• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Results 31 to 40 of 63
    1. #31
      Patrick FairyStalker's Avatar
        Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard
      Status: burnt out
       
      Mood:
      Hot
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      1,603
      PvP Tournaments Won
      27
      Thanks (Given)
      1689
      Thanks (Received)
      2046
      Gold
      244.50

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Zeke is definitely hiding something.

    2. #32
      JaredSpellFrost's Avatar
        JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

      • JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore
      Status: Frosty
       
      Mood:
      Cold
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      3,291
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3538
      Thanks (Received)
      5619
      Gold
      7,429.50

      Thumbs down Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
      Ratbeard is one of KI's best developers, because he understands the fundamental issues affecting the game that should have honestly been fixed years ago. KI devs were literally aware percent-based stat progression was unsustainable long term back in 2009...
      Because of Ratbeard, we have:

      -PTW Spellements
      -"Play As Your Pet"- this idea was his six year old son's idea. Typical KIngsIsle going to any length to ignore the communities' suggestions.
      -The awful Pet Update
      -The unbalanced spell nerfing
      -The grindy Catacombs
      -PvP enchantment ban
      -Poor PvP brackets (Ratbeard believes level 1-10 PvP is not a thing, apparently)

      As a head Dev, Ratbeard should have held great sway in preventing all of these additions from ever coming to fruition- but here we are, with a game decimated by his influence.






      Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
      The Spring 2020 pet update that raised hatching prices for using the Hatchmaking Kiosk was great for the game's economy.
      Sure, this update may have been good news for the Players with full 69 plot gardens, access to social media, and a stash of mega snacks but you just come off as a total elitist by saying this. For the large chunk of Players who are younger, newer, and less experienced this update practically disintegrated their hopes of creating decent pets.

      One cannot expect Players to rely on outside sources (Like Pet Central) for hatches, and begging for aid in the Hatchery is obviously out of the question (Remember those days? yeah, not fun), so that leaves us with resorting to 100k+ Gold hatches in the Kiosk!! With Halfang and Asrik getting an underhanded nerf, double gardening being bombed, and the total lack of comprehensive hatching guides ingame, riddle me this- how the heck are these Players expected to afford these hatches??




      Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
      House decorating is the most pay to win activity in this game.
      This issue honestly doesn't get discussed enough. As an avid housing decorator, I agree- to an extent. It is beyond disappointing to see CrownsIsle add more and more unique and well rendered housing items to the game.. But only in packs. I remember the days back when all Pack housing was made droppable by mobs, but not anymore! However, seeing how housing is not as PTW as things like Spellements, Bundle gear, and more I would refrain from calling it the single most PTW thing ingame.





      Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
      Microtransactions are what allowed KI to do the Wizard City graphical overhaul and all the other free content we've gotten (Deckathalon, Beastmoon Hunt/Mayhem, Advanced Move for house decorating, and the game-wide overhaul of all the systems).
      Only 11% of CrownsIsle's revenue stems from their predatory microtransactions. 51% originates from Crown purchases, and oh, would you look at that- they haven't hosted a Classic Crown Sale- a promotion that is guaranteed to bring in the big bucks- since August 2019! Regardless of these statistics, even if KingsIsle was living on their exploited money it would be entirely unethical for them to continuously shove predatory promotions in kids faces.
      Because that's exactly what these weekly microtransactions are- nobody in their right mind is dropping twenty bucks for a lame pet, 40% Mount and Mega Snack Pack- nobody that is, except for children who don't know any better. The fact that KingsIsle is constantly trying to exploit these innocent Players is indictive of a corrupt and frankly evil cooperate culture, that was inspired by EA Games. Recall that none of these nasty Crown Reward Events and predatory promotions were nonexistent before KI took on Dave Rosen and Craig Beers from EA Games- the most reviled gaming company of all time.

      Methinks that any marketing strategy originating from EA is a poor one, wouldn't you agree?


      As for the Deckathalon and Beastmoon events, you're fooling yourself if you think that these are accessible to everyone. To succeed in the Deckathalon, one is required to have a perfected Maycast pet, inherent understanding of the multifaceted and unique TC strategies, access to guides, and 4+ hours each day to farm. Tell me, how is that child friendly? As long as this game is rated E10+, KIngsIsle is morally obligated to pander to their youngest Players.

      Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 3-26-21 at 3:33:41 PM. Reason: UGH, why can't spoilers hide images??

      "Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.




    3. #33
        Spellbinder is offline Legendary Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      5,450
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      10781
      Thanks (Received)
      8945
      Gold
      210.10
      Blog Entries
      28

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Ratbeard is rude and mocks anyone who challenges or questions him. I don't like the direction KI is going because of him. It is NOT smart to put someone over your successful game who was leading your failed one not deemed worth updating for years.
      Bumkissing Ratbeard seems to be the most important qualification to working for KI now.
      2 weeks since logging in and just uninstalled yesterday for a different game. I give up here but figured it was worth mentioning before I faded into forgotten obscurity.
      Mostly here for a side thing and happened to check the threads today because why not?
      Omg
      I think I love you more than paper tick
      -Katz to fishy cracker

    4. #34
      Torpzun26's Avatar
        Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

      • Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
      Status: CA-CAW (+3 Strength)
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      538
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      254
      Thanks (Received)
      1164
      Gold
      457.50

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Looks like we found the truly unpopular opinions.

    5. #35
      FusionSun's Avatar
        FusionSun is offline Initiate Wizard

      • FusionSun's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Carlos SeaSword
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Vaden
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Stained Glass Roller
      Status: Probably texting
       
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      200
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1716
      Thanks (Received)
      330
      Gold
      164.00

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
      Ratbeard is one of KI's best developers, because he understands the fundamental issues affecting the game that should have honestly been fixed years ago. KI devs were literally aware percent-based stat progression was unsustainable long term back in 2009...

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      What makes you think that?


      The reason I think Ratbeard is one of KI's best developers is because I started noticing during the end of 2014 that the game has really significant problems, and then KI never addressed them at all as the years went by. I remember when the Storm Malistaire robe first was discovered during the Darkmoor test realm, my immediate reaction was that the robe is literally perfect in every way. And we were only level 100! How in the world could KI create something better, when Storm wizards were already reaching past 100% damage, 100% accuracy, 100% power pip chance, and 100% critical chance. The Darkmoor spells were also so overpowered compared to the spells we got before; I studied math in college, and I could easily see that the gain in power of those spells relative to their pip cost was through the roof.

      As I began making more maxes, I noticed that contrary to what I read online about some schools being better/worse than others in questing, all of them were... pretty much identical to be honest. There was literally no difference in my playstyle across each school, and I noticed that school identity was being thrown out the window with every update. I thought that KI REALLY needed to give us utility spells to differentiate the schools again, but seeing the OP Mirage spells in the November 2016 test realm felt like a slap to the face. I thought KI literally had no idea what they were doing in terms of level progression, and the fact they introduced yet another percent-based stat (pip conversion) showed to me they weren't thinking long term. I thought KI desperately needed someone to come in and actually fix all the long-standing issues that the game has, so we can actually level up and get stronger again.

      As for Ratbeard, I really like how he and Mattnetic changed the shadow pip system so that it uses ratings now. Ratings have unlimited room for growth, and I think it's good that you can choose to focus on other stats at the expense of not getting a shadow pip as quickly as your opponent. I also think it's great that the spell audit is giving us a return to school identity, and that the damage on each spell is calculated using damage per pip values for each school. I think using limits for crit/block was an ingenious way to remove the decay that occurred with each level up, while also making block relevant again. I'm excited to see how they tackle damage/pierce/resist.


      Khrysalis is the best world KI ever released (aside from Pirate101's Marleybone and Aquila update), and every world after has been sub-par in comparison.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Maybe part of that is due to worlds being shorter compared to those three.
      Regarding Khrysalis, I think the world had the best storyline and geographic diversity out of all the other worlds. You also get significantly stronger in that world (Shadow magic + decks with pips), and the crafted gear is also pretty good there. Morganthe also drops really good gear as well. I didn't really like the other worlds after Khrysalis because they felt incomplete to me; with stat progression falling apart after level 100, it felt like I was leveling up without really getting stronger. I thought that negatively affected my questing experience in the third arc as a result.

      Balance is the most boring school to play as.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Matter of opinion, though what about it is boring to you?


      I think it's probably because Balance is my last school that I maxed, but I just don't like how it's a "jack of all trades" type school. All the other schools felt like they were good in at least something, but Balance just felt like it wasn't good at really anything aside from supporting lol. I also dislike the orange color scheme that I feel obligated to wear for some reason on my Balance lol

      Life should never have gotten a 4 pip aoe.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Interesting, why's that?
      Life getting a 4 pip aoe felt like a dissolution of school identity.

      Every school should have the same base health at each level; the only difference would be the health that gear grants to the schools.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      I disagree here as that would take away some of the uniqueness each school has (i.e. storm=high offense/low defense, ice=high defense/low defense, etc.).
      I think the base health difference is problematic because it's now wide enough that the difference is pretty significant. I think over time Life will have the highest health out of all the other schools, and we could see Storm having 10,000 health while Life has close to 15,000 or 16,000.

      The Spring 2020 pet update that raised hatching prices for using the Hatchmaking Kiosk was great for the game's economy.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Interesting, how so?
      The hatchmaking kiosk is essentially a shortcut to getting a perfect pet, so I like that you have to compensate for this by paying extra gold. I also think it's problematic when so many players complain about being at max gold with nothing to spend it on, so actually having a use for it is good for the gold economy.

      Frost Giant is fine just the way it is right now.


      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Interesting that you prefer the nerfed version of the spell, but then again it does line up a bit more with Ice's initial hook of high defense, low offense.
      New spells are the most boring and worthless part of every new world update. I use only like three attacks on all of my characters and burn through the content pretty quickly, so I will never have a need to change up my playstyle to use whatever new spell KI releases.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      So what would you have them focus on instead? Or what would it take for you to use more than just 3 attack spells?
      I would love for KI to release utility spells instead of constantly giving us more damage spells.

      House decorating is the most pay to win activity in this game.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      How is it pay to win?


      A lot of the best looking housing items nowadays are no auction and put in packs as Epic-level rewards. The Galactic Water Sprout from the Celestia Lore Pack in particular was really painful to see...

      Hybrid playstyles at max level are actually viable right now, because every single pack since 2015 has hybrid gear in it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Interesting how you say housing is pay to win yet also compliment packs for having mixed stats for hybrid playstyles. Wouldn't that also technically be pay to win as well?


      Yeah, I see what you mean about the packs. I think hybrid playstyles would be more common if the gear was available outside of packs. I just wanted to point out that it is there for people to utilize.

      Wizard101 is in a stronger position right now (in terms of game balance and future growth) than it has ever been in the past. In the past, KI HAD to release new worlds and member-only content in order to generate revenue to continue having the game be profitable. The fact that they can release free content (every update nowadays has lots of content that nonmembers can participate in) and STILL be profitable shows that the game is in a really strong position. Microtransactions are what allowed KI to do the Wizard City graphical overhaul and all the other free content we've gotten (Deckathalon, Beastmoon Hunt/Mayhem, Advanced Move for house decorating, and the game-wide overhaul of all the systems).

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      I do agree that compared to say 09 or 10 there's a lot more stuff to do besides questing and house decorating than there is before. That said, while microtransactions most likely helped with this content, wouldn't you agree that they're relying a bit too much on microtransaction focused content (crown reward event, these days?


      Yeah, I don't really like how the microtransactions provide solutions to problems that KI themselves create. KI makes spellements nearly impossible to obtain and then creates a $2/month pack that provides only spellements

      Context: I'm maxed in every school.
      Comments in bold.
      Last edited by FusionSun; 3-26-21 at 5:38:45 PM. Reason: Figured out how to format quotes properly lol

    6. #36
      Flash33's Avatar
        Flash33 is offline Exalted

      • Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Various
      Status: Stuff.
       
      Mood:
      Musical
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      10,886
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2695
      Thanks (Received)
      10353
      Gold
      11,608.10
      Blog Entries
      104

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Quote Originally Posted by FusionSun View Post
      I don't know how to format this post to respond to each of your bold comments through a quote, so I'll just respond to them individually.

      The reason I think Ratbeard is one of KI's best developers is because I started noticing during the end of 2014 that the game has really significant problems, and then KI never addressed them at all as the years went by. I remember when the Storm Malistaire robe first was discovered during the Darkmoor test realm, my immediate reaction was that the robe is literally perfect in every way. And we were only level 100! How in the world could KI create something better, when Storm wizards were already reaching past 100% damage, 100% accuracy, 100% power pip chance, and 100% critical chance. The Darkmoor spells were also so overpowered compared to the spells we got before; I studied math in college, and I could easily see that the gain in power of those spells relative to their pip cost was through the roof.

      As I began making more maxes, I noticed that contrary to what I read online about some schools being better/worse than others in questing, all of them were... pretty much identical to be honest. There was literally no difference in my playstyle across each school, and I noticed that school identity was being thrown out the window with every update. I thought that KI REALLY needed to give us utility spells to differentiate the schools again, but seeing the OP Mirage spells in the November 2016 test realm felt like a slap to the face. I thought KI literally had no idea what they were doing in terms of level progression, and the fact they introduced yet another percent-based stat (pip conversion) showed to me they weren't thinking long term. I thought KI desperately needed someone to come in and actually fix all the long-standing issues that the game has, so we can actually level up and get stronger again.

      As for Ratbeard, I really like how he and Mattnetic changed the shadow pip system so that it uses ratings now. Ratings have unlimited room for growth, and I think it's good that you can choose to focus on other stats at the expense of not getting a shadow pip as quickly as your opponent. I also think it's great that the spell audit is giving us a return to school identity, and that the damage on each spell is calculated using damage per pip values for each school. I think using limits for crit/block was an ingenious way to remove the decay that occurred with each level up, while also making block relevant again. I'm excited to see how they tackle damage/pierce/resist.

      Regarding Khrysalis, I think the world had the best storyline and geographic diversity out of all the other worlds. You also get significantly stronger in that world (Shadow magic + decks with pips), and the crafted gear is also pretty good there. Morganthe also drops really good gear as well. I didn't really like the other worlds after Khrysalis because they felt incomplete to me; with stat progression falling apart after level 100, it felt like I was leveling up without really getting stronger. I thought that negatively affected my questing experience in the third arc as a result.

      I think it's probably because Balance is my last school that I maxed, but I just don't like how it's a "jack of all trades" type school. All the other schools felt like they were good in at least something, but Balance just felt like it wasn't good at really anything aside from supporting lol. I also dislike the orange color scheme that I feel obligated to wear for some reason on my Balance lol

      Life getting a 4 pip aoe felt like a dissolution of school identity.

      I think the base health difference is problematic because it's now wide enough that the difference is pretty significant. I think over time Life will have the highest health out of all the other schools, and we could see Storm having 10,000 health while Life has close to 15,000 or 16,000.

      The hatchmaking kiosk is essentially a shortcut to getting a perfect pet, so I like that you have to compensate for this by paying extra gold. I also think it's problematic when so many players complain about being at max gold with nothing to spend it on, so actually having a use for it is good for the gold economy.

      I would love for KI to release utility spells instead of constantly giving us more damage spells.

      A lot of the best looking housing items nowadays are no auction and put in packs as Epic-level rewards. The Galactic Water Sprout from the Celestia Lore Pack in particular was really painful to see...

      Yeah, I see what you mean about the packs. I think hybrid playstyles would be more common if the gear was available outside of packs. I just wanted to point out that it is there for people to utilize.

      Yeah, I don't really like how the microtransactions provide solutions to problems that KI themselves create. KI makes spellements nearly impossible to obtain and then creates a $2/month pack that provides only spellements
      Got it, thank you for the explanations. I definitely agree that housing items in packs should be auctionable. That way everyone can have them even if they don't buy packs.

    7. #37
      FusionSun's Avatar
        FusionSun is offline Initiate Wizard

      • FusionSun's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Carlos SeaSword
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Vaden
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Stained Glass Roller
      Status: Probably texting
       
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      200
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1716
      Thanks (Received)
      330
      Gold
      164.00

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      -PTW Spellements
      Did Ratbeard himself decide how spellements should be obtained? I got the impression he only designed how the system should work, not how the spellements themselves should be obtained.
      -"Play As Your Pet"- this idea was his six year old son's idea. Typical KIngsIsle going to any length to ignore the communities' suggestions.
      Yeah, I find that weird when Wizard's playerbase is 20-35 apparently.
      -The awful Pet Update
      The "awful Pet Update" lowered the cost of hatching in person, and allowed you to skip pet training games.
      -The unbalanced spell nerfing
      It balanced out spells by making their damage values based on mathematical formulas. I thought it was great for the game.
      -The grindy Catacombs
      No disagreements here lol
      -PvP enchantment ban
      You shouldn't be dealing thousands of damage with a 3 pip shadow spell.
      -Poor PvP brackets (Ratbeard believes level 1-10 PvP is not a thing, apparently)
      Can you explain this one to me? I have never done low level PvP so I don't understand what you mean.
      As a head Dev, Ratbeard should have held great sway in preventing all of these additions from ever coming to fruition- but here we are, with a game decimated by his influence.







      Sure, this update may have been good news for the Players with full 69 plot gardens, access to social media, and a stash of mega snacks but you just come off as a total elitist by saying this. For the large chunk of Players who are younger, newer, and less experienced this update practically disintegrated their hopes of creating decent pets.
      One cannot expect Players to rely on outside sources (Like Pet Central) for hatches, and begging for aid in the Hatchery is obviously out of the question (Remember those days? yeah, not fun), so that leaves us with resorting to 100k+ Gold hatches in the Kiosk!! With Halfang and Asrik getting an underhanded nerf, double gardening being bombed, and the total lack of comprehensive hatching guides ingame, riddle me this- how the heck are these Players expected to afford these hatches??
      I think it's a wonderful thing to pay 5000 gold to hatch two adult pets together, and that I can skip pet games to make my pets quicker. Definitely allows new players to make pets much faster! It's even easier with the new pet lending system, and I've seen many people in the Hatchery happily lending out their pets to anyone who asks. I've also gotten tons of free Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas while questing in the third arc, which definitely helped augment the size of my gardens since the double gardening benefit got nerfed.

      *I think I recall from a KI Live that new players don't actually focus on making pets as they level up, and that the overwhelming majority wait until they're max before they seriously attempt to make a pet. I also don't really think a good pet is required to be able to play this game...


      This issue honestly doesn't get discussed enough. As an avid housing decorator, I agree- to an extent. It is beyond disappointing to see CrownsIsle add more and more unique and well rendered housing items to the game.. But only in packs. I remember the days back when all Pack housing was made droppable by mobs, but not anymore! However, seeing how housing is not as PTW as things like Spellements, Bundle gear, and more I would refrain from calling it the single most PTW thing ingame.
      My housing friends casually tell me they drop hundreds of dollars to obtain good housing items, and I just sit there in silence lol



      Only 11% of CrownsIsle's revenue stems from their predatory microtransactions. 51% originates from Crown purchases, and oh, would you look at that- they haven't hosted a Classic Crown Sale- a promotion that is guaranteed to bring in the big bucks- since August 2019! Regardless of these statistics, even if KingsIsle was living on their exploited money it would be entirely unethical for them to continuously shove predatory promotions in kids faces.
      Because that's exactly what these weekly microtransactions are- nobody in their right mind is dropping twenty bucks for a lame pet, 40% Mount and Mega Snack Pack- nobody that is, except for children who don't know any better. The fact that KingsIsle is constantly trying to exploit these innocent Players is indictive of a corrupt and frankly evil cooperate culture, that was inspired by EA Games. Recall that none of these nasty Crown Reward Events and predatory promotions were nonexistent before KI took on Dave Rosen and Craig Beers from EA Games- the most reviled gaming company of all time.

      Methinks that any marketing strategy originating from EA is a poor one, wouldn't you agree?
      Thanks for pointing that out. I realized I misspoke when I said microtransactions in my earlier post; I meant to say all the new crown shop stuff is what's generating KI their revenue. It honestly makes me sick seeing all these predatory promotions that they do nowadays; I remember when I saw Decius tweet that he's "proud" of all the new crown shop bundles he created, I just stared at my phone in shock for a few seconds since I couldn't believe he actually said that. The whole situation is really sad, because there's so much KI can put in the crown shop that would generate them revenue AND not be predatory, but they continue to do these predatory promotions for some reason.

      As for the Deckathalon and Beastmoon events, you're fooling yourself if you think that these are accessible to everyone. To succeed in the Deckathalon, one is required to have a perfected Maycast pet, inherent understanding of the multifaceted and unique TC strategies, access to guides, and 4+ hours each day to farm. Tell me, how is that child friendly? As long as this game is rated E10+, KIngsIsle is morally obligated to pander to their youngest Players.
      I agree with you regarding the Deckathalon events. I just got into my first ever Deckathalon earlier this month, and I discovered it's a massive investment (as well as very expensive) in order to finish stage 10.

    8. #38
      Cosmos's Avatar
        Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  50
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      2,265
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1165
      Thanks (Received)
      1492
      Gold
      465.86
      Blog Entries
      18

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      Looks like we found the truly unpopular opinions.
      We centainly found something lol. You could add a "Sir, this is a Wendy's" to half of these. So much shade.
      Come back alive. It'd be an awfully empty galaxy without you. - Garrus Vakarian // I also write my own stuff ~

    9. #39
      Eric Stormbringer's Avatar
        Eric Stormbringer is offline Wizard101 US Faculty

      • Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous
      Status: Yo ho ho
       
      Mood:
      Woot
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      3,397
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      8007
      Thanks (Received)
      6123
      Gold
      973.00

      Re: Unpopular Opinions

      Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
      We centainly found something lol. You could add a "Sir, this is a Wendy's" to half of these. So much shade.
      Some of these comments got me like:

      Name:  Thats bait.PNG
Views: 89
Size:  155.6 KB

      Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Avatar by JaliSkyx
      Signature by Skyfuria

    10. #40
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Woot
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      2,382
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      5058
      Thanks (Received)
      2864
      Gold
      1,543.80

      Question Re: Unpopular Opinions

      I have been reading this thread with more attention lately, and it seems a great deal of disatisfaction revolves around @Ratbeard and the things he is involved with. It makes me wonder if he is aware of these issues and his role in them.
      "Yes, My Lord"

    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •