cause some waiting for a team.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

KieranCaster is offline Magus Wizard

• KieranCaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  KieranCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Constable Millie - The Critical Pet!
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ornery Kookaburra

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

IDK.

Making things easy is not what this game is about.

Making thigs almost impossible, is not what this game is about either; however, with Loremaster, sometimes it feels impossible to get the spell you want.

I have mixed feelings on this. If this game was meant to be 6 year old soccer where everyone wins, then just let Loremaster drop 3 spells per battle.

The mixture of players between the "lucky ones" and the "unlucky ones" adds a level of magic and sorcery that cannot be duplicated by design. The roller coaster of emotion when your friend scores Savage on his Balance, and you leave the dungeon empty again cannot be drawn by the developers. They feed off this.

What I find fascinating is that wanting a spell in this game can be almost as pleasing as finally having the spell. You think and dream about: "if only I can get Handsome Fomori, I would be awesome in PVP or PVE", and would also be the envy of your circle of friends.

This game generates it's euphoria tapping into the extremes of human emotion. The grind, the luck, the anticipation is all part of super high highs, and basement lows. Those emotions would disappear and players would jump ship if everything was easy and the emotion was gone.

That is why the victory is so much sweeter when you get the spell.

KI folks are no dummies. They know people don't leave the game because they changed Efreet. People leave the game because of how the game makes them feel. This game make you feel highs and lows, but they work in a very opposite way than in real life.

If your girlfriend wraps your 1970 Camaro around a tree, you will remember the wrecked Camaro for the rest of your life, and not recall the many good things she's done for you. You tend to dwell on the one awful negative thing that overshadows all the positive experiences.

But in this game, it's the opposite.
      When you finally score Deer Knight, you instantly forget the grind and awful battle after battle and every other negative thing that happened on the journey to get Deer Knight. The positive emotion of the learning the spell lingers here, which Kings Isle knows will keep you coming back.

Where is the emotion if it's 6-year old soccer and everyone wins? Uniqueness and limited edition brings out the emotion.

This is how they hooked me.

Just my thoughts.
      KC

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Having read post #11, maybe Sparck or Eric Stormbringer can chime in here. Spellements are a rather new idea in the game, and it makes perfect sense to allow the first upgrade for free and maybe upgrade a spell a 2nd time for around say 20 spellements for the school specific spell.

It would still allow the player plenty of time for the rest of Wizard City to obtain spellements to upgrade from free to 20, 40, 60, 80 (for those 5 tiers); and still let the player feel as if they aren't being shortchanged over the loss during soloing.

Another good idea, is to have enemies utilizing school magic drop spellements for the lower tier spells; making allowance for spellments for other schools like reagents in the shared bank. Even allowing the spellements to be sold either under reagents, or adding an icon like the one in our spell books, so people can obtain the ones they can't find otherwise

And to the other that railed about the usefulness of rank 1 spells: Yes, they are kinda pointless in overall gameplay, but I think the whole intention was to get players used to the idea of grinding for spellements to upgrade their spells.

Single hit spells become obsolete by the time we first enter Colossus Boulevard, because we have 2 enemies to defeat and the Attack all Enemies (AOE) ones like Forest Lord, Scarecrow, Fireball, Ra and Blizzard are more useful in taking out all the enemies instead of 1 at a time.

And I will point out that of all Rank 1 spells, I have yet to see Fairy spellements in the game. If any useful upgrade of spells is provided, why was this one left out? Because every school but Life can heal for 400, while Life gets 420.

And to be quite honest here, it would make more sense to have of all the spellements being offered, to have Fairy upgraded faster because students at the beginning tend to die more or ask higher level people to assist them, and the higher level past 400/420 would let those younger wizards have a means of confidence against Rattlebones or Lady Blackhope (since the Lady is a solo boss unless it has changed).

Oxnhorse

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Originally bonus spells were drops from individual side bosses. See ninja pigs, samoorai and so on..

I think that the best option would be to make that a thing again, for lower levels and eventually after some 50 levels or more, allow the option to simply train the basic spell somewhere.

So either you get it for free from a boss, or spend a training point later on if you really want it.

Then for spellement upgrade i'm neutral, as i'm just pilestocking them without using, for now. Guess when tier 5 or up spells will be upgradeable maybe i'll think about it more seriously.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Part of the puzzle here, is that after a good 8-10 years of Loremaster being in the game, many players are getting nothing but a completed quest.

Ive seen several people using Pigsie in the latter worlds, and it would be nice to have. The problem here is that drops are extra rare for acquiring new spells from Loremaster that many have given up and tried to do the crafting of the cards because they have better chances that way.

Or in my case, my Ice has 11 Reindeer Knight spellements but no Reindeer Knight. And after almost 3 years of trying to obtain them, I get nothing to show for it.

Oxnhorse

Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      Part of the puzzle here, is that after a good 8-10 years of Loremaster being in the game, many players are getting nothing but a completed quest.

Ive seen several people using Pigsie in the latter worlds, and it would be nice to have. The problem here is that drops are extra rare for acquiring new spells from Loremaster that many have given up and tried to do the crafting of the cards because they have better chances that way.

Or in my case, my Ice has 11 Reindeer Knight spellements but no Reindeer Knight. And after almost 3 years of trying to obtain them, I get nothing to show for it.

Oxnhorse
      The little too late argument is always troubling. But honestly we have to ask at that moment, do they want new players to encountering the same suffering they did? Do they want players to encounter the low drop rates of their spells with Loremaster (essentially wasting their time in the most likely scenario) and end up crafting the spell instead? Ideally, the answer to both questions is a heavy no.

We can't move on to the future if we keep fumbling with the mistakes of the past.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      The little too late argument is always troubling. But honestly we have to ask at that moment, do they want new players to encountering the same suffering they did? Do they want players to encounter the low drop rates of their spells with Loremaster (essentially wasting their time in the most likely scenario) and end up crafting the spell instead? Ideally, the answer to both questions is a heavy no.

We can't move on to the future if we keep fumbling with the mistakes of the past.
      This might burn a few bridges, but honestly I think that some of spells from Loremaster, if not all of them should be easier to get. I'm kinda resigned to the fact that only Talon (Death) with Headless Horseman on his first try was able to get one of them.

I took 30-35 runs on my Ice, with nothing to show for it, especially during Winter one year when Reindeer Knight was in season.

If others have better luck, that's awesome, but I do think the chances of obtaining spells like Pigsie do need to have better chances to obtain.

I either have the worst luck of being s long time player, or the game is fixed so I cannot gain what I have been trying to obtain.

Oxnhorse

aspireme24 is offline Initiate Wizard

• aspireme24's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Noah MythCrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Let's say Loremaster is split into different Loremasters scattered throughout the spiral!
      This would mean that the original Loremaster is not dropping as many spells as she is now and players can concentrate on a specific Loremaster for a specific spell for their school (instead of the ridiculous likelihood that they'll get a spell that's not from their school)

1. Original Loremaster (Athenaeum, Dragonspyre) will drop:
      Loremaster, Keeper of the Flame, Luminous Weaver
      Required Unlock: Speak to Milos Bookwyrm Main Quest Line

2. Wysteria Loremaster (Pigswick Academy Library, Wysteria) will drop:
      Pigsie, Angry Snowpigs, and Ninja Piglets
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Finish Wysteria Main Quest Line

3. Grizzleheim Loremaster (Niderviller, Grizzleheim) will drop:
      Grendel's Amends, Rat Spin, and Thor's Hammer
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Finish Grizzleheim Main Quest Line

4. Mooshu Loremaster (Shoshun Village House, Mooshu) will drop:
      Goat Monk, Ninja Pigs, and Samoorai
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Defeat Mika Skarka in Avalon Main Quest Line

5. Aqulia Loremaster (In Cave, Aqulia Wizard City) wil drop:
      Hephaestus, Athena Battle, Sight, and Queen Calypso
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Complete Mount Olympus

6. Avalon Loremaster (High Road Broken Gate, Avalon) will drop:
      Deer Knight, Handsome Fomori, Catalan, and Brimstone Revenant
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Talk to Sir Pipe Del Lago in Avalon Main Quest Line

7. Azteca Loremaster (Hidden Area in Zultun Dock, Azteca) will drop:
      Wintermoon, Lord of Night, Savage Paw
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Talk to Pacal Redmask for first time in Azteca Main Quest Line

8. Holiday Loremaster (Colossus Boulevard Tower, retired Great Troll location, Wizard City) will drop:
      Krampus, Headless Horseman, Reindeer Knight
      Required Unlock: Defeat Original Loremaster, Finish BriskBreeze Tower Side Quest Line

What are your thoughts?????? Do you think this is a possibility??

Why not make School Themed Loremasters dungeons where each Loremaster is a different school (including the astral and shadow schools). Could use the Dragonspyre Acadamy as the location for them. Could even it have it as a House that comes with Dungeons? That way school spells and pets can drop from the appropriate School Loremaster?
      Last edited by aspireme24; 4-1-21 at 6:14:03 PM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      This might burn a few bridges, but honestly I think that some of spells from Loremaster, if not all of them should be easier to get. I'm kinda resigned to the fact that only Talon (Death) with Headless Horseman on his first try was able to get one of them.

I took 30-35 runs on my Ice, with nothing to show for it, especially during Winter one year when Reindeer Knight was in season.

If others have better luck, that's awesome, but I do think the chances of obtaining spells like Pigsie do need to have better chances to obtain.

I either have the worst luck of being s long time player, or the game is fixed so I cannot gain what I have been trying to obtain.

Oxnhorse

I just wanted to point out that some spells are obtainable elsewhere, either with other bosses or by crafting.

I myself completed the loremaster collection with no particular effort during last xmast event, and had crafted as many as possible from avalon.

Pigsie now is particularly easy, you get the TC from beastmoon life blossoms, or from accursed gauntlet if one of your friends has it.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast