lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Participation Trophies

I was just moving my rarer reagents in to my shared back and found that I have 20 Participation trophies on my second account. I usually do my of my daily's during the member bonus months, so maybe 3-4 months of daily's per year on 6 wizards and you can see they do add up over time. I should add the game doesn't say when you get one, only way to know is checking reagents.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I was just moving my rarer reagents in to my shared back and found that I have 20 Participation trophies on my second account. I usually do my of my daily's during the member bonus months, so maybe 3-4 months of daily's per year on 6 wizards and you can see they do add up over time. I should add the game doesn't say when you get one, only way to know is checking reagents.
      I remember doing daily's well... daily. But lately I haven't done most of them whenever I go online and yes that's entirely my fault as an alternative means of getting arena tickets without actually doing PvP. But thinking of people who don't play this game often (perhaps free time they could squeeze in), people who are tight on time so much that they don't bother with Daily's because they'd find their limited time better spent questing or reconnecting with friends, daily assignments is certainly not a reasonable means to get the arena tickets. Not to mention this method is quite slow, a lot of players aren't in the same situation of doing Daily's for 6 wizards each single day...
      I still think it's unreasonable...

What are your thoughts @Kris??

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Kris is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Kris's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kristen StarGem / Miranda / Grace DragonRider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Phoebe
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I remember doing daily's well... daily. But lately I haven't done most of them whenever I go online and yes that's entirely my fault as an alternative means of getting arena tickets without actually doing PvP. But thinking of people who don't play this game often (perhaps free time they could squeeze in), people who are tight on time so much that they don't bother with Daily's because they'd find their limited time better spent questing or reconnecting with friends, daily assignments is certainly not a reasonable means to get the arena tickets. Not to mention this method is quite slow, a lot of players aren't in the same situation of doing Daily's for 6 wizards each single day...
      For me personally, I'm a crowns player. I haven't touched PvP since the first age (like 2011?) and have no desire to do so ever again tbh. The game is too different for me to keep up anymore. I play this game to relieve my stress, not cause it lol. So, PvP for me is expensive and just uninteresting. While I appreciate that you don't HAVE to PvP to get these trophies, I am still not a fan of this being arguably the most viable option to get them. PvP should be for those who want to do it. Not something you should feel pressured into doing in order to complete the main goals of the game.

I have no participation trophies on any of my wizards. I did do dailies for quite a while, but stopped because it was an aspect of the game I didn't really care for. I also wasn't even sure if I would GET these trophies. I recall reading another similar thread that it took another member of this community about a year of doing dailies to get all the participation trophies needed. This killed my desire to keep trying to get them that way. Seriously, a year? I know your mileage may vary when it comes to your luck, however, I am unlucky haha. I try to use my time wisely with this game, since I only have so much time to spend on it. I try to make it count.

As a result, I've been extremely discouraged. I gave up on revered crafting. I have a feeling at some point this will come back to bite me, and I'll be forced to find a way to get that badge. But for now, I'm going to focus on the things I really enjoy, which is questing and hanging out with my friends. Obviously, this game will have aspects to it we aren't going to enjoy. I ran around Azteca for who knows how long trying to get agave nectar to craft Rat Spin. But at the end of the day, that was a more rewarding way to use my time. I KNEW there was a light at the end of the tunnel. When it comes to these trophies, without PvP as an option, and my insanely bad luck, I just don't think it's worth my time to continue trying.
      Last edited by Kris; 1-13-21 at 7:25:12 PM. Reason: weird spacing??

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm not sure if I made myself clear, on day 5, 10, & 15 you can get the participation trophy it just doesn't tell you if you got one. doing daily's for arena tickets would take years to get enough.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 1-15-21 at 5:35:46 AM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I'm not sure if I made myself clear, on day 5, 10, & 15 you can get the participation trophy it just doesn't tell you if you got one. doing daily's for arena tickets would take years to get enough.
      Hmmm that's rather odd, I'll try to keep with with the Daily's amongst my 3 wizards, see if I end up getting enough...

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hmmm that's rather odd, I'll try to keep with with the Daily's amongst my 3 wizards, see if I end up getting enough...
      I would say don't check too often otherwise it can get frustrating. Just do your daily's then do whatever you do in game and check from time to time under reagents.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 1-15-21 at 10:29:11 AM.

lynchjw is offline Journeyman Wizard

• lynchjw's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jared MistRunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Duke Jasmine
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Efreet

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I did the math. To buy enough participation Trophies to achieve the highest crafting rank would take a little over 5.5 years of Dailies on a single wizard if you rely only on accumulating Arena Tickets that way. The hidden, random Participation Trophy drops would shorten that; extent depending on your RNG luck.

You can further shorten that by filling out your account with Level 12 wizards that also do the Dailies; the Arena Tickets are not transferable, but the Participation Trophies are via the Shared Bank. With six wizards doing Dailies you could get it down to about 11 months based just on the Arena Ticket accumulation. Again, it will actually be less than that due to the hidden, random Participation Trophy drops. Note that this approach involves spending about an hour per day, every day just on doing Dailies.

I don't have data on the random drop rate, but I do recall it did not take me all that long to gather my first five Participation Trophies in this way; and at the time I was only running four wizards on my account. Based on what others have said, my luck was perhaps better than that of others.

it would not really have mattered to me in any case because my whole approach to Wizard 101 is a long, slow game. There is no way KI will put out new content at a rate that stays ahead of the way many (most?) people play; even me as I plod along. Also, there's no badge for being the first person to exhaust new content when it is released; and few, if any, bragging rights. So, I just don't rush to get things done and that eliminates the stress. I'll get to that next goal (whatever it is) when I get there.

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye
      ----

Mood:
      Busy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Has anyone mentioned the Scrolls of Fortune? I'm pretty sure one of the mid-level prizes on all of the scrolls so far have awarded 3 PT's. That's 12 per year. Of course, you have to fork over hard earned money to get the scrolls. Cannot say if that is worth it for many.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

Yuna is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Yuna's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destruction Incarnate
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luci
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Demon

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

honestly, i don't mind participation trophies being apart of revered crafting. there are multiple ways to get these trophies, tournaments, daily assignments, scroll of fortune, etc. with every activity in wiz, there has always been a fast and slow route to obtaining them, and also a paid version.

the fastest way is obviously tournaments. i understand some people don't like to pvp, but the thing is you don't even need to be in a match. just join for gold, log off when the tournament starts, and claim your rewards after. no interaction with anyone. what i don't understand is why some people are so against throwing matches. it costs you nothing, as you don't lose rank and the losses aren't even shown on your character. so your opponent gets a free win. so what? those that don't pvp, most likely even if you did participate in the match, your opponent will still get an easy win. so what's the difference? only thing i see is you save yourself some time and aggravation.

if you are against pvp that much, to not even throw a match for easy tickets, then you have daily assignments and scroll of fortune. yes daily assignments takes awhile and the scroll costs money. but those are alternative options.

revered crafting isn't even that difficult. the main issue is some people are rather stubborn and even when given an easy solution, they refuse to try it. you do you. but ki shouldn't have to cater to your every whim just because you don't like the options given.
      Last edited by Yuna; 1-15-21 at 11:55:19 AM.

"Peace is but a shadow of death; desperate to forget its painful past. Though we hope for promising years,
      after shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12