•  Phoenix
      ----

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I need help with Beastmoon Monster Mayhem.

I really want those robes and that bean stalk housing item from the scroll of fortune SO I was forced to try a Beastmoon event for the first time.

I found this simple guide the most useful. I read one other guide that was on the Beastmoon Hunt and skimmed yet another Beastmoon Hunt guide.

My main problem right now is: I don't know what beast forms are "good" in the Monster Mayhem. I was told by someone in-game that DoT's are bad in Monster Mayhem and that you should go for fast damage. All I could come up with while browsing the guides was that Storm Krokomummy? and Storm Wolf of Valor are good. I've also seen people in-game using the Death Fairy, one of the rats, and one of the Ninja Pigs.

So, which beast forms are good for Monster Mayhem?

Also, I've only tried 2 Beastmoon runs and so far find this event really intimidating and stressful. Not pleasant at all. lol

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: I need help with Beastmoon Monster Mayhem.

Dots take around 1.5 sec per tick so its better to combo them with detonate for bigger damage
      Storms can do the most damage but everyone does around 100 damage Per pip
      Death rat has an aoe 200 trap combo with ice elf trap of 250 thats adds up to quick damage

just look at all beastforms and look at who can support with buffs or help build up damage
      Wolf soulstalker 140 Alex nightshade 140 Valkoor Wild 140 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: I need help with Beastmoon Monster Mayhem.

Don't give up!

When it comes to fast damage, look for forms that have 200 point single hits. As an example, Storm Rat has the cat for only 2 pips, and Fire Colossus has the Fire beetle also 200 for just 2 pips.

Another thing that is overlooked is coins. You can collect up to 100 coins, and those coins let you buy more cards for your hand.

More simple tips:

Pick 2 forms that interest you, and for now, just level them up to 3rd level. This will give you more extra card slots to fill with coins. If one dies, then you can switch to another IF someone does not already have that form.

Lastly, in Mayhem, time is vital. If we run out of time before beating the monsters in the spiral, then the game is over. If they are defeated, then the team moves to the next wave (Of which there are 3).

It is the time issue that causes the dislike of DOT in Mayhem. It is also the reason to handle your spells FAST and see what others are doing. Example, if the others will kill a monster, target another instead.

I am on at different times, but you are welcome to keep and eye open for me using the name "Nathaniel LifeFriend". I am usually on my Fire Colossus.

In the meantime, if you have questions, just post them here and we will help you with them.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

alright let's shape it a bit better.

first of all: all forms are good, but in some cases you need to level up quite a bit. For example, i'm now using a balance cyclops lvl 5, and although its base damage is BAD, it has the huge advantage of tide of the battle: in PVP beastmoon it can be self-killing, but in mayhem, being PVE, it really turns the tide by allowing all other players to play at speed X2. I carried lots of noob teams to wave 3 just because of that.

Generally speaking, BMM is really short-timed. So yes, you need to think about fast action BUT do not ignore DOTS just for that. Dots are powerful, more so than direct damage, and if you play them strategically you will get an edge both in time and battles. Yes they take two second per tick, but if they make the battle one round shorter that's totally worth it.

So what forms to chose? consider that in terms of health and pips: lower health are the most lethal. So fairies (with the exception of balance), rats, elfs and to a certain extent fire pig, are the lethal killers. Either of them, played properly, will end a battle fast.

Bigger forms are supporters or tankers: so death pig, fire minotaur, kroks, balance fairy and draconians have fairly good damage but they will be slower at killing. They can take one shot and allow the fast guy to stay alive one extra round, or they can finish a wounded enemy.

And the biggest forms (cyclops, wolves, colossuses and myth minotaur) are the slowest killers, they are good when fighting later waves or spiral, but ought to be avoided first wave unless very Advanced in level (as explained above).

Then you need to think about the bonus Vs weakness: if you look at the map before chosing your form, you can see the enemy schools. and top left you have the circle of strenghts, that indicates who is weak against who. If you chose a form that is stronger against some enemies, you have +25 damage on each hit that you play. For dots, that's +25 damage per tick! So a death fairy using her elemental spell will do 100 damage per tick on a life opponent with just 2 pips, for example. Very well Worth the 2 sec animation every round - compare to a storm krok 200 damage shark, that takes 20% more casting time and does 200 less damage.

Next, think of the special moves of attacks: many cards have special effects that can be triggered if you play them i a given way. Those are one of the key to victory. For example, fire pig and minotaur both have a card with optional dot. Try to set up things to activate those, they are free damage with no extra casting time, and each can one-shot a small enemy over time.

Think also about interaction with your team mates: if you play a life draconian, you need a dot spammer so you double the damage of your scarab. A trap user also needs dots, so that myth enemies can't push the traps back. etc. Read cards descriptions before entering the event, and think how you could use them.

Then there is the issue of AOE: when you face 2 enemies or less, NEVER use AOEs. They take long, do less damage, and waste more pips. Unless it's a finishing move and you have no other choice, or you know you are dead next and need to use your pips, prefer individual hits to AOE. And by no mean use fire giant, it's way too long and does ridiculously low damage except against ice. Generally speaking think of it this way: every round that you pass is a mistake. You should always do something during your fight, or else you did not play properly.

Discard is an important part of the game too. Chose your strategy against enemies and remove cards that you don't need to find the one you do need. Just keep what you know you WILL use, not what you COULD use. You have only that one fight to fight, now, don't project yourself on what will happen next.

A word on Healing: a common mistake is to heal an almost dead fellow when the battle is over. It's useless and wastes time, specially if you use a heal on time (lol). Heals must be used wisely and only if really needed: either to keep the hitters playing, or to revive a dead character that was dead for more than 3 rounds (so that they don't lose their forms). For the rest, even as draconian or colossus, your job is to hit when you can. Specifically Lvl 3 draconian also gets a boost card that you should use preferentially to improve your team chances to win.

There is a lot more to say, but with this you should get close to endgame. One last word about levelling: prefer to stop at levels 3 or 5, unless you need a specific card from the even steps. Levels 2 and 4 give more cards but keep the same draw (3 for lvl 2, 4 for lvl 4) and so the chances of getting a given card in hand are reduced.

For example, ice elf at lvl 4 is less efficient than it is at lvl 3. There are exceptions to this (death fairy with her big steal life or life draco with its pip fairy), but most of the time it's how it works best.

enjoy.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Mythic is offline Novice Wizard

• Mythic's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Paige Duskstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Princess Brandy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Phoenix
      ----

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@BaronvonWolf @Pegasus Unbound @richardDkht

I'm so happy I posted here! This is the kind of help I was looking for; if I understand something, I can DO it. I'll read over this again, review some forms on the wiki, and give it another shot this afternoon.

Thank you, especially for the detailed explanations! If I have more questions after doing a few runs, I'll ask here.

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Some miscellaneous Beastmoon Mayhem tips I've picked up from playing:

- It's better to have no more than 2 players per battle for the first wave battles so that all 3 battles can be done simultaneously with 2 players each. Having 3 players per battle in wave 1 is very time inefficient and you likely won't have enough time to defeat the boss. Players will usually say something like "2v2" at the beginning to encourage this. Randomly grouped players will usually do 3v2 for waves 2 and 3. 2v2 is doable in wave 2 with organized and skilled groups however.

- It helps to announce which duel ring you are going to head towards at the beginning of a match to ensure no more than 2 players go there.

- Consider type and ability match ups when deciding where you want to go. For example, Ice forms like Ice Elf and Ice Krokomummy have a lot of bonus effects in their spells that revolve around removing enemy blades. They would therefore be more effective against Life and Balance monsters that tend to blade themselves or their allies. On the flip side trap-focused Death forms like Death Rat Thief and Death Cyclops may have a harder time against Myth enemies because these enemies can push traps off themselves, and Death forms take +25 damage from Myth attacks.

- The red portal on the left goes to the left side of the map, the blue portal on the right goes to the right side of the map. Use the portal that is closest to whichever duel ring you are planning on entering. This sounds super obvious but I've see players enter the blue (right) portal and then run across the arena to a duel ring on the left side of the map . Remember you can also go back into the portal if you went through the "wrong" one by mistake.

- Focus fire on the lower health enemies first.

- Run into the lower health enemies (Mongu, Dune Beetle, Eel, and Baboon) first to initiate a fight. This will make sure the lower health enemy is in the first spot on their side of the duel ring. Once they are down, your side will always have first turn advantage. Avoid initiating the Spiral ring battle by running into the boss first, since they will be the last enemy to die and you won't want them in the first spot.

- Make sure your team has a decent number (2-3) of damage dealers in the Spiral battle ring like Storm and Fire forms or Myth Rat Thief. Sometimes you get Spiral battle rings with 3+ support-oriented forms who simply don't have enough damage output to win in time.

- The "outside" buffs that you can win for Spiral combatants are always in the same locations on the map. The Phalanx (+blade and +armor) is always the battle to the right of the Spiral, and is generally considered the most useful.

- The speed boost you get from passing through those sigils around Star and Eye can stack. You can have your character rapidly move back-and-forth through it 2 or 3 times and then fling yourself across the map. It's quite thrilling.

- If you die but a fight is won within 3 round you will come back to life with 1 hp, "saving" your current Beastform. I would therefore encourage damage-focused playing especially for the regular battles. Don't hesitate to play a little recklessly in order to lay down the hurt on monsters.

As for the Scroll of Fortune I've found that you can pretty easily get at least 400-500 event points per weekly event even if you play more casually. Since you've got 3 months/12 weeks to complete the scroll it's not too difficult to get the ~3,000 points needed to complete the scroll entirely. Try not to fret to much about missing out on the rewards even if you under perform a little in Mayhem. It is definitely one of the more challenging events especially when queuing with random players.
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 3-20-21 at 4:50:07 PM.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: I need help with Beastmoon Monster Mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Hex View Post
      Some miscellaneous Beastmoon Mayhem tips I've picked up from playing:

- It's better to have no more than 2 players per battle for the first wave battles so that all 3 battles can be done simultaneously with 2 players each. Having 3 players per battle in wave 1 is very time inefficient and you likely won't have enough time to defeat the boss. Players will usually say something like "2v2" at the beginning to encourage this. Randomly grouped players will usually do 3v2 for waves 2 and 3. 2v2 is doable in wave 2 with organized and skilled groups however.

- It helps to announce which duel ring you are going to head towards at the beginning of a match to ensure no more than 2 players go there.

- Consider type and ability match ups when deciding where you want to go. For example, Ice forms like Ice Elf and Ice Krokomummy have a lot of bonus effects in their spells that revolve around removing enemy blades. They would therefore be more effective against Life and Balance monsters that tend to blade themselves or their allies. On the flip side trap-focused Death forms like Death Rat Thief and Death Cyclops may have a harder time against Myth enemies because these enemies can push traps off themselves, and Death forms take +25 damage from Myth attacks.

- The red portal on the left goes to the left side of the map, the blue portal on the right goes to the right side of the map. Use the portal that is closest to whichever duel ring you are planning on entering. This sounds super obvious but I've see players enter the blue (right) portal and then run across the arena to a duel ring on the left side of the map . Remember you can also go back into the portal if you went through the "wrong" one by mistake.

- Focus fire on the lower health enemies first.

- Run into the lower health enemies (Mongu, Dune Beetle, Eel, and Baboon) first to initiate a fight. This will make sure the lower health enemy is in the first spot on their side of the duel ring. Once they are down, your side will always have first turn advantage. Avoid initiating the Spiral ring battle by running into the boss first, since they will be the last enemy to die and you won't want them in the first spot.

- Make sure your team has a decent number (2-3) of damage dealers in the Spiral battle ring like Storm and Fire forms or Myth Rat Thief. Sometimes you get Spiral battle rings with 3+ support-oriented forms who simply don't have enough damage output to win in time.

- The "outside" buffs that you can win for Spiral combatants are always in the same locations on the map. The Phalanx (+blade and +armor) is always the battle to the right of the Spiral, and is generally considered the most useful.

- The speed boost you get from passing through those sigils around Star and Eye can stack. You can have your character rapidly move back-and-forth through it 2 or 3 times and then fling yourself across the map. It's quite thrilling.

As for the Scroll of Fortune I've found that you can pretty easily get at least 400-500 event points per weekly event even if you play more casually. Since you've got 3 months/12 weeks to complete the scroll it's not too difficult to get the ~3,000 points needed to complete the scroll entirely. Try not to fret to much about missing out on the rewards even if you under perform a little in Mayhem. It is definitely one of the more challenging events especially when queuing with random players.
      Great tips!

Clear, but concise (Short) communication is key. The following tips will demonstrate just a few reasons for the communication:

Keep a loose eye on the map and where you are or want to go. If you think you be most help in a particular battle, just let everyone know such as "Upper left" "Upper right" etc. so you don't end up with everyone in one spot. The faster everyone splits into teams and gets the fights started, the faster the finish and win at the spiral.

This is where being familiar with how your form interacts with not only the Monsters, but other players as well becomes important. Team up with forms that can either support you, or that you can support. Again, ask who needs help and where.

Getting familiar with the portals is a huge time saver, which is the biggest enemy in Mayhem. Even a fraction of a second can make a huge difference when they are added up.

Just a little observation: When it is time to battle in the spiral, it leaves 2 team members for fighting outside. It is a good idea to have one heavy hitter and one good supporter outside. Not only can they get special spells for the spiral fast, but they become solid "replacements" if someone dies in the spiral. When you hear spiral call for replacement, you can make all the difference and shift the entire game in the teams favor...just get to the as fast as you can.

Again, great tips @Tanner Hex