• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Observations from the Trenches: Late 4th Age Ranked PvP

Quote Originally Posted by mmailliw View Post
      EPILOGUE: I did make my way to 600 about a week after that last post. Solar Surge is an awesome addition to my PvP arsenal (especially when added to the extra boost for Frostbite and Colossus that Karamelle already gave us: it makes Frostbite do 825 total damage as 205+620 and Colossus does a whopping 815-895)... but the matchups are even worse than they were at lower rank!

It seems that half of my (level 69) matches are against Promethean opponents, many of whom have full Hades gear. While I have a fair shot against a Level 90 opponent with random gear and no strategy, there's no real way at Legendary to take down an opponent with more damage than my top level Diviner and enough pierce to get rid of all my resist, especially when their own health and resist makes "race to OHKO" a losing battle for me.

But a surprising number of matches are against opponents below Level 50 with no Critical stats - and such an opponent would have even less of a chance against me than I would against a Level 99 with Hades gear. And that's when I get matches at all... there aren't exactly tons of opponents in the Arena who are Level 60-79 with rank between 550 and 699...

in any event, though, my rank has stayed consistently between 580 and 628 since mid-to-late January! (until I went 1-6 last night, and I'll just say it's not fun to go up against a Life Warlord whose strategy is "build up max blades and traps while keeping Sanctuary, Fortify, and shields up... Empower or Sacrifice away weaknesses, Shatter your shields, and do five digits of damage even through the Tower you dug for right after the Shatter!")
      Lol reading it like one of those ancient war stories you constantly hear from old people. So brave

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Jesse Strong is online now Prodigious

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

EPILOGUE: I did make my way to 600 about a week after that last post. Solar Surge is an awesome addition to my PvP arsenal (especially when added to the extra boost for Frostbite and Colossus that Karamelle already gave us: it makes Frostbite do 825 total damage as 205+620 and Colossus does a whopping 815-895)... but the matchups are even worse than they were at lower rank!

It seems that half of my (level 69) matches are against Promethean opponents, many of whom have full Hades gear. While I have a fair shot against a Level 90 opponent with random gear and no strategy, there's no real way at Legendary to take down an opponent with more damage than my top level Diviner and enough pierce to get rid of all my resist, especially when their own health and resist makes "race to OHKO" a losing battle for me.

But a surprising number of matches are against opponents below Level 50 with no Critical stats - and such an opponent would have even less of a chance against me than I would against a Level 99 with Hades gear. And that's when I get matches at all... there aren't exactly tons of opponents in the Arena who are Level 60-79 with rank between 550 and 699...

in any event, though, my rank has stayed consistently between 580 and 628 since mid-to-late January! (until I went 1-6 last night, and I'll just say it's not fun to go up against a Life Warlord whose strategy is "build up max blades and traps while keeping Sanctuary, Fortify, and shields up... Empower or Sacrifice away weaknesses, Shatter your shields, and do five digits of damage even through the Tower you dug for right after the Shatter!")
      Took me some hard work to get solar surge as well and once i got it matches were easier with the extra damage. Sometimes you will get a good streak going and then the bad ones are the worst.... I was one win away from commander and i lost my grind and went 0-8... That was too much, wait till you go against those life with 80+ resist and not trying to kill you lol thats annoying. Right now myth is the top school in pvp, myth spells are too good

ChoGath is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Honestly, rank has just become another high stone wall that blocks new duelists from being competitive by blocking solar surge, the duelist ring, and the duelist athame (knife).

The grind for competitive gear is boring, repetitive, no fun.

The limited number of viable strategies in the mid level ranges is boring, repetitive, no fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12