----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Modern Storm Guides

Hey, I've just recently came back to this game because of quarantine, and I was wondering if there were any decent guides to PVPing as a Storm Wizard? I'm currently about to hit the level 30 benchmark, and was curious about like, spell decks and gear lists. A lot of the guides I found by searching are older, and I was looking for the most modern one.
      Alura RainbowBlade: Level 29 Storm

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: Modern Storm Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphowako View Post
      Hey, I've just recently came back to this game because of quarantine, and I was wondering if there were any decent guides to PVPing as a Storm Wizard? I'm currently about to hit the level 30 benchmark, and was curious about like, spell decks and gear lists. A lot of the guides I found by searching are older, and I was looking for the most modern one.
      How to PvP as a Diviner: Don't.

All joking asides, Storm Wizards are perhaps the most underperforming school in the Arena. Pyromancers just do their job better, with superior health, utility, resist, and for some cognitively dissonant reason damage! That could change with the upcoming 5th Age Update (Which if you're gonna do PvP, I'd recommend waiting for before starting), though only Raven knows when that'll be released.

But, if you want advice from a qualified Diviner Duelist @Eric Stormbringer should be able to help ya out.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 3-12-21 at 6:52:58 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Modern Storm Guides

Wild Bolt Spam and hope for the best lol

In terms of guides though, there are none really. Nobody bothers to really make updated guides here and very few have tried in other Wiz-related websites. Your best bet is probably from the specific instructions of a skilled duelist in game or watching other people in the Arena (albeit like said before, there's very few storms in the Arena across all levels). The state of PvP is definitely not like it was back before coming back from Quarantine.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 3-12-21 at 9:32:31 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Eric Stormbringer is offline Wizard101 US Faculty

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

As @JaredSpellFrost has said, pvp as a Storm is rough in this current meta. The game is undergoing a massive update in all major areas so the meta is very much in flux atm (and may change as soon as the fast approaching spring test realm). As such, I would really recommend waiting until there is some more stability in the meta.

However, if you want to get your feet wet anyway- I suggest watching some of Blake PvP's videos. He is a much better storm pvper than I am and he does frequent videos in the current meta. Here is one of his more recent:

Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 3-12-21 at 10:18:57 PM.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

ChoGath is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphowako View Post
      I made a good living as a L38 storm back in the day, which gives you a workable HP buffer. L50 is quite doable too. The trouble you will encounter is that you're missing the Warlord and Glendemming armor sets. There are lots 1st, 2nd, and 3rd age L38 and L50 warlords with perfect setups that are in the 500-900 rank range, so climbing rank to qualify for the gear upgrade with be difficult.

As for a deck setup, I'd suggest a few things:
      1. Use your Storm minion early and often. Its 700HP, so tough and now has a storm hit to clear storm shields. It taunts, elemental shields, sprites, and spirit armors you too.
      2. Use a myth amulet, which gives you access to earthquake - best way to make a cloud of blades disappear, while giving damage to the opponent and enemy minion.
      3. Get the myth school ninja pigs - hits like a triton and is an off school surprise.
      4. Get the storm school "catch of the day" - hits hard AND removes 2x blades from the enemy.
      5. Use Fortify Aura for defense and to cancel your opponent's gear pierce and/or their infallible (pierce) aura. Works as well as or better than weaken. They can't just "wand it off".
      6. Get a storm beetle for a pet - a wonderful set of 1pip shield breaks and balance blade combo.
      7. Use the death school Sacrifice as your "big heal" from TCs - a super 3 pip heal that's nearly as good as a Satyr, but also has several good utility uses such as clearing 90% weakens or 70% feints. Feint-shatter-hit is a thing.
      8. Use lots of storm bubbles. Controlling the bubble strengthens you and weakens your opponent. I also pack doom in the TC deck, instead of infections or life dispels.
      9. Use (2p) bats and (3p) sharks to kill the 3 & 4 pip minions of your opponent, winning the pip production war.
      10. At L50, you will have enough training points to get Fire's beetle, elf, and phoenix. These three can be mutated into excellent storm spells. Not sure if the storm beetle & storm elf mutates will continue, so check their availability through the rebalancing changes.

P.S. I also forgot to mention that the V2.0 Storm Minion casts disarm, which strips away 1x enemy blade. Effectively combining Earthquake, Catch-of-the-Day, and Disarm will severely limit the damage abilities of the Ice/life style warlords, which are very common at L50. Overall, blade based attack strategies are very common, not just with Ice, so the V2.0 Storm minion is always (and surprisingly) relevant.

P.S.S. Storm gets the spell "Wild Bolt" very early, so I would highly recommend starting your PvP life in the L5-L10 range and earning your RANK at that level. This is the point where everyone is the most equal in their gearing abilities. Get solar surge quickly, get a good mega-pet beetle, and then continue with the bolting and TC wars until you get the RANK you need for the Warlord / Glendemming armor sets. Do Tournaments (not random rank) duels to obtain the tickets needed for the gear. Once you're fully geared, then you can do random rank to you heart's content and not be severely handicapped due to lack of gear.

P.S.S.S. Make sure you have a set of Life school Triage spells in your TC deck. Large blade & bubble boosted DOT spells (i.e. snow angel, dragon, heck hound, spinysaur) are a thing. Nothing crushes your opponent's hope as brutally as a promptly applied triage to make them go away. It simply the "pro" thing to do.
      Last edited by ChoGath; 3-14-21 at 1:19:49 PM.