----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Pet Ability: Dot Doctor

I'm looking to add dot doctor as one of the talents on my pets but i'm hesitant because i don't know what the triggers are or even what the cast rate/chance for it is.

I'm more or less interested as to what the triggers are than the cast rate/chance is btw but "both" are helpful either way if anyone knows?

Ziwyss is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Pet Ability: Dot Doctor

Does anyone have any information about what triggers dot doctor?

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Ziwyss View Post
      Does anyone have any information about what triggers dot doctor?
      I think I've only ever seen it work once, and obviously it was when a damage over time spell was active on my wizard. I want to say it was in a battle with death enemies and one of them used Poison. If I recall correctly, it was not immediate but after the first tick.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I used it on one of my wizard when i was farming deckathalon.

it activates whenever either a dot is cast or ticks. However saying how often it triggers is difficult, since devs said not long ago that they "corrected a bug" that was making this kind of maycast trigger more often than what they were supposed to do.

I have seen it happen a few times, in a lot of runs, so i'd say it's low, and I prefer heals because, in the best of cases, it will just remove a damage without increasing your health (so if you are low, you still need to heal), and in the worst case it will let you die.

Comparatively, heal maycast will increase your health, and every tick gives a chance to trigger them. So that's where my heart beats. Literally.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Ziwyss is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Willowdreamer View Post
      I think I've only ever seen it work once, and obviously it was when a damage over time spell was active on my wizard. I want to say it was in a battle with death enemies and one of them used Poison. If I recall correctly, it was not immediate but after the first tick.

Okay so based on what you said i think it could activate by and from taking damage from any and all sources "if" you have a dot on you, that is although i'm not really sure if it works that way tbh.

Like, would you say for example after you take damage from that tick in the first round and it didn't activate then would it still have "seperate" chances to activate if that person took damage from a empower/dark pact/sacrifice (etc..) then right after took damage from the mob(s) in that very first round?

Also could it even remove ally dot(s) or is it just for yourself, hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      I used it on one of my wizard when i was farming deckathalon.

it activates whenever either a dot is cast or ticks. However saying how often it triggers is difficult, since devs said not long ago that they "corrected a bug" that was making this kind of maycast trigger more often than what they were supposed to do.

I have seen it happen a few times, in a lot of runs, so i'd say it's low, and I prefer heals because, in the best of cases, it will just remove a damage without increasing your health (so if you are low, you still need to heal), and in the worst case it will let you die.

Comparatively, heal maycast will increase your health, and every tick gives a chance to trigger them. So that's where my heart beats. Literally.
      yeah, it makes sense for it to trigger whenever there are dots on you but like i said in my response to willowdreamer i wonder if taking damage from spells other than the dot(s) could affect it's trigger rate or if even taking damage from other spells IS a trigger possibly.

Also, i don't have any maycast heal pets atm but i figure if i got dot doctor and maycast heals then i'd want to have it alongside those maycast heals because some mobs in the higher worlds can cast dots with high or insane damage such as hades or the new stay-puffed marshmellow skeleton key boss which could save a lot of trouble if dot doctor even triggered, that is although someone with dot doctor and with the actual "triage" spell would need to test it out.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 5-5-21 at 8:00:33 AM. Reason: double posted

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Ziwyss View Post
      Okay so based on what you said i think it could activate by and from taking damage from any and all sources "if" you have a dot on you, that is although i'm not really sure if it works that way tbh.

Like, would you say for example after you take damage from that tick in the first round and it didn't activate then would it still have "seperate" chances to activate if that person took damage from a empower/dark pact/sacrifice (etc..) then right after took damage from the mob(s) in that very first round?

Also could it even remove ally dot(s) or is it just for yourself, hmmm.

yeah, it makes sense for it to trigger whenever there are dots on you but like i said in my response to willowdreamer i wonder if taking damage from spells other than the dot(s) could affect it's trigger rate or if even taking damage from other spells IS a trigger possibly.

Also, i don't have any maycast heal pets atm but i figure if i got dot doctor and maycast heals then i'd want to have it alongside those maycast heals because some mobs in the higher worlds can cast dots with high or insane damage such as hades or the new stay-puffed marshmellow skeleton key boss which could save a lot of trouble if dot doctor even triggered, that is although someone with dot doctor and with the actual "triage" spell would need to test it out.
      Honestly I used it quite a bit, and it never triggered over a direct damage. It's easy to see, because DoTs tick before your turn starts, and pet abilities trigger at the end of it, so enemy can't direct hit you in between to give false positives.

In any case, you should not count on a single maycast to save your day, you will regret it more often than not. Having a quad or penta healer is way more secured - or at least it was until the last update. and for the rest keep a few triage in your TCs, that will be amply enough. With the new updates, if your wizard is weakish you are also better off selecting several passive resist skills for your pet; those will work on every tick and reduce drastically the damage.

Remembering also that pierce is a substraction where resists are dividers, so if you have 40% resist, and opponent has 20% piercing, you keep 20% of your resist skill, and if you add a 20% aura, then your resist stay untouched (while the aura would reduce the damage to 80% and your resist would take off 40% of that 80%, so you would end getting 48% of inital damage). So it's a decent alternative to add resist beyond opponent's piercing abilities and then play an aura to decrease their piercing, and you stand the Dot with that.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."